PDA

View Full Version : Hightower vs Cuff

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 9th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Who will rush for the most yards?

SunCoastBlueHen
November 9th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I would have to put my money on Hightower. Delaware's d-ends are banged up and are certainly the strength of the Hen's defense. Additionally, I think the Hen's will likely look to go to the air more than the Spiders. I say Cuff gets 100, Hightower gets 150 and it will be a very close football game. xthumbsupx

BlueHenBoy
November 9th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Hightower for more yards, because it's easy to bust a big run against our D. But Cuff will score 4 touchdowns and Hightower only 2.

(Nuff Said) xthumbsupx
vvvvvvvvv

Rob Iola
November 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Hightower - he's probably the better runner, and a bigger part of UR's offense than Cuff is in UD's. Cuff's always been a tremendous back, an is by far the better receiver, and has a dog's nose for the endzone - but Hightower will get more yards. Difference in this game is Flacco - doesn't matter how many yards Hightower gets, Flacco will out gun him.

mcveyrl
November 9th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Does UR use Hightower on screens a lot? If not, then a better stat might be yards from scrimmage. I think this will be close to equal.

GannonFan
November 9th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Does UR use Hightower on screens a lot? If not, then a better stat might be yards from scrimmage. I think this will be close to equal.

Agreed - Cuff is the better receiver - heck, UD's even lining him up out wide these days and letting him run patterns. JMU "contained" Cuff last week and he still got close to 170 yards from scrimmage and 3 TD's. I see Cuff being contained in a similar fashion tomorrow. The difference won't be Cuff or Hghtower, it will be Flacco versus Ward - Flacco had a huge day last year without and injured Cuff against what was probably a better Richmond defense. He should have a good day again.

Richmond's got injury problems on the d-line as well - their senior NG, the only upperclassman in the front 7, may not play. Offenses should score early and often tomorrow.

URMite
November 10th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Agreed - Cuff is the better receiver - heck, UD's even lining him up out wide these days and letting him run patterns. JMU "contained" Cuff last week and he still got close to 170 yards from scrimmage and 3 TD's. I see Cuff being contained in a similar fashion tomorrow. The difference won't be Cuff or Hghtower, it will be Flacco versus Ward - Flacco had a huge day last year without and injured Cuff against what was probably a better Richmond defense. He should have a good day again.

Richmond's got injury problems on the d-line as well - their senior NG, the only upperclassman in the front 7, may not play. Offenses should score early and often tomorrow.

We only throw about 3 screens a game to Hightower for about 25 yds. I didn't realize we haven't allowed a 100 yd rusher this season (not bad considering NU/URI/JMU). Cuff played sparingly last year. Our defensive backfield is the same as last year but had to replace the front 7. NG didn't practice much but Game Notes say he will play(?). We missed him against Nova, we'd pressure their QB from the outside and he'd escape up the middle.

I still think our best opportunity is if we can win the field position battle. If we have an avg of 55yds to drive and you have 70, it would certainly improve our odds.

You may be right about high scoring. This could a 4 qtr version of OT. Whoever fails to score loses.

Has everyone in the CAA had as little success at the Tub as we have? We are 1-10 with the win about 20yrs ago (and no visits in 3 yrs).

SeattleGriz
November 10th, 2007, 03:29 AM
xrotatehx Whotower?

ChickenMan
November 10th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Hightower vs Cuff is pretty much a wash.. but Ward vs Flacco isn't.

89Hen
November 10th, 2007, 10:27 AM
JMU "contained" Cuff last week and he still got close to 170 yards from scrimmage and 3 TD's.
Funny you say that, I was thinking that he didn't have a great game, but the numbers are still there. xbowx

DTSpider
November 10th, 2007, 10:50 AM

That's not entirely true, Sherman Logan is a senior, but was lost for the season long ago. So, Demoss isn't the only upperclassman in the front 7. Fortunately David Horton will play, but he'll be the only one of UR's 4 preseason all conference guys on the field. Horton will be a huge boost to improve the secondary.

As for the yards, doesn't really matter to me. I hope that Hightower doesn't have the chance to get many yards due to great special teams play xsmiley_wix