PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions-11/10

JALMOND
November 8th, 2007, 01:35 AM
So what exactly are all of us playing for. Montana cannot lose the title, EWU is the only team left with any kind of shot at an at large, the rest of us will be home for Thanksgiving. I tell you what we're all playing for and that is PRIDE! A good sendoff for all the rest of us to put closure on this year and look to next year. With that, this week's predictions. So far for the year I am at 42-13, so I need a good week this week and next. Here are this weeks games...

UM @ ISU---Congrats Griz on winning the conference title and clinching a spot in the playoffs. May you represent the conference proudly. But don't overlook this pesky bunch of Bengals, who are playing good football lately. Good, but not great...UM 35, ISU 20.

MSU @ PSU---Have the Cats found the offense yet? Can they rely on the defense to once again keep them in the game against the Vikings? One thing is for sure, the Viking offense has shown an ability to score against even the toughest defenses (Montana and Weber State). No need to doubt they can in this game...PSU 34, MSU 17.

Sac State @ UNC---Hornets have been unable to play a complete game all year. The Bears have been rejuvinated since their win over Montana State. This game has become more interesting than even two weeks ago. Who wants to get out of the cellar?...Sac State 18, UNC 16.

Fort Lewis @ WSU---Guess what, the Wildcats have found an offense. Too bad they found it in late October instead of late September. Still, lately nothing has slowed down the offense and its hard to fathom DII Fort Lewis could. They will have their hands full with that Wildcat defense...WSU 49, Fort Lewis 7.

and the conference game of the week...

EWU @ NAU---Two highly explosive offenses playing indoors. Both the Eagles and Jacks are pretty similar, but the Eagles are still playing for consideration for an at large bid, whereas the Jacks are just playing for pride. Sometimes, that's the best way to play, but then again, sometimes its easier when a goal is in sight. One thing, an old fashioned shootout in store again...EWU 49, NAU 45.

Shellin
November 8th, 2007, 03:06 AM
All pretty solid picks, I personally think that UNC did turn the corner (at least partially) in their last two games against MSU and EWU and the momentum from them will be enough to pull out a home victory over Sac State, 21-17 UNC.

appfan2008
November 8th, 2007, 09:38 AM
if nau wins... wouldnt that knock ewu out of contention for the playoffs and give the bsc only one team?

GOKATS
November 8th, 2007, 10:31 AM
if nau wins... wouldnt that knock ewu out of contention for the playoffs and give the bsc only one team?

Yep, but my guess is the griz will be the only BSC playoff team this year no matter who wins.

Ronbo
November 8th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Yep, but my guess is the griz will be the only BSC playoff team this year no matter who wins.

An 8-3 EWU team with two of the losses to BYU and Montana gets in. Heck you guys got in last year at 7-4.

mtgrizfan4life
November 8th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I will be pulling for EWU to win out. The BSC needs 2 teams, and EWU would be a good representative too. They are fun to watch at least, and very young. They will be tough the next 3 years.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 8th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I watched EWU play BYU down here in Provo. I was rooting for the Eagles, they played with BYU for the first half. If the QB for EWU wouldn't have thrown the pick on their first series, it would have been a very even game the first half. BYU is a pretty good team this year, even though the final score looked very lopsided, I think EWU gave a good accounting of themsleves. I think the size of BYU just got to them in the second half, the running backs for BYU are huge and run over a lot of people, their line is huge and much older than most teams. I'd love to see EWU in the playoffs and if they win out, it would be a huge injustice for them not to make the playoffs.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 8th, 2007, 11:59 AM
I'm going for EWU to be in the playoffs and knock someone off in the first round

already123
November 8th, 2007, 01:09 PM
NAU beats EWU by 100, raises eyebrows, slides in the backdoor and plays McNeese for a 2003 1st round rematch!xthumbsupx

Peems
November 8th, 2007, 01:41 PM
NAU beats EWU by 100, raises eyebrows, slides in the backdoor and plays McNeese for a 2003 1st round rematch!xthumbsupx

Even if that happened you wouldn't get in the playoffs. It is impossible for you to reach seven D1 wins. Let it go...

Also of note the last time the Big Sky did not have two teams in the playoffs was 1998

already123
November 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I guess your right. Well I guess we'll have to make it 2007

JALMOND
November 10th, 2007, 09:57 PM
So what exactly are all of us playing for. Montana cannot lose the title, EWU is the only team left with any kind of shot at an at large, the rest of us will be home for Thanksgiving. I tell you what we're all playing for and that is PRIDE! A good sendoff for all the rest of us to put closure on this year and look to next year. With that, this week's predictions. So far for the year I am at 42-13, so I need a good week this week and next. Here are this weeks games...

UM @ ISU---Congrats Griz on winning the conference title and clinching a spot in the playoffs. May you represent the conference proudly. But don't overlook this pesky bunch of Bengals, who are playing good football lately. Good, but not great...UM 35, ISU 20.

MSU @ PSU---Have the Cats found the offense yet? Can they rely on the defense to once again keep them in the game against the Vikings? One thing is for sure, the Viking offense has shown an ability to score against even the toughest defenses (Montana and Weber State). No need to doubt they can in this game...PSU 34, MSU 17.

Sac State @ UNC---Hornets have been unable to play a complete game all year. The Bears have been rejuvinated since their win over Montana State. This game has become more interesting than even two weeks ago. Who wants to get out of the cellar?...Sac State 18, UNC 16.

Fort Lewis @ WSU---Guess what, the Wildcats have found an offense. Too bad they found it in late October instead of late September. Still, lately nothing has slowed down the offense and its hard to fathom DII Fort Lewis could. They will have their hands full with that Wildcat defense...WSU 49, Fort Lewis 7.

and the conference game of the week...

EWU @ NAU---Two highly explosive offenses playing indoors. Both the Eagles and Jacks are pretty similar, but the Eagles are still playing for consideration for an at large bid, whereas the Jacks are just playing for pride. Sometimes, that's the best way to play, but then again, sometimes its easier when a goal is in sight. One thing, an old fashioned shootout in store again...EWU 49, NAU 45.

Looks like a 4-1 weekend (damn Vikings). The Hornets came through, tho (thank you Hornets!). Makes my record at 46-14 for the year. Not too bad. Pretty close on the Weber State game and the Sac State/UNC game as well. Said the Bengals were good, but not great and I think they showed that against the Griz. Also predicted a shootout in Flagstaff and EWU scored the points. Just didn't see the PSU/MSU game turn out right. Maybe some homer bias got in the way of reason.