PDA

View Full Version : The CAA Today: Weeks Ten & Eleven – Total Chaos! <---CSN

CSN-info
November 8th, 2007, 04:04 PM
The CAA Today: Weeks Ten & Eleven – Total Chaos!
Bruce Dowd, CSN columnist

I think by now, everyone has pretty much got the picture, so I am going to skip the normal CAA rankings and tiers this week and go right into what is on everyone’s mind which is who is getting into the playoffs and how many CAA teams will get in. The upsets this week by Northeastern and Rhode Island over New Hampshire and Massachusetts have put the CAA into total chaos right now.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=88855

Check out the new cartoon! :)

minuteman65
November 8th, 2007, 06:37 PM
OUCH, he has UMass losing out? Amazing what one bad loss does.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2007, 07:06 PM

.....You gotta beat UNH on Saturday..........:D

umassfan
November 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Im not worried. UMass will win out. The game vs URI was a fluke. It did nothing but fire us up for a long run again. It cost us a seed but it doesnt matter where the game is played... you still gotta win.

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2007, 01:12 AM

You need to re-read the article:
"No. 14 New Hampshire at No. 8 Massachusetts 12:00 pm – (Wrong time to play UMass): Another difficult game to predict, but a little easier than the Richmond v. Delaware contest. This is a huge rivalry game that has built up over the past few years and this will be a very hard fought and hard hitting game. I just think that UMass is much better defensively and at home will take care of UNH and keep Santos from one last final playoff run."

minuteman65
November 9th, 2007, 02:33 AM
You need to re-read the article:
"No. 14 New Hampshire at No. 8 Massachusetts 12:00 pm – (Wrong time to play UMass): Another difficult game to predict, but a little easier than the Richmond v. Delaware contest. This is a huge rivalry game that has built up over the past few years and this will be a very hard fought and hard hitting game. I just think that UMass is much better defensively and at home will take care of UNH and keep Santos from one last final playoff run."

OK, I misread what he was saying earlier. I thought he had this as his four CAA playoff teams.

Here are the final records of how I think the remaining four teams in the CAA-Super Six will finish with;

Richmond (8-3)
James Madison (8-3)
Hofstra (8-3)
New Hampshire (7-4)

I'll learn to read in the future. In the meantime, can't wait for UNH-UMass!!! Should be going to some undergraduate chemistry job workshop, but skipping it for football! Hope it's as good as last year's playoff game!

EmeryZach
November 9th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Looks like it might snow tonight. Should be a cold one in Amherst tomorrow.

Our d-backs better get some good sleep tonight. We need Santos to have an off day or we could be in serious trouble.

Uncle Buck
November 9th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Tell me that CAA football isn't the best! Man, as tough as this conference is, you have to love it. Man i love FCS football

UMass922
November 9th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I disagree with him about UMass being a lock at 8-3. He's putting way too much stock in the BC loss, while ignoring the fact that UMass is lacking in quality wins. Either UNH or Hofstra would be our best win of the season. As of now it's . . . Villanova? Holy Cross? I think we'll need a little help to get in at 8-3.