PDA

View Full Version : How Many CAA teams get in?

KAUMASS
November 11th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Looking through the threads, this topic has come up in all of them.

Regardless of the AQ, here are the teams that are in right now from the CAA: Delaware, UMass, Richmond.

If Hofstra and JMU win, they will be 8-3 with 8 D1 wins and GIP ranked in the top 20. I do not see any remaining teams out there that could bump Hofstra and JMU at 8-3.

That makes 5.

If: New Hamsphire gets to 7-4, and teams like EIU, E. Washington Georgia Southern fall next week,and I will mention Colgate as well, they could get in. That could make the CAA have 6. New Hampshire would have a better power rating than Colgate, or EIU or E. Washington at 8-3. E. Washington would have only 7 D1 wins as well. UNH has some quality wins this year as well over Delaware and Marshall.

Am I crazy or could they CAA have 6 if the cards fall right? Alot has to happen, but the potential is there. Amazing.

BlueHen86
November 11th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I think 4 get in.

UMass, Richmond - locks
Delaware - almost a lock
JMU OR Hofstra
UNH has a shot if both JMU and Hofstra lose. UNH has to win of course.

appfan2008
November 11th, 2007, 01:04 PM
4!

that is it... no more no less

Chi Panther
November 11th, 2007, 01:07 PM
4....less would probably get in, if you played everyone.....only knock on the conference....

EmeryZach
November 11th, 2007, 01:28 PM
4. UMass, Richmond, Del., and JMU

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 11th, 2007, 01:30 PM
4. UMass, Richmond, Del., and JMU

JMU over Towson......................would have to agree with the above statement.xthumbsupx

JmuSkinsfan
November 11th, 2007, 01:49 PM
UMass, Delaware, Richmond, JMU

Umass (9-2) beats Hofstra next week
Richmond (9-2) beats W&M next week
Delaware (8-3) loses to Villanova but still gets in
JMU (8-3) beats Towson next week

Bubble:

Hofstra (7-4) will lose to Umass next week
UNH (7-4) will beat Maine

Final CAA standings..

North:
Umass: 9-2 (7-1)
UNH: 7-4 (4-4)
Hofstra: 7-4 (4-4)
N'Eastern: 4-7 (3-5)
Maine: 4-7 (3-5)
URI: 2-9 (1-7)

South:
Richmond: 9-2 (7-1)
JMU: 8-3 (6-2)
Delaware: 8-3 (5-3)
Villanova: 7-4 (5-3)
W&M: 4-7 (2-6)
Towson: 3-8 (1-7)

OldTiredGriz
November 11th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I think 4 get in - UMASS, Richmond, JMU and Delaware - but if Hofstra upends UMASS, there will be a strong argument for 5.

JohnStOnge
November 11th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Five is a possibility. I think four is the most probable. If JMU beats Towson and Hofstra beats UMass, I think it could be five. But I don't think Hofstra's going to beat UMass.

I don't think a 7-4 CAA team gets in this year. I think the commitee would invite a 9-2 Alabama A&M team...maybe even an 8-3 Alabama A&M team...or an 8-3 Eastern Illinois team...that type of thing...over a 7-4 team from a league that's already got four berths. I'm not saying it's fair....I'm just saying I think that's the way it'll work.

All you have to do is look at what happened to Wofford a few years back with a 3 loss team even though one of the losses was to Maryland. Whatever the process is, that convinced me that there's a limit to how many teams they're going to let in from one conference unless there are just no eligible <4 loss teams to go to from conferences other than the Northeast, Metro Atlantic, or Pioneer. And I wouldn't shocked to see them take a 10-1 Dayton or 10-1 San Diego team (having beaten UC Davis) before they take a 7-4 squad that's going to be the sixth from the same league.

App State and Southern Illinois are going to be in. That only leaves six at large berths. They're going to be able to find at least one <4 loss squad they can feel comfortable in putting in over a 7-4.

McNeese_beat
November 11th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Looking through the threads, this topic has come up in all of them.

Regardless of the AQ, here are the teams that are in right now from the CAA: Delaware, UMass, Richmond.

If Hofstra and JMU win, they will be 8-3 with 8 D1 wins and GIP ranked in the top 20. I do not see any remaining teams out there that could bump Hofstra and JMU at 8-3.

That makes 5.

If: New Hamsphire gets to 7-4, and teams like EIU, E. Washington Georgia Southern fall next week,and I will mention Colgate as well, they could get in. That could make the CAA have 6. New Hampshire would have a better power rating than Colgate, or EIU or E. Washington at 8-3. E. Washington would have only 7 D1 wins as well. UNH has some quality wins this year as well over Delaware and Marshall.

Am I crazy or could they CAA have 6 if the cards fall right? Alot has to happen, but the potential is there. Amazing.

There's no way that a 7-4 CAA team gets in as the sixth team out of a conference. No way. Eastern Illinois will get in. Maybe even Alabama A&M. But if you are 7-4 and are fifth and sixth in our conference, you ain't getting in.

th0m
November 11th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking four. Probably a bit of a homer sentiment, but I'd pick an 8-3 JMU team over an 8-3 Hofstra team. Fact is the CAA South was tougher this year than the North, and we had an FBS team on our schedule as well whereas Hoffy did not. Granted, the Furman win that at the beginning of the season looked impressive, then lost some of its luster which is now gaining some of its worth again.

BDKJMU
November 11th, 2007, 03:15 PM
UMass, Delaware, Richmond, JMU

Umass (9-2) beats Hofstra next week
Richmond (9-2) beats W&M next week
Delaware (8-3) loses to Villanova but still gets in
JMU (8-3) beats Towson next week

Bubble:

Hofstra (7-4) will lose to Umass next week
UNH (7-4) will beat Maine

Final CAA standings..

North:
Umass: 9-2 (7-1)
UNH: 7-4 (4-4)
Hofstra: 7-4 (4-4)
N'Eastern: 4-7 (3-5)
Maine: 4-7 (3-5)
URI: 2-9 (1-7)

South:
Richmond: 9-2 (7-1)
JMU: 8-3 (6-2)
Delaware: 8-3 (5-3)
Villanova: 7-4 (5-3)
W&M: 4-7 (2-6)
Towson: 3-8 (1-7)

As much as I would like to see it, UD ain't losing to Nova.