PDA

View Full Version : SME's new brackets....

putter
November 6th, 2007, 06:22 PM
http://www.smebroadcasting.com/fcsbrackets.html

Ray moved Montana to #2 seed
Ralph moved Delaware to #2 seed

LehighFan11
November 6th, 2007, 06:32 PM
I tend to agree with alot of those matchups. At this point i would have both UNH and Wofford in. Think we are on a crash course for that JMU v App St game. I hope they get matched up because that would be a great ESPN showcase game.

MSU_77
November 6th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Truth be told, I'd much rather McNeese play @ Montana in the semis than @ Delaware, if those were the only two choices.

But, that's getting way, way ahead of ourselves.

putter
November 6th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Either way, look that the #2 seeds. If either won their first round game the potential 2nd round game of UD/App-JMU or UM/App-JMU...WOW!

MaroonMafia
November 6th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I like Ray's bracket a lot!!!

Did anyone else read this:

Ralph's Thoughts
While this weekend narrowed down the
field considerably, it also clouded the
bubble teams even more. With a win this
week I think Eastern Washington would
finally jump into the playoffs. Hardest part
was the last seed between App State and
Montana. At-Large home games awarded
based on attendance average. ASU has
the RPI, SoS, quality wins but UM is a
conference champ. I think the committee
is really going to be tested on philosophy
this year and whether the Big Sky's down
year hurt's Montana's seeding will be one
thing to look out for..

??? I guess SIU is below App now...

joecooll6
November 6th, 2007, 07:00 PM
What did App do to warrent being ahead of SIU and almost ahead of Montana. I thought it was a given that Montana would get at least the 3 seed if they went undefeated.

strike00
November 6th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Ralph has always had SIU as one of the last teams in up until this bracket. I have a feeling it would take alot of losses by other teams for hims to consider SIU for a seed. xrolleyesx

Even though I think Delaware deserves the 4th seed at the moment, you at least have to have SIU in the discussion.

SeattleGriz
November 6th, 2007, 07:01 PM
What did App do to warrent being ahead of SIU and almost ahead of Montana. I thought it was a given that Montana would get at least the 3 seed if they went undefeated.

C'mon dude. They beat Michigan...and then lost to two conference mates.

joecooll6
November 6th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I guess the question is is this what he thinks will really happen or what he thinks should happen. If its the latter then it makes more sense.

Khan4Cats
November 6th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Why isn't McNeese marked as an Auto-bid?

APPST '93
November 6th, 2007, 07:15 PM

We beat Michigan!

The two conference games we lost because AE was starting after injuries (very rusty). A healthy AE will cause problems for all defenses.

Griz40
November 6th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Either way, look that the #2 seeds. If either won their first round game the potential 2nd round game of UD/App-JMU or UM/App-JMU...WOW!

I have to agree with both sets of these games....WOW!

McNeese_beat
November 6th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Why isn't McNeese marked as an Auto-bid?

Probably because they don't realize Central Arkansas can't get the autobid...UCA can still share (or outright win) the championship with a win over McNeese Nov. 17. But if McNeese finishes second it still gets the autobid because UCA can't have it.

FCSFAN
November 7th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Probably because they don't realize Central Arkansas can't get the autobid...UCA can still share (or outright win) the championship with a win over McNeese Nov. 17. But if McNeese finishes second it still gets the autobid because UCA can't have it.these are stony brook radio guys right? looks like it too. what does csn and sports network say? at least they are national.

McNeese_beat
November 7th, 2007, 01:34 AM
these are stony brook radio guys right? looks like it too. what does csn and sports network say? at least they are national.

I do imagine that CSN and Sports Network know...all you have to do is look on the SLC websitexreadx

FCSFAN
November 7th, 2007, 01:38 AM
xlmaox

KiddBrewer
November 7th, 2007, 04:53 AM
possible game at montana second round (POSSIBLE)....i guess its true that once youre on the plane, anywhere is far game..

FCS Preview
November 7th, 2007, 05:47 AM
So Eastern Washington, with a worse record than Hofstra, PLUS a non D-I win, deserves a spot over Hofstra? EWU is (5-3) right now in games that count; Hofstra is (7-2). Not to mention EWU's #31 in the GPI.

Using just the GPI you would have:

Northern Iowa
McNeese St
Delaware
Appalachian St
S Illinois
Richmond
Massachusetts
Montana
James Madison
Georgia Southern
Wofford
New Hampshire
E Kentucky
Fordham
Del State

With Elon and Hofstra battling for the last spot. Yes, 5/6 spots from the CAA; 3/4 from the SoCon; 2 Gateway and 1 from all the rest.

appfan2008
November 7th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Not a fan of a jmu first round game... i have also seen the possibility of app playing eku... would much rather see that take place

DetroitFlyer
November 7th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Typical, Old Guard, drivel. Neither has Dayton even on the radar, and I see Holy Cross mentioned....

Zero cred in my book!

The Moody1
November 7th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Typical, Old Guard, drivel. Neither has Dayton even on the radar, and I see Holy Cross mentioned....

Zero cred in my book!

Unfortunately for you, this is the same "drivel" you will see on selection Sunday.:D

The Moody1
November 7th, 2007, 08:18 AM
From Ralph's thoughts, ". ASU has
conference champ".

Earth to Ralph, if ASU wins out they will be a conference champ as well.xthumbsupx

appfan2008
November 7th, 2007, 08:29 AM
From Ralph's thoughts, ". ASU has
conference champ".

Earth to Ralph, if ASU wins out they will be a conference champ as well.xthumbsupx

yes we would be a conference champion but we wouldnt be an auto qualifier

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I find it extremely interesting that my "formula" picks from "The CSN Way" and CSN Waves (http://iaawaves.libsyn.com/) come up with very different results. For example, one of theirs has five CAA teams in it, and both of them have Elon and JMU in theirs as well. Mine has three teams in it that they don't even mention.

Will be interesting to see whose is closer to the real picks.

AshevilleApp
November 7th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Apps win over Michigan is weighing HEAVILY on its GPI due to the fact that Michigan bounced back and now sits 8-2. You had to figure one conference loss with the strength of the Southern at the beginning of the season. A 10-1 App team would be a shoe-in for a seed. The one extra loss should knock App out of seed but not very far. I could handle the Wofford loss becaus but the Southern game really tripped us up...damn Eagles.

Wondering if the selection committee takes into account a fully healthy Edwards when it comes time to place App

Houndawg
November 7th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Apps win over Michigan is weighing HEAVILY on its GPI due to the fact that Michigan bounced back and now sits 8-2. You had to figure one conference loss with the strength of the Southern at the beginning of the season. A 10-1 App team would be a shoe-in for a seed. The one extra loss should knock App out of seed but not very far. I could handle the Wofford loss becaus but the Southern game really tripped us up...damn Eagles.

Wondering if the selection committee takes into account a fully healthy Edwards when it comes time to place App

Michigan is 8-2 with two OOC losses, one to an FCS team. Sounds to me like the BIG 10 is soft, and the loss is not weighing very HEAVILY in UM's GPI. This isn't meant as smack, amigo, just pointing out the old "statistics are like bikinis" adage.

89Hen
November 7th, 2007, 09:44 AM
I'm not even going to bother looking at them, these guys have zero credibility in my book based on their earlier projections. They obviously don't know much about I-AA. These are the same guys who vote in the SME poll that still has multiple votes for Hampton. xcoffeex xpeacex

Houndawg
November 7th, 2007, 09:46 AM
I'm not even going to bother looking at them, these guys have zero credibility in my book based on their earlier projections. They obviously don't know much about I-AA. These are the same guys who vote in the SME poll that still has multiple votes for Hampton. xcoffeex xpeacex

I think Ralph is off his meds.

HofstraFB
November 7th, 2007, 11:16 AM
these are stony brook radio guys right? looks like it too. what does csn and sports network say? at least they are national.

I think its rather funny that you continue to knock something that you don't even listen to. If I am not mistaken, they mentioned this on last weeks show. They are only listing the conference winners. I assume that since McNeese has not won the conference they can not be called "Conference Winner". If you listened to the show you would have known that, and if you did not listen you shouldn't be making those comments. SME has been better than expected to most fans and they bring a high level of media coverage to the FCS.

Syntax Error
November 7th, 2007, 03:14 PM
You should have just ask yourself.Why, when we have you around? You're not fooling anyone. xnodx

MaroonMafia
November 7th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Wow is all I have to say.

Syntax Error
November 7th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Do you disagree?

MaroonMafia
November 7th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Let's not play this game SE.

UNHWildCats
November 7th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I sent SME a reply on the CS board. This was their answer:

That should clear up the misunderstanding. ;)
They are very good with getting back to you. You should have just ask yourself.
Thats the m ost lame pathetic response I have ever read. MCNEESE HAS CLINCHED THE AUTO BID thats all that matters. THEY DONT NEED TO WIN THEW SOUTHLAND to get the auto bif BECAUSE CENTRAL ARKANSAS ISNT ELIGIBLE!

Syntax Error
November 7th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Let's not play this game SE.What game? He has posted this stuff on other boards and I'm not the only one to say he is a SME guy. Look it up. Nothing wrong with that but let's not represent something else. We weren't born yesterday.

Mod55
November 7th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Stop this right now. There's nothing wrong with posting SME brackets and please keep your speculation to yourself and respond to AGS members, not to who you think they are.