LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS

COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL

carney2
November 4th, 2007, 07:53 AM
COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN - No doubt rout No. 1. Colgate

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL - No doubt rout No. 2. Lehigh

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS - Some* doubt rout No. 3. Holy Cross

*If there's any chance at all of an actual football game breaking out somewhere in the Patriot League this weekend, this is it.

FORDHAM is on hiatus before closing out one of the greatest seasons in their modern history with everyone's favorite Patsy on November 17th. Then, on to Delaware, or UMass, or...

Pard4Life
November 4th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Congratulations to your 2007 Patriot League Champions..... the Fordham Rams?! xeyebrowx

Whoda thunk it in August, but this is truly a good team. I expect to see Fordham at Delaware following T-day.

ngineer
November 4th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Colgate should have an easy skate at Georgetown..But I always remember that Colgate/Georgetown game of 2003...The year they went to the NCAA Finals and barely escaped Washington..winning by a point, I think. If anything, our game should have helped the Hoyas in planning to 'control' Scott. You don't stop him forever. Still I expect Raiders 34-14.

Lehigh should have another rebound game with Bucknell as they did with Georgetown. Mountain Hawks are a highly frustrated group of players right now. I HOPE Coen decides to return to Threatt for the final two games and just 'let 'er rip'..I if Sedale is healthy we should have a convincing win. Lehigh, 38-17

How will Holy Cross react to their huge loss to Fordham?? Anyone's guess here on what shows up in Fitton. Win for 'pards cements a winning season. Cross can still be co-champs if Bucknell pulls the AGS next week. I will go with the Crusaders, but won't be surprised if Lafayette steals one here.
Holy Cross 32-24.

Ivytalk
November 4th, 2007, 07:14 PM
COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN - No doubt rout No. 1. Colgate

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL - No doubt rout No. 2. Lehigh

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS - Some* doubt rout No. 3. Holy Cross

*If there's any chance at all of an actual football game breaking out somewhere in the Patriot League this weekend, this is it.

FORDHAM is on hiatus before closing out one of the greatest seasons in their modern history with everyone's favorite Patsy on November 17th. Then, on to Delaware, or UMass, or...

Ditto!

Fordham
November 4th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Ditto!
Ditto his 'Ditto!"

Lafayette71
November 5th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Congratulations to Fordham on the league Championship. As Always I'll be pulling for the PL representative in the Playoffs.

My picks this week
Colgate
Lehigh
Holy Cross

I'll put this out there before DetroitFlyer. A week ago I said on another thread that if Fordham wins out and takes the PL title, that Dayton should get an at large provided they win out as well. I'll stand by my statement. If I had a vote, I'd give Dayton the nod over any PL team in the running for an at Large Bid, based on their win at Fordham, a team no other PL team could best this year.

I don't however have any say in the matter, so good luck.

breezy
November 5th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Tough week to look for "surprises" to improve one's position in the overall standings. The one game that I expect to be close is the Lafayette -- Holy Cross game, and I can't pick against my own team.

LAFAYETTE @ HOLY CROSS. Lafayette could win this game if the Cross has a letdown after last week's big showdown in the Bronx. I think Coach Gilmore will not let that happen. HOLY CROSS.

COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN. I'd love to see Georgetown win this game, but Colgate appears to be on a roll right now. COLGATE.

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL. Will Lehigh be looking ahead to the Lafayette game? Barring a complete letdown, Lehigh should have too much for the Bison. LEHIGH.

Congratulations once again to Fordham.

LeopardFan04
November 5th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Colgate
Lehigh
Lafayette

TheValleyRaider
November 5th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Lafayette at Holy Cross Holy Cross Crusaders can score, Leopards have some difficulties. Good D for the 'Pards, but HC outpaces them

Colgate at Georgetown Colgate I almost feel kind of bad making this pick, especially knowing it's LBPop's last game and all. But wait, Georgetown rejected me! So there, take that Hoyas!

Lehigh at Bucknell Lehigh This one I toyed with the upset, I really did. Lehigh looked like they had given up on their season once Colgate got ahead, while Bucknell is capable of moving the ball in spurts. Almost picked the upset here, but not really

ngineer
November 5th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Lafayette at Holy Cross Holy Cross Crusaders can score, Leopards have some difficulties. Good D for the 'Pards, but HC outpaces them

Colgate at Georgetown Colgate I almost feel kind of bad making this pick, especially knowing it's LBPop's last game and all. But wait, Georgetown rejected me! So there, take that Hoyas!

Lehigh at Bucknell Lehigh This one I toyed with the upset, I really did. Lehigh looked like they had given up on their season once Colgate got ahead, while Bucknell is capable of moving the ball in spurts. Almost picked the upset here, but not really

I find that a curious comment. Twice in the last six minutes Lehigh's D forced Colgate to punt; not allowing Scott to run out the clock. Twice Lehigh got the ball and moved it very well down into the red zone, only to turn it over and fail on a fourth down. Hardly looked like a quit to me...xconfusedx

TheValleyRaider
November 5th, 2007, 09:18 PM
I find that a curious comment. Twice in the last six minutes Lehigh's D forced Colgate to punt; not allowing Scott to run out the clock. Twice Lehigh got the ball and moved it very well down into the red zone, only to turn it over and fail on a fourth down. Hardly looked like a quit to me...xconfusedx

There was just something about that 2nd half that felt like Lehigh was playing out the string. Didn't really seem as into it as they had been earlier in the game. Just a feeling, really. Truly hard to say given I was only watching online, but the Lehigh TV guys seemed to be making similar comments. Just my observance xpeacex

ngineer
November 5th, 2007, 09:27 PM
There was just something about that 2nd half that felt like Lehigh was playing out the string. Didn't really seem as into it as they had been earlier in the game. Just a feeling, really. Truly hard to say given I was only watching online, but the Lehigh TV guys seemed to be making similar comments. Just my observance xpeacex

What you saw as not being 'into it' I saw as dysfunctional. The offense seemed confused at times and there were some key blown assignments that translated into turnovers and CU scores, but that is due to having some freshmen and sophs out there making mistakes, which is what freshmen and sophs are wont to do. Colgate played very well, and definitely out coached us. However, I felt the boys were playing hard until the end---unlike the debacle with Holy Cross where their heads were definitely someplace else.

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Lafayette at Holy Cross : In theory HC is playing for an at-large bid, though the PL strength of schedule won't help their cause. Crusaders are tough at home this year and should prevail.

Lehigh at Bucknell: I can't see Bucknell staying up with the Engineers, whose fan base seems to be grumbling about Coen the same way the Domers are grumbling over Charlie Weis. A win for Lehigh before the all-important Lafayette game.

Colgate at Georgetown: Nothing good to say about this season's finale, literally one field goal removed from an 0-10 record. (In fact, each of Georgetown' three wins in the last two seasons were by three points.) Hoyas have been outscored 122-21 in the first quarter this season and the 370 points in a season is a school record and up almost 100 points from last season.

Hard to see what Georgetown team shows up mentally after getting knocked off by a bad Marist team. The Hoyas have been outscored 98-21 in its last three with Colgate and Jordan Scott has put together some of his biggest yardage games against them. And to make matters worse, the Verizon Center folks scheduled the basketball home opener against this game, meaning no band, cheerleaders, or student section will be at the Colgate game Saturday. A poor way for the seniors to go out in this one.

TheValleyRaider
November 5th, 2007, 10:08 PM
What you saw as not being 'into it' I saw as dysfunctional. The offense seemed confused at times and there were some key blown assignments that translated into turnovers and CU scores, but that is due to having some freshmen and sophs out there making mistakes, which is what freshmen and sophs are wont to do. Colgate played very well, and definitely out coached us. However, I felt the boys were playing hard until the end---unlike the debacle with Holy Cross where their heads were definitely someplace else.

Fair enough, it was definately more of a personal observance on my part. You were there, and no doubt had a better feel for the game because of it. Colgate played well, but I definately felt Lehigh lost this game rather than the Raiders won it xtwocentsx

jdb037
November 6th, 2007, 08:48 AM
And to make matters worse, the Verizon Center folks scheduled the basketball home opener against this game, meaning no band, cheerleaders, or student section will be at the Colgate game Saturday. A poor way for the seniors to go out in this one.

Thats just awful on the part of the administration. I can't believe they would do such a thing to the seniors who have been so loyal to the program. They deserve better than that and so does LBPop. No wonder the program is so unsuccessful.

LBPop
November 6th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Colgate[/b] I almost feel kind of bad making this pick, especially knowing it's LBPop's last game and all. But wait, Georgetown rejected me! So there, take that Hoyas!

Hey, thanks for the sympathy but we Hoya fans are nothing if not realisitic. I have purposely not been posting my picks for most of this season, because I did not want to pick against my kid's team. This has been a miserable year to be a Georgetown football fan and a very difficult one for LBKid the player, but it's a great year to be LBKid's Pop. His college experience has been phenomenal and he has already established his career path.

I will again not make a pick this week other than this...I suspect that Jordan Scott (who is from the DC area) is thinking about the number 250. I am told that he is a fine young man and nobody has to tell me about his running ability. I will see that for the third time first hand on Saturday.

Ken_Z
November 6th, 2007, 12:19 PM
FORDHAM is on hiatus before closing out one of the greatest seasons in their modern history with everyone's favorite Patsy on November 17th.

hey, that's us!!! i knew carney was really a fan :)

PeacockRaider
November 6th, 2007, 12:33 PM

Not sure what Lehigh fans think, but I was happy every time Lehigh's offense came onto the field and Sedale was on the sidelinde. Colgate always seems to have touble with running qb's and lost to Sedale in both his previous starts against gate. Even last weekend they seemed have trouble when he was under center, and dominated when the other guy was in. If Sedale plays the entire game I think Lehigh would of won. JMO

ngineer
November 6th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Not sure what Lehigh fans think, but I was happy every time Lehigh's offense came onto the field and Sedale was on the sidelinde. Colgate always seems to have touble with running qb's and lost to Sedale in both his previous starts against gate. Even last weekend they seemed have trouble when he was under center, and dominated when the other guy was in. If Sedale plays the entire game I think Lehigh would of won. JMO

I agree, IF Sedale was capable of passing. I heard that he suffered a pinched nerve two weeks ago and hence the reason for his restricted use. Regardless, Bokosky had a few good plays, but his mistakes and insufficient arm won't get it done.

massdad
November 6th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Thats just awful on the part of the administration. I can't believe they would do such a thing to the seniors who have been so loyal to the program. They deserve better than that and so does LBPop. No wonder the program is so unsuccessful.

Very sad, but unfortunately not surprising for those who have been following. These seniors have been disrespected all year (and last), and the program has a big black eye as a result. Several promising players were short circuited to make way for the "youth movement" and the results this season tell the story. Per DFW:"...the 370 points in a season is a school record and up almost 100 points from last season." Under Benson, Hoyas played tough D, had two PL wins his last season (last time many of this year's seniors saw the field). The seniors riding the pine this year would have made a difference. Did the freshman and sophs who played prematurely and took the beatings gain valuable experience that will benefit the program next year? Doughtful. How many juniors will be around this spring???

colgate13
November 6th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I think Bucknell wins this Saturday. If I use Colgate as a common opponent, BU lost to us 28-24 while LU lost 21-7. Not a perfect science, but still...

One has to wonder where the focus will be in Bethlehem this week. It's not Lafayette week. Bucknell on the other hand would love to stomp on LU when they are down.

Just a thought.

LehighFan11
November 6th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I really dont see Lehigh losing to bucknell. Lehigh has traditionally completely shut down bucknell's option offense. Alot of it will depend on how healthy Sedale is and how smart Coen is. If bokoksy is the only one to attempt a pass, all bets are off.

jdb037
November 6th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Its up in the air this weekend here in Lewisburg. My roommate is a former player (tore his shoulder) and he came back from filming practice today incredibly excited because for the first time we were running some plays out of the shotgun. May not make a difference, but if we use it this Saturday, could trip up the Lehigh defense a little. It's also senior day for us so hopefully the seniors come out ready to fight.

Fordham
November 7th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Its up in the air this weekend here in Lewisburg. My roommate is a former player (tore his shoulder) and he came back from filming practice today incredibly excited because for the first time we were running some plays out of the shotgun. Well, there goes the surprise ...

colgate13
November 7th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Well, there goes the surprise ...

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Anyone want to bet Lehigh now knows about this shotgun approach????

Loose lips sink ships, jdb... xnonox xnonox xnonox

colgate13
November 7th, 2007, 06:07 AM
I really dont see Lehigh losing to bucknell. Lehigh has traditionally completely shut down bucknell's option offense.

Did you see them losing to Villanova, Fordham, Yale, Holy Cross or Colgate? Not meaning to pile on, but there is great parity in the PL this year and in college football in general. Colgate traditionally beats Fordham and Cornell too. xbawlingx

I think Bucknell has the emotional edge if that counts for anything. We'll see.

jdb037
November 7th, 2007, 08:41 AM
For what its worth, he said they looked horrible when running it, but I was just so excited I had to say something. I had contemplated not saying anything, but there are two games left and we are not in the race, eh no big deal.

CrusaderBob
November 7th, 2007, 09:24 AM
For what its worth, he said they looked horrible when running it, but I was just so excited I had to say something. I had contemplated not saying anything, but there are two games left and we are not in the race, eh no big deal.

Ask the coaches and the players if they agree with you. you may not think it matters, but they are competitive people and playing to win, no matter how little is at stake.

With two weeks left in the season, I seriously doubt they would have been trying it in pracatice if they were not considering running it, at least a couple of plays this week or next.

Just running it once, in game without the other team's knowledge casues the coaching staff of the opposition to make adjustments and think, in game, about how to attack it if it comes up again. It causes a few moments of indecision for the players and the coaches. Now they can at least think about it before hand.

jdb037
November 7th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I guess you're right, I just wish we could see more enthusiasm from the students for the games. I love going to the games and its just disappointing to see the lack of student turnout when these guys are giving it their all till the bitter end, or at least I'm hoping they are giving it their all to build towards next year. Bottom line, thinking before speaking for me is a key thing I need to learn, I remember I got into a heated argument last year in college basketball and I couldn't defend my statements.

With that said, here are my picks.

Colgate
Bucknell (is this the week? only gonna get tougher next week)
Holy Cross

carney2
November 7th, 2007, 10:58 AM
I guess you're right, I just wish we could see more enthusiasm from the students for the games. I love going to the games and its just disappointing to see the lack of student turnout when these guys are giving it their all till the bitter end,

We have had these discussions at this site before and, with certain exceptions - many of them large public universities - student attendance is a problem at most institutions. You see it as a Bucknell thing. It isn't.

jdb037
November 7th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah I've been checking out some of the numbers on the "Attendance" thread and I just notice that we are on the lower end of the spectrum. Not sure on the student numbers of these other schools, but I'm sure we can do better than what were doing right now, just don't know how to get students to come out to the games, other than winning i guess, but sometimes that doesn't even help.

TheValleyRaider
November 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I guess you're right, I just wish we could see more enthusiasm from the students for the games. I love going to the games and its just disappointing to see the lack of student turnout when these guys are giving it their all till the bitter end, or at least I'm hoping they are giving it their all to build towards next year. Bottom line, thinking before speaking for me is a key thing I need to learn, I remember I got into a heated argument last year in college basketball and I couldn't defend my statements.

If you stay around here long enough you learn that's not a "you" thing either xsmiley_wix xlolx xnodx

LehighFan11
November 7th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Did you see them losing to Villanova, Fordham, Yale, Holy Cross or Colgate? Not meaning to pile on, but there is great parity in the PL this year and in college football in general. Colgate traditionally beats Fordham and Cornell too. xbawlingx

I think Bucknell has the emotional edge if that counts for anything. We'll see.

Lehigh losing to Nova, Yale and HC was not shocking. The losses to Fordham and Colgate are surpising given preseason expections. Lehigh hasn't really beaten a good team this year, but they haven't lost to a team that is bad. All of those teams are either ranked or near ranked. I'm sure it will be much closer than it has been in the past.

Ken_Z
November 7th, 2007, 03:26 PM
jdb, you're a fan, more importantly you're a Bucknell fan. just keep supporting 'em and enjoy it. someday we'll have a winning team, and some more fans will come out of the woodwork. that's okay too, but you will get a hell of a lot more satisfaction from the success than they do so just enjoy that time when it comes.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM
jdb, you're a fan, more importantly you're a Bucknell fan. just keep supporting 'em and enjoy it. someday we'll have a winning team, and some more fans will come out of the woodwork. that's okay too, but you will get a hell of a lot more satisfaction from the success than they do so just enjoy that time when it comes.

Kind of like your B-Ball team, eh Ken_Z? :D

BobbyMo
November 7th, 2007, 07:09 PM
LAFAYETTE
COLGATE
LEHIGH

ngineer
November 7th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Lehigh losing to Nova, Yale and HC was not shocking. The losses to Fordham and Colgate are surpising given preseason expections. Lehigh hasn't really beaten a good team this year, but they haven't lost to a team that is bad. All of those teams are either ranked or near ranked. I'm sure it will be much closer than it has been in the past.

I'd take a look at Harvard's record..They're just outside of the Top 25. Granted our defense gets the most credit for that win...but it was a GOOD win.

Rjm7272
November 7th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Colgate over Georgetown
Lehigh over Bucknell
Lafayette over Holy Cross

hc12
November 8th, 2007, 05:31 AM
colgate
lehigh
HC

Ken_Z
November 8th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Kind of like your B-Ball team, eh Ken_Z? :D

exactly precisely like that.

Ken_Z
November 8th, 2007, 10:03 AM
early submission this week as we turn our attention toward the round bouncy ball Saturday night (or Friday night for carney).

LAFAYETTE 20 @ HOLY CROSS 35: game over man. Lafayette's fall from grace is completed this weekend. BIG 3? no more.

COLGATE 28 @ GEORGETOWN 7: end of an era at G'town. let's all hope LPPop stays with us after this year.

LEHIGH 21 @ BUCKNELL 24: team pulls out the home finale and dedicates the win to jdb. everyone hustles down to Sojka for our first look at the next generation of hoopsters. did i mention, THE BIG 3 AREN'T ANYMORE.

congrats to Fordham on last weeks big win to take the conference championship, and

congrats to Lafayette on winning the annual KenZ/Carney grudge match. please make the pain go away.

LBPop
November 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM
COLGATE 28 @ GEORGETOWN 7: end of an era at G'town. let's all hope LPPop stays with us after this year.

Geez Ken, that sounds so maudlin. :p Thanks for caring and yes, I will still be popping my head up on this board for a while. One of the benefits of my son playing college ball just down the road is that I can easily go see the games after he graduates. That should keep me interested in the PL and AGS.

I don't really know how I'm going to react on Saturday when I walk with LBKid, LBMom, LBSis and LBGrandpa (a Brown alumnus and the real "Pops") onto the field before the game. I may decide to vent those feelings in the lounge...I hope I won't be too sappy.;) Thanks again for the mention.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2007, 10:16 AM
exactly precisely like that.

I was just surprised to hear you say what I'd observed for years: that the students at Lewisburg are the worst sort of bandwagoners known to man. :D (Or maybe I should use something Ken_Z might understand better: call them haywagoners... :D )

jdb037
November 8th, 2007, 10:45 AM
LEHIGH 21 @ BUCKNELL 24: team pulls out the home finale and dedicates the win to jdb. everyone hustles down to Sojka for our first look at the next generation of hoopsters. did i mention, THE BIG 3 AREN'T ANYMORE.

Thanks Ken_Z. It would be so nice to pull out this last home game. What a Saturday its gonna be, can't wait!! Will you be enjoying the festivities from Lewisburg Ken_Z?

ColgateTD
November 8th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Colgate

carney2
November 9th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Kid Konsensus showed as much interest in this week's picks as the rest of you. This is either a VERY late arriving crowd or the Fordham clinching has wrung any last drops of interest from our masses. He had some comments on each game, however:

HOLY CROSS over LAFAYETTE - The Pards have the tools to make this interesting. On the other hand, they seem to wave the white flag at anything that even vaguely resembles a spread offense, so don't bet on it.

COLGATE over GEORGETOWN - The Hoyas have the same chance as Custer at the Little Big Horn. The Kid would not pay to see this one.

LEHIGH over BUCKNELL - Historically, the hump backed bovines have played the Squawk-n-eers tough. Not so much in the Landis era, however. After 2 1/2 months one should not expect the Lewisburgers to begin playing football now that it's hoops time.

"The line" has all three of these as blowouts, with Lehigh over Bucknell the most "competitive" at 11 1/2.

LBPop
November 9th, 2007, 10:28 AM
COLGATE over GEORGETOWN - The Hoyas have the same chance as Custer at the Little Big Horn. The Kid would not pay to see this one.

Sadly, "The Kid" wouldn't have to. In what I believe to be a well intentioned decision, the Class of 2008 has been "dissed" again. It seems that the Georgetown administration has decided to let everyone in for free tomorrow. The admission price was already ridiculously low and parking for football has always been free...in Georgetown. Now unintentionally this year's final game is considered to be worth less than the following:

A ticket to every high school game being played in the DC area
A ticket to watch an animated film about bees
A cup of coffee (just coffee) at Starbucks
A dented can of peas at the local grocery storeWhen you assign a value of zero to something, it is perceived to be worth zero. I know this was not the intention of the people who made the decision, but any experienced PR person would have advised differently. Maybe someone should raise the price of admission. The real fans would still attend, the family and friends would still be comped, and the players would feel that there is a greater value assigned to the opportunity to watch them make their typical 100% effort. I hope that at least there are printed tickets so that the families of the players can have one for their scrapbooks.

colorless raider
November 9th, 2007, 10:35 AM
LBPop, I will look for you and your son and family. My reaction to the "free" was the same Econ 101 lesson that you outlined. What a shame. That does not change my sentment for the game however.:)

CrusaderBob
November 9th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Holy Cross
Colgate
Lehigh

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Sadly, "The Kid" wouldn't have to. In what I believe to be a well intentioned decision, the Class of 2008 has been "dissed" again. It seems that the Georgetown administration has decided to let everyone in for free tomorrow. The admission price was already ridiculously low and parking for football has always been free...in Georgetown. Now unintentionally this year's final game is considered to be worth less than the following:

A ticket to every high school game being played in the DC area
A ticket to watch an animated film about bees
A cup of coffee (just coffee) at Starbucks
A dented can of peas at the local grocery storeWhen you assign a value of zero to something, it is perceived to be worth zero. I know this was not the intention of the people who made the decision, but any experienced PR person would have advised differently. Maybe someone should raise the price of admission. The real fans would still attend, the family and friends would still be comped, and the players would feel that there is a greater value assigned to the opportunity to watch them make their typical 100% effort. I hope that at least there are printed tickets so that the families of the players can have one for their scrapbooks.

I disagree here LBPop. I don't think it's a matter of "worth" of the G-Town football program - I think it's a matter of economics, they are much more likely to play in front of a large crowd if folks can come in for free.

Matter of fact, I'm happy that they seem to be cognizant of the mistake and are taking steps to rectify it. Maybe the G'Town AD really does care about football after all.

Here's hoping the seniors go out with heads held high LBPop. xthumbsupx

LBPop
November 9th, 2007, 12:27 PM
they are much more likely to play in front of a large crowd if folks can come in for free. xthumbsupx

Thanks for the good wishes, but if you were familiar with the dynamics here, you might think differently. The students have always gotten in free, family and friends of players get comped, other fans (and there aren't a lot that don't fit into those categories) are loyal and the cost is irrelavent to them. There are virtually no casual paying fans at Georgetown football games. I will be so bold as to suggest that this move will not increase the attendance by even 100 people. And given the competition with the basketball game, that might equal 10% of the crowd.

That being said, it will likely be forgotten by Sunday and then the Georgetown fans will be able to think about next season. And with our "Bye" week being the last week of the season, we get to do that earlier than everyone else. (Actually, we have probably been doing that for weeks)xrolleyesx

DFW HOYA
November 9th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I disagree here LBPop. I don't think it's a matter of "worth" of the G-Town football program - I think it's a matter of economics, they are much more likely to play in front of a large crowd if folks can come in for free.

Georgetown tried free admission in the MAAC era, and if anything the crowds went down.

The students get in free already, and very few fans who were already paying $8.00 a game were going to stay away based on price. Too bad they couldn't have offered a free admission with two cans of food or a book to donate for those who wanted to go otherwise.

So, will the CSTV broadcast be free as well? Probably not. xeyebrowx

bison137
November 9th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Holy Cross
Colgate
Lehigh

LU73
November 9th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Lehigh over Bucknell - Yes, Lehigh has struggled, but let's think about this. Lehigh beat Georgetown 45-0. Georgetown beat Bucknell. Lehigh has beaten Bucknell in each of their last nine meetings by an average score of 36-12. If I could think of one reason to give Bucknell a glimmer of hope, I'd mention it. Silence prevails.

Holy Cross over Lafayette - Has Lafayette beaten a good team yet this year? Let's get the records for LU and LC even at 5-5 each heading into next week.

Colgate over Georgetown - Let's see. Colgate beat Lehigh 21-7 and Lehigh beat Georgetown 45-0, so.................. No disrespect, but having witnessed the Lehigh Georgetown game, I can't imagine what happened in the Bucknell Georgetown game.

DFW HOYA
November 9th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Feature article on the two best Colgate players from...where else? The regional DC area.

http://www.thehoya.com/sports/110907/sports6.cfm

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 9th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Here goes nothing
Lehigh 31 Bucknell 17- Like the Georgetown game a loss to Bucknell would be a bad bad sign. Lehigh's had the Bison's number for a while now and while Lehigh certaintly isn't setting the world on fire they're not the disaster Bucknell is.

Holy Cross 35 Lafayette 31- I think Lafayette will put up a major fight but will ultimately fall short against a ticked off Crusaders team.

Colgate 45 Georgetown 6- Colgate is pretty solid, not spectacular by any means but easily good enough to pound the poor Hoya's into the ground.

TheValleyRaider
November 9th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Colgate is pretty solid, not spectacular by any means but easily good enough

That's just how we like it :D xnodx xthumbsupx

colgate13
November 10th, 2007, 07:02 AM
It's funny to hear the grumbling over making games free. The Colgate AD thinks similarly (that games SHOULDN'T be free), and some fans were (and still are) grumbling over that. You just can't make some people happy I guess. I personally fall on the charge them something side...

Andy
November 10th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Just under the wire:

Colgate
Lehigh
Lafayette--Intangibles :)

PeacockRaider
November 10th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Gate
Lehigh
HC

carney2
November 10th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Week 11 Results are posted in The Lounge.