PDA

View Full Version : NFL Prospects at your school

rancher griz
November 10th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Curious to see what players on FCS teams will have a chance to play at the next level.

Some seniors at Montana with a chance:

Lex Hilliard: This year has hurt his stock. He has been hurt and hasen't shown the explosiveness of past years. I see him being drafted in the late rounds of the draft if he has a good combine. Could see him being a Brandon Jacobs type player or a full back at the next level.

Kroy Bierman: The best player on our team. Very explosive and freakishly strong. Has good speed and quickness with a good motor. Does not have the size to play end in the NFL. Could develop into an OLB in a 3-4. Has a chance of getting drafted but more likely to be a free agent. I like his chances of making it though.

Cody Balough: He is enourmous and strong. For those reasons he will get a chance. Does not have quick enough feet to block NFL calibre DE's. IMO, will likely be a Free Agent pick up with hopes to make a practice squad. Who knows though, he could surprise me.

Dan Carpenter: Maybe the best kicker in the country at any level. Very efficient with strong leg to kick 45+ yarders consistantly. Also good touchback ability. Probably has the best chance of making a long career in the league.

Tyson Johnson: His punting average is at an NFL level. It's hard to say if he'll be given a chance. Not to many jobs available out there for punters. Only one per team.

Chi Panther
November 10th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Should be a lock

http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102307aaa.html

http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rinehart_chad00.html

bodoyle
November 10th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Mike Tolbert FB/RB 5'11" 245
Jerome Simpson WR 6'2" 185 45" verticle. Predicted 2nd round pick
Adrian Grady DL 6'5" 260

OLPOP
November 10th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Fordham punter Ben Dato is a real prospect. I think he's #1 or 2 in the nation. Don't have his stats handy, but he's the real deal.

DSUHornet
November 10th, 2007, 09:54 PM
The only people scouts come to see at our school are:

Shaheer McBride - WR/Returner - Projected 7th Round Pick

Russell Reeves - MLB - Projected 7th Round Pick

Kelly Rouse - DE - Scout attention

Jeremy Breathe - G - Scout attention

DSUHornet
November 10th, 2007, 09:55 PM
the scouts dont come to see him, but i think they are impressed with our kicker - peter gaertner as well.

Hansel
November 10th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Our punter is going to the league

but he doesn't get used often ;)

rmutv
November 10th, 2007, 10:35 PM
At best, there are four prospects from Robert Morris:

DB Mike Niklos, LB Chad Wengert, C John Steilner, and WR/KR Mario Hines. Out of those four, Hines has the best chance, as he's been invited to a handful of all-star games. The rest have a lot of work to do, but even Hines needs to really impress scouts to overlook his smaller stature (5'11, 175).

DSUHornet
November 10th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I'm a reciever type of guy (perhaps because thats what i play), and the only two recievers i see that are sure shots are McBride and Simpson(CC) the other prospects have too big of a downside or some type of baggage like being injury prone

Weems
November 11th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Donald Chapman #1. This guy is a true Workhorse.

Chapman becomes the 14th player ever in college football to rush for 1,000 yards in four consecutive seasons. Chapman is UT Martin's all-time leading rusher and he will enter the last game of the season against Tennessee State with 4,914 career rushing yards. He is second in the nation among active players for career rushing yards.

Among the 13 other players to rush for 1,000 yards in four consecutive seasons are Tony Dorsett, Ron Dayne, Adrian Peterson (Georgia Southern) and Scott Phaydavong (currently playing his senior season at Drake).

jmc_jackrabbit
November 11th, 2007, 08:24 AM
From South Dakota State:

Parker Douglass, Place Kicker, broke all of Adam Vinatieri's SDSU school records.

Mitch Erickson, 6'6" 290, Offensive Guard

Chris Wagner, 6'6", 260, Tight End

Those three positions have been well-represented in the NFL by SDSU players. Vinatieri, the future Hall of Famer, Adam Timmerman (started at guard on three Super Bowl teams for Green Bay and St. Louis, winning two rings); Tight end Steve Heiden, eight-year vet with the Cleveland Browns, just signed a four-year contract extension.

ncman071
November 11th, 2007, 08:28 AM
From ASU:
Kevin Richardson should get into a camp
Cory Lynch has a shot
Kerry Brown will probably get drafted
eventually Armante Edwards has a shot in couple years at least as an athlete

SuperJon
November 11th, 2007, 08:34 AM
We have Seven prospects. Five were invited to play in one of the senior bowl games. Four of them could and should be drafted.

Stephen Sene - OL
Eddie Pinigis - OL
Marshal Ausberry - OL
Wynton Jackson - WR/KR
Vince Redd - OLB/DE/TE
Stevie Ray Lloyd - LB/Special Teams
Chris Stokes - FB

Panthers_Blue
November 11th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Eastern Illinois

Micah Rucker 6'6 220 WR (hands the size watermelons)

Tim Kelly 6'4 277 DT (motor that never stops)

Anthony Rubican 6'6 289 OT (Wall)

813Jag
November 11th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Safety Jermaul George
DT Isiah Thomas (Didn't play this season)
WR Gerard Landry

USDFAN_55
November 11th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Josh Johnson (6'3" 200lbs) @ QB is almost certain to get a shot at the next level (may even be drafted in round 3 or 4)

The other guy at San Diego is Erik Bahktiari (6'4" 260lbs). A DE that leads the FCS in Sacks at 18.5, plus he is in the top 5 for TFL.

rancher griz
November 11th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I'm surprised to see how many kickers and punters are being mentioned. The fact that there is only a job for 1 punter and usually 1 kicker per team lets you know how tough it is to make it at that position.

R.A.
November 11th, 2007, 08:32 PM
All American Rudolph Hardie, Defensive End.

HenHouse1
November 11th, 2007, 08:40 PM
At Delaware we have Joe Flacco who is ranked fifth among senior quarterbacks in all divisions by Mel Kiper. He will be a first day draft pick. Omar Cuff will definitely get a chance in a camp, but I don't know if he will be drafted, it will be up to his combine.

Seahawks Fan
November 12th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Piotr Czech booted a 56 year FG against St. Francis Pa on Saturday. His previous longest was 54 yards (twice). He is a legitimate NFL prospect. xthumbsupx

PaladinFan
November 12th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Furman's Jerome Felton is projected as the #2 college fullback in the country behind LSU's Hester.

Now, I don't know where that leaves him in terms of a draft. He's 245 lbs, can block, run, and catch. Bout what they are looking for.

BisonBacker
November 12th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Mike Dragosivich - Punter
Joe Mays - Linebacker

I'd say these are the two with the best shots at the NFL (Drago for sure). We have some Offensive Lineman that will get some looks and there has been talk about Steve Walker our QB but the thing about him is his best quality doesn't show up in Stats. He's a gamer and a winner, how far that will take him is yet to be seen. His drawbacks are he's not as mobile of a QB as the scouts like to see and he's not as tall as they like to see em in the NFL.

Tribe4SF
November 12th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Guys getting attention from the Tribe include...

TE Drew Atchison...6'7" 255
OT Brent Cochran...6'5" 306

It won't surprise me if QB Mike Potts gets a shot. Though he hasn't been the starter this year, he has the size (6'4" 222) and arm strength the NFL likes to give a try.

THE HERD
November 12th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I'm surprised to see how many kickers and punters are being mentioned. The fact that there is only a job for 1 punter and usually 1 kicker per team lets you know how tough it is to make it at that position.NDSU's punter Mike Dragosovich was ranked the number two punter in the country by ESPN's Mel Kiper. He will be in the league and will most likely be drafted fourth round on. Other Bison players who have a shot are Nate Safe, O-lineman, Joe Mays LB, Steve Walker QB.

MSUBear42
November 12th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Bears senior linebacker Jeron Poole has been invited to play for Texas in the Texas vs. The Nation Senior Bowl, to be played on Feb. 2 at the Sun Bowl Stadium in El Paso, Texas. You have to be top 15 in your position to be invited.

Our RB Gerald Davis set a school record for 19 rushing TDs this season and should be invited to a senior bowl.

Our Punter has had 3 75+ yard punts this year, but he's been pretty inconsistent.

Gucci
November 20th, 2007, 04:03 PM
There's an article on Yahoo showing the top 100 top NFL draft prospects:
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=719772

It'd be great if there was a separate listing for the top FCS prospects!:D

Houndawg
November 20th, 2007, 04:19 PM
QB Nick Hill, 6' 3", 210. Strong arm, smart, excellent athlete who went to WKU on a basketball scholarship and has only played two years plus red shirt of football. Looks to me every bit as good as Romo was in college. Great under pressure, came back in the 4th qtr. to beat YSU, WIU, and NIU (from 3 TD down). If you have the ball on your 20 and need to drive the field with 1:00 left, he's your guy.

ncbears
November 20th, 2007, 04:21 PM
UNC's Andy Birkel was a prospect before hurting his knee a couple years ago. He wasn't the same after. Maybe a rookie free-agent at best.

mcveyrl
November 20th, 2007, 04:25 PM
At Delaware we have Joe Flacco who is ranked fifth among senior quarterbacks in all divisions by Mel Kiper. He will be a first day draft pick. Omar Cuff will definitely get a chance in a camp, but I don't know if he will be drafted, it will be up to his combine.

I think Cuff will be drafted late (if for no other reason than the Brian Westbrook comparisons - who I think he, at this point in both their careers, is better than.)

For JMU probably just safety Tony Lezotte.

MAYBE John Baranowsky on the DL

skinny_uncle
November 20th, 2007, 04:28 PM
QB Nick Hill, 6' 3", 210. Strong arm, smart, excellent athlete who went to WKU on a basketball scholarship and has only played two years plus red shirt of football. Looks to me every bit as good as Romo was in college. Great under pressure, came back in the 4th qtr. to beat YSU, WIU, and NIU (from 3 TD down). If you have the ball on your 20 and need to drive the field with 1:00 left, he's your guy.
I saw where Hill was projected as a fifth round pick on one website.

MSU_77
November 20th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Just the seniors:

Bryan Smith - DE

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2208/2050421885_1b7188e066_m.jpg

Quinten Lawrence - WR

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2293/2051304378_6ae70ab863_m.jpg

Trey Bennett - LB, and probably one or two others. Other McNeese fans can add more info.

bench
November 20th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Armanti's the better college QB, but I think Trey Elder is capable of becoming a pro passer. Not that he's on the same level, but he reminds me of Romo, another small school guy who throws a nice ball and has enough mobility to avoid sacks. He's got a great attitude, too. I doubt he'll get drafted, but if you're the Panthers and you can pick him up as an undrafted free agent for next to nothing, why wouldn't you?

SunCoastBlueHen
November 20th, 2007, 04:37 PM

Joe may have gone from a first day pick to a FA after the 'Nova game. xnonono2x

Appaholic
November 20th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Armanti's the better college QB, but I think Trey Elder is capable of becoming a pro passer. Not that he's on the same level, but he reminds me of Romo, another small school guy who throws a nice ball and has enough mobility to avoid sacks. He's got a great attitude, too. I doubt he'll get drafted, but if you're the Panthers and you can pick him up as an undrafted free agent for next to nothing, why wouldn't you?

Yeah, don't know about Elder, but there isn't much call for 6'0", 160lb (soaking wet) QB/athlete in the NFL. Armanti is awesome and fearless, but how durable is he where the game is so much faster and bigger.....was out how many weeks after the Michigan game.....not a knock on him, just his size....he plays bigger and would want no one else leading my team...

charliej
November 20th, 2007, 05:01 PM
This years class has one that I could say might have a shot..TE Matt Sherry.

GSUhooligan
November 20th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Jayson Foster may have a shot as a returner or a 4/5 receiver. His size will probably be the thing that holds him back, but I'm not sure that there's anyone else in the FCS that has taken as many hits, bounced back up and stayed injury-free this year. I don't think he'll get drafted, but I'd bet he'd get a shot at a couple of camps, then who knows.

BEAR
November 20th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Out of UCA this year:

CB: Tristan Jackson- 5-foot-9, 192-pounder from Beaumont, Miss., is the top punt returner in the Southland Conference this season, averaging 22.8 yards per return. Jackson has returned two punts for touchdowns this season, including a 69-yarder in last week's win over Stephen F. Austin.

13 James Paul PK/P 6-2 200 Sr. Dead on with XPoints. The four or so he missed have been bad snaps or bad holds. Pretty good on FGs and last year had punts of 81 and 78 yards and in 2006 had 18 touchbacks.

Both are solid players and will make special teams in the NFL. But as everyone here seems to have a pretty good kicking game player, I imagine the competition will be solid! xthumbsupx

charliej
November 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I gotta think UR's Tim Hightower will see a camp somewhere.

Cleets
November 20th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Furman's Jerome Felton is projected as the #2 college fullback in the country behind LSU's Hester.

Now, I don't know where that leaves him in terms of a draft. He's 245 lbs, can block, run, and catch. Bout what they are looking for.

Felton will go first among FCS prospects to the NFL... maybe early 2nd round

his competition:
1. Owen Schmitt, West Virginia
2. Jacob Hester, LSU
3. Peyton Hillis, Arkansas
4. Jerome Felton, Furman
5. Michael Pitre, UCLA

Cleets
November 20th, 2007, 07:19 PM
My prediction on the only FCS (or lower) players to get drafted while anybody is still paying attention:

Ranked 4th in the country = Full Back: Jerome Felton, Furman
~ Big and Fast, they like his Low pad level and fearlessness, Fullbacks with lots of carries and open field moves tend to fumble, Felton does not fumble

Ranked 4th in the country = Tight End: Mike Peterson, Northwest Missouri State NCAA DIV II
~Tall with great top speed, great hands, his blocking has kept him from being ranked even higher

Ranked # 1 in the country = Punter Mike Dragosavich, North Dakota State
~Crazy leg strength, can kick the ball 70 yrds on the fly, good short range touch for inside the twenty requirements, consensus best of class ranking

Ranked 4th in the country = Punter Benjamin Dato, Fordham
~Lacks quick delivery and total open field distance, other than that he's almost perfect

Ranked 3rd in the country = Kicker Dan Carpenter, Montana
~Can routinely hit from 45 on grass and outside, has hit 51 and 53 in pressure situations

.................................................. ........................................
Many Wide outs will get invited to camps but most teams won't burn draft choices for an FCS wide-out very often - as well as Linemen and Line Backers...

Lot's of guys will get invites (don't hate me) but not many will get Drafted

ASUMountaineer
November 20th, 2007, 07:51 PM
KRich may get into camp, he's low to the ground like Emmitt Smith.
Corey Lynch may get a shot on special teams, but I think he's too small to play safety.
Julian Rauch (if he would kick the ball higher) would have a shot, lot of leg strength.

Four years out (he's been redshirted):
Brian Quick, he has the size and body of Calvin Johnson (hopefully he won't drop many passes like he did at Michigan--but, first collegiate game, it's to be expected)

BEAR
November 20th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Felton will go first among FCS prospects to the NFL... maybe early 2nd round

his competition:
1. Owen Schmitt, West Virginia
2. Jacob Hester, LSU
3. Peyton Hillis, Arkansas
4. Jerome Felton, Furman
5. Michael Pitre, UCLA

Ever seen a dude pull a car around the neighborhood? While he was still in high school? Suffer a broken vertabrae and still play a couple of games later. He will be the highest pick in the draft for his position. He's rare and really really old school. NFL scouts love that about him. Sorry about making this an FBS thing, but he lives in Conway and I know his family pretty well. He is a man. xbowx

MSULB#47
November 26th, 2007, 01:19 PM
hmmm......interesting ONLY 5 FCS players get drafted....

Realistically speaking it doesnt matter whether your drafted 1,2,3,4,5,6...rounds....supplemental, free agent, CFL, AFL, FCS, D1, D2, D3, High School....

You still have to get the attention of the NFL GM's and Scouts, get in camp and make the team.....

Slackjaw
November 26th, 2007, 01:59 PM
If you think Felton will go day one you're crazy. There is no way 4 FB's get drafted in day 1. I would be interested in an average of how many FB's even get drafted every year. My guess would be 10 total, if that.

Slackjaw
November 26th, 2007, 02:02 PM
6 FB's taken last year.

1 in the 2nd Round --- Brian Leonard (not the typical FB)
1 in the 4th
the rest in 6th & 7th

majorbta
November 26th, 2007, 02:26 PM
KRich may get into camp, he's low to the ground like Emmitt Smith.
Corey Lynch may get a shot on special teams, but I think he's too small to play safety.
Julian Rauch (if he would kick the ball higher) would have a shot, lot of leg strength.

Four years out (he's been redshirted):
Brian Quick, he has the size and body of Calvin Johnson (hopefully he won't drop many passes like he did at Michigan--but, first collegiate game, it's to be expected)

Kerry Brown is ASU's best NFL prospect. He is going to surprise some people in the draft, I bet he goes in late round 4 or 5.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/nfldraft/rankedOG.cfm

R.A.
November 26th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Ever seen a dude pull a car around the neighborhood? While he was still in high school? Suffer a broken vertabrae and still play a couple of games later. He will be the highest pick in the draft for his position. He's rare and really really old school. NFL scouts love that about him. Sorry about making this an FBS thing, but he lives in Conway and I know his family pretty well. He is a man. xbowx

He sure looked that way versus LSU... he's one you don't want to tackle.

UNHFan99
November 26th, 2007, 04:45 PM
On average only one kicker makes it as a rookie per year. This year there are two starting. Last year Gostkowski was the only one. Every team brings guys into camp but mainly to just help the starter save his leg for the season. The average starting kicker lasts 10 years in the league. Other position players last about 2.5 years on average. There just arent enough jobs for the top kickers comming out.

All these kickers are good, but you really have to be in camp with the right team at the right time to make it.

ERASU2113
November 26th, 2007, 04:59 PM
OL: Kerry Brown
WR: Dexter Jackson......he's speedy. Timed at with a 4.28 40. Giants were at the Chatty game looking at him I think.

Too bad he's not a big part of the offense....and not having problems holding onto the ball on punts