PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 10/12

Ivytalk
November 11th, 2007, 03:37 PM
The Ancient Eight close out another memorable year next week. Here are my fearless predictions for the last 4 games, before I spend most of the rest of the week hovering around bulldog10jw's Harvard-Yale thread:

Princeton at Dartmouth: the Buddys beat the Rogers in Hanover, 33-24. The Big Green will be tough next year if they can shore up the D.

Brown at Columbia: the Bears prevail, 34-20, in Craig Horsmann's last game at QB for the Lions. Maybe 1000 screaming fans show up.

Cornell at Penn: There was a time when this game meant something. What, that was 20 years ago? Whatever! Penn has forgotten how to score, so Cornell wins, 17-10.

Harvard at Yale: the road team has won 7 of the last 10 times in The Game. Siedlecki is only 1-4 against the Crimson in New Haven. Both defenses are playing well, and I'm feeling good about Harvard's chances. (I'm not a homer in this one: I picked Yale last year.) Call it 16-14 for the Crimson in a low-scoring affair before 65,000 fans.

bulldog10jw
November 11th, 2007, 04:44 PM
The Ancient Eight close out another memorable year next week. Here are my fearless predictions for the last 4 games, before I spend most of the rest of the week hovering around bulldog10jw's Harvard-Yale thread:

Princeton at Dartmouth: the Buddys beat the Rogers in Hanover, 33-24. The Big Green will be tough next year if they can shore up the D.

Brown at Columbia: the Bears prevail, 34-20, in Craig Horsmann's last game at QB for the Lions. Maybe 1000 screaming fans show up.

Cornell at Penn: There was a time when this game meant something. What, that was 20 years ago? Whatever! Penn has forgotten how to score, so Cornell wins, 17-10.

Harvard at Yale: the road team has won 7 of the last 10 times in The Game. Siedlecki is only 1-4 against the Crimson in New Haven. Both defenses are playing well, and I'm feeling good about Harvard's chances. (I'm not a homer in this one: I picked Yale last year.) Call it 16-14 for the Crimson in a low-scoring affair before 65,000 fans.

I'll take Dartmouth, Brown, and Cornell, also.

My head says Harvard has caught Yale, especially since Yale's offense is not what it was early in the year. However, Yale's defense is a big play defense. If they can force some turnovers and give the offense good field position, I think they can put up points. My biggest worry is being outcoached. Murphy has proven himself in big games, Jack has not. Last year was an abberation. This will be more like 2005. I just can't pick against a 9-0 Yale team. Yale 28-27

brownbear
November 11th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Princeton-Dartmouth - Princeton wins 35-24. Dartmouth has no defense at all.

Cornell-Penn - Cornell wins 17-10, Cornell's offense beats Penn's complete lack of one.

Harvard-Yale - Probably will be close, Yale 21-17

Game of the Week:

Brown at Columbia - Hopefully Brown won't lose to Columbia this year. Brown 42-21, Brown gets over 500 yards again.

YaleFootballFan
November 11th, 2007, 05:12 PM
If Yale's league leading defense can stop Harvard's potent offense, Yale wins. If Harvard can stop Yale's running game, the Crimson win.

Yale's offense was unstoppable in the first half of the season, but since the Lehigh game in Week 5, teams have figured Yale out: stop McLeod and you have a shot. I was very impressed with how Princeton kept Yale's offense in check last Saturday. If it wasn't for Princeton's offensive mistakes in the red zone, the outcome of that game might have been different.

Prediction? This one is just too tough to call, but if I had to make a prediction, I'd say Harvard 24-21. I've been totally impressed with how Harvard has been playing of late.

Ok Yale, prove me wrong!

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2007, 11:54 AM
bulldog, what is the Las Vegas line for this week's Ivy games? All the websites I've been on just cover the frickin' FBS.xmadx

bulldog10jw
November 16th, 2007, 12:51 PM
HARVARD +5 VS YALE

PRINCETON +4 VS DARTMOUTH

COLUMBIA +10.5 VS BROWN

CORNELL +4 VS PENN

IF I were a betting man I would take the points in all games except Brown-Columbia.

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2007, 01:25 PM
HARVARD +5 VS YALE

PRINCETON +4 VS DARTMOUTH

COLUMBIA +10.5 VS BROWN

CORNELL +4 VS PENN

IF I were a betting man I would take the points in all games except Brown-Columbia.

Thanks, bulldog. Having sneaked a peek at my picks in post #1, I agree with your assessment! :D (I'm thinking that the "vigorish" on Brown-Columbia will be pretty small.)

brownbear
November 16th, 2007, 02:35 PM
If we hadn't lost to Columbia last year, I would be betting a lot on Brown covering. Other than that, I agree with taking the points, as I picked in my picks before the spreads came out.