19. Eastern Illinois 6-3
20. Youngstown St. 6-4
21. Elon 6-3
22. Cal Poly 6-3
23. Eastern Washington 6-3
24. Fordham 8-2
25. Western Illinois 6-4

Dropped out: The Citadel (24)

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Norfolk St. (29), South Dakota St. (23), Dayton (22), The Citadel (13), Holy Cross (11), Northern Arizona (9), Alabama A&M (8), Villanova (8), Jacksonville St. (7), San Diego (7), Harvard (6), Liberty (5)

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Georgia Southern
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Massachusetts

bluehenbillk
November 5th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Interesting that UNH loses to a bad N'Eastern team & JMU loses to UD, both have same records & JMU beat UNH straight up but UNH is ranked higher.

YSU at #20?? Cmon mods, you guys need to look at these ballots!

JMUSaxMRD
November 5th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Interesting that UNH loses to a bad N'Eastern team & JMU loses to UD, both have same records & JMU beat UNH straight up but UNH is ranked higher.

Quoted for Truth

danefan
November 5th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Still not sure what people's justification is for voting Dayton into the top 25 but not Albany.

Dayton and Albany have very similar decent wins.

Now, some may say well Dayton only has one loss and Albany has three. Correct but lets compare, shall we:

Albany Losses: Colgate, Montana (#4) and Hofstra (#18).
Dayton Loss: Morehead

Now, IMO, the Colgate and Morehead losses sort of cancel each other out.

What's that you say? Albany still has two more losses than Dayton?
What to do with the Montana and Hofstra losses for Albany?

Competitive losses to Montana and Hofstra bode better in my book then Dayton's wins against Urbana and Central State.

JUST TO BE CLEAR:
I do not think Albany is a top 25 team. I would put them at about 27 or 28. However, I do not think that Dayton is a top 25 team either. I would also have them around the 27 or 28 mark as well. I just wonder what the 22 voters who have Dayton in their top 25 are basing their voting on.

andy7171
November 5th, 2007, 12:41 PM

JMU has lost two in a row. I suspect they fell behind UNH last week when the Wildcats were on a 4 game win streak.

AZGrizFan
November 5th, 2007, 12:42 PM

It's not the mods, but I get your point, and here's why: I was in a PM discussion regarding my #25 team, as I was struggling to find 25 teams that I felt deserved to be ranked. THen, when I go back and look at my ballot, THERE'S NO UNH ON MY BALLOT! xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Ratfart!

Committee, can we fix this? Or is it too late once the poll is posted? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

:o :o :o :o xmadx xmadx xmadx

No_Skill
November 5th, 2007, 12:44 PM

What's the point of having a poll if ballots are vetoed? Might just as well have Ralph post his picks as the AGS "poll".

ChickenMan
November 5th, 2007, 12:45 PM
too low...

GSU
JMU

too high..

SIU
YSU
Del St

Ivytalk
November 5th, 2007, 12:45 PM
It's not the mods, but I get your point, and here's why: I was in a PM discussion regarding my #25 team, as I was struggling to find 25 teams that I felt deserved to be ranked. THen, when I go back and look at my ballot, THERE'S NO UNH ON MY BALLOT! xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Ratfart!

Committee, can we fix this? Or is it too late once the poll is posted? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

I sympathize, AZGF. I was giving my poll a final pre-submission proof when I saw that I'd left Wofford out altogether!xeekx Had to go back in and fix it! Phew!:p

AGSPoll
November 5th, 2007, 12:46 PM

Ratfart!

Sorry, no. Based on your recent previous placement of UNH it was not illogical that you would have not had them in your Top 25 after the loss this week.

GannonFan
November 5th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Sorry, no. Based on your recent previous placement of UNH it was not illogical that you would have not had them in your Top 25 after the loss this week.

Geez, AZ, where'd you have UNH before this week? xlolx xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan

Well, I'll just have to make a mental note. Apparently, it'll be a very SMALL note. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

slycat
too low...

GSU
JMU

too high..

SIU
YSU
Del St

jmu is not too low. they have 3 losses. yes they were to good teams but so think they are fine where they are if no to high.

OhioHen
November 5th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Cmon mods, you guys need to look at these ballots!

Not the mods doing the ballot checks, but I have had a ballot question come to me from agspoll when it was thought that my Top 25 too heavily supported a certain group of teams. I was requested to explain my reasoning and when my response was deemed adequate, my poll was approved.

The ballots are being checked (at least to some extent).

pantherfan
November 5th, 2007, 12:50 PM
too low...

GSU
JMU

too high..

SIU
YSU
Del St

How do you figure that a 1 loss SIU with their schedule is ranked too high at #5? YSU is down at #20 and that probably is pretty close. Just because the Gateway beats up on eachother does not mean that the schools are overrated.xcoffeex

HiHiYikas
November 5th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I've also been questioned by agspoll, and rightfully so. Then again, I just noticed that 2 weeks ago I had Georgetown instead of Georgia Southern in my top 25 and it slipped through approval. My bad.

I'm sure it's too much to keep up with...

AZGrizFan
November 5th, 2007, 12:51 PM
How do you figure that a 1 loss SIU with their schedule is ranked too high at #5? YSU is down at #20 and that probably is pretty close. Just because the Gateway beats up on eachother does not mean that the schools are overrated.xcoffeex

Newsflash: every conference beats up on each other.

bandl
November 5th, 2007, 12:52 PM

Quoted for Truth

Neither team took care of their own business, so at this point in the poll it's just semantics. They could be flip-flopped, but it's not as if we're talking about the 1 & 2 spots. xpeacex

ngineer
November 5th, 2007, 12:53 PM
]Interesting that UNH loses to a bad N'Eastern team & JMU loses to UD, both have same records & JMU beat UNH straight up but UNH is ranked higher[/B].

Very much agreed. JMU played the Hens as close as you can get and UNH gets skunked by a bad team...Makes no sense whatsoeverxsmhx

AZGrizFan
see your pm's....I can't admit it in public. :o :o :o

blukeys

Somewhere below Weber State and Northern Colorado!!!xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

JmuSkinsfan
November 5th, 2007, 12:54 PM
JMU's losses are to #6 Delaware at the Tub by 3 (despite having a -4 turnover margin) and to #9 Richmond by 1. And the other is to FCS UNC.

3 losses is a lot, so its hard to justify ranking them higher, but if they win the next two games (which they should) to finish 8-3, they should be in the playoffs. If they aren't, someone is smoking crack.

AGSPoll
November 5th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I've also been questioned by agspoll, and rightfully so. Then again, I just noticed that 2 weeks ago I had Georgetown instead of Georgia Southern in my top 25 and it slipped through approval. My bad.

I'm sure it's too much to keep up with...
We catch most of them, but some do slip through. :o

mlbowl
November 5th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Just because the Gateway beats up on each other does not mean that the schools are overrated.xcoffeex

Don't even try....that argument only applies to the CAAxrolleyesx

89Hen
November 5th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Don't even try....that argument only applies to the CAAxrolleyesx
And don't you forget it. :p

ChickenMan
November 5th, 2007, 12:58 PM

SIU is only one spot too high

SIU's best win is over a team with 4 loses and a FBS NIU who is 1-8.

UD has a win over #15 JMU and bowl bound FBS Navy

mlbowl
November 5th, 2007, 01:00 PM
JMU's losses are to #6 Delaware at the Tub by 3 (despite having a -4 turnover margin) and to #9 Richmond by 1. And the other is to FCS UNC.

Well....there's your problem...Northern Colorado not so good:p

mlbowl
November 5th, 2007, 01:02 PM
And don't you forget it. :p

It is etched in my brain foreverxnodx xlolx :D

Anovafan
November 5th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Crap, crap, I got busy this morning and forgot to vote. I didn't get that reminder email, where did that go?

D1B
November 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM
too low...

GSU
JMU

too high..

SIU
YSU
Del St

That's BS.xnottalkingx

GannonFan
November 5th, 2007, 01:15 PM

3 losses is a lot, so its hard to justify ranking them higher, but if they win the next two games (which they should) to finish 8-3, they should be in the playoffs. If they aren't, someone is smoking crack.

And yet if the committee decides not to go with 5 teams from the CAA JMU could be in real trouble. If Hofstra wins out and UMass beats UNH, you could see UD, Richmond, UMass, and Hofstra get in before JMU does, and being the 5th team from the conference could be a very real problem. I don't see the CAA get 4 of the 8 at large bids - 3 yes, but not 4.

bluehenbillk
November 5th, 2007, 01:17 PM
And yet if the committee decides not to go with 5 teams from the CAA JMU could be in real trouble. If Hofstra wins out and UMass beats UNH, you could see UD, Richmond, UMass, and Hofstra get in before JMU does, and being the 5th team from the conference could be a very real problem. I don't see the CAA get 4 of the 8 at large bids - 3 yes, but not 4.

The CAA will NOT, nor will any league merit 5 teams in the field of 16.

bluehenbillk
November 5th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Yes, I can be a homer but UD should be above SIU.

Thinking about it now, & I know I commented on it 1st with UNH & JMU, having played both teams if you asked me who is better I'd say UNH. (yes I know they played head-to-head)

GannonFan
November 5th, 2007, 01:23 PM
If UD and SIU both win out UD will still get the nod over SIU when it comes seeding time - being the CAA conference champ will give UD the boost over the #2 Gateway team. Still a big "if" for them both to win out, but it's hard to see it play out different than that.

JMU2004
November 5th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Yes, I can be a homer but UD should be above SIU.

Thinking about it now, & I know I commented on it 1st with UNH & JMU, having played both teams if you asked me who is better I'd say UNH. (yes I know they played head-to-head)

Solid logic there.....xconfusedx xnonox xlolx

JMU has pounded UNH two years running, so there is just NO WAY that they are the better team. It has been decided on the field, and the results are clear. Just be honest, you want the UNH loss to look better.

GannonFan
November 5th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Solid logic there.....xconfusedx xnonox xlolx

JMU has pounded UNH two years running, so there is just NO WAY that they are the better team. It has been decided on the field, and the results are clear. Just be honest, you want the UNH loss to look better.

Well, Landers could throw back when JMU beat UNH so that's changed. xlolx xlolx xlolx

I don't go with BHBK on this one - JMU has much better losses than UNH - I don't care what the weather was like, losing two years in a row to Northeastern is just not excusable - JMU's the better team (although it wasn't really a pounding this year - a little hyperbole there). xthumbsupx

DSUHornet
November 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
xlolx @ how hampton just fell off the map

ChickenMan
November 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
That's BS.xnottalkingx

do you any evidence to dispute these facts???

I'll be waiting... ;)

URMite
November 5th, 2007, 01:37 PM
The JMU/UNH discussion got me to wondering. How do you decide who is a better team as far as the poll or playoff selection is concerned?

A) Who you would expect or did win head to head?
B) Who you would expect to win against more of the playoff teams if they played them all?
C) Who you would expect to lose to fewer mediocre or worse teams if they played them all?

I have definitely seen where the choice between two teams would not be the same for A,B,&C.

URMite
November 5th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1B
That's BS.

do you any evidence to dispute these facts???

Quote:

I'll be waiting...

Well, I might dispute that JMU was voted #15 instead of #16xlolx , not that it changes your point

JmuSkinsfan
November 5th, 2007, 01:41 PM
You have to take into consideration that JMU was at full-strength when they beat UNH. I am not going to use injuries as an excuse for Saturday's loss, because I know you also had some guys out on defense...BUT

Landers' top 2 targets were out. L.C is a solid short threat and can get behind coverages deep, and Mike Caussin is Landers' main man across the middle, which was DEFINITELY something that was lacking yesterday for JMU.

In the end, having 4 turnovers to UD's 0 was the obvious deciding factor (aside from the refs on that no-call on what should have been a play that was blown dead), but do take into consideration that our passing game was without its' top 2 targets!

Ud1Hens
November 5th, 2007, 01:41 PM
The UD SIU argument is going to be irrelevant if both win out. UD would have wins over a bowl-bound Navy team, #16 JMU, and #9 Richmond. They would also be conference champs. All that points to a seed over SIU.

Ud1Hens
November 5th, 2007, 01:43 PM
You have to take into consideration that JMU was at full-strength when they beat UNH. I am not going to use injuries as an excuse for Saturday's loss, because I know you also had some guys out on defense...BUT

Landers' top 2 targets were out. L.C is a solid short threat and can get behind coverages deep, and Mike Caussin is Landers' main man across the middle, which was DEFINITELY something that was lacking yesterday for JMU.
In the end, having 4 turnovers to UD's 0 was the obvious deciding factor (aside from the refs on that no-call on what should have been a play that was blown dead), but do take into consideration that our passing game was without its' top 2 targets!

Didn't you just use injuries as an excuse?

JmuSkinsfan
November 5th, 2007, 01:45 PM
The JMU/UNH discussion got me to wondering. How do you decide who is a better team as far as the poll or playoff selection is concerned?

A) Who you would expect or did win head to head?
B) Who you would expect to win against more of the playoff teams if they played them all?
C) Who you would expect to lose to fewer mediocre or worse teams if they played them all?

I have definitely seen where the choice between two teams would not be the same for A,B,&C.

A) JMU won the head to head 41-27

B) I would have to say JMU. It really is a tossup, cause anything can happen, but JMU has played everyone tough this year aside from North Carolina.

C) Again, I'd have to say JMU. UNH has lost to Northeastern, JMU and Richmond. JMU has lost to North Carolina, Richmond and Delaware. When you break it down, it really comes down to who is a "better" loss....Northeastern or North Carolina. Easy answer: JMU

JmuSkinsfan
November 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Didn't you just use injuries as an excuse?

xnodx Guess I did. But instead of trying to make a case for yesterday's results, I was attempting to make a point that UD fans did not see a full strength JMU team yesterday, which is who played UNH when they were both full strength earlier in the year and pretty handily won that game 41-27..

UNHWildCats
November 5th, 2007, 01:50 PM
xnodx Guess I did. But instead of trying to make a case for yesterday's results, I was attempting to make a point that UD fans did not see a full strength JMU team yesterday, which is who played UNH when they were both full strength earlier in the year and pretty handily won that game 41-27..

UNH was without its top RB for most of the entire game. So to say both teams were full strength is innacurate

Ud1Hens
November 5th, 2007, 01:52 PM
JmuSkinsFan..I was just messing with you...I know JMU is far more dangerous w/ Baker and Halloman...If it comes down to JMU and UNH, you'd have to go with JMU. The head-to-head win and 3 understandable losses. You just better hope UNH doesn't beat UMASS or their resume may be a bit better, even with the head-to-head win.

UNHWildCats
November 5th, 2007, 01:53 PM

B) I would have to say JMU. It really is a tossup, cause anything can happen, but JMU has played everyone tough this year aside from North Carolina.

C) Again, I'd have to say JMU. UNH has lost to Northeastern, JMU and Richmond. JMU has lost to North Carolina, Richmond and Delaware. When you break it down, it really comes down to who is a "better" loss....Northeastern or North Carolina. Easy answer: JMU

And if UNH beats UMass they would have wins at Umass, at Marshall vs Delaware and at Hofstra.

JMU has wins vs UNH. Thats the only real quality win for them.

citdog
November 5th, 2007, 01:53 PM

WE WERE WITHOUT OUR PAYTON AWARD CANI QB DURAN LAWSON AND YOU DON'T HEAR ME CRYING. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ChickenMan
November 5th, 2007, 01:55 PM

You are correct.. at this time of theyear EVERYONE has players out due to injury. As for the passing game.. the JMU receivers weren't your biggest problem.. the QB was the problem as Landers had a very poor game throwing the ball. Randy Moss and TO wouldn't have helped much the way Landers was missing receivers.

JmuSkinsfan
November 5th, 2007, 01:58 PM
And if UNH beats UMass they would have wins at Umass, at Marshall vs Delaware and at Hofstra.

JMU has wins vs UNH. Thats the only real quality win for them.

I still think head to head should be the first go-to. After all isn't all that really matters? Who is better on the field? Looking at schedules is one thing, but head to head should be the ultimate indicator.

And JMU's two FCS losses were by a combined 4 points to teams with a combined record of 15-3...

I would also argue that the 35-7 trouncing of Villanova was a pretty quality win. And you certainly cannot discount wins AT Northeastern and AT URI, especially after this weekend...

UNH lost to Northeastern pretty handily. Granted, JMU didn't win by much and it was an ugly game, but we still beat them and you lost to them...

JmuSkinsfan
November 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM
WE WERE WITHOUT OUR PAYTON AWARD CANI QB DURAN LAWSON AND YOU DON'T HEAR ME CRYING. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Who said I was crying? I was simply trying to defend the argument that JMU is better than UNH and if both teams win out and go 8-3, JMU deserves to be taken ahead of UNH in the playoff picture. It won't be an argument though, because I don't think UNH can beat Umass.

And I'm pretty sure I'm not attacking UD fans and the game on Saturday. If I am I'm sorry...you guys won and thats all that matters. I'm just trying to make an argument for a potential re-match against the Hens in the playoffs...

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM

Wrong!

Who's 15 and who's 16 means nothing. Get over it.

UNH must win out.

JMU must win out.

Take care of that and everything else will take care of itself.

UNHWildCats
November 5th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I still think head to head should be the first go-to. After all isn't all that really matters? Who is better on the field? Looking at schedules is one thing, but head to head should be the ultimate indicator.

And JMU's two FCS losses were by a combined 4 points to teams with a combined record of 15-3...

I would also argue that the 35-7 trouncing of Villanova was a pretty quality win. And you certainly cannot discount wins AT Northeastern and AT URI, especially after this weekend...

UNH lost to Northeastern pretty handily. Granted, JMU didn't win by much and it was an ugly game, but we still beat them and you lost to them...

If both teams finish 8-3 and only 1 of them gets in, I guarantee you its UNH.

UNHWildCats
November 5th, 2007, 02:04 PM

I dont think you can call JMU's wins against URI and NE quality wins based on what happened this weekend. There were factors in those games that resulted in the final scores. moreso with the URI game.

mcveyrl
November 5th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Well, Landers could throw back when JMU beat UNH so that's changed. xlolx xlolx xlolx

You are correct.. at this time of theyear EVERYONE has players out due to injury. As for the passing game.. the JMU receivers weren't your biggest problem.. the QB was the problem as Landers had a very poor game throwing the ball. Randy Moss and TO wouldn't have helped much the way Landers was missing receivers.

I agree with both of these quotes. I actually alluded to it in the game thread. Landers was not good. Granted he was throwing different kinds of passes than he would if Baker and Caussin were there (Caussin gives us a great up the middle threat), but CM's right, Randy Moss and TO would've had some interesting "discussions" with Landers yesterday.

As far as UNH vs. JMU...IF UNH wins out, they HAVE to get the nod over the Dukes. They would've beaten UMass (on the road), Marshall (on the road), and UD. Plus, factor in that the game they lost to us was the first game of their season and it probably won't be as big of a factor.

That's why JMU fans have to pull for UMass on Saturday!

URMite
November 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM

I wasn't trying to start something and personally I have a hard time getting past head to head, that usually decides it for me.

But I was trying to get philosophical, and decide what is important.
As a completely different example, I've seen years where UR would lose to W&M 7 out of 10 but we would have a much higher chance of creating an upset against a better opponent and they would have a better chance of not being upset by a lesser one.
A lot of these games come down to matchups. That's why you see team #1 beats team #2, team #2 beats team #3, who then beats team #1. Another big factor is not all players are at full health for every game.

Last example, if team #1 beats team #2 by 31, but against common opponents team #1 5-3 and team #2 is 8-0 who is better?

JmuSkinsfan
November 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I agree with both of these quotes. I actually alluded to it in the game thread. Landers was not good. Granted he was throwing different kinds of passes than he would if Baker and Caussin were there (Caussin gives us a great up the middle threat), but CM's right, Randy Moss and TO would've had some interesting "discussions" with Landers yesterday.

As far as UNH vs. JMU...IF UNH wins out, they HAVE to get the nod over the Dukes. They would've beaten UMass (on the road), Marshall (on the road), and UD. Plus, factor in that the game they lost to us was the first game of their season and it probably won't be as big of a factor.

That's why JMU fans have to pull for UMass on Saturday!

Well if you assume that 4 teams get in right now from the CAA, I'd have to rank them like this.

1) UD
2) UMass
3) Richmond
4a) UNH
4b) JMU
6) Hofstra

I don't think Hofstra has a shot at going 9-2. At best they go 8-3, and that won't be enough to get them ahead of 8-3 JMU or UNH. Then again, if JMU loses one and UNH loses one and they both finish at 7-4, then Hofstra gets the nod at 8-3 or gets passed over all together and the CAA only gets 3 teams (which would be BS but what can you do)...

AZGrizFan
November 5th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Well if you assume that 4 teams get in right now from the CAA, I'd have to rank them like this.

1) UD
2) UMass
3) Richmond
4a) UNH
4b) JMU
6) Hofstra

I don't think Hofstra has a shot at going 9-2. At best they go 8-3, and that won't be enough to get them ahead of 8-3 JMU or UNH. Then again, if JMU loses one and UNH loses one and they both finish at 7-4, then Hofstra gets the nod at 8-3 or gets passed over all together and the CAA only gets 3 teams (which would be BS but what can you do)...

Why would that be BS? At 8-3 Hofstra has not a single signature win.

BigApp
November 5th, 2007, 02:15 PM

Ratfart!

I would imagine you would have received an inquiry if you were the ONLY person leaving them off. But it appears that you weren't alone in leaving UNH out, so you weren't asked about it.

AZGrizFan
November 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM
I would imagine you would have received an inquiry if you were the ONLY person leaving them off. But it appears that you weren't alone in leaving UNH out, so you weren't asked about it.

I'm not sure how a team that had won 4 straight and 6 of 7 in the CAA before last weekend could NOT be on someone's ballot....unless they're just stupid, like I apparently have been. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

ChickenMan
November 5th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I wasn't trying to start something and personally I have a hard time getting past head to head, that usually decides it for me.

But I was trying to get philosophical, and decide what is important.
As a completely different example, I've seen years where UR would lose to W&M 7 out of 10 but we would have a much higher chance of creating an upset against a better opponent and they would have a better chance of not being upset by a lesser one.
A lot of these games come down to matchups. That's why you see team #1 beats team #2, team #2 beats team #3, who then beats team #1. Another big factor is not all players are at full health for every game.

Last example, if team #1 beats team #2 by 31, but against common opponents team #1 5-3 and team #2 is 8-0 who is better?

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/news/archives/headache-thumb.jpg

:p

mcveyrl
November 5th, 2007, 02:21 PM

1) UD
2) UMass
3) Richmond
4a) UNH
4b) JMU
6) Hofstra

I agree that right now we're neck and neck with UNH, but if they win this weekend (and that's the only way this conversation is relevant) then they blow us away.

Thus, as several have pointed out, an 8-3 UNH gets in over an 8-3 JMU.

But one more loss for either and it's off to Crapsville for us!!

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 5th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure how a team that had won 4 straight and 6 of 7 in the CAA before last weekend could NOT be on someone's ballot....unless they're just stupid, like I apparently have been. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

So what you're saying is, had you checked your ballot more closely, UNH would be way ahead of JMU.xsmiley_wix

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Just funnin'xpeacex

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 5th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I agree that right now we're neck and neck with UNH, but if they win this weekend (and that's the only way this conversation is relevant) then they blow us away.

Thus, as several have pointed out, an 8-3 UNH gets in over an 8-3 JMU.

But one more loss for either and it's off to Crapsville for us!!

You got that right.xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

URMite
November 5th, 2007, 02:31 PM
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/news/archives/headache-thumb.jpg

:p

Ok, Ok, too many hypotheticals. How about "What's more important good wins, bad losses, or head to head?"

And you didn't need to show everyone my webcam while filling out my bracket! :o

AZGrizFan
November 5th, 2007, 02:33 PM
So what you're saying is, had you checked your ballot more closely, UNH would be way ahead of JMU.xsmiley_wix

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Just funnin'xpeacex

Depends what the definition of "is" is. xeyebrowx

GannonFan
November 5th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Something else to keep in mind regarding UNH, let's not forget the Santos factor - how much of an impact will having or not having Santos in the playoffs matter? Obviously it won't show up on any list of criteria, but I'd be worried being analyzed along with Santos and UNH as the last two teams fighting for one playoff spot.

Houndawg
November 5th, 2007, 06:44 PM
You are correct.. at this time of theyear EVERYONE has players out due to injury.

Exactly. Depth counts when discussing who is better. What I think will be interesting is if McNeese or Montana gets a loss late in the season.

appfan2008
November 5th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I dont have time to read all the way through this thread to know if this has already been talked about but... why did only 85 people vote?... are people getting tired late in the year?

BigApp
November 5th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I dont have time to read all the way through this thread to know if this has already been talked about but... why did only 85 people vote?... are people getting tired late in the year?

Since the beginning of the season, gotta figure at least 10-15 have been http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/banned.gif! another 5-10 suspended. 5 or so each week sick/vacation...

http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/noooooo.gif

JALMOND
November 5th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Yale a top 10 team? xconfusedx xnonono2x xnonox xoopsx

FargoBison
November 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Yale a top 10 team? xconfusedx xnonono2x xnonox xoopsx

#10 in my poll, I will say I don't have a clue how they would do against a top 15 team but I can't say the would lose after watching Umass and UNH lose to some bad teams.

ngineer
November 5th, 2007, 09:08 PM
#10 in my poll, I will say I don't have a clue how they would do against a top 15 team but I can't say the would lose after watching Umass and UNH lose to some bad teams.

I agree. I saw Yale in person and they are a very solid team. Not flashy, just good, solid football. They don't beat themselves and play smart. They can hold their own with the any of the top teams in the CAA.

PurpleandGold
November 6th, 2007, 07:20 AM
I dont think you can call JMU's wins against URI and NE quality wins based on what happened this weekend. There were factors in those games that resulted in the final scores. moreso with the URI game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't URI and Northeastern also play in bad weather this weekend and win? Weather can be an excuse for a lower than expected score, but not for losing. I hear the wind was throwing off the URI option, which is about all they have, and wasn't their starting QB out?

I agree that the committee will likely take an 8-3 UNH over an 8-3 JMU due to the Marshall win, but JMU did beat UNH and URI, period.

AGSPoll
November 6th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Numbers drop off every year. Most likely due to some fans losing interest as their team loses. Fans of teams that are unexpectedly winning usually aren't registered for voting at the start, so they can't join in to make up the difference. xpeacex

andy7171
November 6th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Numbers drop off every year. Most likely due to some fans losing interest as their team loses. Fans of teams that are unexpectedly winning usually aren't registered for voting at the start, so they can't join in to make up the difference. xpeacex

I'm the opposite. My team is going down the crapper quick, but since I'm voting in the poll, it gives me a reason to read the other scores and follow the other teams around the country more than if my team were sky high.