PDA

View Full Version : Facilities question

NashMoc
November 12th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Many UTC fans and Rodney Allison apologist's blame our subpar football facilities for our team's struggles. I am curious if there are successful teams out there that would rate their own facilities as poor. I am talking about practice, meeting space and workout facilities. Please enlighten me.

813Jag
November 12th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Many UTC fans and Rodney Allison apologist's blame our subpar football facilities for our team's struggles. I am curious if there are successful teams out there that would rate their own facilities as poor. I am talking about practice, meeting space and workout facilities. Please enlighten me.
Facilities definitely help, at Southern we've done pretty well the last 10 years with the facilities we have. I wouldn't call ours poor but right now their below average. But we're patiently waiting for our projects to be done.

Mountaineer#96
November 12th, 2007, 10:52 AM
ASU's facilities would be rated close to poor compared with the amount of success we have had. They sort of just barely made the grade to not be considered poor. The new AD and two championships have brought about a new era and from 2005 on everything has started to change. This upcoming season the facilities will no doubt be considered excellent. :)

NDSUFREAK
November 12th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I've taken a tour of the new offices and meeting rooms at NDSU and they are they are top notch in any division. NDSU is very lucky

WUTNDITWAA
November 12th, 2007, 10:56 AM
I'm assuming you aren't talking about the stadium. Facilities do make a difference, but with that said, Appalachian's present facilities are probably among the worst in the SoCon.

Tribe4SF
November 12th, 2007, 11:15 AM
New Hampshire certainly ranks as a team that has overcome marginal facilities. W&M, while not successful the past few years, also had success with poor facilities, but is now catching up rapidly.

WVAPPmountaineer
November 12th, 2007, 01:18 PM
UTC has a great facility in Finley Stadium, don't know anything about the practice areas, etc. - APP State's will be first class but they are still a long way from that designation

Dane96
November 12th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Think about this: 20 scholarships, horrible field, cold northern city, and a killer schedule. Bob Ford has coaxed good teams out of Albany and has overcome ****ty facilities.
Y'all would be shocked, but worse than Parsons...and probably in the Top 2worst facilities in America, is University Field at Albany.
Great "field" itself. However, stands are wooden seats nailed to the concrete stairs (all 10 rows of them) to our Old PE Gym...and a 500 person bleacher section across the way.

We do have an air bubble...with a concrete tennis floor.The weight room is definately good...but damn...Bob Ford is one of the best out there when he gets kids to come. It is worse than JUNIOR high fields...worse than LaSalle, worse than Parsons, etc.

If they bowled it in with seats...it would be amazing.

Here's a look. The left side, top to bottom, of the pic is our "STADIA":

http://www.albany.edu/sports/images/facilities/football-field-arial.jpg

The Moody1
November 12th, 2007, 01:51 PM
UTC has a great facility in Finley Stadium, don't know anything about the practice areas, etc. - APP State's will be first class but they are still a long way from that designation

I know it may seem like a long time but 2009 is not really that far down the road.

Brad82
November 12th, 2007, 02:29 PM
UNH,CCSU-how about Norfolk state?

putter
November 12th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Facilities can play a big role. To win you need good recruits and recruits look at where they are going to play. Wa-Griz was built in 1986, Don Read became coach and that is when the Griz program turned around.

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2007, 02:53 PM
KEELER...IS NOT HAPPY WHIFF...OURAH CURRENT WEIGHT ROOM......HE WANTS UPDATED TEAM MEETIN' ROOMS.......STUDY FACILITY..WHIFF PLENTY O' COMPUTERS...SO PLAYERS CAN STUDY/DO HOMEWORK....RIGHT AT DUH BOB......HAS MENTIONED SEVERAL TIMES ON RADIO......DAT JAMES MADISON'S SET-UP IS TOP O' DUH LINE.......HE WANTS STADIUM UPGRADES...LIKE JUMBO-TRON......MO' SEATIN' CAPACITY....HE WANTS TA GIVE BACK...TA OURAH FANS........xnodx...BRAWK!

eagle_GT
November 12th, 2007, 04:13 PM
VanGorder told us that our facilities sucked. Of course the players, traditions, media, ect... weren't good enough for him. Glad that we have a real coach now.

EKU05
November 12th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Our practice facilities consist of a field-turf practice field and a small locker room building at the corner...nothing too impressive. They did just rennovate the practice locker rooms...so those are pretty impressive on the inside as I understand it.

Maroons
November 12th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Our practice facilities consist of a field-turf practice field and a small locker room building at the corner...nothing too impressive. They did just rennovate the practice locker rooms...so those are pretty impressive on the inside as I understand it.

See, I would have said that all of EKU's football facilities are top notch with the exception of Roy Kidd itself, and then I'd only be referring to the stadium and not the field.

The turf practice field allows the team to practice in all conditions and the Presnell locker rooms have to be considered nice, if not excellent. The Moberly building has fantastic offices and meeting rooms with projection technology for team meetings as well as a large and impressive weight room and excellent equiptment and facilities for the sports medicine people including that submerged treadmill rehab thingie. The field itself is that soft/sandy natural grass.

The only thing lacking is the Roy Kidd Stadium locker rooms, luxury boxes, enough nice chair backed seats, good concessions, good media facilties, etc... basically all of the amenities attached to the aging Begley Building/Roy Kidd Stadium.

Freightliner
November 12th, 2007, 09:03 PM
I'd have to say at this point in time McNeese has some pretty poor facilities, but they just keep winning.

Now McNeese fans - before you start flaming me, stating "you dont know what youre talking about".....I've visited Cowboy Stadium/Fieldhouse since the late 80's and have seen the facilities up close and personal. (Thanks to Bernie "POP", Ronnie & Fred, and C.J. for the hospitality)

Course those poor facilities there are about to change for the better.