PDA

View Full Version : FCS schools with ZERO representation here

woffordgrad94
November 12th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I just saw a post from Northern Colorado, so I got to thinking...is there a school on here that nobody posts for? Then I realized that there are some- a lot of the non-scholly teams like Davidson, Monmouth, and Butler, and the perrenial doormat Savannah State? Any more? Speaking of Davidson, I hate their presence in the SoCon. The fact that they are not spending money on football gives them an unfair advantage in basketball and other sports. The same holds true for UNC-Greensboro and College of Charleston. Who are the favorites to win the SoCon in basketball? You guessed it- Davidson, C of C, and UNC-G. Sorry, that's another topic, I got carried away on a tangent there.

appfan2008
November 12th, 2007, 09:47 PM
actually asu is ahead right up there with them for basketball this year but to keep it on football...

most schools from the aq conferences are recommended... i certainly cant think of any that are not represented

igo4uni
November 12th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Indiana State

UMass922
actually asu is ahead right up there with them for basketball this year but to keep it on football...

most schools from the aq conferences are recommended... i certainly cant think of any that are not represented

Are there any Indiana State fans here? Technically ISU is an AQ-conference school . . .

igo4uni
Montana.

igo4uni
November 12th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Idaho State??

FCS Go!
November 12th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Idaho State??

No, I've seen a Bengal! I think. xeyebrowx

UMass922
November 12th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Idaho State??

I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one Bengals fan around every now and then . . . forget the name, though.

appfan2008
November 12th, 2007, 09:55 PM
true, definately have not seen any indiana state fans but that is sort of obvious why

UMass922
How about Southern Utah?

woffordgrad94
Yep, Indiana State. That's a good one. Haven't seen them. And by the way, ASU is a huge state-supported school who has the funds to be good at both football and basketball. Us small private schools have to make choices as to what we want to be competitive in. xbawlingx

igo4uni
November 12th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Yep, Indiana State. That's a good one. Haven't seen them. And by the way, ASU is a huge state-supported school who has the funds to be good at both football and basketball. Us small private schools have to make choices as to what we want to be competitive in. xbawlingx

Raise some more money.

BlueHen86
I just saw a post from Northern Colorado, so I got to thinking...is there a school on here that nobody posts for? Then I realized that there are some- a lot of the non-scholly teams like Davidson, Monmouth, and Butler, and the perrenial doormat Savannah State? Any more? Speaking of Davidson, I hate their presence in the SoCon. The fact that they are not spending money on football gives them an unfair advantage in basketball and other sports. The same holds true for UNC-Greensboro and College of Charleston. Who are the favorites to win the SoCon in basketball? You guessed it- Davidson, C of C, and UNC-G. Sorry, that's another topic, I got carried away on a tangent there.

JMG1MON is a Monmouth fan. He posted in the Albany - Monmouth game thread last weekend.

woffordgrad94
I've seen an Idaho State poster. But I've never seen one from Southern Utah.

igo4uni
November 12th, 2007, 09:58 PM
How about Southern Utah?

They are coming to the fabulous UNI-Dome on Saturday!!xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

DFW HOYA
Here are three:

St. Francis
Savannah State
Dartmouth

UMass922
La Salle! Last chance for one of their fans to show their face before their team goes kaput . . .

DuckDuckGriz
November 12th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Montana State

BlueHen86
November 12th, 2007, 09:59 PM
The funny thing is, I've seen posts from Old Dominion fans, and they haven't started playing yet.

woffordgrad94
November 12th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Raise some more money.

If I won the lottery, I would help the old alma mater out greatly.

igo4uni
Here are three:

St. Francis
Savannah State
Dartmouth

Are they really FCS??

I had no idea!!!!!xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx

UNHWildCats

Maybe???

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/member.php?u=4405

Hasnt been on since August though.

woffordgrad94
November 12th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Where is St. Francis? What conference are they in? I've never heard of that school.

TheValleyRaider
November 12th, 2007, 10:03 PM
From the top of my head:
Columbia (there's someone here with a Columbia avatar, but I think he's a fan of someone else)
Cornell
Penn
Princeton
Iona
LaSalle
Sacred Heart
St. Francis
Austin Peay
Butler
Jacksonville
Morehead State
Valparaiso
Alabama A&M
Alcorn State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Mississippi Valley State

I think there's a Dartmouth guy who uses an old Griz helmet as his avatar
I'm also fairly certain I've seen an Indiana State guy or two a couple of times

AZGrizFan
I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one Bengals fan around every now and then . . . forget the name, though.

BioBengal. xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
Here are three:

St. Francis

Savannah State http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/member.php?u=39 maybe?

Dartmouth http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/member.php?u=4685

??

woffordgrad94
November 12th, 2007, 10:04 PM
There aren't any Davidson posters, are they? I haven't seen any.

Appaholic
November 12th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Are there any Indiana State fans PERIOD? Technically ISU is an AQ-conference school, in reality, they are a joke . . .

Fixed it for you.....xwhistlex

strike00
November 12th, 2007, 10:14 PM
there are a couple of Indiana St. Fans that post on the gateway forum on VT. But mainly it's just to ridicule their program though.

TexasTerror
November 12th, 2007, 10:16 PM
SLC has full representation...

McNeese (by far #1) and SHSU (mainly blackfordpu and myself -- with a few others who post some) are the leaders followed by Texas State- San Marcos...

SELA, NWST, NICH, UCA and SELA have a few members each...

SFA has one guy, but he doesn't post much...

UNCBears2010
November 12th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Are there any Sacramento State fans here? I think I've seen Eastern Washington and Portland State here, but they might have been on another Big Sky board. I know that there at least 3 Northern Colorado fans on here.

Go...gate
November 12th, 2007, 10:25 PM
From the top of my head:
Columbia (there's someone here with a Columbia avatar, but I think he's a fan of someone else)
Cornell
Penn
Princeton
Iona
LaSalle
Sacred Heart
St. Francis
Austin Peay
Butler
Jacksonville
Morehead State
Valparaiso
Alabama A&M
Alcorn State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Mississippi Valley State

I post for Princeton (home-town team, season tix holder for decades) when I don't post for Colgate.

McNeese_beat
November 12th, 2007, 10:25 PM
From the top of my head:
Cornell
Penn
Princeton
Iona
LaSalle
Sacred Heart
St. Francis
Austin Peay
Butler
Jacksonville
Morehead State
Valparaiso
Alabama A&M
Alcorn State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Mississippi Valley State

I had a Columbia avatar for about a week or two. Columbia is where I saw my first college game.

Grizaholic17
November 12th, 2007, 10:27 PM
How about Southern Utah?

I'll look, but I remember a Southern Utah fan. Not sure though. I'll look

Grizaholic17
November 12th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Are there any Sacramento State fans here? I think I've seen Eastern Washington and Portland State here, but they might have been on another Big Sky board. I know that there at least 3 Northern Colorado fans on here.

Oh yeah, Sac State is represented by at least one. I remember. Annd Eastern and PSU have pretty good rep.

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Here are three:

St. Francis
Savannah State
Dartmouth

I believe there is a St. Francis fan here. Ironic that we get a St. Peter's poster...and they dont have football anymore.

Kudos to Peacock!xthumbsupx

woffordgrad94
November 12th, 2007, 10:36 PM
OH! I remember now. Aren't there two St. Francises, one in NY and one in PA? One of them is the Terriers, just like Wofford. :) I guess just one of them has football.

AZGrizFan
November 12th, 2007, 10:37 PM
yeah, there's 3 or 4 Sac State guys here... every BSC team is represented, however slight.

slycat
November 12th, 2007, 10:38 PM
SLC has full representation...

McNeese (by far #1) and SHSU (mainly blackfordpu and myself -- with a few others who post some) are the leaders followed by Texas State- San Marcos...

SELA, NWST, NICH, UCA and SELA have a few members each...

SFA has one guy, but he doesn't post much...

theres even the guy who posts for UTA.

kardplayer
November 12th, 2007, 10:38 PM
From the top of my head:

I'm a Columbia business school alum, but I only follow them from a distance

BearsCountry
November 12th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Southeast Missouri State, dont remember seeing any Redhawks fans.

GoAgs72
November 12th, 2007, 11:02 PM
There was one Southern Utah fan at one time but he may have been an imposter. Take a look at the SUU fan board and you will see some real activity - http://www.voy.com/153149/.

Thunderstruck84
November 12th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Montana.
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

woffordgrad94
November 12th, 2007, 11:18 PM
There was one Southern Utah fan at one time but he may have been an imposter. Take a look at the SUU fan board and you will see some real activity - http://www.voy.com/153149/.

Click the Southern Utah fans post--- it's funny!:D

JALMOND
November 13th, 2007, 12:11 AM

A few other PSU fans have come in from time to time, but for the most part I'm proud to say that I am THE Portland State fan!

UNHWildCats
November 13th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Click the Southern Utah fans post--- it's funny!:D

Theres something funny about being a homosexual?

patssle
November 13th, 2007, 01:33 AM
There's only 1 SFA fan I think.

th0m
November 13th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Theres something funny about being a homosexual?

I think what woffordgrad was implying is the fact that posters on an SUU forum are surprised their team is represented on AGS and figure it almost has to be someone else simply posing as an SUU fan. Buuuut I'm sure you have your reasons.

woffordgrad94
November 13th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I think what woffordgrad was implying is the fact that posters on an SUU forum are surprised their team is represented on AGS and figure it almost has to be someone else simply posing as an SUU fan. Buuuut I'm sure you have your reasons.

Yes, that's what I was implying, th0m. And really, I doubt the poster they talked about is really a homosexual- guys calls other guys "gay" or "homo" all the time- it doesn't necessarily mean they think they like other men- it sometimes just means they think they need to "grow a set"!

DSUHornet
November 13th, 2007, 12:36 PM
the NC A&T Aggies are into hiding. no offense, if one reads this.

PeacockRaider
November 13th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I believe there is a St. Francis fan here. Ironic that we get a St. Peter's poster...and they dont have football anymore.

Kudos to Peacock!xthumbsupx

Yeah I have to wait for basketball season to support the school now, and I don't really like basketball all that much. Going to see them play Lehigh @ stabler Wednesday. A Colgate win in football and SPC win in basketball against the hated Hawks would make for a good year :)

89Hen
November 13th, 2007, 12:45 PM
biobengal

89Hen
November 13th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Yep, Indiana State. That's a good one. Haven't seen them.
We had one here a couple years ago. xpeacex

Mountain Panther
November 13th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Lately the Youngstown fans are like the movie I saw last night: Gone Baby, Gone.

89Hen
November 13th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Cornell
Penn
Iona
St. Francis
Austin Peay
Valparaiso
Alabama A&M
Alcorn State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
I'm fairly certain we've had one from each of them.

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I've seen an Idaho State poster. But I've never seen one from Southern Utah.

There were two, preseason, but both had <10 posts each. xoopsx xoopsx

rmutv
November 13th, 2007, 12:57 PM
downbythebeach is a St. Francis PA fan. St. Francis is in the Northeast Conference alongside Robert Morris, Central Connecticut State, Monmouth, Albany, Wagner, Sacred Heart, and starting in 2008, Duquesne.

DukesR4Real used to post here on behalf of Duquesne, but I haven't seen anyone representing the Dukes in recent months.

As an addendum, and reading the original post...perhaps a lot of the anti-non-scholarship comments would go by the wayside on here if the fans of the larger schools would at least partially familiarize themselves with ALL FCS schools instead of just the large ones. In order to effectively argue for our place in FCS competition, we partial/non-scholarship fans have to learn as much as possible about FCS as a whole by default.

Perhaps fans of the larger schools should make the same effort.

rcny46
November 13th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I found a couple of Indiana State fans in the member listing.One is ISUalum,and the other is Sycamore who joined in August of this year,and hasn't posted to date.

andy7171
November 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM
I've definately seen guys from Iona, Cornell and Penn. And I'm fairly certain there is a guy from Alabama A&M too.

lc83
November 13th, 2007, 01:07 PM
The one and only Butler fan here, holding down the fort since the April of '07.

danefan
November 13th, 2007, 01:15 PM
downbythebeach is a St. Francis PA fan. St. Francis is in the Northeast Conference alongside Robert Morris, Central Connecticut State, Monmouth, Albany, Wagner, Sacred Heart, and starting in 2008, Duquesne.

DukesR4Real used to post here on behalf of Duquesne, but I haven't seen anyone representing the Dukes in recent months.

As an addendum, and reading the original post...perhaps a lot of the anti-non-scholarship comments would go by the wayside on here if the fans of the larger schools would at least partially familiarize themselves with ALL FCS schools instead of just the large ones. In order to effectively argue for our place in FCS competition, we partial/non-scholarship fans have to learn as much as possible about FCS as a whole by default.

Perhaps fans of the larger schools should make the same effort.

I would also like to point out that the NEC is not non-scholarship and is not mid-major (despite some media (and apparently some SID's)) that refuse to let it go). NEC teams can offer 30 scholarships right now. By next year most of the NEC teams will be at that 30 cap.

Seahawks Fan
November 13th, 2007, 01:19 PM
faxjusfax is a Lasalle fan. But he hasn't posted since the start of the season. I think he knew what was coming. Would like to see him back.

Seahawks Fan
November 13th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Are there Marist and Iona posters? xconfusedx

downbythebeach
November 13th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Yes I am a Saint Francis University fan.....headed to Chatty next year.

rmutv
November 13th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I would also like to point out that the NEC is not non-scholarship and is not mid-major (despite some media (and apparently some SID's)) that refuse to let it go). NEC teams can offer 30 scholarships right now. By next year most of the NEC teams will be at that 30 cap.

I figured I'd start with the concept that the teams exist, then we'll progress to educating everyone on the number of scholarships. xlolx

danefan
November 13th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I figured I'd start with the concept that the teams exist, then we'll progress to educating everyone on the number of scholarships. xlolx

No time for that....NEC playoff bid on the line here........
xsmiley_wix xlolx xlolx xrotatehx xrotatehx
xcoachx xlmaox

Sawtooth
November 13th, 2007, 03:40 PM
No, I've seen a Bengal! I think. xeyebrowx

We lurk...! http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wsthune/cps/traditional/lurk.gif