PDA

View Full Version : Duquesne up 17 on Fordham

maacfb
September 10th, 2005, 02:11 PM
30-13 Dukes

DetroitFlyer
September 10th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Great win for the Dukes. The atheletes at the top Mid-Majors are getting better every year and as demonstrataed by CCSU and Duquesne, and these teams can beat a full scholarship, ( or equivalent ), team once in a while.

maacfb
September 10th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Duquesne has been playing and winning versus the mid to bottom tier Patriot's for a few years. CCSU's win was a huge upset for a mid major program

Doo Cane 4 ever
September 10th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Another great win for the Dukes and on to Penn next week with optimism and a sneaky suspicion of an upset. The injury to Hocker might be critical but there are plenty of players to step up and take his place. First quarter is going to be the key and if Duquesne can hold Penn then their confidence will grow. Got to get the running game going and OL have to step up and make the holes. Lots of Dookies expected to travel to the game from the East Coast which will create a good atmosphere and an upset is on the cards. IT'S A GOOD TIME TO BE A DUQUESNE FAN :nod:

MU Alum
September 11th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Its a great time to be a "mid-major"fan in general. In the first two weeks, Duquesne beat Fordham, CCSU beat Colgate, and Stony Brook beat Bucknell. Stony Brook wasnt even suppose to be a good mid-major team this year (picked to finish 7th I think) and Bucknell had some pretty good pre-season hype for them in the Patriot. I wish MU played better against Lehigh, but we still showed the talent level isnt as wide, and Lehigh has a great passing offense, something MU doesnt match up well against. I believe its 3-3 Mid-majors vs Patriot League and 2-2 NEC vs. Patriot League. Maybe people need to start giving our conference a little more respect.