Here we go…

CCSU at Stony Brook

Albany at Monmouth

Sacred Heart at Robert Morris

St. Francis at Wagner

BobbyMo
November 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM
CCSU at Stony Brook
I figure a close game, but have to pick the current NEC member.

Albany at Monmouth
Part one of the upset picks. Albany should win, but Monmouth seems to have figured some things out. Ill take the Hawks at home.

I am nervous about this game, RMU although in a free fall, should be able to win this game. Go Colonials.

St. Francis at Wagner
This pick is really off the wall, and just a feeling i had while i was typing up the games.

aceinthehole
November 6th, 2007, 05:38 PM
CCSU at Stony Brook - I want to take Central in a close game, but SBU is coming of a bye, so the odds-maker in me won't be a homer, but I won't be shocked if the Blue Devils win.

Albany at Monmouth - Somewhat of a trap game for the Danes. MU is playing very well and Albany's season,and the GIC bid, really rest on the following week.

Sacred Heart at Robert Morris - No good reason to think RMU is going to put it together this week, even against an underachieving SHU team.

St. Francis at Wagner - Seahawks continue an amazing NEC turnaround.

seahawkfan2007
November 6th, 2007, 07:27 PM
CCSU @ Stony Brook: Close call. CCSU by nose. CCSU 20-17
Albany @ Monmouth: Monmouth has turned the ship but Albany's LB's and secondary won't give much ground. Albany 24-10
SHU @ RMU: RMU's O has really struggled and SHU can score points. Just a feeling that RMU's pride wins this one at home. RMU 27-21
St. Francis @ Wagner: Jason Butler is on a roll and Wagner's D has been sound all year. Unless Wagner makes mistakes they should control this one. Wagner 31-14

WWII
November 6th, 2007, 07:36 PM
CCSU at Stony Brook week off and at home

Albany at Monmouth Just because I'm a dane fan

St. Francis at Wagner

Seawolf97
November 6th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Have to be a Homer - week off, home game -last home game for the seniors-etc SBU 27 CCSU 14

rmutv
November 6th, 2007, 08:45 PM
CCSU at Stony Brook
Albany at Monmouth
St. Francis at Wagner

I'm going to do a homer pick here and hope the Colonials end on a semi-positive note. I'll predict a big day for Mario Hines, who shook off a shoulder injury to return in a partial role last week versus Albany. Final game for perhaps the most electrifying player the Colonials have had since Tyjuan Massey, and Hines has a much better work ethic and intelligence level than Massey.

flyenhigh
November 6th, 2007, 08:49 PM
CCSU at Stony Brook

Albany at Monmouth

St. Francis at Wagner

Seahawks Fan
November 7th, 2007, 07:33 AM
CCSU at Stony Brook

Albany at Monmouth Going with the upset.

Sacred Heart at Robert Morris Both of these teams having a down year.

St. Francis at Wagner Wagner goes to 7-3. Nice season.

Seahawks Fan
November 7th, 2007, 07:41 AM
St. Francis at Wagner
This pick is really off the wall, and just a feeling i had while i was typing up the games.

You don't have any money on this game, do you? :)

BobbyMo
November 7th, 2007, 08:39 AM
You don't have any money on this game, do you? :)

NO NO NO, about the most i would put on that is a beer xnodx

danefan
November 7th, 2007, 08:51 AM
CCSU at Stony Brook...I wasn't really impressed with CCSU when I watched the Monmouth game.

Albany at Monmouth....Sorry guys. Monmouth has definitly turned around for the better, but Albany is head-and-shoulders above the NEC this year. I say be three TD's, but like always I have my fresh crow ready just in case.

Sacred Heart at Robert Morris....too a trip for a bad SHU team to make any noise.

St. Francis at Wagner....Wagner is actually good.

danefan
November 7th, 2007, 08:51 AM
NO NO NO, about the most i would put on that is a beer xnodx

That's alcohol abuse to waste a beer on that lousy bet.

BobbyMo
November 7th, 2007, 09:23 AM
That's alcohol abuse to waste a beer on that lousy bet.

A beer is the best bet, because even the loser gets to buy one for himself. Everyone wins xlolx

Hey you Albany guys, if Albany wins and is in the Gridiron Classic you making the trip? If it is at Dayton I think i may go and support the NEC xthumbsupx

Seahawks Fan
November 7th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Unlike last week, there are actually some interesting contests this week. IMO, except for the Wagner game, the others are all up for grabs. I agree Albany is better than Monmouth, but the Hawks are coming on and it is a home game. My preference is for Albany to go all the way as they are the best representative in the GIC.

Calif_Colonial
November 7th, 2007, 02:48 PM
CCSU @ Stony Brook I am going with the Blue Devils, looking for an upset with the road NEC team.

UAlbany @ Monmouth This should be a good one. It could go either way. RMU did sack Vinnie 7 times last week but the Danes are a running team.

Sacred Heart @ Robert Morris I am going with the Homer pick xwhistlex I am hoping that this being the Seniors last game that they will pull it through for a victory.

St. Francis @ Wagner The Green Machine rolls on for a good showing in the NEC for 2007 xthumbsupx

JMG1MON
November 7th, 2007, 06:03 PM
CCSU at Stony Brook NEC Homer pick!!!

Albany at Monmouth HOMER PICK ALERT!!!!!!!!! Monmouth wins in a close one!!!

SHU at RMU Yawner of the week 1!! Sacred Heart is pretty bad. RMU should win this one easily.

SFPA at Wagner Yawner of the week 2!! Does

danefan
November 7th, 2007, 06:17 PM
A beer is the best bet, because even the loser gets to buy one for himself. Everyone wins xlolx

Hey you Albany guys, if Albany wins and is in the Gridiron Classic you making the trip? If it is at Dayton I think i may go and support the NEC xthumbsupx

Doesn't look like I'll be making the trip. I'll be in Albany for that weekend for our big cross-town rivalry Bball game.
Bad scheduling luck xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

I will however be watching the GIC (no matter what teams are in it) at the Across the Street Pub, which is our resident Albany athletics pub....and yes, it's across the street from campus.

Dane96
November 8th, 2007, 12:14 AM
HELL YES...Danefan...we will be drinking that day....what a long day it COULD be.

1pm- Hopefully Albany vs. PFL rep in GIC.
5pm- The Albany GRRRRREAAAT (Women's) Danes vs. the Siena St. Byotches.
8pm- The Albany GRRRRREAAAT Danes vs. the Siena 'Aints

The 8pm game will have anywhere from 10-14k fans in the Times Union Center.

11pm- Roll out to where ever our drunk asses are allowed in.

2am- Hack guts

3am- Last wing order at the fountain

415am- Wait on line at Dirty Dan's for an Emmy Bull Burger (oh yeah baby...1lb beef, lots of cheese, sunny side egg to top it) w/ fries and a fountain pepsi.

515am- Pauly's Hotel for Graveyard shift happy hour (Scotch 1/2 off)

6:30am- Hack guts

645am- Lights out and ibuprofen w/ plenty of water.

2pm- Wake up for the second half throttling of my JETS--- begin to drink again to ease the pain...bloody mary's with a beer!

8pm- Designated driver gets us back to Boston/NYC!

danefan
November 8th, 2007, 09:35 AM
mmmmm.......i can taste the emmy bull now............

Seahawks Fan
November 8th, 2007, 09:58 AM
http://www.saranac.com/familybrands/images/UC.jpg

Dane96
November 8th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Only good when you get to the finish line of the UTICA ROAD RACE:

Kenyans have the oranges and waters....we pound a few boilermakers!

Then again, they finish in world class time!

Seawolf97
November 10th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Where did all the NEC guys go? Congratulations to Albany on solid win this afternoon. I suspect you will have the NEC Crown by this time next Saturday.

BobbyMo
November 10th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I am here, enjoying a rare RMU win with some Iron City :) Congrats to the Wolves with a impressive win. Wish you guys would have hung around in the NEC.

Seawolf97
November 10th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I am here, enjoying a rare RMU win with some Iron City :) Congrats to the Wolves with a impressive win. Wish you guys would have hung around in the NEC.

Thanks ! Wish more people came out for the game . Only 1832 showed up for Senior Day. I mean it was chilly but dry and sunny . xsmhx

BobbyMo
November 10th, 2007, 07:41 PM
RMU senior day as well today. I think we had a pretty good turnout for our little stadium. Probably around 2500-3k. Not great compared to the big boys, but not bad for a team that lost 5 in a row.

Seawolf97
November 10th, 2007, 09:11 PM
RMU senior day as well today. I think we had a pretty good turnout for our little stadium. Probably around 2500-3k. Not great compared to the big boys, but not bad for a team that lost 5 in a row.

I hope you guys bounce back in 2008. You gave us a whipping last year in the rain. I see Bryant won their conference today-beating Bently. D Grecco is probably out celebrating right now. They will be a good addition to the NEC . SBU travels to Elon next week. Hopefully we can win 4 in row-but they are tough.

rmutv
November 10th, 2007, 10:30 PM

Official attendance: 1368

The only occasion that there's 2500-3000 is when they pull the extra seating around in the back of the one endzone. Usually for Duquesne games.

It was a very exciting game on an overcast, somewhat dreary day. It got pretty dark at one point around 2:00-2:30, looked like it was going to snow, but nothing happened.

NFL Films was following around John Steilner, a senior center, for a special that they're doing on players wanting to become coaches at some point. Steilner's followed a similar path to a handful of other players.

Good day for RMU - football, both hockey teams, and men's basketball all win.

BobbyMo
November 11th, 2007, 09:10 AM
WOW, i am suprised that attendance was so low. Seemed like the stands were more full, but i understand your point with the extra bleachers.

Happy to see Hockey and B-ball won as well.

downbythebeach
November 11th, 2007, 11:04 AM
So who won the SFU v. Wagner game?

Seawolf97
November 11th, 2007, 12:28 PM
St Francis 23 -20

Seahawks Fan
November 12th, 2007, 08:35 AM
St Francis 23 -20

Seahawks very inconsistent this year. Congrats to St. Francis.