PDA

View Full Version : WCU AD releases official statement on Briggs

catamount man
November 12th, 2007, 05:43 PM
http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111207aab.html

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

It is INDEED September 17, 1993 all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(muy first time) Feels just as good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

terrierbob
November 12th, 2007, 05:46 PM
CONGRATS! And you almost blew it by coming back on us so fast.

Mountaineer#96
November 12th, 2007, 05:48 PM
If we helped at all.......you are welcome.;) It is about time this has happened.

phillyAPP
November 12th, 2007, 05:57 PM
http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111207aab.html

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

It is INDEED September 17, 1993 all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(muy first time) Feels just as good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Anytime someone loses a job its sad. Your AD wrote a professional statement. My guess is the coach is a good man that couldn't get the job done.

Good luck in the future.

EKU05
November 12th, 2007, 05:58 PM
This definitely needed to happen...

And also I forgot that Chip Smith was the AD at WCU now. He was the AD at EKU when I started there in 2001. They hired Joanne Glasser as president several months later, and general story is that the two didn't get along all that well.

Good luck on the coaching search. You guys can get as good as you want now that our series is over xsmiley_wix

catamount man
November 12th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Anytime someone loses a job its sad. Your AD wrote a professional statement. My guess is the coach is a good man that couldn't get the job done.

Good luck in the future.

His entire career at WCU was a plethora of mistakes after mistakes and I'm mighty afraid he burnt some bridges with a few old time loyal Cats. In case you didn't know, he was the ONLY Bob Waters asst.not retained by Dale Strahm when DS took over in 1989 prior to Bob's death. Coincidence?

I hate it for him, as I will always consider him a friend, but enough was enough. Hope we hire a Jerry Moore caliber coach.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Go...gate
November 12th, 2007, 06:35 PM

Good luck in the future.

Well said.

Eyes of Old Main
November 12th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I feel certain that Coach Briggs is a good guy and had the best intentions of bringing his alma mater back to prominence, unfortunately, it didn't work out. Hopefully this will be a good move for both paries because both certainly could use some positive change.

The Cats
November 12th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I feel certain that Coach Briggs is a good guy and had the best intentions of bringing his alma mater back to prominence, unfortunately, it didn't work out. Hopefully this will be a good move for both paries because both certainly could use some positive change.

Statement released by Western Carolina head football coach, Kent Briggs:

"I'm a Catamount - will always be a Catamount. This is a great University and I appreciate the privilege to have been the head coach here. It will always hurt my heart that we did not turn the corner with regards to the win-loss record, but I believe we are very close. In fact, the future is bright and great things are going to happen.

People have questioned me not resigning my position before the season was over. But, we preach never quitting, never giving up and fighting through the fourth quarter to our players. How could I have looked them in the eye and tell them to fight until the last whistle blows when I had not.

We have one more game remaining this season. My total focus will be on Furman and we will fight till the end."

Coach Briggs is a class act and truly loves WCU. Too bad love does not result in great coaching.