PDA

View Full Version : EKU CLINCHES OVC AUTO BID!!!

EKU05
November 10th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Just in case anyone missed it...

WE'RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

I'm just excited to see who we play now. Congratulations to the team and the coaching staff.

DuckDuckGriz
November 10th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Welcome back old foe.

xcoolx

ekufbfan
November 10th, 2007, 04:59 PM
YIPPPEEEE! Hurrah! YEA!!!!!!Finally a return where we should be atop the OVC xprost2x ...... now for the next step

It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COLONELS!!!

skinny_uncle
November 10th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Congrats.

Cocky
November 10th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Go win one for the OVC.

EIU looked good today, maybe they will get a bid.

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Congrats Colonels xthumbsupx

FCSFAN
November 10th, 2007, 07:42 PM
that decade passed sooooooooo fast!

WAY TO COLONELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLD COACH KIDD IS PROUD AS HE!! RIGHT NOW! WAY TO GO COACH HOPE, BACK WHERE YOU BELONG!!!!!

Panthers_Blue
November 10th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Nice job EKU

Enjoy it this year, you stopped EIU's run. We will be back. Maybe we will get an at-large bid and both do some work in the playoffs.

GreatAppSt
November 10th, 2007, 08:57 PM
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xthumbsupx

Golden Eagle
November 10th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Never thought I'd see EKU fans this happy just to get into the playoffs. My what a short decade it was. ;)

Congrats anyway, and make sure and rest your starters next week to maximize chances of OVC victory (and for no other reason would I say that)!

BigApp
November 10th, 2007, 09:32 PM
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GoColonels!
November 10th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Congrats to Coach Hope and the Team!!!

And yes, maybe the win was a little ugly, and maybe the Murray win was a little harder than it should have been, too. I think the big early season road victories at JSU and EIU spoiled us.

And congrats to EIU for their big win today! Keeping my fingers crossed for two OVC bids... The dry spell has been WAY too long for the conference, and here's hoping for both the Panthers and Colonels to make deep post-season runs...

Realistically--what are the chances the Colonels get to stay in Richmond for the first round? I'd give it about a 50-50 shot, with much riding on three things:

1) winning convincingly against an up-and-down Tech team at home next week.

2) how many butts there are in the seats at Roy Kidd stadium for said contest.

3) our hope that the bloody intra-conference carnage continue in the SoCon, Colonial and Gateway (impressive work today, Paladins, Minutemen and Spiders...)

EKU05
November 10th, 2007, 11:02 PM
I agree that we have about a 50/50 chance of hosting a playoff game at the Kidd. Either way...it's good to have taken another step on our way back to being a national title contender. This isn't an ending of the process so much as it is a transition to the ultimate phase of it.

We've reclaimed the conference that we dominated so thoroughly for so many years...now comes the hard part. It's also worth mentioning that we likely have to defeat Tennessee Tech next week to avoid the dreaded co-champion scenario.

BTW, definitely count me in the camp of those lobbying for Eastern Illinois to get an at large bid. If they don't get in you can definitely blame the loss to Illinois State.

PantherRob82
November 10th, 2007, 11:24 PM
I would bet you guys will be playing in a certain dome in two weeks.

Weems
November 11th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Congrats EKU. I must admit, i was shocked when i saw your close game w/ APSU, but nonetheless, a W. I wish you well, and also to EIU, who i hope will get the other bid. Again, congrats!

Maroons
November 11th, 2007, 12:08 AM
I don't think the playoff appearance has really sunk in yet, for me... I really thought it unthinkable that it would take this long to win another title considering the emphasis placed on football at EKU. Like a Murray fan praying for an OVC win in the NCAA tournament... I just hope the Colonels can end the OVC drought! But the immeadiate goal is finishing the OVC undefeated and trying to attract a home playoff game. Anyone know the average home attendance for the 20 or so teams in contention for the playoffs?

ekufbfan
November 11th, 2007, 07:42 AM
In this case, absence does not make the heart grow fonder. A 10 year absence from the playoffs will probably hurt EKU, but I can't see the AQ/OVC Champ sent to the number 1-2 seed as has been predicted here many times. If so, we will learn our lesson about finishing 2-3 in the OVC for most of the last 10 years and then seeing the OVC/AQ not winning in the first round. Before we hear you got to play the best to win the championship, I do know this and so do all of you. Getting a home game helps anyone in the playoffs, us included. If it didn't who would care where they played?

Never thought I'd see EKU fans this happy just to get into the playoffs. My what a short decade it was.

It has more to do with getting this program back on tract than making the playoffs. While we are extremely happy that we now have secured the auto bid, we want to win the OVC outright, (no co-champ!) and then finally seeing an OVC team win playoff games. BTW, it HAS NOT been a short decade for us, it seems like forever!

And congrats to the basketball team, they lookked pretty good last night. Yesterday was a good day for Colonel fans!!!

Cocky
November 11th, 2007, 08:18 AM
EKU should get a home game.
EKU has zero FCS losses.
Maybe a good bid was sent.

ekufbfan
November 11th, 2007, 08:24 AM
EKU should get a home game.
EKU has zero FCS losses.
Maybe a good bid was sent.

I understand the bid was put together several weeks ago and that the AD was not shying away...understanding that $$$ talks.....we will see.........

Panthers_Blue
November 11th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Again congrats to EKU. We must end this first round playoff drought this year. The EIU and EKU game was a classic this year and I would almost pay to see it again.

Heres to EIU getting in and to the OVC making some noise past the first round. xnodx

Cocky
November 11th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Panther, how big is your left tackle? He looked to be 6'9" or better.

Panthers_Blue
November 11th, 2007, 10:14 AM
On D
#90 Tim Kelly is 6'4 277
#91 Pierre Walters is 6'5 261

On O
#72 Will Norris is 6'9 315
#73 Anthony Rubican is 6'6 289

EIUsuperfan
November 11th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Congrats to EKU, it's good to see you back in the OVC Title hunt! Hopefully the OVC can continue to improve!

P.S.- EIU played their best game of the year this week! Hope for an auto-bid and the OVC to make some noise in the playoffs and not have two first round exits like last year!

hawkeye
November 11th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Good luck to you EKU and hopefully EIU will be in the hunt as well. I remember how excited I was this time last season. This Skyhawk will be pulling for you guys!