PDA

View Full Version : Wofford

Lumberjacks76
September 9th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Wofford struggled to put away Georgetown (KY) 34-24. Now they face West Virginia. How will they fair? The Terriers were 8-3 last season and probably should have made the playoffs.

Paul

dungeonjoe
September 9th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Wofford has some holes to fill in the backfield from last year, and graduation took two outstanding offensive linemen. Collier came out throwing the ball last week but his completetion percentage left a lot to be desired. A lot of how the team does this year depends on how the newcomers step up. In 2003, there were just as many questions but great players stepped out of the shadows.

The record was there last year, but injuries left the terriers struggling to win some games that should have won easily. If they had made the playoffs, I don't think they would have made it far with such stiff competition.

Wofford will have to go through the SoCon schedule with one or two losses and no losses to the remaining OOC I-AA if they are to make the playoffs this year.

I have hopes for a good performance against WVA, it will be certainly a shakedown test for the rest of 2005.

Pard94
September 9th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Look out for little Tavani on Wofford's team. He has Leopard in his blood (dad coaches Lafayette)...that makes him dangerous!

OL FU
September 9th, 2005, 07:37 AM
How badly did West Virgina beat JMU last year? :eek:

Lumberjacks76
September 9th, 2005, 08:01 AM
45-10, but that's not too bad. West Virginia was 8-4 last year, losing to Florida State in a bowl game.

Paul

OL FU
September 9th, 2005, 08:04 AM
45-10, but that's not too bad. West Virginia was 8-4 last year, losing to Florida State in a bowl game.

Paul

I hope not but I suggest Wofford will fair worse than JMU last year.

Lumberjacks76
September 9th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Probably. West Virginia might RUTS.

Paul

OL FU
September 9th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Probably. West Virginia might RUTS.

Paul

RUTS = run up the score?

Eagle_77
September 9th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Wofford has some holes to fill in the backfield from last year, and graduation took two outstanding offensive linemen. Collier came out throwing the ball last week but his completetion percentage left a lot to be desired. A lot of how the team does this year depends on how the newcomers step up. In 2003, there were just as many questions but great players stepped out of the shadows.

The record was there last year, but injuries left the terriers struggling to win some games that should have won easily. If they had made the playoffs, I don't think they would have made it far with such stiff competition.

Wofford will have to go through the SoCon schedule with one or two losses and no losses to the remaining OOC I-AA if they are to make the playoffs this year.

I have hopes for a good performance against WVA, it will be certainly a shakedown test for the rest of 2005.

I think that loosing to the Big 3 by a combined score of 127-55 keep you guys out of the playoffs. I think that if you would have had the same record but beat one of those teams you might have gotten in.

blueballs
September 9th, 2005, 10:42 AM
This game is a zero for Wofford as far as football goes. They will certainly get smashed probably badly. There is a pot of gold at the end of the whipping though and with that payoff comes the worry that none of their best players gets hurt.

Woford's big game, and their measuring stick, comes next weekend when they host GSU.

WoffordAdam
September 10th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Wofford-7
West Virginia-35

I'm proud of my terriers, as Gabriel Jackson, our leading rusher was out of this game with a hamstring injury.

BlackSaturday
September 10th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Listening to the game on the radio and a WoCo player was taken off on a stretcher...any word how he is?

windwalker
September 10th, 2005, 09:35 PM
but they opted for the money...

so Coastal gto the chance to beat james Madsion 31 -27

Go Chants!!!!

dungeonjoe
September 11th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Listening to the game on the radio and a WoCo player was taken off on a stretcher...any word how he is?

Bad concussion; he is kept in hospital overnight for observation.