PDA

View Full Version : AGS Retired to Stud

Pauly LB
November 8th, 2007, 12:20 PM
And, in a related story...

Any Given Saturday retired to stud:

Any Given Saturday, winner of the Grade I Hasket Invitational over Hard Spun and Curlin, has been retired and will stand stud at Darley at Jonabell in Lexington, Ky.

The stud fee will be $40,000, the stable announced.

COMMENT: IF AGS IS GOING AWAY WHAT A WAY TO GO...

danefan
November 8th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Congrats to AGS! Lucky bastard.

Grizzaholic
November 8th, 2007, 12:24 PM
At least he will go out with a bang.xrolleyesx

Pauly LB
November 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM
At least he will go out with a bang.xrolleyesx

And he will get paid $40,000 a pop (so to speak) !!!

Seahawks Fan
November 8th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I wish they would put me out to stud. xlolx xlolx xlolx

WMTribe90
November 8th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Sadly, having worked on a thoroughbred farm in high school, I'm afraid to say AGS will not be anywhere close to the mares when they are impregnated. His specimen will be "collected" and then injected into the recipient. I guess life could be worse, but its not exactly life at the playboy mansion either.

Pauly LB
November 8th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Sadly, having worked on a thoroughbred farm in high school, I'm afraid to say AGS will not be anywhere close to the mares when they are impregnated. His specimen will be "collected" and then injected into the recipient. I guess life could be worse, but its not exactly life at the playboy mansion either.

Please don't spoil the image for us...

mcveyrl
November 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM

I never thought two horses getting it on was an image that could be "spoiled"...xconfusedx xconfusedx

Seahawks Fan
November 8th, 2007, 02:35 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Grizzaholic
November 8th, 2007, 02:52 PM

And what image would that be? Two horses getting it on?

Khan4Cats
November 8th, 2007, 02:58 PM

Mustang fans have such unique, um, interests.:D

SunCoastBlueHen
November 8th, 2007, 03:19 PM

Dude, you did not work at a breeding farm for racing thoroughbreds. To be properly pedigreed and legal for racing, a foal must be created the natural, old fashioned way...

From the Jokey's Club guidlines...

To be eligible for registration, a foal must be the result of a stallion’s Breeding with a broodmare (which is the physical mounting of a broodmare by a stallion with intromission of the penis and ejaculation of semen into the reproductive tract). As an aid to the Breeding, a portion of the ejaculate produced by the stallion during such mating may immediately be placed in the uterus of the broodmare being bred. A natural gestation must take place in, and delivery must be from, the body of the same broodmare in which the foal was conceived. Without limiting the above, any foal resulting from or produced by the processes of Artificial Insemination, Embryo Transfer or Transplant, Cloning or any other form of genetic manipulation not herein specified, shall not be eligible for registration.

Panther93
November 8th, 2007, 03:26 PM
To be eligible for registration, a foal must be the result of a stallion’s Breeding with a broodmare (which is the physical mounting of a broodmare by a stallion with intromission of the penis and ejaculation of semen into the reproductive tract). As an aid to the Breeding, a portion of the ejaculate produced by the stallion during such mating may immediately be placed in the uterus of the broodmare being bred. A natural gestation must take place in, and delivery must be from, the body of the same broodmare in which the foal was conceived. Without limiting the above, any foal resulting from or produced by the processes of Artificial Insemination, Embryo Transfer or Transplant, Cloning or any other form of genetic manipulation not herein specified, shall not be eligible for registration.

Wow! You are on the bottom of the organizational chart if that is your job!!

:)

SunCoastBlueHen
November 8th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Wow! You are on the bottom of the organizational chart if that is your job!!

:)

:p

No kidding! That's a step below after race drug test piss catcher (which is a real job). :p

Pauly LB
November 8th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Mustang fans have such unique, um, interests.:D

JK (just kidding) !!!

mcveyrl
November 8th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Dude, you did not work at a breeding farm for racing thoroughbreds. To be properly pedigreed and legal for racing, a foal must be created the natural, old fashioned way...

From the Jokey's Club guidlines...

Okay, people...I'm gonna have to call terms of service on this thread xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx

Panther FANatic
November 9th, 2007, 08:50 AM

Sounds like an APP STATE poster xlolx

Maverick
November 9th, 2007, 09:04 AM
The term for such breeding is "live cover" and it also video taped to prove that it meets the aforementioned Jockey Club standards. When you pay such expensive fees with or without guarantees, such is the way of doing business in the thoroughbred industry.

DrG
November 9th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Almost all standardbreds (harness horses) are bred through artificial insemination. But as has been noted here, thoroughbreds must do it the old-fashioned way. I once witnessed a breeding session in Kentucky and it's an imposing sight. Anyway, good luck to Any Given Saturday, even though he cost me a lot of money in the Breeders' Cup.