PDA

View Full Version : ASU Wish List

Saint3333
November 4th, 2007, 07:40 PM
1. Most importantly I want ASU to win out, at 9-2 we get at a minimum one home playoff game.

2. I figure that ASU would be ranked 6th for seeding behind UNI, McNeese, Montana, Delaware, and SIU. We need 2 of them to lose to get a seed.

3. I actually want Elon, Wofford, and GSU to win out. A known evil is better than an unknown. Plus if we met any of these teams in the playoffs the game would be in Boone or Nooga.

drpnut
November 4th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Saint3333

I'm a SoCon boy through and through and right now I'm conflicted.

On one hand I want my Wofford guys to win Sat, and Elon and GaSouth. to lose, that way we get the auto. But that would leave only 2 SoCon teams.

On the other hand, I would like to see at least 3-4 SoCon teams in and I would have to pull for all of us to win.

What to hope for? I'll be going over this in my mind all week.

P.S. I have yet see anyone address my first scenario with Elon and GaSouth losing and us winning at Chatty therefore securing the auto-bid.

ncman071
November 4th, 2007, 07:45 PM
i agree. i cant see us losing at home again this season espcecially knowing that if we win out, its a good chance we could get a 3 or 4 seed. I'd like to see Elon finish strong and make the playoffs. i dont want to play Wofford again although i think we would win if we can get our D line healthy.

Saint3333
November 4th, 2007, 07:54 PM
We need a lot of help to get a seed at this point IMO, even if we can go 9-2.

As for Wofford, if we meet again it would be in Boone, and there are 4-5 other likely playoff contenders I'm more wary of than them.

Baldy
November 4th, 2007, 08:28 PM
1. Most importantly I want ASU to win out, at 9-2 we get at a minimum one home playoff game.

2. I figure that ASU would be ranked 6th for seeding behind UNI, McNeese, Montana, Delaware, and SIU. We need 2 of them to lose to get a seed.

3. I actually want Elon, Wofford, and GSU to win out. A known evil is better than an unknown. Plus if we met any of these teams in the playoffs the game would be in Boone or Nooga.
As I said an another thread....A 9-2 GSU team will get a seed before App, because #1 We beat you, and #2 we beat the other team that beat you. Also, if there's a 2nd round game between GSU and App you would have to come to Statesboro to play.

Saint3333
November 4th, 2007, 08:35 PM
That is one opinion: if both are 9-2, it is not a given that GSU gets the seed...

However below are more likely situations:

1. I believe GSU will go 8-3 and therefore will not get a seed.
2. If both teams aren't seeds, ASU would outbid GSU if they are paired up in the playoffs. Why is this-because Charlie Cobb > Sam Baker.

Baldy
November 4th, 2007, 08:47 PM
That is one opinion: if both are 9-2, it is not a given that GSU gets the seed...

However below are more likely situations:

1. I believe GSU will go 8-3 and therefore will not get a seed.
2. If both teams aren't seeds, ASU would outbid GSU if they are paired up in the playoffs. Why is this-because Charlie Cobb > Sam Baker.
You're right its not a given, but if both finish 9-2 it's more likely that GSU will get a seed over App

1. I believe we will finish 9-2 and deserve a seed before App.
2. As you said, that is one opinion. Guess it depends who is willing to dig deeper into their pockets.

KiddBrewer
November 4th, 2007, 08:48 PM
You're right its not a given, but if both finish 9-2 it's more likely that GSU will get a seed over App

1. I believe we will finish 9-2 and deserve a seed before App.
2. As you said, that is one opinion. Guess it depends who is willing to dig deeper into their pockets.

both teams have deep football pockets too...