PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State vs. Eastern Illinois (Sept 17)

tanagriz
September 9th, 2005, 09:47 AM
:) Okay, I've been immersed in Grizzly football for so long that I haven't really gone to any other games in well, forever. My grandfather played for EIU back in the 40's. He passed away last year and apparently the university sent him two free tickets for next week's game (the "Hall of Fame" game). My parents both went to ISU so they're going. As my boyfriend and I had already planned on heading down there for the weekend we'll be going to the game as well.

Anyone know anything about Eastern Illinois or Illinois State this year? Anyone gonna be at the game? Who should I be watching for player wise specifically?

We're headed to the Northen Illinois/Northwestern game this weekend courtesy of Sports Illustrated, but I gotta admit, I'm far more excited about the I-AA matchup. :) :) :) I'm even thinking I might be able to talk my folks into letting me wear Grandpa's old football jersey.

Cocky
September 9th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Should be a close game between intrastate rivals.

This is part of the Gate/OVC series, which I believe the OVC won their first game last week. The series has been going on for a couple of years.

It would be an honor to get to wear your Grandfather jersey, but be very careful and don't spill any beer.

tanagriz
September 9th, 2005, 10:05 AM
True that on not spilling beer. The thing is old old old. I have pictures of him in it with a leather helmet. And pictures of him in it after the game where his teeth got kicked out. hee.

If not, I'll be wearing my Griz gear. Because well, I'm a loyal alum! ;)

Cocky
September 9th, 2005, 11:53 AM
True that on not spilling beer. The thing is old old old. I have pictures of him in it with a leather helmet. And pictures of him in it after the game where his teeth got kicked out. hee.

If not, I'll be wearing my Griz gear. Because well, I'm a loyal alum! ;)

If you can post some pictures that would be great. It would make you a great avatar even if it isn't the Griz