PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Punt Return

blur2005
November 12th, 2007, 04:13 PM
This was brought up on the thread about NDSU's 80-yard TD pass to win and I felt it deserved it's own thread:

Johnny Grey's 67-yard punt return against Indiana State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5n20kenT0k

GreatAppSt
November 12th, 2007, 04:19 PM
is UNI really still playing on that old Disatroturf?xconfusedx My knees and turf toe hurt just watching it. Ouch!xeekx

bcrawf
November 12th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Its not the true old AstroTurf. It doesn't sit on concrete and there is over 2 inches of foam padding underneath it. It is very forgiving and I can't remember any major injuries being caused by the surface...

PS- We will have a removable form of FieldTurf as soon as we can find a way to store it. The surface will be similar to what they use at the AlamoDome and Texas Stadium...

Barnstormer
November 12th, 2007, 04:32 PM
This was brought up on the thread about NDSU's 80-yard TD pass to win and I felt it deserved it's own thread:

Johnny Grey's 67-yard punt return against Indiana State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5n20kenT0k

Thanks! I did have a original thread somewhere, but if disappeard off the front page rather quick. :)

We should have a weekly hightlight thread where we can throw up vids like this. It would be sweet.

turfdoc
November 12th, 2007, 04:34 PM
is UNI really still playing on that old Disatroturf?xconfusedx My knees and turf toe hurt just watching it. Ouch!xeekx

That stuff believe it or not is just as safe as the new field turf, which is just as safe as natural turf.

I personally do not believe that they are all equivalent, but that is what the industry generated data shows.

I personally think Natural Turf is the only way to go, field turf if a Dome is necessary. The problem with Field Turf is you have to either store it or bring in a flor that sits on top of it (and find a place to store that). If you want to use the dome for other uses.

DSUHornet
November 12th, 2007, 04:46 PM
yea thats some good stuff there. reminds me of myself when i was that age xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Intrepid
November 12th, 2007, 04:50 PM
WOW!!! That was awesome...xthumbsupx

Purple For Life
November 12th, 2007, 05:06 PM
If you go in the Dome when it isn't set up for football, the turf is rolled up underneath the stands. The Dome is multipurpose (and thankfully, basketball is now in the McLeod) and so they like to use it for as much as they can.

Currently, it's hosting Iowa's high school football playoffs. xthumbsupx

Barnstormer
November 12th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Here's hoping I can post several more of those over the next 1 to 4 homegames. :-)

crunifan
November 12th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I wonder if there is any room in the new Human Performance Center to the side of the Dome/WRC that would be able to store Field Turf.

FieldTurf, new seats, and new scoreboards would go a LONG way in helping keep the dome looking great.

JmuSkinsfan
November 12th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Here's hoping I can post several more of those over the next 1 to 4 homegames. :-)

Here's hoping JMU (barring any miracle by Towson next week) doesn't have to play UNI in the playoffs. Haven't seen much of your team this year, but man that Johnny Gray guy can fly. Hopefully we will have LC Baker back healthy for the playoffs to do that for us.

SICK return though...what an athlete...

kardplayer
November 12th, 2007, 09:32 PM
yea thats some good stuff there. reminds me of myself when i was that age xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Which guy on the punt coverage team reminds you of yourself? :D :D :D :D :D :D