PDA

View Full Version : Will your coach be back in 2008?

Cobblestone
November 12th, 2007, 09:10 PM
How many of you think your coach will not be back in 2008? Why not? Do you feel it will be a firing or non-extension of his contract? How many of you feel your coach will be grabbed by an FBS team or another FCS team?

I think everyone knows my answer but I'm curious to hear from others.

Thanks.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 12th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I think for the first time in three years, our coach will be returning!!

Great news in the boro!!

igo4uni
November 12th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Mark Farley: "I'll be back"

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/357392.jpeg

Maroon&White
November 12th, 2007, 09:23 PM
If Mark Whipple gets a head coaching job at the FBS level, then it appears Don Brown will be heading with him to be the D-Cord.

unialum95
November 12th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Mark Farley: "I'll be back"

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/357392.jpeg

I hope so but wouldn't place any bets if he wins the National Title. Big Red lin Lincoln is looking for a new coach and Farley's style is what Osborne will be looking for. Will be an interesting off season, I suspect. Enough looking foward, let's get SUU and lock up a #1 seed.

woffordgrad94
November 12th, 2007, 09:34 PM
I don't think Wofford would ever fire Mike Ayers- even if we went 0-11. Wofford just doesn't really fire coaches, though a few in non-revenue sports have resigned- possibly under pressure- for poor records. But Mike is loved by all.

JaxSinfonian
November 12th, 2007, 09:43 PM
The only way Jack Crowe doesn't come back at Jax State is if they promote him to AD. This was the first of a five-year contract extension (awarded after back-to-back 6-5 seasons ... wtf?). Current AD Jim Fuller is rumored to be on his way out soon, and Crowe would probably make a capable administrator. He's done a lot to improve the program off the field. After three disappointing seasons following two that showed such promise (but ended in disaster), many fans are ready for a change on the sidelines.

So who would replace him as HC? Dunno. Anybody got a resume they'd like to send our way?

bcrawf
November 12th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I hope so but wouldn't place any bets if he wins the National Title. Big Red lin Lincoln is looking for a new coach and Farley's style is what Osborne will be looking for. Will be an interesting off season, I suspect. Enough looking foward, let's get SUU and lock up a #1 seed.

Farley has seen the big time. That didn't work out so great for him. He is a UNI Guy through and through and is making UNI into a consistent national title caliber team.

He is not going anywhere, especially Nebraska. Nebraska is hiring a Nebraska Guy. Period.

Griz0383
November 12th, 2007, 09:47 PM
I see Bobby Hauck moven on this years and his replacement will be!!! Van diest from Carroll Ya heard it here fist!
Van Diest won 4 national championships in a row in NAIA 2002 -2005

appfan2008
November 12th, 2007, 09:49 PM
a little birdy just told me in my hear that jerry moore will be back!!!!!!!!!

FargoBison
November 12th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Would be nice to get Bohl back, it sounds like he wants to come back but you never know. After Colorado State took our basketball coach, anything could happen if the right price/situation came along.

igo4uni
November 12th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Farley has seen the big time. That didn't work out so great for him. He is a UNI Guy through and through and is making UNI into a consistent national title caliber team.

He is not going anywhere, especially Nebraska. Nebraska is hiring a Nebraska Guy. Period.

Yeah............he and Terry Allen did not have that great of an experience at KU.

Eyes of Old Main
November 12th, 2007, 10:15 PM
If you are a Western Carolina fan, NO... xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
November 12th, 2007, 10:22 PM

I think Turner Gill has the inside track to that job.... xcoolx

UNCBears2010
November 12th, 2007, 10:28 PM
The last three games at UNC have probably saved Scott Downing's job. Only logical to bring him back for the third year of a three year contract, don't need to waste the money buying him out unless there is a much better option around, which there doesn't appear to be.

bcrawf
November 12th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I think Turner Gill has the inside track to that job.... xcoolx

The other name going around Lincoln is Rich Rodriguez, but I agree that Turner Gill is the hire. He has had success at Buffalo, and if you can win at Buffalo...

BearsCountry
November 12th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Terry Allen isnt going anywhere.

AZGrizFan
November 12th, 2007, 10:47 PM
The other name going around Lincoln is Rich Rodriguez, but I agree that Turner Gill is the hire. He has had success at Buffalo, and if you can win at Buffalo...

I think Rodriguez's name comes up for EVERY coaching hire out there. After what he did last year, I'm surprised anyone would want to take that chance again. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

bcrawf
November 12th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I tend to agree with you about Rodriguez...

In the end I think they end up with a Nebraska guy. Turner Gill or Bo Pelini.

kalm
November 12th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Since Eastern's coach Paul Wulff played at WSU, you always have to wonder when Bill Doba will step down. That being said, the cupboard is definitely full in Cheney the next couple of years.

DSUHornet
November 12th, 2007, 11:15 PM
we would be fools not to renew lavan's contract

gokats85
November 12th, 2007, 11:17 PM
If SHSU beats TSU-SM, then Todd Whitten will certainly be back next year. Correction; he'll be at SHSU next year anyway.

The Cats
November 12th, 2007, 11:20 PM
How many of you think your coach will not be back in 2008? Why not? Do you feel it will be a firing or non-extension of his contract? How many of you feel your coach will be grabbed by an FBS team or another FCS team?

I think everyone knows my answer but I'm curious to hear from others.

Thanks.

nope.... he was fired tonight

dbackjon
November 12th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Sauer will be back for another promising season that ends 6-5, with a loss to Montana xbangx

KiddBrewer
November 13th, 2007, 12:05 AM
jerry moore will be back til that in shape beast of a man dies at around 128.....so yea we shouldnt have to worry bout a coach for a good 50-60 yearsxrotatehx

in seriousness, he'll be back til he doesnt want to be anymore, and then scott satterfield (QB Coach) will take over, so we're good for a while

Big Dawg
November 13th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I hope Coach Carter leaves...NOW!!!

And he better not lose to BCU this weekend or he better not ever return to Tallahassee...xmadx

TheValleyRaider
November 13th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Biddle stays, at least to 2011 (I think)

Soon to become the all-time winningest coach in Colgate history xnodx xhurrayx xbowx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 13th, 2007, 07:15 AM
If Mark Whipple gets a head coaching job at the FBS level, then it appears Don Brown will be heading with him to be the D-Cord.

Wow what a loss that would be!

What are the chances of that?

RabidRabbit
November 13th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Would be nice to get Bohl back, it sounds like he wants to come back but you never know. After Colorado State took our basketball coach, anything could happen if the right price/situation came along.

Hope Bohl stays at NDSU, he's been a GREAT coach for the Thundering Herd. Probably too good..... xnodx xnodx xnodx

Coach Stig is VERY LIKELY to be back for the Jacks. Especially if Jacks take the Dakota Marker and the GWFC championships this week in Brookings.

That's going to be a GREAT GAME! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

andy7171
November 13th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Gordy just signed a contract extension through 2010.

CSU Girl
November 13th, 2007, 08:10 AM
xhurrayx Coach Jay Mills will be back!

appstate38
November 13th, 2007, 08:23 AM
jerry moore will be back til that in shape beast of a man dies at around 128.....so yea we shouldnt have to worry bout a coach for a good 50-60 yearsxrotatehx

in seriousness, he'll be back til he doesnt want to be anymore, and then scott satterfield (QB Coach) will take over, so we're good for a while

At which point he is buried under the 50 yard line and they name the field after him. But until that happens, not much is going to change in Boone!

bodoyle
November 13th, 2007, 08:38 AM
God only knows with CDB. He gets mentioned for every opening it seems. I think there is a stipulation in his new contract about leaving for another FCS team that would cost him money though.

Maroon&White
November 13th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Wow what a loss that would be!

What are the chances of that?

Chances are prettty good of it happening. Whipple almost got the BC job, and Brown was going to go with him there. I'm expecting this to be the last year UMass has Don Brown.

Houndawg
November 13th, 2007, 10:09 AM
We all hope Jerry Kill will be staying, as much for his community service as his winning teams. Dude sets a pretty good example for his players without seming to be overly preachy about it. He's had some health problems that might make other schools be cautious but he'll eat steak every night in Egypt.

NashMoc
November 13th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Comments from Chattanooga's AD seem to allude that Rodney Allison is done in Chattanooga. He faces his final year of his contract. I just don't see him getting an extension based on five years of poor performance. I could be wrong but I hope not.

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 10:26 AM
God only knows with CDB. He gets mentioned for every opening it seems. I think there is a stipulation in his new contract about leaving for another FCS team that would cost him money though.

Not sure but I can imagine that this year will slow the talk down a little. However, It would not surprise me if the talk doesn't pick up again in the near future.xnodx

OL FU
November 13th, 2007, 10:30 AM
There was lots of bitching and moaning from FU fans this year. But Lamb is back no doubt. Furman is not the type of school that fires a coach that (pending - we will wait until this saturday is over) has not had a losing season and has been to the play offs four out of six years just because he has one mediocre season. And while it has been disappointing with the way the SoCon has been this year it has not been horrible.

Pauly LB
November 13th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Coach Rich Ellerson is under contract thru 2013...

Ronin
November 13th, 2007, 10:46 AM

I like Farley would hate to see him go to Lincoln.

LBPop
November 13th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Gordy just signed a contract extension through 2010.

How long do you think Bob Benson will stick around as D. Coordinator? How is he regarded in beautiful, downtown, Towson?

bjtheflamesfan
November 13th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Anyone that says Danny Rocco won't be back in 08 is either drunk, high, insane, or some combination of the three

813Jag
November 13th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I think Pete Richardson will be back next year.

AggieFinn
November 13th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Coach Bob Biggs will be back.

santosballnewhampshire
November 13th, 2007, 03:56 PM
What are the takes on Coach Sean McDonnell?

CSU Girl
November 14th, 2007, 09:01 AM

I hope he stays, he is a good man.