PDA

View Full Version : Next Stop - Newark???

DSUHornet
November 10th, 2007, 03:49 PM
How does UD's loss to UR today effect the first round match-up possibility if it does?

blukeys
November 10th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Helps the Hornets.

DSUHornet
November 10th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Helps the Hornets.

no, what i mean is how much of a sure thing is it for the hens to be in the postseason

RadMann
November 10th, 2007, 03:52 PM
UD is not a lock on the playoffs by any means. No defense.

FCS Preview
November 10th, 2007, 04:27 PM
If UD loses next week, they will be (8-3) but only 7 D-I wins (though one is against Navy). I think they might still make the playoffs, but a win over Villanova will make it a sure thing.

89Hen
November 10th, 2007, 04:29 PM
If UD loses next week, they will be (8-3) but only 7 D-I wins (though one is against Navy). I think they might still make the playoffs, but a win over Villanova will make it a sure thing.
What he said.

Dane96
November 10th, 2007, 04:43 PM
ESPN will fix it...pay the refs...make sure there first round money game goes off!!!

;)

ChickenMan
November 10th, 2007, 05:15 PM
The way the potential playoff field is performing today.. UD could very back in at 8-3.. even with a loss to Villanova.

NovaHater
November 10th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Any team that loses their last two games doesn't deserve a playoff bid, and UD loses at Nova. Andy Talley has enough game film to see all of the weaknesses in UD's defense and will move at will.

Looks to me like Hornets will be in Richmond. Good luck DSU.

Intrepid
November 10th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Any team that loses their last two games doesn't deserve a playoff bid, and UD loses at Nova. Andy Talley has enough game film to see all of the weaknesses in UD's defense and will move at will.

Nova will lose...You're already lose if you think that Nova will run over UD, nope not going to happen.

Go Hens Beat The Cats!!!

R.A.
November 10th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Delaware should beat Villanova.

ChickenMan
November 10th, 2007, 06:10 PM

Dream on... if Nova wants to have a shot at beating UD.. their less than potent offense will have to score 35+... unless UD hands them points.. as Hofstra did.. that ain't happening.

prediction.. UD wins by two TDs and has about 2,000 more fans in attendence then the not so Wild-cats... :p

mistersykes
November 10th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Now hold on! Nova's no pushover! Luckily for UD, they're able to push over most defenses. :D

BlueHen86
November 10th, 2007, 06:20 PM

Normally I would agree but UD has to be the third team in from the CAA, even if they lose to Nova. UNH has four losses and JMU has three, including on to UD. It looks like UD will be deserving enough to get in at 8-3.

I think UD is in and plays DSU at home in round 1.xthumbsupx

DSUHornet
November 10th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I agree, i can definately see Nova beating UD but i think the hens will still see consideration for the bid

Hansel
November 10th, 2007, 10:05 PM
think this game will be on ESPN and they will play up the "race card"?

igo4uni
November 10th, 2007, 10:10 PM

xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

DSUHornet
November 10th, 2007, 10:12 PM

i hope it is the friday night game but they wont bring up the race card simply because it isnt the politically correct thing to do. they will undoubtably bring up other reasons that this match-up has been avoided for so long

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 10th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Villanova is playing much better.....although I see UD putting a hurt on them via the scoreboard......

Hens are in the field.....

DSUHornet
November 10th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Delaware's offense is just explosive

walliver
November 10th, 2007, 10:45 PM
ESPN will fix it...pay the refs...make sure there first round money game goes off!!!

;)

Does ESPN make big bucks off the FCS play-offs?
Somehow I doubt it.

GannonFan
November 10th, 2007, 11:35 PM
With the way everything broke today in the playoff hunt, I think UD's in the playoffs already, even with a loss to nova (which I don't think will happen). It's not a glamorous way into the playoffs, and I don't think UD can ride the offense to 4 wins once they get into the playoffs, but it's something. Heck, if Georgia Southern loses to a bad Colorado St team next week (and they are still an FBS team and GSU will be on the road playin at elevation (Ft. Collins is 5k feet above sea level) ) then the CAA may even get 5 teams in (Hofstra needs to beat UMass and JMU needs to beat Towson for that to happen).

NovaHater
November 11th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Dream on... if Nova wants to have a shot at beating UD.. their less than potent offense will have to score 35+... unless UD hands them points.. as Hofstra did.. that ain't happening.

prediction.. UD wins by two TDs and has about 2,000 more fans in attendence then the not so Wild-cats... :p

How did having 22,000 more than UR work out for the Hens ?
Number of fans means nothing, proof yesterday. Fans don't play defense, which UD has been unable to do. Last 3 games, how many punts by the opposition ? 5 punts in 3 games by the opposing team ??

Question of the thread is will the Hornets be in Newark, I say no because I don't see how the committee can allow a team that loses it's last two game to get in. I hope they are in because that game is long overdue and Hornet fans should also hope they go to Newark where they have a chance to win. I don't think they would be so fortunate if they have to go to Richmond which is where I say they end up.

By the way, their (Nova) less than potent offense put up 35 on Hofstra, 27 on UR. Towson game 8 players did not play due to disciplinary reasons.

Talley vs Keeler xlolx