PDA

View Full Version : Friday Playoff Game - Available?

89Hen
November 7th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Mods, please leave this on the discussion page as I want the answers of football posters.

Do you/will you have to go to work/class the day after Thanksgiving?

LehighFan11
November 7th, 2007, 05:17 PM
No but i doubt ill be home and most likely wont be able to watch the game at 130

Grizaholic17
November 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Mods, please leave this on the discussion page as I want the answers of football posters.

Do you/will you have to go to work/class the day after Thanksgiving?

Yeah, I'll be home. Except I will be in Missoula getting ready for the gamexsmiley_wix

montanafan
November 7th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I'll be home. Except I will be in Missoula getting ready for the gamexsmiley_wix

I hear ya brother. I will be at the Game Saturday. I was told by the powers to be that we are guaranteed a home game even if we lose the next two (not going to lose but have to say it). My source who I will keep confidential is a person who has the power to make that statement.

xrulesx xrulesx

Syntax Error
November 7th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I hear ya brother. I will be at the Game Saturday. I was told by the powers to be that we are guaranteed a home game even if we lose the next two (not going to lose but have to say it). My source who I will keep confidential is a person who has the power to make that statement.

xrulesx xrulesxxlolx Like who thinks Montana won't have a first round home game? xlolx

Grizzaholic
November 7th, 2007, 05:37 PM

xrulesx xrulesx

If we lose the next two games we will be a travelin' team! With our weak schedule we will have to atleast beat the bobcats just for a possibility of a seed, let alone home games.

Didn't mean to Hijack the thread.

Grizaholic17
November 7th, 2007, 05:37 PM

xrulesx xrulesx

Well, it's been that way for a long time. If we win the big sky, we are pretty much guaranteed a home game...sorry everyone.

montanafan
November 7th, 2007, 05:39 PM
If we lose the next two games we will be a travelin' team! With our weak schedule we will have to atleast beat the bobcats just for a possibility of a seed, let alone home games.

Nope, we will have a home game for the first round. I know for a fact.

Syntax Error
November 7th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Well, it's been that way for a long time. If we win the big sky..........Didn't you already do that? You have the AQ!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 7th, 2007, 05:48 PM

You don't know what you are talking about here holic. If we end up 9-2 we still have the AQ which doesn't even matter but there will be twelve teams unseeded at that point which we would be and would have a home game due to the fact that we would bid high enough to get a home game.

bobbythekidd
November 7th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I voted yes, but if things work out I won't have to stay long and can make the game. This is dependent on hosting the game, of course.

Hansel
November 7th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I will be "birding" in beautiful ND :)

blur2005
November 7th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I'll be back in time to see a night game on Friday as I'm coming back to Charlottesville to see UVA beat Virginia Tech.

LehighFan11
November 7th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I'll be back in time to see a night game on Friday as I'm coming back to Charlottesville to see UVA beat Virginia Tech.

they have to get past miami this week first :)

appfan2008
November 7th, 2007, 11:04 PM
i answered no but that doesnt mean i will be able to make it back up to boone... i would be able to though on saturday... i hate this friday game thing

SeattleGriz
November 8th, 2007, 12:37 AM
I have work, but if Montana is playing on Friday, I will take the day off and drive the 500 miles to Missoula to see it first hand.

uofmman1122
November 8th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Won't have class, but I'll be back in Billings watching the first round game on TV. Did the same thing last year when we played McNeese St.

OhioHen
November 8th, 2007, 06:18 AM
No work for me, no school for the teenagers. My wife has to work.

The males in the household are fully prepared to make the 10 hour drive each way to attend DSU at UD if that's the Friday game. A Saturday game in Newark would allow us to drive part way Friday morning, watch the FCS game somewhere enroute, and finish the trip in the evening.

LacesOut
November 8th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I'm off work, so I'll be at the game if one is played in Newark.

appfan2008
November 8th, 2007, 09:32 AM
No work for me, no school for the teenagers. My wife has to work.

The males in the household are fully prepared to make the 10 hour drive each way to attend DSU at UD if that's the Friday game. A Saturday game in Newark would allow us to drive part way Friday morning, watch the FCS game somewhere enroute, and finish the trip in the evening.

now that is commitment!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2007, 09:33 AM
If Friday afternoon is DSU at UD, I will probably have to force myself to find a way to see history being made in Newark. May even try to convince my wife and son to come too.

Grizzaholic
November 8th, 2007, 11:15 AM
You don't know what you are talking about here holic. If we end up 9-2 we still have the AQ which doesn't even matter but there will be twelve teams unseeded at that point which we would be and would have a home game due to the fact that we would bid high enough to get a home game.

That is true, I now that I reread my post from yesterday I am beginning to wonder what it is that I was drinking yesterday afternoon.

GannonFan
November 8th, 2007, 11:31 AM
I'm good for either, and I'll be at the Tub regardless of which day it's on. Kinda would like it to be the Friday game, then I get to have the whole weekend at home with the kids (and of course watching other games on TV). Heck, might even start getting the Christmas lights up (although I wouldn't turn them on for at least a week - electricity's expensive this year! )

Purple For Life
November 8th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I work, but from 10-4 so unless it's a day game, I'm going to be free in the evening.

HI54UNI
November 8th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I'm supposed to work on Friday but I take a vacay take every year. My wife has to work on Saturday so grandma's gonna be watching the kids so I can go to the game.

joecooll6
November 8th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Dont worry, it wont be at UNI.

Eaglesrus
November 9th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Mine is a two person department. As of Wednesday, 11/14, there'll be three of us. I have already taken 6 days off during this season, so I'm letting my assistant be off that Friday, and I'm not comfortable having a new employee of one week here by herself, so no, if the Eagles are in a day game on Friday I won't be there or even see it on television.

McTailGator
November 9th, 2007, 08:23 AM
McNeese fans will be pissed if we get a Friday game.

High school playoffs, holiday shopping, work for some, and last but not least. It will totally screw us out of about 30 hours of tailgating. (;