18. Hofstra 267
19. Elon 170
20. Youngstown St. 145
21. Eastern Washington 135
22. Eastern Illinois 86
23. Fordham 79
24. Western Illinois 77
25. Dayton 52
Others receiving votes (points in parentheses): Norfolk St. (52), Alabama A&M (44), Cal Poly (40), San Diego (34), Harvard (26), Villanova (20), Northern Arizona (19), Jackson St. (16), Jacksonville St. (13), Southern (12), South Dakota St. (9), Central Arkansas (7), Nicholls St. (7), South Carolina St. (6), Alabama St. (5), Furman (5), Iona (3), The Citadel (3), Albany (1), Holy Cross (1), Liberty (1).

Dane96
November 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM
How these f'in coaches have IONA...IONA...I SAID IONA...ahead of HOLY CROSS, ALBANY, and the CITADEL...is a ****ing joke.

I spit on the coaches poll.

danefan
November 5th, 2007, 02:06 PM

That just made me laugh out loud at my desk.

Thunderstruck84
November 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM
How these f'in coaches have IONA...IONA...I SAID IONA...ahead of HOLY CROSS, ALBANY, and the CITADEL...is a ****ing joke.

Wow, calm down. You're talking about teams with 3 and 1 point(s) in the poll. Every team you mentioned has the same ranking which is NR. If they would only show teams that are put on multiple ballots (like the AGS poll does with 5 ballots) you wouldn't even see most or all of those teams.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 5th, 2007, 02:18 PM
But it's still funny!!! Thanks for the laugh! :)

Dane96
November 5th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Thunderstruck...I dont care if it is HALF a VOTE. There are three coaches-- THREE in FCS that believe IONA is better than all three of those teams.

I would guess, being polite, that IONA would be 17 pt underdogs at gametime to ALL of those teams.

Impolite: those three teams wax IONA by 35 plus.

If the coaches can't get that right...look at the rest. The fact that San Diego is getting as many votes as it is when they seemingly have forgotten to play defense against Dayton and Davidson...is incredible as well.

Harvard? Are you kidding?! I have watched them in person...and they aren't very good at all.

DetroitFlyer
November 5th, 2007, 02:27 PM
How about those Dayton Flyers cracking the top 25 in yet another poll!xthumbsupx

Dane96
November 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah...another f'd up poll.

AZGrizFan
November 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Thunderstruck...I dont care if it is HALF a VOTE. There are three coaches-- THREE in FCS that believe IONA is better than all three of those teams.

I would guess, being polite, that IONA would be 17 pt underdogs at gametime to ALL of those teams.

Impolite: those three teams wax IONA by 35 plus.

If the coaches can't get that right...look at the rest. The fact that San Diego is getting as many votes as it is when they seemingly have forgotten to play defense against Dayton and Davidson...is incredible as well.

Harvard? Are you kidding?! I have watched them in person...and they aren't very good at all.

Wow. I don't think I've EVER seen anyone get so worked up about the ORV's section of the poll.... xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xcoffeex

Dane96
November 5th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Nah...I am just worked up over Dayton...and I have kept my tongue for awhile. They play no one...and get respect.

Instead of our RIDICULOUS FULL CAA SLATE next year, maybe Albany will schedule RPI, Union, St. Lawrence, Marist, and Iona....and we can get into the Top 25.

The Iona thing is just a stupid addition to the Dayton thing.

Dayton and San Diego get more bull**** respect for playing NOBODY!

Barnstormer
November 5th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Do coaches even vote in the poll? They are always so busy and focused on their own games and don't really pay attention to what goes on around the country. Don't they usually just give it to some assistant to fill out?

bluehenbillk
November 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM
You Albany guys need to go to your nearest bar & have a drink, you're getting way too worked up for teams 25 & below. As an AGS pollster I can tell you a lot of people don't give below 20 a lot of thought.

danefan
November 5th, 2007, 02:52 PM
We're not really getting that worked up. haha.
No for real though, if we had something better to do at work, we probably wouldn't really care. Actually, I take it back, if DetroitFlyer didn't spew his Dayton propoganda on here as much, I probably wouldn't care.

Dane96
November 5th, 2007, 03:00 PM
You Albany guys need to go to your nearest bar & have a drink, you're getting way too worked up for teams 25 & below. As an AGS pollster I can tell you a lot of people don't give below 20 a lot of thought.

Ummm...well gee...I guess I am not a pollster now. Are you for real? HEY EVERYONE...BILL IS THE POLLSTER GURU!!! Any questions...ask BILL.

xnonox

Dane96
November 5th, 2007, 03:01 PM
We're not really getting that worked up. haha.
No for real though, if we had something better to do at work, we probably wouldn't really care. Actually, I take it back, if DetroitFlyer didn't spew his Dayton propoganda on here as much, I probably wouldn't care.

BINGO!xthumbsupx My head starts hurting when the Dayton propaganda starts brewing before my coffee.
xrotatehx

FargoBison
November 5th, 2007, 03:03 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

montanafan
November 5th, 2007, 03:11 PM
BINGO!xthumbsupx My head starts hurting when the Dayton propaganda starts brewing before my coffee.
xrotatehx

Hey Dane96, you guys are number one in my book. :D :D :D

Dane96
November 5th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Hey Dane96, you guys are number one in my book. :D :D :D

Much appreciated. Love those Montana peeps: Great fans, great stadium, hot women, and awesome hunting and fishing!!!

Sensibilty as well!

montanafan
November 5th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Much appreciated. Love those Montana peeps: Great fans, great stadium, hot women, and awesome hunting and fishing!!!

Sensibilty as well!

Going hunting this weekend.

Uncle Buck
November 5th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Good laugh Albany, i'm with you as well.

Dane96
November 5th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Going hunting this weekend.

I hate you! KIDDING...just jealous! We had a family member who was a scoundrel, and sold our 200 acres in Delaware Cty, New York (land looked like Montana) behind our backs!

Haven't hunted since that date (Fall 2001) because I don't trust the "City Yahoos" (irony...I grew up in the City) who show up with f'd up clothing...and bazookas for guns.

I try to tell them....30.06 (I prefer a 30-30 or a .308) is the biggest you need...and a small dressing knife...not a Croc Dundee "NOY-FH".

My dad and I are trying to plan a trip to Montana if we can scrounge up the huge $$$ it costs!

At least I went out in style...tracking a doe 2 1/2 miles to put her out of her misery because some loser wounded her and didnt track her!

montanafan
November 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I hate you! KIDDING...just jealous! We had a family member who was a scoundrel, and sold our 200 acres in Delaware Cty, New York (land looked like Montana) behind our backs!

Haven't hunted since that date (Fall 2001) because I don't trust the "City Yahoos" (irony...I grew up in the City) who show up with f'd up clothing...and bazookas for guns.

I try to tell them....30.06 (I prefer a 30-30 or a .308) is the biggest you need...and a small dressing knife...not a Croc Dundee "NOY-FH".

My dad and I are trying to plan a trip to Montana if we can scrounge up the huge $$$ it costs!

At least I went out in style...tracking a doe 2 1/2 miles to put her out of her misery because some loser wounded her and didnt track her!

Come out to Missoula. There are lots of people that love to hunt and would be willing to take someone out hunting just so they had the excuss to go. I shoot a 280 rem and carry a small 4 inch buck knife and some rope. That's all you need.

Dane96
November 5th, 2007, 03:35 PM
.280 is nice...I shot that once! You are the type of hunter we enjoy! I carry the 30-30 Marlin (we have lots of brush...so a knockdown bush gun is best) and use a .308 for "Big Woods." Carry 5 bullets in the gun...and 3 for "emergency" (e.g. lost in the woods---3 shots for emergency). A small 4-inch knife as well, a rope, a candy bar, matches, and a compass (stars don't work so well to navigate in a white out). Also, with the average wind-chil going to -17 and our mountain at 4500 feet, I carry hand warmers (I know...wuss).

Don't need much more than that....but good scouting and no cases of "buck fever."

montanafan
November 5th, 2007, 03:42 PM
.280 is nice...I shot that once! You are the type of hunter we enjoy! I carry the 30-30 Marlin (we have lots of brush...so a knockdown bush gun is best) and use a .308 for "Big Woods." Carry 5 bullets in the gun...and 3 for "emergency" (e.g. lost in the woods---3 shots for emergency). A small 4-inch knife as well, a rope, a candy bar, matches, and a compass (stars don't work so well to navigate in a white out). Also, with the average wind-chil going to -17 and our mountain at 4500 feet, I carry hand warmers (I know...wuss).

Don't need much more than that....but good scouting and no cases of "buck fever."

My Bad. Like you I carry extra stuff like a two-way/GPS unit, candy bars (usually 2), extra food, about one liter of water and a survival kit for those storms that come in. We hunt about 6,000 to 8,500 feet and yes I too carry with me hand warmers for those chilly sub zero days. Unlike you we have mountains that have the phraze steep and deep in mind. And to get to some of the big boys you will need to look at those hills and say yes to yourself and go.

FormerPokeCenter
November 5th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Nah...I am just worked up over Dayton...and I have kept my tongue for awhile. They play no one...and get respect.

Instead of our RIDICULOUS FULL CAA SLATE next year, maybe Albany will schedule RPI, Union, St. Lawrence, Marist, and Iona....and we can get into the Top 25.

Okay, but tell us how you REALLY feel????

mcveyrl
November 5th, 2007, 04:18 PM

According to the current polls, you would at best go 4-1 in that OOC schedule...:p

danefan
November 5th, 2007, 04:35 PM
According to the current polls, you would at best go 4-1 in that OOC schedule...:p

HAHAHAH

GO GAELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xlolx xlolx

JBB
November 5th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Obviously the bottom of poll isnt without its critics, but they have it right at the top!! xthumbsupx

phillyAPP
November 5th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Wow. I don't think I've EVER seen anyone get so worked up about the ORV's section of the poll.... xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xcoffeex

I thought it was a bit high strung. Made me laugh.

and i am with you " let the CitDog out" He just needs a little dog training. Is there a AGS citDog whisperer?
xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

Tilldog40
November 5th, 2007, 06:14 PM
UNH with 3 confrence losses is a joke.