18. Fordham Rams 8-2 672 22
19. Grambling State Tigers 8-2 653 17
20. New Hampshire Wildcats 6-4 568 14
21. Eastern Illinois Panthers 7-3 539 25
22. Hofstra Pride 7-3 380 18
23. Alabama A&M Bulldogs 8-2 307 NR
24. Elon Phoenix 6-4 223 19
25. Cal Poly Mustangs 6-4 188 24
Others receiving votes: Harvard 158, South Dakota State 140, Norfolk State 138, Dayton 124, The Citadel 97, Villanova 68, San Diego 63, Western Illinois 59, Liberty 53, Nicholls State 42, Colgate 36, Central Arkansas 30, Furman 23, Hampton 12, South Carolina State 11, Southern 9, Montana State 6, Sam Houston State 5, Albany 4, Prairie View 4, Missouri State 1.

Millwoch
November 12th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Elon losses 2 in a row with head to head loss and still gets 126 more votes then The Citadel and 200 more votes than FU....Whatever?

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 01:17 PM
ELON, CAL POLY...and an Alabama A&M team whose only tough test ended in a blowout of them by Grambling.

My lord.....these rankings get worse by the minute.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 12th, 2007, 01:20 PM
ELON, CAL POLY...and an Alabama A&M team whose only tough test ended in a blowout of them by Grambling.

My lord.....these rankings get worse by the minute.

I think the further down in the poll you get the less sense it's going to make...I find that to usually be the case lol

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 01:22 PM
haha....can't wait for the coaches poll. Iona is probably #15 this week

alexale23
November 12th, 2007, 01:25 PM
every year some body out of the top 16 is left out. Yale will not make the playoffs so out of the top 17 teams who will be sitting out crying.xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

FCS Preview
November 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM
every year some body out of the top 16 is left out. Yale will not make the playoffs so out of the top 17 teams who will be sitting out crying.xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

NDSU will not make the playoffs either.

PaladinFan
November 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I'm a bit suprised Furman beat two top 15 teams in consecutive weeks and didn't show back up.

UDBlueLotFan
November 12th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Top 18, NDSU eitherxrulesx

alexale23
November 12th, 2007, 01:38 PM
I see there is alot of ndsu haters out there

Col Hogan
November 12th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I see there is alot of ndsu haters out there

No hating...they are not eligable so.....

gophoenix
November 12th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Elon losses 2 in a row with head to head loss and still gets 126 more votes then The Citadel and 200 more votes than FU....Whatever?

Elon beat GSU and Wofford and their still ranked ahead of us. Give me a break. It's not like either loss by that many points. Truth of the matter is, all 6 SoCon schools should be ranked right now.

And that Albany fan needs to stop crying until they beat someone ranked higher than 200 in the last 6 weeks of the season.

alexale23
November 12th, 2007, 02:15 PM
WHY is NDSU not eligable to make the playoffs

Mountaineer#96
November 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM
These polls don't mean anything come playoffs, so quit folks....

Mountaineer#96
November 12th, 2007, 02:17 PM
WHY is NDSU not eligable to make the playoffs

NCAA rules b/c of NDSU's transition from D2 to FCS.

alexale23
November 12th, 2007, 02:20 PM
when will they be able to get in the playoffs. that rule seams really dumb if the are undefeated and are the second rated team. Let the kids play

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 02:23 PM
when will they be able to get in the playoffs. that rule seams really dumb if the are undefeated and are the second rated team. Let the kids play

The rule is becasue the kids on the team MAY have been recruited under DII rules and to avoid teams moving up and down on a whim.

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Elon beat GSU and Wofford and their still ranked ahead of us. Give me a break. It's not like either loss by that many points. Truth of the matter is, all 6 SoCon schools should be ranked right now.

And that Albany fan needs to stop crying until they beat someone ranked higher than 200 in the last 6 weeks of the season.

You mean like Top 20 Fordham. Is there a new rule that it has to be in the last 6 weeks of the season. Sorry, didn't know that.

Guess 'dem smart classes out in Elon didn't work for you.

gophoenix
November 12th, 2007, 02:38 PM
You mean like Top 20 Fordham.

Guess 'dem smart classes out in Elon didn't work for you.

Yes like top 20 Fordham. 1 win, by 3 points on a team in their second game playing mostly freshman and sophomore's trying to learn together.

That's nice try at smack, too bad you missed the mark by really missing the point.

I noticed you made no comment about playing 6 games in a row basically against no one in the top 200.

Play and beat more teams that are playing at the top level. That's how you get there. You were 1-3 with teams in the top 30. 2-3 with teams in the top 60. Elon went 2-3 against the top 25, 0-1 against the FBS top 25 and 4-3 against the top 40.

I guess dem logic classes out at Albany didn't work out for you, did they?

ElonPride
November 12th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Play and beat more teams that are playing at the top level. That's how you get there. You were 1-3 with teams in the top 30. 2-3 with teams in the top 60. Elon went 2-3 against the top 25, 0-1 against the FBS top 25 and 4-3 against the top 40.

I guess dem logic classes out at Albany didn't work out for you, did they?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
xlmaox

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 02:53 PM
We did play teams lower ranked...and demolished them. We have 20 kids on scholarship...so most of our VETERANS are not scholarship players. Distinct disadvantage.

That being said, we were breaking in 12 Fresh/Soph/First Year Starters on our two deep offense, including both our Tackles, our TE, our RB, and our QB.

Heck, our RB was a receiver last year.

On defense, we were breaking in 10 Fresh/Soph/First year Starters. We were replacing two starters who are playing in the NFL.

So we basically broke in 1/2 of our two-deep.

Your excuse is weak...and it is curtousey of reading ONE post from a Fordham fan regarding it. For the most part, you will never see Fordham fans using that as an excuse.

BTW, though I do not put stock in Sagarin ratings, Stony Brook is #164. We beat 'em.
So yep...dem classes did work.

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 02:54 PM
xlmaox

Not sure what your laughing about...your team will be on the outside looking in with the Albany Great Danes.

That, and i just answered gophoenix's question of me.

gophoenix
November 12th, 2007, 03:01 PM
We did play teams lower ranked...and demolished them. We have 20 kids on scholarship...so most of our VETERANS are not scholarship players. Distinct disadvantage.

That being said, we were breaking in 12 Fresh/Soph/First Year Starters on our two deep offense, including both our Tackles, our TE, our RB, and our QB.

Heck, our RB was a receiver last year.

On defense, we were breaking in 10 Fresh/Soph/First year Starters. We were replacing two starters who are playing in the NFL.

So we basically broke in 1/2 of our two-deep.

Your excuse is weak...and it is curtousey of reading ONE post from a Fordham fan regarding it. For the most part, you will never see Fordham fans using that as an excuse.

BTW, though I do not put stock in Sagarin ratings, Stony Brook is #164. We beat 'em.
So yep...dem classes did work.

How about this. It takes a while to get the pollsters to recognize you when you aren't in one of the big conferences, especially when you paly a schedule of no one of note for an extended period of time.

Elon went through it. You're going through it. That is life. But one win over Fordham is not ground for a top-25 ranking. A win over Fordham and over Hofstra or Montana would have been.

I am not trying to dump on Albany like you are Elon, for whatever the reason. I am just saying it is going to take your conference getting stronger as a whole to get noticed down the stretch.

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 03:03 PM
We were ranked with a win over a Delaware team last year...A BAD Delaware team...and a close upset of Lehigh...a BAD LEHIGH.

THere is no rhyme or reason.

And you are missing the WHOLE point. Chime in SE in a few posts:

DAYTON plays in a weak conference as well. There is no way you can tell me that top to bottom the PFL is better than the NEC. If anything, the conferences are even.

DAYTON played TWO sub FCS schools and won.
DAYTON is 8-1 against FCS schools...with a win over San Diego and Fordham...and a bad loss to Morehead. The only current Top 25 team they played is FORDHAM on the road.
DAYTON has blown out the conference aside from the loss to Morehead and won a tight one this week.

Albany has played NO SUB FCS games
Albany is 7-3 with wins over Top 25 Fordham and a win over Stony Brook.
Albany has played THREE CURRENT top 25 teams...two on the road...and one on the outside (Colgate) on the road.
Albany has blown out the conference, the only "close" game being an 18 point spread (game was closer than that).

You are MISSING MY ENTIRE POINT.

Elon is not up against Albany in my mind for rankings. VILLANOVA...should be in over ELON.

My quarrel is with rewarding DAYTON for a schedule that pales to that of Albany. It sets the precedent that to be ranked, which looks good to the committee I am sure, you should go 10-1 vs cupcakes and lower level teams, than 7-3...on the road with ALL LOSSES coming to teams in the TOP 30.

You missed the entire point.

gophoenix
November 12th, 2007, 03:23 PM
We were ranked with a win over a Delaware team last year...A BAD Delaware team...and a close upset of Lehigh...a BAD LEHIGH.

THere is no rhyme or reason.

And you are missing the WHOLE point. Chime in SE in a few posts:

DAYTON plays in a weak conference as well. There is no way you can tell me that top to bottom the PFL is better than the NEC. If anything, the conferences are even.

DAYTON played TWO sub FCS schools and won.
DAYTON is 8-1 against FCS schools...with a win over San Diego and Fordham...and a bad loss to Morehead. The only current Top 25 team they played is FORDHAM on the road.
DAYTON has blown out the conference aside from the loss to Morehead and won a tight one this week.

Albany has played NO SUB FCS games
Albany is 7-3 with wins over Top 25 Fordham and a win over Stony Brook.
Albany has played THREE CURRENT top 25 teams...two on the road...and one on the outside (Colgate) on the road.
Albany has blown out the conference, the only "close" game being an 18 point spread (game was closer than that).

You are MISSING MY ENTIRE POINT.

Elon is not up against Albany in my mind for rankings. VILLANOVA...should be in over ELON.

My quarrel is with rewarding DAYTON for a schedule that pales to that of Albany. It sets the precedent that to be ranked, which looks good to the committee I am sure, you should go 10-1 vs cupcakes and lower level teams, than 7-3...on the road with ALL LOSSES coming to teams in the TOP 30.

You missed the entire point.

You're right, there is no way I tell you the PFL is better than the NEC top to bottom.

I can't tell you why Dayton is rewarded. All I can really say that humans someone vote based on image, name, players doing good things, coaches, area they focus on, streaks, etc. While the computer polls show a fair picture of the season as a whole.

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 03:25 PM
While the computer polls show a fair picture of the season as a whole.

That's questionable at best.

ERASU2113
November 12th, 2007, 03:27 PM
NDSU eligible next season.

Sucks to be them right now

ElonPride
November 12th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Not sure what your laughing about...your team will be on the outside looking in with the Albany Great Danes.

I was laughing at you! Plain and simple.....NEC this, Albany that, you beat Fordham, big whoop!!! Nearly every school on your sked would lose to West Chester.

gophoenix
November 12th, 2007, 03:39 PM
That's questionable at best.

Depending on the poll. What i was trying to say is that people tend to vote based on recent few weeks memory along with a name bias while computers weight the whole season. So you get different pictures with both.

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Re: Sports Network poll- 11-12-07 - Today, 04:28 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane96

I was laughing at you! Plain and simple.....NEC this, Albany that, you beat Fordham, big whoop!!! Nearly every school on your sked would lose to West Chester.

Yep...kinda like that Delaware team we beat last year.

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Depending on the poll. What i was trying to say is that people tend to vote based on recent few weeks memory along with a name bias while computers weight the whole season. So you get different pictures with both.

I agree with you on that.

ElonPride
November 12th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Re: Sports Network poll- 11-12-07 - Today, 04:28 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane96

Yep...kinda like that Delaware team we beat last year.

????? And that has bearing on 11/12/07 how???????xeyebrowx

blur2005
November 12th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Recruiting differences between divisions. DII is a little less stringent; it's also to keep teams from jumping up and down on a whim. Every team that has moved up has done it - just because the Bison are better than most in such a position doesn't give them the privilege of abandoning the rules.

BTW, I'd love it if the Bison were eligible. Unfortunately, they have to wait more year.

Grizaholic17
November 12th, 2007, 04:48 PM

rules are rules. They signed the Agreement, they cry about it, and it sucks, but the agreement holds them ineligible...so get over it.

Grizaholic17
November 12th, 2007, 04:50 PM
the standings look pretty right for the top 10. And I like where Eastern Washington is. Look for them in the playoffs! They are good.

Gil Dobie
November 12th, 2007, 04:55 PM
NDSU eligible next season.

Sucks to be them right now

It's great to be at the end of the transition at the end of this year and having the team perform this great. Next year could suck without Steve Walker to take on the Gateway Conference.

Good Luck to App St in the playoffs

Gil Dobie
November 12th, 2007, 04:57 PM
rules are rules. They signed the Agreement, they cry about it, and it sucks, but the agreement holds them ineligible...so get over it.

It doesn't suck, it's been a great transition. It's been fun getting to know all the FCS teams and fans. The Gateway conference will be fun next year, not sure if the Bison will be as good, but they should be more than competitive.

Good luck to the Griz in the Playoffs xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
November 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
It doesn't suck, it's been a great transition. It's been fun getting to know all the FCS teams and fans. The Gateway conference will be fun next year, not sure if the Bison will be as good, but they should be more than competitive.

Good luck to the Griz in the Playoffs xthumbsupx

you are not getting off on that. Trying to make me look bad. haha. Good luck to YOU next year!

Drblankstare
November 12th, 2007, 05:00 PM

It wouldnt bother me so much if it werent just Football and Basketball. All of the other sports are eligible this year. So our Volleyball players and Wrestlers could compete for a championship, but just not Football and Basketball. I know its about the money, so what do you do. xsmhx

Houndawg
November 12th, 2007, 05:25 PM
It's great to be at the end of the transition at the end of this year and having the team perform this great. Next year could suck without Steve Walker to take on the Gateway Conference.

Good Luck to App St in the playoffs

That's OK, Eric Sanders, Nick Hill and Luke Drone all graduate too.

srgrizizen
November 12th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Why so much smack against Albany? I thought they were a very good team when I saw them play Montana. Oh Yeah, I forgot, Montana sucks!!

gophoenix
November 12th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Why so much smack against Albany? I thought they were a very good team when I saw them play Montana. Oh Yeah, I forgot, Montana sucks!!

Because the teams that Albany is ripping on are still quite a bit more deserving than Albany. Maybe Villanova should be ranked. Maybe Elon shouldn't be ranked. May be a lot of things. But he's ripping on teams with much better resumes at this point.

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 06:37 PM
In your view.

Again, I ripped ELON for being in over Villanova.

I ripped Dayton for being in over Albany.

You are taking two separate things and putting them together.

Read again.

JohnStOnge
November 12th, 2007, 07:50 PM

Ok, look, we all know that looking at scores isn't perfect. But you say Albany is a "good" team. The only teams that lost worse to Montana than Albany (-21) did are Fort Lewis and Northern Colorado. Fort Lewis is a 1-9 Division II team and Northern Colorado is currently 1-9 and has been outscored 384-115.

Meanwhile, 2-8 Portland State lost to Montana by 3, 5-5 Weber State lost to Montana by 8, and 2-8 Sacramento State lost to Montana by 14. To those on the outside, it's hard to look at Albany losing to Montana by 21 as indicating that [I]that[/I particular performance identified the Dukes as a "good" team.

Not saying they're not. It's just one game. But some teams I think anybody would identify as average at best played Montana closer.

danefan
November 12th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Ok, look, we all know that looking at scores isn't perfect. But you say Albany is a "good" team. The only teams that lost worse to Montana than Albany (-21) did are Fort Lewis and Northern Colorado. Fort Lewis is a 1-9 Division II team and Northern Colorado is currently 1-9 and has been outscored 384-115.

Meanwhile, 2-8 Portland State lost to Montana by 3, 5-5 Weber State lost to Montana by 8, and 2-8 Sacramento State lost to Montana by 14. To those on the outside, it's hard to look at Albany losing to Montana by 21 as indicating that [i]that[/I particular performance identified the Danes as a "good" team.

Not saying they're not. It's just one game. But some teams I think anybody would identify as average at best played Montana closer.

Fixed it for you.xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
November 12th, 2007, 08:05 PM
That's OK, Eric Sanders, Nick Hill and Luke Drone all graduate too.
So does Tom Zetts at Youngstown.

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 08:47 PM

Meanwhile, 2-8 Portland State lost to Montana by 3, 5-5 Weber State lost to Montana by 8, and 2-8 Sacramento State lost to Montana by 14. To those on the outside, it's hard to look at Albany losing to Montana by 21 as indicating that [I]that[/I particular performance identified the Dukes as a "good" team.

John,

Did you watch the game. If not, you probably shouldnt speak to it. Ask the Montana fans about it. The score was Montana up by 21...Albany immediately drives...and scores...and then gets an onside kick with 6:40 to go. Albany is on Montana's 14 yard line with about 5 to go...when picked off, down by 14...and driving all over Montana.

Montana went down the field on the long INT return...and scored to with less than 3 minutes to go to put it away.

That game was much closer than you would like to believe.

If that is not good enough, ask Coach Masella of Fordham what he thought. He stated Albany was the most physical team his squad faced all season.

Grizaholic17
November 12th, 2007, 09:13 PM
John,

Did you watch the game. If not, you probably shouldnt speak to it. Ask the Montana fans about it. The score was Montana up by 21...Albany immediately drives...and scores...and then gets an onside kick with 6:40 to go. Albany is on Montana's 14 yard line with about 5 to go...when picked off, down by 14...and driving all over Montana.

Montana went down the field on the long INT return...and scored to with less than 3 minutes to go to put it away.

That game was much closer than you would like to believe.

It's true. As much as you guys hate to admit it, Albany is a good team. The griz know it...you guys just can't accept it.xpeacex

appfan2008
November 12th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I love how all of these threads these days turn into the "Albany gets no respect...!"

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 10:20 PM
App fan...not the intent at all. The intent is to understand how a similar team is getting respect to be as high as 24, yet they play a weak schedule...and have the same signature wins.

Ask any Albany fan if we think we are a playoff team. The answer:

ABSOLUTELY- That is the heart answer.

Realistically- ABSOLUTELY NOT! We lost to Colgate and that sealed our fate. Period end of story.

That loss ended the Danes hopes. That being said, I am not sure how Dayton gets all this love, if you look at it realistically, in the polls.
I want someone to explain to me what Albany needs to do to move up in the polls compared to Dayton. Albany fans have been quiet all season. Now, it is the point of we:

A) have to schedule insanely (which, btw, we do) to get an at-large.
B) we can get ranked (always great recruiting tool) if we play sub FCS teams and go 10-1.

Believe me, Dane fans would rather win our games and go to the playoffs...but a ranking would be nice as well.

Either way...doesn't matter...I have spoken my peace. We could get THUMPED Saturday. Central ALWAYS plays the Danes tough. It was a good year for the Danes.

gophoenix
November 13th, 2007, 10:43 AM
App fan...not the intent at all. The intent is to understand how a similar team is getting respect to be as high as 24, yet they play a weak schedule...and have the same signature wins.

Ask any Albany fan if we think we are a playoff team. The answer:

ABSOLUTELY- That is the heart answer.

Realistically- ABSOLUTELY NOT! We lost to Colgate and that sealed our fate. Period end of story.

That loss ended the Danes hopes. That being said, I am not sure how Dayton gets all this love, if you look at it realistically, in the polls.
I want someone to explain to me what Albany needs to do to move up in the polls compared to Dayton. Albany fans have been quiet all season. Now, it is the point of we:

A) have to schedule insanely (which, btw, we do) to get an at-large.
B) we can get ranked (always great recruiting tool) if we play sub FCS teams and go 10-1.

Believe me, Dane fans would rather win our games and go to the playoffs...but a ranking would be nice as well.

Either way...doesn't matter...I have spoken my peace. We could get THUMPED Saturday. Central ALWAYS plays the Danes tough. It was a good year for the Danes.

Play a good FBS team and beat them or come close to beating them abd you'll get some notice. Beat ranked teams while they are ranked. Like it or not, but part of the polling issue is people remember the rank at the time. Like App beat #5 Michigan, even though Michigan spent much of the season unranked.

What else.... spread the OOC games. Don't blow your wad at the beginning of the season. Even if you do beat 4 ranked teams, chances are, you'll fall in the polls if the rest of your conference doesn't get better.

The complaint about Dayton may be well placed. I don't get the love-affair the sportswriters have with Dayton and San Diego.

Lastly, you don't get respect by ripping on teams who have a better resume than you.

Feel free to encourage your school to schedule Elon if you want to also. We need some games in 2 years.

danefan
November 13th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Play a good FBS team and beat them or come close to beating them abd you'll get some notice. Beat ranked teams while they are ranked. Like it or not, but part of the polling issue is people remember the rank at the time. Like App beat #5 Michigan, even though Michigan spent much of the season unranked.

What else.... spread the OOC games. Don't blow your wad at the beginning of the season. Even if you do beat 4 ranked teams, chances are, you'll fall in the polls if the rest of your conference doesn't get better.

The complaint about Dayton may be well placed. I don't get the love-affair the sportswriters have with Dayton and San Diego.

Lastly, you don't get respect by ripping on teams who have a better resume than you.

Feel free to encourage your school to schedule Elon if you want to also. We need some games in 2 years.

We don't really have much of a scheduling choice. The conference schedule doesn't get made around our OOC schedule, it happens the other way around. I'd love to have an OOC game late in the season, but we haven't had that luxury to date.

And don't be surprised to see an Albany/Elon game in the near future (not next year thought). Pete Lembo is one of the many Bob Ford disciples who began his coaching career at Albany.

UAalum72
November 13th, 2007, 10:56 AM
This is FCS, not the FBS. Delaware and Lehigh were ranked when Albany beat them, it's not our fault we picked their worst years to have scheduled them

90% of non-conference games are in September. Leagues want to play head-to-head coming down the stretch

Any guarantee Elon won't suck in two years? Wouldn't want to waste a long trip on an OOC game that won't help us.

drpnut
November 13th, 2007, 11:07 AM
How far did Wofford move up in the poll? I think it is like two spots. We beat the stuffing out of Chatty, had other schools lose and we gt the AQ. I feel we should have moved more. We may have, I don't have last week's in front of me.

Help me.

Dane96
November 13th, 2007, 11:42 AM

What is difficult to comprehend here? I was ripping two seperate things:

1. Dayton over Albany
2. Elon over Villanova

How does Albany lose respect by arguing Elon is undeserving of a spot over Villanova?! (Rhetorical, no need to answer).

Any way, Albany will be playing Elon soon enough. In fact, even before Lembo, we were supposed to play you a few years ago.

gophoenix
November 13th, 2007, 12:19 PM
This is FCS, not the FBS. Delaware and Lehigh were ranked when Albany beat them, it's not our fault we picked their worst years to have scheduled them

Thank you captain obvious. That was another season, not this season. So you beat two teams that had their worst years when you beat them and are bragging about the win. Listen to yourself.

90% of non-conference games are in September. Leagues want to play head-to-head coming down the stretch

Yes, and most conferences with 9 teams or less still have time for middle and end of the year games that are non-conference when all is said and done.

Any guarantee Elon won't suck in two years? Wouldn't want to waste a long trip on an OOC game that won't help us.

No. But there is no reason to believe Albany will be a team that doesn't hurt our SoS either.

You Albany people are some real whiners.

gophoenix
November 13th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Thank you captain obvious. That was another season, not this season. So you beat two teams that had their worst years when you beat them and are bragging about the win. Listen to yourself.

The bottom line is playing an FBS team helps you like playing an FCS team helps a D-II school.

Yes, and most conferences with 9 teams or less still have time for middle and end of the year games that are non-conference when all is said and done.

No. But there is no reason to believe Albany will be a team that doesn't hurt our SoS either.

You Albany people are some real whiners.

What is difficult to comprehend here? I was ripping two seperate things:

1. Dayton over Albany
2. Elon over Villanova

How does Albany lose respect by arguing Elon is undeserving of a spot over Villanova?! (Rhetorical, no need to answer).

Ok, let me say it then, Albany doesn't deserve to be ranked, neither does Dayton. So there's your spot for Villanova. Case closed.

Any way, Albany will be playing Elon soon enough. In fact, even before Lembo, we were supposed to play you a few years ago.

We'll see.

danefan
November 13th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Ok, let me say it then, Albany doesn't deserve to be ranked, neither does Dayton. So there's your spot for Villanova. Case closed.

I don't think you'll find an Albany fan on here that is going to argue with that.

Us Albany fans (at least Dane96 and I) would not have even chimed in on the playoff or rankings talk had teams not been considered that were equal to or less deserving then us. Plain and simple. Albany and Dayton shouldn't be top 25 teams (or should maybe be 25). Same holds true for the Colgate (and Holy Cross last week) talk for an at-large. Albany shouldn't be an at-large and neither should Colgate. But when people start throwing those other teams around for you are going to get posts in defense of our own team.

Dane96
November 13th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Thank you Danefan; It is clear people aren't understanding what we are advocating.

Albany is, at best 25-30. No more, arguably less.

gophoenix
November 13th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Thank you Danefan; It is clear people aren't understanding what we are advocating.

Albany is, at best 25-30. No more, arguably less.

No, people understand what you are advocating, just not your methods behind the way you do it. Big difference.

Dane96
November 13th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Dude...I haven't posted UNTIL THIS WEEK. Albany fans have been very very peaceful over the years regarding our status...we know our place. It was when others step up...that we had to chime in.

And you are the only one saying anything. You don't like it...hit the ignore button.