PDA

View Full Version : K Rich and the next 2 games

CamelCityAppFan
November 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Richardson is 242 yards from the all-time ASU record, and needs to gobble up as much as he can before the playoffs, where raw yardage is no guarantee.

2 home games left against the 2 weakest conference opponents. Does the game plan call for K Rich to get a lot more carries than he's been getting lately?

Discuss...

proasu89
November 8th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Richardson is 242 yards from the all-time ASU record, and needs to gobble up as much as he can before the playoffs, where raw yardage is no guarantee.

2 home games left against the 2 weakest conference opponents. Does the game plan call for K Rich to get a lot more carries than he's been getting lately?

Discuss...

No way we alter our game plan, play calling to cater to this recordxpeacex
The yards will come, but not at the expense of our offensive flow.xtwocentsx

HaveFunKc
November 8th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Agree with pro89... APP-solutely we can not mess with the game plan. AE is back to health and firing on all pistons. Teams have been focusing on shutting down the pitch-outs to KR thinking AE is not up to speed. (Nice couple games watching that not work for defenses.)

I was thinking that KR would actually be picking up naturally as the 'Cats start reacting to AE a little more thus freeing up KR with the same game plan we have had the last couple of games. Maybe even seeing the passing game open up as D-backs cheat in (oh that could get ugly)...

Just my xtwocentsx ... Go APPS!

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2007, 11:10 PM
You have to beat both teams. I'd expect him to run as much as they need him to to win the game. 8-3 with a loss to lowly UTC or WCU might punch a big hole in this playoff thing.

WVAPPmountaineer
November 9th, 2007, 07:45 AM
It's my opinion that the coaching staff has purposely limited KRich's touches this season (whether it is because he is banged up or not) - Kevin is one of the toughest kids I have ever seen play - He gets every inch on every play and he has taken a beating over the last 2 2/3 seasons (and remember he has played right at 40 games during that timeframe). He has played, in less than 3 full seasons, as many games as most college RBs play in 4 years. We want him fresh for those 4th quarter clock-eating drives - see UMass - I do think he will get the record but it will happen in the scheme the coaches devised early in the season - Keep Him Fresh!!!

ASUG8
November 9th, 2007, 08:03 AM
I'm surprised that Richardson is that close, given how many yards AE has this year. It seems to me that AE, when given the choice, will nearly always call his own number and rarely pitch out. I haven't looked at Kevin's stats this year, but it just seems from watching them play that AE drops back, gets rattled, and runs (effectively, mind you). I'm not bashing AE at all, but having him and Richardson in the backfield is pretty formidable, but Kevin has no say so as to when he gets carries. I'd love to see him shatter it this week and coast to another 100+ yds at Chatty. We'll see how Moore handles it, but given the way he let AE get the school record last week I suspect KR will see more touches if the game permits.

CamelCityAppFan
November 9th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I'd love to see him shatter it this week and coast to another 100+ yds at Chatty. We'll see how Moore handles it, but given the way he let AE get the school record last week I suspect KR will see more touches if the game permits.

That's what I'm hoping. He's been a great player, a real team player for ASU. He deserves a shot at the record.

ERASU2113
November 9th, 2007, 03:38 PM
I'd want him to break it against Chatty.....I mean the school record on your senior day.....

that would be awesome. He deserves it

Jerbearasu
November 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I have said this in many posts during the off-season and even in the season when people were questioning why K Rich doesn't have the stats. I dare anyone to go back and look at his stats every year because he never really has impressive numbers until the playoffs. Last year he ran for well over 1600 yards and 30 TDs. He gained 500+ of those yards in the playoffs and 11 TD's if my memory serves me correctly. I think he went from averaging 18 touches a game to 25. He will get going come playoff time and will definitely have the record after the first week of the playoffs...

ASUG8
November 11th, 2007, 12:23 PM
No way we alter our game plan, play calling to cater to this recordxpeacex
The yards will come, but not at the expense of our offensive flow.xtwocentsx

Still feel that way after last night? KR had 220 yards, AE had 59. I'm pretty sure they're calling his number a bit more.

ERASU2113
November 11th, 2007, 12:24 PM
26 yards from the record...He'll get it in the first quarter on senior day.

appfan2008
November 11th, 2007, 12:28 PM
yes he will and that will be an awesome accomplishment to witness...