PDA

View Full Version : Question for Montana fans.

ERASU2113
November 11th, 2007, 12:19 PM
What needs to happen for a ASU/Montana home and away series?

Would be awesome. People around here want it and I would assume ya'll want it too. It needs to happen ;).

Right?

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2007, 12:21 PM
There are a lot of mathcups we would like to see. Normally the driving factors to them not happening are fear and money.

ERASU2113
November 11th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Yea I know. It's just one of the many matchups that I would want to see happen. Probably never will....but would be nice

FCS Go!
November 11th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately it seems that App St would have to agree to lose money on both ends of the trip. Pay Montana FBS-size money in boone and get paid like S. Utah to come out. Maybe things will be different now that the athletic dept deficit is gone but I have my doubts. :(

ERASU2113
November 11th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Most likely a meeting in the playoffs is the only way it would happen

SeattleGriz
November 11th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Finances.

I think with App drawing 28K for the games, they have quickly realized football doesn't have to be a money losing endeavor and can sympathize with Montana.

Look at our two schools, both are in smaller metro areas that are most likely serviced by small airports - just plain hard, and expensive to get out and meet up.

RE/MAXGriz
November 11th, 2007, 01:00 PM
I think this will happen sooner than many think, probably within the next 2-5 years. While there is always a chance we could meet in the playoffs, the potential for a home and home becomes much more possible after 2008.

Our $1,000,000 debt will be gone (I believe) in the spring of 2008, so the 2009 and on scheduling will not be solely based on the the best payout possible. I know that next year we start a home and home agreement with Cal Davis and I'd be willing to bet that if App is willing to come to Montana in 2009 or 2010 we'll return the favor the following year.

I know our AD is open to it, just as App's is - and now that we're not handcuffed by our budget it's probably a strong possibility that it can happen.

Before our budget crisis we played home and home games with Hofstra and Maine - so this team is not afraid to travel east, they just need to get through this next year first then it's golden.

appfan2008
November 11th, 2007, 01:03 PM
this series has been talked about for years... i am pretty doubtful it will ever happen

RE/MAXGriz
November 11th, 2007, 01:07 PM
this series has been talked about for years... i am pretty doubtful it will ever happen

I have faith it will, there's a lot of growing pressure on the AD here in Missoula to schedule quality FCS opponents now that our debt is paid off. App St is on top of that list right now of teams we want to see in Missoula.

SeattleGriz
November 11th, 2007, 01:07 PM

Not to sound all snooty, but did App draw enough fans in the past to even pay out a decent amount?

With App drawing 28K, they now have enough butts in the seats to make sure it won't be a money loser for Montana to come to Boone, and vice versa.

ERASU2113
November 11th, 2007, 01:14 PM
During 2005 and on, regardless of who we played the place was packed.

Before then it really determined on who we were playing, like Furman would make it a sellout and Western would too. However, if Chatty, The Cit or a smaller school came in, it wasn't the same story. We still had decent size crowds but nothing compares to the past 2-3 years now.

Even before the championships, playing Montana would have caused the place to sell out fast. Now, Kidd Brewer would be like it was after Michigan, but worse. There were 300-400 people sitting on the hill or outsite the fence watching the game against Lenior-Rhyne. Against you guys, Boone would go crazy. Most likely 30k+ if it were to happen, especially now.

grizzpaw
November 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
its not the amount of fans in the seats maybe paying more per ticket would help?xpeacex

Grizzaholic
November 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I think this will happen sooner than many think, probably within the next 2-5 years. While there is always a chance we could meet in the playoffs, the potential for a home and home becomes much more possible after 2008.

Our $1,000,000 debt will be gone (I believe) in the spring of 2008, so the 2009 and on scheduling will not be solely based on the the best payout possible. I know that next year we start a home and home agreement with Cal Davis and I'd be willing to bet that if App is willing to come to Montana in 2009 or 2010 we'll return the favor the following year.

I know our AD is open to it, just as App's is - and now that we're not handcuffed by our budget it's probably a strong possibility that it can happen.

Before our budget crisis we played home and home games with Hofstra and Maine - so this team is not afraid to travel east, they just need to get through this next year first then it's golden.

I thought it was gone at the start of this season.

placidlakegriz
November 12th, 2007, 12:33 PM

I am sure I read somewhere the debt is RETIRED.

GreatAppSt
November 12th, 2007, 12:37 PM
make sure UM came to Boone first!xthumbsupx

Cleets
November 12th, 2007, 12:37 PM
as an "outsider" ...
I see no advantage for either team playing each other during the regular season..?

xeyebrowx

grizbeer
November 12th, 2007, 12:44 PM
What needs to happen for a ASU/Montana home and away series?

Would be awesome. People around here want it and I would assume ya'll want it too. It needs to happen ;).

Right?ASU would need to drop down to D-II or non-scholly for Montana to schedule them.:D :D

MSU_77
November 12th, 2007, 12:46 PM
McNeese had a home-and-home series with GSU (and won both games xsmiley_wix ). It'd be great to schedule another with them, and with a Gateway and Big Sky opponent.

The Moody1
November 12th, 2007, 12:47 PM
its not the amount of fans in the seats maybe paying more per ticket would help?xpeacex

What are ticket prices for Montana? At ASU all tickets are the same price depending on the game. Either $20.00 or $25.00. We will be seeing prices go up for next year.

grizbeer
November 12th, 2007, 12:49 PM
What are ticket prices for Montana? At ASU all tickets are the same price depending on the game. Either $20.00 or $25.00. We will be seeing prices go up for next year.$190 for season tickets (7 games) - I think it was $25 for all but homecoming, which was ($40)

putter
November 12th, 2007, 01:02 PM
What are ticket prices for Montana? At ASU all tickets are the same price depending on the game. Either $20.00 or $25.00. We will be seeing prices go up for next year.

We paid $25, even for powerhouse Ft Lewis. My guess is to get the App game done they would charge Griz/Cat game prices, $45/ticket

APPSTER
November 12th, 2007, 01:09 PM
ASU would need to drop down to D-II or non-scholly for Montana to schedule them.:D :D

How about Fort Appalachian ?

Mountaineer#96
November 12th, 2007, 02:00 PM

I kinda like the ring to that......

AZJack
November 12th, 2007, 02:14 PM
McNeese already has a home and home with a Gateway opponent. SDSU beat them down there last year and McNeese is coming up to Brookings next season.

proasu89
November 12th, 2007, 02:37 PM

Fort Rock

alexale23
November 12th, 2007, 02:49 PM
WHy does Montana have players that have felony arrests?