PDA

View Full Version : Griz/Cat Satellite Parties

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 8th, 2007, 02:52 PM
So the "Brawl of the Wild" (aka Griz/Cat or Cat/Griz) is approaching. There is a Satellite Party here in San Diego I attended last year and will again this year to watch the game. There was about 200 or so Griz and Cat faithful and it was a ton of fun, although not as much fun as watching the game in person of course.

I'm just curious if anyone else on AGS, Griz or Cat fans, who have left the state attend similar parties and what kind of crowds they draw.

Grizlaw
November 8th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I've attended the party in New York City most of the years that I've lived here (the exception being 2004, when I was in Missoula for the game :) ). We usually get a pretty good turnout -- I'd say about 100-150, pretty evenly split between Griz and Cat fans, although last year the party was a lot smaller (I think a lot of people stayed home and watched it on GamePlan, since that was an option).

I also attended the party in Washington DC when I lived there (2002-2003). The turnout there was better; I'd guess in the 200-300 range (again, pretty evenly split between UM and MSU fans).

Peems
November 8th, 2007, 03:35 PM
every year they send out a little pamphlet with info showing all the parties in the US. Pretty much everywhere but Alaska has one. I'll be tuning in from Seattle since I'll be out of state for a couple months.

DuckDuckGriz
November 8th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I will be attending the satellite party at Tom's Pizza in Portland on 181st (Gresham). Those of you that will be there let me know.

AZGrizFan
November 8th, 2007, 03:46 PM
There are two different parties in the greater-Phoenix area. I usually attend the one at Dukes Bar & Grill in Scottsdale, which usually has 250-300 people in attendance. The one at McDuffy's is quite a bit smaller, with 75-100 people in attendance.

GOKATS
November 8th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Cat/Griz satellite party locations:

http://alumni.montana.edu/events/catgriz/

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 8th, 2007, 03:50 PM
The party in San Diego is at McGregor's just off the 805 near Qualcomm Stadium...if anyone will be in the area and wants to watch the game

Peems
November 8th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I've never been to one, what feed do they use? Cats or Griz?

Grizzaholic
November 8th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I attended the one in Las Vegas a few years ago. What a blast!

DuckDuckGriz
November 8th, 2007, 03:56 PM

It's usually KPAX since they are the ones that usually own the rights to the game. In the past though it has been on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain....which I prefer -- actually I prefer anything to KPAX.

appfan2008
November 8th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Cat/Griz satellite party locations:

http://alumni.montana.edu/events/catgriz/

that is so awesome that you guys have so many well attended parties... i dont think that occurs for any asu games except of course for the michigan game and the NC's but for normal game that doesnt happen

Grizzaholic
November 8th, 2007, 04:10 PM
that is so awesome that you guys have so many well attended parties... i dont think that occurs for any asu games except of course for the michigan game and the NC's but for normal game that doesnt happen

It is just Griz Nation. Just wait until it invades a town near you.

DuckDuckGriz
November 8th, 2007, 04:15 PM
It is just Griz Nation. Just wait until it invades a town near you.

Raleigh/Durham
Woody’s Sports Pub
8322 Chapel Hill Rd - Cary NC
919-380-7737
Duncan Riley ’85
(919) 572-0024
[email protected]

xthumbsupx

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 8th, 2007, 04:32 PM

Yeah it was KPAX last year in SD

AZGrizFan
November 8th, 2007, 04:39 PM

Actually, here in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Dukes Sports Bar picks up the feed for EVERY game, even the regular season, and there'll be 50-75 people at the bar every Saturday to watch the Griz mow down another opponent. It's really cool....

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 8th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Actually, here in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Dukes Sports Bar picks up the feed for EVERY game, even the regular season, and there'll be 50-75 people at the bar every Saturday to watch the Griz mow down another opponent. It's really cool....

Wow I wish I knew of a place like that here in San Diego...if i get to watch the game it's on my laptop through the webcast xlolx :(

AZGrizFan
November 8th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Wow I wish I knew of a place like that here in San Diego...if i get to watch the game it's on my laptop through the webcast xlolx :(

You know, GFISD, if you left your house @ 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, you could BE here by game time.... xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

People in Montana drive a LOT farther to be in Missoula every Saturday....(well, I guess not technically EVERY Saturday, although I'm sure this year it seems like it!)... xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 8th, 2007, 04:59 PM
You know, GFISD, if you left your house @ 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, you could BE here by game time.... xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

People in Montana drive a LOT farther to be in Missoula every Saturday....(well, I guess not technically EVERY Saturday, although I'm sure this year it seems like it!)... xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

xlolx ya know if I wasn't busy with school I might be crazy enough to do that...Love My Griz :D

AZGrizFan
November 8th, 2007, 05:02 PM
xlolx ya know if I wasn't busy with school I might be crazy enough to do that...Love My Griz :D

F school. You've got a place to crash if you decide to make the drive!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 8th, 2007, 05:05 PM
F school. You've got a place to crash if you decide to make the drive!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Thanks I'll keep that in mind xnodx :) xnodx :)

Bobcat in NC
November 9th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Raleigh/Durham
Woody’s Sports Pub
8322 Chapel Hill Rd - Cary NC
919-380-7737
Duncan Riley ’85
(919) 572-0024
[email protected]

xthumbsupx

And that's where the wife & I will be watching it this year. Got the PPV version last year and had some people over, but I'd much rather overpay for beer at a bar, I guess...

Went to the LA (actually, Santa Monica) party a couple times when we lived in SoCal and had a GREAT time. Right around 200 people there.

mlbowl
November 9th, 2007, 12:08 PM
The only one in Florida is in Pensacola....over 700 miles away from mexbawlingx xmadx

nwFL Griz
November 9th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I'm going to try to make it to Seville Quarter in P'cola this year. I didn't even know they had it there!