PDA

View Full Version : McNeese sloppy so far

JohnStOnge
November 10th, 2007, 07:35 PM
So far McNeese has had a guy fumble for a touchback as he was going in for a TD and drop a pass that would've been a first down on the NW State 11. Then missed the field goal. Still 0-0. Fortunately, after they fumbled in their own territory NW State fumbled it back. But they should be up right now and they're keeping NW State in the game.

NSUDemon98
November 10th, 2007, 07:41 PM
So far McNeese has had a guy fumble for a touchback as he was going in for a TD and drop a pass that would've been a first down on the NW State 11. Then missed the field goal. Still 0-0. Fortunately, after they fumbled in their own territory NW State fumbled it back. But they should be up right now and they're keeping NW State in the game.

That first fumble was a strip...give credit where credit is due.

Right now the NSU running game is stomping your boys in the turf...where is the excuse for that?

McNeese may still end up winning but at least I know you're sweating xsmiley_wix

Northwestern State - 7
McNeese - 0

FCSFAN
November 10th, 2007, 07:44 PM

Right now the NSU running game is stomping your boys in the turf...where is the excuse for that?

McNeese may still end up winning but at least I know you're sweating xsmiley_wix

Northwestern State - 7
McNeese - 0
Smack ------------------------>

Peems
November 10th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Smack ------------------------>

That's not smack just the facts...

NSUDemon98
November 10th, 2007, 07:47 PM
That's not smack just the facts...

Exactly.

The first fumble was a strip. The 2nd fumble I am not sure.

We also fumbled the ball due to the QB not putting the ball in the bread basket.

JMU Duke Dog
November 10th, 2007, 07:47 PM
If McNeese State loses tonight, then look for Montana to definitely get the #2 seed in the playoffs. xnodx

NSUDemon98
November 10th, 2007, 07:50 PM
If McNeese State loses tonight, then look for Montana to definitely get the #2 seed in the playoffs. xnodx

Well, sadly for NSU, even if we win this game and our season finale next weekend against SFA we still won't have a winning season. xbawlingx

I guess the only good thing that we can look forward to if we win this game would be ruining McNeese's party and seeding for the playoffs.

NSUDemon98
November 10th, 2007, 07:55 PM

Northwestern State - 7
McNeese - 0

McNeese puts together a good drive and ties the game just inside the 2nd quarter.

NSU - 7 MSU - 7

McNeese_beat
November 10th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Exactly.

The first fumble was a strip. The 2nd fumble I am not sure.

We also fumbled the ball due to the QB not putting the ball in the bread basket.

I thought that was all RB...

DuckDuckGriz
November 10th, 2007, 08:09 PM

We still have a little test in Bozeman next week called the Brawl of the Wild and we lost our top WR today.

But I am hoping for that scenario.

NSUDemon98
November 10th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I thought that was all RB...

Not sure.

McNeese gives themself the short field witha good return on the punt and goes the short field to go up 14-7 mid way through the 2nd.

placidlakegriz
November 10th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Whats the score and how much time left?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 10th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Is this a rivalry game?

NSUDemon98
November 10th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Is this a rivalry game?

Yes....however this year and for the past 3 yrs it has diminished b/c NSU has not been very good and there has been really nothing to play for.

McNeese-14
NSU-7

Nearing halftime.

FormerPokeCenter
November 10th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Is this a rivalry game?

Oh yeah....We get everybody in the SLC's best game, but the series with Northwestern is extra special. This is normally the game that decides the conference championship....

We hate them worse than anybody else this week and they hate us worse than anybody else this week. The relationship is pretty incestuous, though. Their head coach and several assistants were on our staff, and several of our assistants were on their staff..

This is really and truly our only rivalry...

We used to have a rivalry with Louisiana-Lafayette, but they moved up to 1-A, and quit playing us because they got tired of getting the dog snot beaten out of them.

They figured after 21 years it was safe to schedule us again. Nothing's changed. We still beat the dog snot out of them.

But, with Northwestern, they generally give as good as they get....

McCowboyFan
November 10th, 2007, 09:07 PM

Not gonna happen... even not playing our best ball (penalties), it'll be a win for the Cowboys... so far, 21-7, NSU went for it on 4th no go!

GEAUX POKES!!!

JohnStOnge
November 10th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Is this a rivalry game?

The other thing is that NWState's head coach used to be defensive coordinator at McNeese when current McNeese head coach Matt Viator was offensive coordinator. He knows what they do.

JohnStOnge
November 10th, 2007, 10:03 PM
This is excruciating. Even when McNeese does something good...like Pendland's long TD run just now...they do something bad...like missing the extra point. This is really ugly.

McCowboyFan
November 10th, 2007, 10:18 PM
This is excruciating. Even when McNeese does something good...like Pendland's long TD run just now...they do something bad...like missing the extra point. This is really ugly.

Agreed. Especially with the fluke TD... but, ya got to have faith, brother!

JohnStOnge
November 10th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Well, Northwestern State totally outplayed McNeese in the second half with a true freshman quarterback who'd never played before. That was awful. But I guess the team you're pulling for winning when it plays terribly is better than losing.

MAN, that was ugly.

McCowboyFan
November 10th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Ballgame. Ugly, but it's a W.

igo4uni
November 10th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Ballgame. Ugly, but it's a W.

final score??

JohnStOnge
November 10th, 2007, 10:22 PM
No more saying McNeese hasn't been challenged though. Another thing is that Northwestern State exploited what I think has been a McNeese weakness all year: People can run the ball on them.

JohnStOnge
November 10th, 2007, 10:23 PM
final score??

27-21.

I was really starting to feel like this was meant to be a NW State upset. From the McNeese guy fumbling the ball when he was about to go into the end zone, to McNeese missing the extra point after going up 27-14, to Northwestern State fumbling the ball at about McNeese's 20 yard line and having it end up in the end zone for a NW State TD to bring the score to 27-21 with over three minutes left.

On that last one a McNeese guy tried to pick the ball up instead of just falling on it and ended up knocking it into the end zone where a Northwestern State guy recovered it for a TD.

JohnStOnge
November 10th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I also hope McNeese didn't lose its fastest receiver to "friendly fire." They did a little bubble screen to him. An offensive lineman first blocked a defender in the back then continued on to fall against the receiver's leg and wrench it. Don't know how bad it is.

MSU_77
November 10th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I also hope McNeese didn't lose its fastest receiver to "friendly fire." They did a little bubble screen to him. An offensive lineman first blocked a defender in the back then continued on to fall against the receiver's leg and wrench it. Don't know how bad it is.

Bryan Smith is injured as well and didn't play in the 2nd half. Don't know how bad.

BEAR
November 10th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I can't wait for the game next week. Any major injuries to McNeese that might give us a chance..? xlolx We looked decent tonight, but disjointed...must be the hangover from SDSU. xcoolx

MSU_77
November 10th, 2007, 11:06 PM
I can't wait for the game next week. Any major injuries to McNeese that might give us a chance..? xlolx We looked decent tonight, but disjointed...must be the hangover from SDSU. xcoolx

It's not generally considered to be real classy to wish for major injuries for your rivals. xnonox Lawrence and Smith are two of our best players, and if they can't go next week, it will definitely be to UCA's advantage.

BEAR
November 10th, 2007, 11:11 PM
It's not generally considered to be real classy to wish for major injuries for your rivals. xnonox Lawrence and Smith are two of our best players, and if they can't go next week, it will definitely be to UCA's advantage.

Not wishing injuries on players..just wanting to know if there were any and being humorous in the attempt to find out..xrulesx What positions do they play? ....and just in case you aren't sure I'm being classy...will they be ok and I hope it's not any kind of major injury...xthumbsupx xnodx

MSU_77
November 10th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Not wishing injuries on players..just wanting to know if there were any and being humorous in the attempt to find out..xrulesx What positions do they play? ....and just in case you aren't sure I'm being classy...will they be ok and I hope it's not any kind of major injury...xthumbsupx xnodx

Bryan Smith is our senior All-American DE, Buchanan Award finalist, and one of the nation's leaders in sacks and tackles for loss. Quinten Lawrence is a senior All-Conference WR and our fastest receiver with several long TD catches this year. There's no word yet on the extent of their injuries.

Dallas Demon
November 11th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Oh yeah....We get everybody in the SLC's best game, but the series with Northwestern is extra special. This is normally the game that decides the conference championship....

We hate them worse than anybody else this week and they hate us worse than anybody else this week. The relationship is pretty incestuous, though. Their head coach and several assistants were on our staff, and several of our assistants were on their staff..

This is really and truly our only rivalry...

We used to have a rivalry with Louisiana-Lafayette, but they moved up to 1-A, and quit playing us because they got tired of getting the dog snot beaten out of them.

They figured after 21 years it was safe to schedule us again. Nothing's changed. We still beat the dog snot out of them.

But, with Northwestern, they generally give as good as they get....

Yes, this is our big game and usually it is for all the marbles, although we haven't held up our end of the bargain for the last 3 seasons. But the games have been incredibly good regardless. Our big rivalry used to be Louisiana Tech (hate is too soft a term), however McNeese is absolutely our main rival now and has been for some time.

GeauxLions94
November 11th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Yes, this is our big game and usually it is for all the marbles, although we haven't held up our end of the bargain for the last 3 seasons. But the games have been incredibly good regardless. Our big rivalry used to be Louisiana Tech (hate is too soft a term), however McNeese is absolutely our main rival now and has been for some time.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Lolly Poly got whacked 58-10 at LSU tonight. And also, you have a good shot at getting Chief Caddo back from SFA.