PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Calls Dayton and Albany "Solid Competition"!!!!!

DetroitFlyer
November 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=3099523

NEW YORK -- This year marks the 125th anniversary of Fordham football and the Rams have commemorated the best way possible -- with an unexpected run to the playoffs.

Fordham, the private Jesuit school in the Bronx that has produced Vince Lombardi and the famed Seven Blocks of Granite line he played on in 1936, hasn't had much success since moving up to Division I-AA in 1990. The Rams had made the playoffs one other time before this season.

On Saturday, the Rams clinched at least a share of the Patriot League title with a 24-21 victory over Holy Cross and the automatic berth in the Championship Subdivision playoffs.

"We talk to our kids about the tradition at Fordham," coach Tom Masella said. "It gets overlooked being in the big city."

The Rams have one more game left at home against Bucknell on Nov. 17, but with all the tiebreakers in their favor they can start at least peeking ahead to a possible first-round matchup. Delaware and Massachusetts are possible opponents.

Not much was expected of the Rams (8-2, 5-0) in their second season under Masella, a former New York city firefighter.

Fordham went 3-8 and 1-5 in the Patriot League last season, but this season started with promise: The Rams began 2-2, beating rival Columbia and playing well in losses against solid competition, Albany, N.Y., and Dayton.

I think what ESPN really meant to say was that a 10-1, ( 8-1 FCS ) University of Dayton Flyers should join the Rams in the FCS playoffs, BABY!!!!!xthumbsupx

JoltinJoe
November 8th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Wasn't this article about Fordham? xeyebrowx

danefan
November 8th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Cool article. Congrats to Fordham....nice to see your name in lights!

BlueHen86
November 8th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Congrats Fordham. Glad to see you guys get some recognition from ESPN.

rmutv
November 8th, 2007, 12:14 PM
It's not an ESPN article.

It's an associated press article on the ESPN website.

Seahawks Fan
November 8th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Good for Fordham! And a Dayton / Albany Gridiron Classic will be a great game. xthumbsupx

BlueHen86
November 8th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Yes.

The word narcissist come to mind.xrolleyesx

xlolx

Dane96
November 8th, 2007, 12:21 PM

It was...and congrats on a great season.

For the record, Albany fans would not like to be lumped in with the neverending lobbying efforts (Energizer Bunny-style) of Daytong and PFL fans.

89Hen
November 8th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Masella, a former New York city firefighter.
xeyebrowx Now I need to read more. xnodx

DetroitFlyer
November 8th, 2007, 12:29 PM
It was...and congrats on a great season.

For the record, Albany fans would not like to be lumped in with the neverending lobbying efforts (Energizer Bunny-style) of Daytong and PFL fans.

OK, ESPN, (AP), calls Dayton "Solid Competition"!! There was some other team mentioned that defeated Fordham, but I can't seem to remember who they were due to my " narcissist" disorder....xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

JoltinJoe
November 8th, 2007, 01:08 PM
xeyebrowx Now I need to read more. xnodx

This ran in the NY Times in September 2006:
From the Firehouse to the Field at Fordham (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/14/sports/ncaafootball/14fordham.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1194548681-bAEf/RTwjPL4WN9OVQQxhQ)

Seahawks Fan
November 8th, 2007, 01:11 PM
This ran in the NY Times in September 2006:
From the Firehouse to the Field at Fordham (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/14/sports/ncaafootball/14fordham.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1194548681-bAEf/RTwjPL4WN9OVQQxhQ)

No wonder he is good.. He comes from Wagner. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

JoltinJoe
November 8th, 2007, 01:14 PM
No wonder he is good.. He comes from Wagner. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

You didn't know that? Walt Hameline highly recommended him for the position at Fordham. He's pretty tight with our AD.

We owe guys a huge thank you.xthumbsupx

89Hen
November 8th, 2007, 01:15 PM
From the Firehouse to the Field at Fordham

xthumbsupx Thanks Joe!

aceinthehole
November 8th, 2007, 02:02 PM
You didn't know that? Walt Hameline highly recommended him for the position at Fordham. He's pretty tight with our AD.

We owe guys a huge thank you.xthumbsupx

Fordham "stole" ;) Wagner's mens hoops coach a few years back. Wittenberg took Wagner to the Big Dance in 2001, in between 2 CCSU apperances.

If the ADs are tight, why don't they set up a FB game between the two schools? I know FU has a nice series with Albany, but I'd love to see Wagner step up a game or two. To me its a no brainer that Wagner should try to get a game with Fordham and/or Columbia.

GannonFan
November 8th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Good job Fordham!!!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

JoltinJoe
November 8th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Fordham "stole" ;) Wagner's mens hoops coach a few years back. Wittenberg took Wagner to the Big Dance in 2001, in between 2 CCSU apperances.

It's funny but with Whittenburg, Walt Hameline again apparently opened the door for us.

Our AD called Hameline to discuss potential candidate for the opening. During that conversation, Hameline mentioned that he knew Derrick Whittenburg was interested in the position. So Hameline's blessing, Whittenburg interviewed for the job and impressed everyone he met.

Hameline wants the position at Wagner to be viewed as a great stepping stone for talented young coaches. He knows Wagner is not going to be able to lock up a coach forever and he accepts that. He trusts that he will be able to find another great young coach (he is said to have a great eye for talent in that regard).

He thinks his chances of landing the next talented young coach he wants are much better if candidates know that Wagner is willing to let you move on and even help you get the next job you want.

At Fordham right now, we are trying to lock up Whittenburg for the long term and we get concerned everytime a job opens.

aceinthehole
November 8th, 2007, 02:30 PM
It's funny but with Whittenburg, Walt Hameline again apparently opened the door for us.

Our AD called Hameline to discuss potential candidate for the opening. During that conversation, Hameline mentioned that he knew Derrick Whittenburg was interested in the position. So Hameline's blessing, Whittenburg interviewed for the job and impressed everyone he met.

Hameline wants the position at Wagner to be viewed as a great stepping stone for talented young coaches. He knows Wagner is not going to be able to lock up a coach forever and he accepts that. He trusts that he will be able to find another great young coach (he is said to have a great eye for talent in that regard).

He thinks his chances of landing the next talented young coach he wants are much better if candidates know that Wagner will not only not prevent you from moving up the ranks but also, when your time comes, the school will help you get that next job.

At Fordham right now, we are trying to locj up Whittenburg for the long term and we get concerned everytime a job opens.

Great point, you know I was kidding. If that helps Wagner's program then I'd support it too. If you build a program that is sucessfull and coaches are able to move to higher paying jobs, then great. WC will certainly get some extra press from his sucess at the higher level.

BTW - Wagner also sent one of its better hoops coaches, P.J. Carlesimo to Seton Hall some years back where he went on to bring the Pirates to a Final Four. Yes, these samller schools have to be an incubator of young coaches. I don't know why the have a retread in Mike Deane (Siena, Marquette, Lamar) on Grymes Hill today.

Fordham
November 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
To add to/reinforce what Joe said, Hamelin and McGlaughlin have always been very close and he's been a great source of info for Frank and clearly played a big role in us getting both Whit & Masella. Now there's a guy I'd like to buy a drink!!!

As far as playing Wagner - that'd be great!!! I think there's an out clause in our Dayton deal that says if fans of their program consistently try to squash the small amount of good press we get in order to whore out their own program, we can end the deal!! Wagner, looks like you're in.

(DF - bad form xnonox xnonono2x )

Seahawks Fan
November 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
We had another talented young coach "stolen away" some years back by Seton Hall. Guy by the name of P J Carlesimo.

I'm all for a Wagner / Fordham game. The ADs should get it done. xthumbsupx

JoltinJoe
November 8th, 2007, 02:37 PM
We had another talented young coach "stolen away" some years back by Seton Hall. Guy by the name of P J Carlesimo.

A Fordham grad. xnodx

Seahawks Fan
November 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM
A Fordham grad. xnodx

What goes around comes around. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2007, 02:43 PM
To add to/reinforce what Joe said, Hamelin and McGlaughlin have always been very close and he's been a great source of info for Frank and clearly played a big role in us getting both Whit & Masella. Now there's a guy I'd like to buy a drink!!!

As far as playing Wagner - that'd be great!!! I think there's an out clause in our Dayton deal that says if fans of their program consistently try to squash the small amount of good press we get in order to whore out their own program, we can end the deal!! Wagner, looks like you're in.

"You must spread reputation around before giving reputation to Fordham again"

joecooll6
November 8th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Dayton fans are worse than San Diego fans. Much worse. I thought that Dayton beating San Diego would be a good thing but I was wrong, very, very wrong.

JoltinJoe
November 8th, 2007, 03:16 PM

Not to belabor the point, but Hamelin also is said to have had a hand in the hiring of the current women's basketball coach -- who also had ties to Wagner.

DetroitFlyer
November 8th, 2007, 03:43 PM

From a Fordham fan whose team enjoys an automatic bid to the FCS playoffs and whose team lost to the Dayton Flyers who do not enjoy an automatic bid to the FCS playoffs.... I always find it very interesting that the fans who are so quick to complain about Dayton or San Diego fans are those fans whose teams and conferences enjoy an automatic bid to the FCS playoffs.... I sure would like to reverse things to see if your outlook would be any different.

In fact, I'll go one step further and say that if anything, fans of Fordham and the PL should be supporting Dayton as an at large candidate rather than complaining about Dayton fans! Remember, your team LOST to the Flyers!!!!!

Frankly, the fact that an AP article posted on ESPN calls Dayton "Solid Competition" is extremely newsworthy and deserves to be highlighted here just as much if not more so than any information about Fordham!

Bad form, I think not...!!!!!xnonox

Dane96
November 8th, 2007, 03:50 PM
I am dumber for having read that post.

NARCISSIST IS TOO SMALL OF A WORD...

89Hen
November 8th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Frankly, the fact that an AP article posted on ESPN calls Dayton "Solid Competition" is extremely newsworthy and deserves to be highlighted here just as much if not more so than any information about Fordham!
So says the Dayton fan. xcoffeex

JoltinJoe
November 8th, 2007, 04:00 PM
From a Fordham fan whose team enjoys an automatic bid to the FCS playoffs and whose team lost to the Dayton Flyers who do not enjoy an automatic bid to the FCS playoffs.... I always find it very interesting that the fans who are so quick to complain about Dayton or San Diego fans are those fans whose teams and conferences enjoy an automatic bid to the FCS playoffs.... I sure would like to reverse things to see if your outlook would be any different.

In fact, I'll go one step further and say that if anything, fans of Fordham and the PL should be supporting Dayton as an at large candidate rather than complaining about Dayton fans! Remember, your team LOST to the Flyers!!!!!

I don't think it's a question of whether PL fans or Fordham fans support Dayton as an at-large candidate.

This was a very nice national news article about Fordham football. Why did you make into a Dayton thread? That's what Fordham is questioning.

I'd love to see Dayton in the playoffs (and get revenge) but that's not the issue here.

I could go on forever about why Fordham would win a rematch and why things that happened on 9/22 won't happen again. But that's just making excuses. It gets a little frustrating, though, to constantly bite your tongue when every positive mention of Fordham on this board now gets coupled with a reminder that we lost to Dayton.

xpeacex

Fordham
November 8th, 2007, 04:18 PM

You think I/we could forget that? DF, you post it every single day - how could we forget it? Further, I and other Fordham fans have never complained about your posts, yet the moment that the slightest bit of frustration is expressed when you take an AP story that is 99.9% about Fordham and make the focus of it Dayton-centric, you lump us in with everyone who's been giving you crap here for a while. I guess all of that 'trying to respectful' to a team that beat you stuff went for naught.

Again, go to our board as well as all of your posts here and you'll see that you've gotten pretty much nothing but support and encouragement from Fordham fans ... me included. You've been warmly welcomed on our board and never had Fordham fans here lash out at you for consistently reminding everyone how pleased you've been that you beat us.

The article was about FORDHAM!!!! You would think that you would have at least had the class to have put that in your thread title.

I actually used to have a soft spot for Dayton football. You've seen me defend you and them on here since I've always felt that many of the comments directed toward the program were similar to what PL fans took umbrage with in the past. Kudos on drilling that inclination out of me, DF. If that wasn't your intention, you've gone about things the wrong way here (and elsewhere, judging by your reputation).

Change that screen name to "School on Saturdays", DF.

DetroitFlyer
November 8th, 2007, 05:38 PM
So now I see.... You Fordham fans have not yet recovered from losing to Dayton.... For crying out loud for Forham fans to come on here and complain about not getting enough respect or national attention is a joke. Giive me a break.

PFL fans endure a constant barage as to how we are not worthy, we should be in Division III, there is no way one of our teams ever deserve a playoff bid and on and on.... I find an article where a national writer throws a bone to my Flyers and I have the nerve to point it out and you want me to feel bad because I did not worship the ground that Fordham walks on.... Wow, what a bunch of whiners! The only folks showing bad form on this thread are the folks hammering me, Dayton fans and San Diego fans.

I have supported Fordham all season, except for the Dayton game of course, and I will be supporting Fordham throughout the playoffs. Frankly, you should be ashamed of yourselves for being so whiney and complaining about a scrap thrown the Flyers way!

USDFAN_55
November 8th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I don't think many posters in here would say a PFL team will never deserve a play-off selection. Many just say that with the way we schedule we will never deserve a play-off selection, which unfortunately is true. The PFL teams don't have the luxury of relying on an AQ bid (such as the PL teams do), so they must prove themselves in the few OOC games they have. As a whole the PFL OOC schedule is very weak. The tough teams on the schedules are few and far between. As soon as a team from the PFL schedules at least 3 legitimate FCS teams and wins, they will never get a shot at the play-offs (unless the play-offs are expanded to 24). Drake had a chance this year to be a serious consideration the first part of the year. Had they been more competetive against UNI, and won the rest of their games they may have been considered. Had Albany only lost to Montana, we would be talking about them having a shot. I would love nothing more than to see a PFL team in the play-offs, but I would like to think that they earned it by going out and winning a tough schedule. The only thing we as fans and alumni of the PFL schools can do is push our ADs and coaches into scheduling tougher teams. I know I'm pushing for more GWFC and BSC teams on the schedule for San Diego.

JoltinJoe
November 8th, 2007, 06:12 PM
You know, my father taught me that when I win, I say "nice game, thanks" and when I lose, I say, "Congratulations."

I have never whined about the Dayton loss, nor has Fordham. In fact, while others have questioned Dayton, we have not. I did that because I don't make excuses. Knowing Fordham, I expect that he did so for the same reasons. The game was played on September 22 and you won. Anything else is just excuses.

So I think it's unfair for you to say we are whining. That's just not right. I can't understand why you don't see that there's a distinction between whining about losing a game and pointing out that the title of this thread is misleading.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see a national wire story about Fordham football today. I intended to post it here only to discover that you had already done so under a Dayton title.

A good percentage of this board will now never read this article because they are just going to blow past it, believing it will be just another thread hyping Dayton for an at-large bid. Since that point has been debated over and over again, I doubt many people here have an interest in discussing it anymore.

flyenhigh
November 8th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Dayton fans are worse than San Diego fans. Much worse. I thought that Dayton beating San Diego would be a good thing but I was wrong, very, very wrong.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

flyenhigh
November 8th, 2007, 06:27 PM
You know, my father taught me that when I win, I say "nice game, thanks" and when I lose, I say, "Congratulations."

I have never whined about the Dayton loss, nor has Fordham. In fact, while others have questioned Dayton, we have not. I did that because I don't make excuses. Knowing Fordham, I expect that he did so for the same reasons. The game was played on September 22 and you won. Anything else is just excuses.

So I think it's unfair for you to say we are whining. That's just not right. I can't understand why you don't see that there's a distinction between whining about losing a game and pointing out that the title of this thread is misleading.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see a national wire story about Fordham football today. I intended to post it here only to discover that you had already done so under a Dayton title.

A good percentage of this board will now never read this article because they are just going to blow past it, believing it will be just another thread hyping Dayton for an at-large bid. Since that point has been debated over and over again, I doubt many people here have an interest in discussing it anymore.

I agree.

OLPOP
November 8th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Interesting that Albany fans don't behave like DF.

Zoo
November 8th, 2007, 07:26 PM
It's not an ESPN article.

It's an associated press article on the ESPN website.

No wonder their giving FCS teams props. xlolx

ESPN would never do that at all, they'll just call them D-II.

Seawolf97
November 8th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Fordham had a great season and I hope they go deep in the playoff rounds. Hopefully we can travel up to the Bronx and play the Rams one of these seasonsxthumbsupx

joecooll6
November 8th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I have a lot of respect for Fordham and their fans now.

JoltinJoe
November 9th, 2007, 05:41 AM
Cool article. Congrats to Fordham....nice to see your name in lights!

Thanks.

We're off this week. And then the final week of the season the news will be about the other teams filling out the playoff brackets.

And then the following week, we'll be probably be paired against one of the four top seeds in a first-round game.

In other words, this may be a small window for Fordham fans to savor what has been a remarkable season and turnaround before we turn our attention to the difficult tests ahead of us.

We may never win a national title. But Fordham football has far too much tradition to be a consistently mediocre program. I hope we can maintain the program at the level where our kids have a meaningful chance to have a fun season -- for the team, the coaches, the students, the fans -- every year.

DetroitFlyer
November 9th, 2007, 07:08 AM

Joe:

Let me refresh your memory..... The thread on the Fordham board after the Flyers defeated Fordham was titled "Embarassing". Not exactly what I would call acknowledging the Flyers as a great football team....

As for the article, you must not be too worried about folks not reading it, as you have not posted it in another thread with a title to your liking.

JoltinJoe
November 9th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Joe:

Let me refresh your memory..... The thread on the Fordham board after the Flyers defeated Fordham was titled "Embarassing". Not exactly what I would call acknowledging the Flyers as a great football team....

As for the article, you must not be too worried about folks not reading it, as you have not posted it in another thread with a title to your liking.

The poster who started that thread was called out by many other posters, myself included, if you recall. There was a lot of credit thrown to Dayton in that thread, notwithstanding the unfortunate title written by the first poster.

I'm not about to re-post an article that you already posted.

I've said my two cents. The last time Fordham had a national news wire feature about its football team was nearly five years ago, after we beat Northeastern in the first round of the playoffs.

xpeacex

DetroitFlyer
November 9th, 2007, 07:31 AM
OK, let's make sure that the Rams take care of business in the first round this year, and then we will surely have at least one article by the national press, ( probably more )! I will even promise to not post it here first so that one of the Fordham fans can post it, ( with the title of your choice ), and I will also promise to not mention the Flyers in the thread.... OK, maybe I should couch that a bit, I will try not to mention the Flyers, ( you know, that narcissism thing and all ):D

JoltinJoe
November 9th, 2007, 08:04 AM
You know, I took another look at that thread and found that the poster was not calling the loss to Dayton "embarassing" but rather was referring to his belief that we did not show up to play "until the fourth quarter."

I know, DF, you are trying to showcase Dayton football to many on this board who have never seen the Flyers play. So I thought I might share some of the comments made by Fordham observers about the Dayton team:

Their QB killed us....he just kept scrambling and scrambling and we barely put a hit on him all day.

Our O-line lost its battle with the Dayton D-line...we couldn't run the ball and didn't give Skelton enough time.

I think we probably have some issue with the officiating here but let's also give some credit to Dayton. In some adverse weather conditions during the first half, the Flyers managed to hold on to the ball and move down the field when our guys kept letting the wet ball slip out of their hands.
I was impressed with Dayton as well, particularly in the first half and particularly the ability of their quarterback to scramble out of trouble. They also seemed to be a very disciplined team, I don't recall them taking too many penalties and we didn't face the same kind of stupid, on-field taunting that we have faced at times with other teams. I think they got in trouble when they started going away from what worked for them offensively.

this is a good team ,dayton, and it was a good match-up. i was a masella detractor last year but really, this fordham team has improved drastically in just one year. look at the upside, we killed columbia and upset rhode island. we have a freshman star at tailback and a sophomore qb who has a whole bunch of starts already under his belt. we will be right there in the mix in patriot league. things are very much better in just one year. if we have a home and home with dayton next year, dayton may be a ranked team.
But give Dayton some credit...they impressed me as a well coached club and the one thing that really jumped out at me was their tackling...they stuck and wrapped and our guys got very few yards after contact.

And most importantly:

dayton fans were polite and good sports.. at lest the few i drank with after the game.

Must have been someone else. :p

DetroitFlyer
November 9th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Thanks! I could not have done it better myself, and frankly, if I did it, no one would probably believe it anyway!xsmiley_wix

The comment that caught my attention, and the one I shared with Coach Kelly was:

"and we didn't face the same kind of stupid, on-field taunting that we have faced at times with other teams."

You better believe that I am proud of my Flyers, on the field, off the field, in the classroom and in the community. I do not think many other programs are as well run overall in any division of college football.xthumbsupx

GannonFan
November 9th, 2007, 10:10 AM

Tsk, tsk, tsk, DF. Great article about Fordham football, and there are plenty of classy Fordham posters on this board, and you besmirch it with a continued rant about lack of respect that we could've read in any other 100 some threads on which it's discussed. You gotta pick the time and the place to do that, and this clearly wasn't one of those spots. Kudos to the Fordham people for treating this with as much restraint as they have. xpeacex

Seahawks Fan
November 9th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Tsk, tsk, tsk, DF. Great article about Fordham football, and there are plenty of classy Fordham posters on this board, and you besmirch it with a continued rant about lack of respect that we could've read in any other 100 some threads on which it's discussed. You gotta pick the time and the place to do that, and this clearly wasn't one of those spots. Kudos to the Fordham people for treating this with as much restraint as they have. xpeacex

The Fordham posters have a lot of class. Good luck to them in the playoffs.

joecooll6
November 9th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Joe:

Man youre touchey.

flyenhigh
November 10th, 2007, 09:34 AM
You know, I took another look at that thread and found that the poster was not calling the loss to Dayton "embarassing" but rather was referring to his belief that we did not show up to play "until the fourth quarter."

I know, DF, you are trying to showcase Dayton football to many on this board who have never seen the Flyers play. So I thought I might share some of the comments made by Fordham observers about the Dayton team:

Their QB killed us....he just kept scrambling and scrambling and we barely put a hit on him all day.

Our O-line lost its battle with the Dayton D-line...we couldn't run the ball and didn't give Skelton enough time.

I think we probably have some issue with the officiating here but let's also give some credit to Dayton. In some adverse weather conditions during the first half, the Flyers managed to hold on to the ball and move down the field when our guys kept letting the wet ball slip out of their hands.
I was impressed with Dayton as well, particularly in the first half and particularly the ability of their quarterback to scramble out of trouble. They also seemed to be a very disciplined team, I don't recall them taking too many penalties and we didn't face the same kind of stupid, on-field taunting that we have faced at times with other teams. I think they got in trouble when they started going away from what worked for them offensively.

this is a good team ,dayton, and it was a good match-up. i was a masella detractor last year but really, this fordham team has improved drastically in just one year. look at the upside, we killed columbia and upset rhode island. we have a freshman star at tailback and a sophomore qb who has a whole bunch of starts already under his belt. we will be right there in the mix in patriot league. things are very much better in just one year. if we have a home and home with dayton next year, dayton may be a ranked team.
But give Dayton some credit...they impressed me as a well coached club and the one thing that really jumped out at me was their tackling...they stuck and wrapped and our guys got very few yards after contact.

And most importantly:

dayton fans were polite and good sports.. at lest the few i drank with after the game.

Must have been someone else. :p

This show respect and class, qualities that are not prevalent much on this board. xbowx