PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Ga South Fans...

bodoyle
November 10th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I watched your guys game today, and it was the first time that I have seen your field etc.

1) Why was the field built in the direction that it currently stands? The sun plays a huge role in catching the ball etc. I saw atleast twice where either a DB or WR missed a catchable ball b/c of the sun

2) Do you guys have any plans on expanding the sideline seating? It seems to be very flat. Why not expand it upwards.

Eaglesrus
November 11th, 2007, 09:07 AM
I watched your guys game today, and it was the first time that I have seen your field etc.

1) Why was the field built in the direction that it currently stands? The sun plays a huge role in catching the ball etc. I saw atleast twice where either a DB or WR missed a catchable ball b/c of the sun

2) Do you guys have any plans on expanding the sideline seating? It seems to be very flat. Why not expand it upwards.

I'm no expert on this, but my understanding is that the placement was mostly to take advantage of a natural oblong bowl shape of the property. As far as expansion, going up may happen down the road, but I believe the first expansion, if any, would be to close in one of the ends.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 11th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I'm no expert on this, but my understanding is that the placement was mostly to take advantage of a natural oblong bowl shape of the property. As far as expansion, going up may happen down the road, but I believe the first expansion, if any, would be to close in one of the ends.

And as a fan, I hope it's not the side where the sun beats on you the whole game.

EagleCreekH20
November 11th, 2007, 10:00 AM
To quote our illustrious AD referring to stadium expansion...

"you may have to scale back your dreams"

ErksEagles
November 11th, 2007, 11:02 AM
New Paulson with Phases (http://www.gata.com/newpaulson.html)

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 11th, 2007, 11:06 AM
It's a north-south oriented field, so the sun is probably less of a factor then it would be it it was east-west.

bodoyle
November 11th, 2007, 02:27 PM

That was my next question(s). Are you going to close in one or both sides - kind alike what we are planning on doing with the fieldhouse and then putting stands infront and to the sides of it.

Bronco
November 11th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Now that's a good looking stadium. Get er done

Kill'em
November 11th, 2007, 03:21 PM
From what I understand, our A.D. would put a deck on the home side (north), first. There is some resistance to expanding east/west as the kids love sliding down the hills.