PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week Eleven

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2007, 07:12 AM
TT's Predictions
OOC Record: 22-10
SLC Record: 16-4
Overall: 38-14

Texas State - San Marcos @ Nicholls State - Plenty of emotion in this game, which has become the 'Battle for the Paddle'. A surprising, but enjoyable rivalry that will find it's way to the Cajun Corner. Colonels are a tough out at home and the Bobcats have not had their share of success on the road. Colonels have won three straight home games against Bobcats (dating back to 1999) and have won five of last six against the felines. NICHOLLS

Stephen F. Austin @ Central Arkansas - Lots of purple in Conway. The Bears are still looking at the chance to have an SLC title at the end of the season. I can not go against UCA at home against the hapless Jacks. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Sam Houston St @ Southeastern Louisiana - Last year, I saw the Bearkats take a win in Hammond. I'm missing out this year, but I do not think the Kats will miss a beat this year even without Bomar. Same QB, Brett Hicks, was at the helm last year. They are playing some inspired football and there's no question they can not continue keeping the pace up. SAM HOUSTON STATE

Northwestern State @ McNeese State - Pokes are on cruise control. Demons are a tough foe, but this game is not at Turpin Stadium, it's in Lake Charles where the Cowboys reign supreme. Working out the kinks before the playoffs. McNEESE STATE

Retro
November 4th, 2007, 08:16 AM
TT, Week 10 just ended.. Why don't you hold off on next weeks threads for a day or two so we can focus on this week. Are you that bored?xrolleyesx

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 08:47 AM
TT, Week 10 just ended.. Why don't you hold off on next weeks threads for a day or two so we can focus on this week. Are you that bored?xrolleyesx

Then I wouldn't have an opening to publicly worry about how well Northwestern State played at Ole Miss yesterday!

FormerPokeCenter
November 4th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Then I wouldn't have an opening to publicly worry about how well Northwestern State played at Ole Miss yesterday!

LOL, like you've ever needed an excuse to publicly worry ;)

You and Tom Hoeffer need to switch screennames on Geauxcowboys.com.

He's not the WorrierKing, you are....

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 09:55 AM
LOL, like you've ever needed an excuse to publicly worry ;)

You and Tom Hoeffer need to switch screennames on Geauxcowboys.com.

He's not the WorrierKing, you are....

Hey, did you see me worrying about SFA?

Actually, I think it's good Northwestern State played well yesterday against Ole Miss. When Viator shows the team films of the Demons running the ball well and putting up over 500 yards offense against the Rebels he's not going to have any problem getting their attention and convincing them that the Demons can beat them.

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Retro, what is your problem? Do you always have to rain on everyone's parade?

Texas State - San Marcos @ Nicholls State - The Colonels at home and the bobkitties struggling. I'll take Nicholls.

Stephen F. Austin @ Central Arkansas - UCA, enough said.

Sam Houston St @ Southeastern Louisiana - Kats keep it rolling with or without Bomar. The defense stepped up against Nicholls and I look for them to continue that trend.

Northwestern State @ McNeese State - Hard to pick against the Pokes at home. I look for this one to be close with Northwestern playing very inspired football. I'll pick McNeese to win but will not be shocked if the Demons pull it out.

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 4th, 2007, 10:17 AM

Texas State - San Marcos @ Nicholls State - The Colonels at home and the bobkitties struggling. I'll take Nicholls.

Sam Houston St @ Southeastern Louisiana - Kats keep it rolling with or without Bomar. The defense stepped up against Nicholls and I look for them to continue that trend.

Northwestern State @ McNeese State - Hard to pick against the Pokes at home. I look for this one to be close with Northwestern playing very inspired football. I'll pick McNeese to win but will not be shocked if the Demons pull it out.

xconfusedx xconfusedx we've won three straight...xconfusedx xconfusedx

i'll take the same picks except maybe SELA over shs.

patssle
November 4th, 2007, 10:45 AM
we've won three straight...

2 of those over SFA and SELA. Nobody tough. Nicholls will be a good test for your team to see if they are really stepping it up after a bad start.

MSU_77
November 4th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Hey, did you see me worrying about SFA?

Actually, I think it's good Northwestern State played well yesterday against Ole Miss. When Viator shows the team films of the Demons running the ball well and putting up over 500 yards offense against the Rebels he's not going to have any problem getting their attention and convincing them that the Demons can beat them.

The Shemons played great against Ole Miss. Hats off to them. However, this is one season when it can be said without irony that McNeese ain't Ole Miss.

Freightliner
November 4th, 2007, 12:21 PM
xrulesx Freightliner's Record xrulesx
OOC Record: 24-8
SLC Record: 17-3
Overall: 41-11

Texas State @ Nicholls State
Stephen F. Austin @ Central Arkansas
Sam Houston St @ Southeastern Louisiana
Northwestern State @ McNeese State

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2007, 12:48 PM
i'll take the same picks except maybe SELA over shs.

Your going to pick SELA to get their first win over SHSU since 1978?

Kats have won three straight in the recent incarnation of SELA football including two in Hammond. Kats are 3-1 all-time in Hammond and did get a 1940 win in Beaumont too for what it's worth. I think the Kats have a good shot here. It's one team we've actually had some consistency in beating...

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 4th, 2007, 03:53 PM

Kats have won three straight in the recent incarnation of SELA football including two in Hammond. Kats are 3-1 all-time in Hammond and did get a 1940 win in Beaumont too for what it's worth. I think the Kats have a good shot here. It's one team we've actually had some consistency in beating...

that stat is a BIT over exaggerated since the lions brought back football only a few years ago.xnodx

kats are without bomar and are on the road. i just think SELA's due for a win, and i think given the shs situation, i just think the kats are vulnerable. plus, i said "MAYBE"...lol it's just my opinion...you don't see me going behind your opinionated predictions and blasting you on them. xthumbsupx

NSUDemon98
November 4th, 2007, 08:04 PM
The Shemons played great against Ole Miss. Hats off to them. However, this is one season when it can be said without irony that McNeese ain't Ole Miss.

That is a bit bold don't ya think?

I sure do.

TexasTerror
November 4th, 2007, 08:16 PM
that stat is a BIT over exaggerated since the lions brought back football only a few years ago.xnodx

Hey, got to spin the stats! It's what folks like me do...xnodx

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2007, 09:04 PM

kats are without bomar and are on the road. i just think SELA's due for a win, and i think given the shs situation, i just think the kats are vulnerable. plus, i said "MAYBE"...lol it's just my opinion...you don't see me going behind your opinionated predictions and blasting you on them. xthumbsupx

Kats defeated them last season on the road with Hicks as the starter.

slycat
November 4th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Texas State @ Nicholls State - this should be a close game but the bobcats have struggled on the road. thank god nicholls st is run based since our pass defense is awful.

Stephen F. Austin @ Central Arkansas - easy pick of the week

Sam Houston St @ Southeastern Louisiana - another close game. ill give the kats the edge since sela is in a funk. hicks is a good backup for shsu but tehy still struggled offensively last week so we will see.

Northwestern State @ McNeese State- the cowboys shouldnt have a problem here and being at home makes it that much easier.

MSU_77
November 4th, 2007, 09:52 PM
That is a bit bold don't ya think?

I sure do.

Bold? Yes. Untrue? No.

Retro
November 4th, 2007, 09:58 PM

What parade? Oh, the one you guys were going to have after winning the SLC and the National Championship with your boy Bomar? Well that didn't happen, so i guess there is no parade to rain on.. Remember all that talk?

Seriously though, I like to read everyone's thoughts about this past weeks games, rankings, etc. and not jump right into next week.. Might want to get a life away from the computer a little.xcoffeex

Btw, No guts to pick againest Mcneese again this week?xlolx

GeauxLions94
November 4th, 2007, 09:58 PM

Hey TT, throw us a friggin bone here ... we were a frozen program for 18 years :p

http://hyperbean8jojo.googlepages.com/drevil.jpg

FormerPokeCenter
November 4th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Why do you have a picture of Demon head coach Scott Stoker in your message???

Hey TT, throw us a friggin bone here ... we were a frozen program for 18 years :p

http://hyperbean8jojo.googlepages.com/drevil.jpg

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2007, 10:34 PM
What parade? Oh, the one you guys were going to have after winning the SLC and the National Championship with your boy Bomar? Well that didn't happen, so i guess there is no parade to rain on.. Remember all that talk?

Seriously though, I like to read everyone's thoughts about this past weeks games, rankings, etc. and not jump right into next week.. Might want to get a life away from the computer a little.xcoffeex

Man, for having such a successful program you sure are bitter.xrolleyesx

If you want to read everyone's thoughts on the previous games then go to that thread. Not a big deal.xeyebrowx

I didn't pick against McNeese this week because I believe they will win. Has nothing to do with "guts."xnonox

MaximumBobcat
November 4th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Kats defeated them last season on the road with Hicks as the starter.

and terry as the rb. he's gone and your other guy, while ok, is not dd terry.

blackfordpu
November 5th, 2007, 07:24 AM
and terry as the rb. he's gone and your other guy, while ok, is not dd terry.

I think he has the potential to be as good as Terry was. Remember, DD was a senior while Poullard is just a sophamore at this point.

McNeese75
November 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM
I think he has the potential to be as good as Terry was. Remember, DD was a senior while Poullard is just a sophamore at this point.

One big difference is speed. Poullard is nowhere close to being as fast as Terry was and that is not going to change. However, that does not mean he will not be a very productive running back in his own right.

JoshUCA
November 5th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Texas State @ Nicholls State
Stephen F. Austin @ Central Arkansas
Sam Houston St @ Southeastern Louisiana
Northwestern State @ McNeese State

Home teams win this week.

patssle
November 5th, 2007, 12:36 PM

Poullard is a sophmore on paper, but a freshman on the field. He didn't play hardly at all last year.

DD Terry averaged 6 yards per carry and 17 TD his senior season. Poullard is at 5.2 and 10 TD his "freshman" season..and thats with Bomar stealing 7 more touchdowns. We'll see in a couple years where Poullard stands.

Spooney-Cat
November 5th, 2007, 12:38 PM

Yeah, well Karrington Bush is only a FR that we have and the guy is an absolute playmaker. He will be on top of the SLC for some years to come for sure!

RUSHING Team Cl G Att Yds Avg TD Yds/G Long

Bush, Karringto..... TXST FR 9 101 866 8.6 3 96.2 80

Poullard, Chris..... SHSU SO 9 150 782 5.2 10 86.9 61

Bush with 49 less carries than Poullard and averaging 8.6 per carry. Lacking on the TD's, but he's very quick and elusive.

NSUDemon98
November 5th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Bold? Yes. Untrue? No.

You're right...y'all could play Florida and have a lead against them as well as play Bama as tough as the Rebels did.

I wouldn't look too much into our game against them...which you are, WAY too much.

Lionsrking
November 5th, 2007, 03:19 PM

I like our chances in this game. We play well at home and our offense has been clicking the last few weeks. It was a close game last year and I expect another close one Saturday, but I like the matchups.

MSU_77
November 5th, 2007, 03:19 PM
You're right...y'all could play Florida and have a lead against them as well as play Bama as tough as the Rebels did.

I wouldn't look too much into our game against them...which you are, WAY too much.

xrolleyesx Geez, I was just playing with you; but I understand the Shemons are a sensitive lot.

My predictions:

Nicholls State 28 - Texas State 10
Central Arkansas 45 - Stephen F. Austin 21
Sam Houston St 24 - Southeastern Louisiana 17
McNeese State 48 - Northwestern State 17

FormerPokeCenter
November 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM
xrolleyesx Geez, I was just playing with you; but I understand the Shemons are a sensitive lot.

My predictions:

I like these, with the exception of Sam and SELA. I'm gonna reverse them, but the numbers look good...

NSUDemon98
November 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM

My predictions:

How was I suppose to know your were joking?

BEAR
November 5th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Wow. If games go as predicted then McNeese wins the conference this weekend! What a league! I would have never thought it would take McNeese up until the second to last game of the season to win the conference and I really didn't think UCA would have a shot at sharing it their first year! Phenomenal! xbowx xthumbsupx

MSU_77
November 5th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Wow. If games go as predicted then McNeese wins the conference this weekend! What a league! I would have never thought it would take McNeese up until the second to last game of the season to win the conference and I really didn't think UCA would have a shot at sharing it their first year! Phenomenal! xbowx xthumbsupx

McNeese won the autobid last weekend. Unless SFA upsets you, UCA still has the chance to win the conference title outright in Lake Charles on the last day of the regular season...unless I misunderstand what you're saying. xconfusedx

NSUDemon98
November 5th, 2007, 07:46 PM

I don't think many people expected UCA to be any good this year. And even bigger most people didn't think the SLC would be down for a second year in a row...which, unfortunately it is. xnonono2x

blackfordpu
November 5th, 2007, 08:47 PM
McNeese won the autobid last weekend. Unless SFA upsets you, UCA still has the chance to win the conference title outright in Lake Charles on the last day of the regular season...unless I misunderstand what you're saying. xconfusedx

Yea, the UCA/McNeese game has the makings of a great game.

BearBull24
November 5th, 2007, 09:20 PM

Retro you just sound retarded so I had to respond. Who cares if this is up early, we are excited about the upcoming week so get off our backs. If you really want to read everyones thoughts on the past week then scroll through the pages. Is it really that hard???

As for football: Looks like a competitive week.

Nicholls State - Texas State: Nicholls is just to strong on the ground. I think Texas State will have a hard time stopping the option.
Central Arkansas - Stephen F. Austin: Coach Conque will fire them up after losing to a tough SDSU squad.
Sam Houston St - Southeastern Louisiana: This is a tough one, I am only picking SELU if they play like they did against UCA and Lucas has a great night.
McNeese State - Northwestern State: McNeese is rated in the top 5 for a reason

BEAR
November 5th, 2007, 09:33 PM

Well, UCA does still have to get by SFA. And I do believe McNeese has a game to play as well. But if UCA and McNeese end up with the same conference record, then it's essentially a tie and they both win the conference, kind of a cochampions? At least that's what I understood. Am I wrong? Remember, this is my first understanding of the whole process. I thought UCA would co-champ with McNeese even though they might beat them. Is that right? xeyebrowx xconfusedx

MSU_77
November 5th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Well, UCA does still have to get by SFA. And I do believe McNeese has a game to play as well. But if UCA and McNeese end up with the same conference record, then it's essentially a tie and they both win the conference, kind of a cochampions? At least that's what I understood. Am I wrong? Remember, this is my first understanding of the whole process. I thought UCA would co-champ with McNeese even though they might beat them. Is that right? xeyebrowx xconfusedx

If there is a tie, then the head-to-head competition determines the champion, at least as far as the auto-bid is concerned. Officially, the two teams are co-champions. UCA is not eligible for the playoffs, but if they beat the Pokes, they deserve to be known as the SLC champs as far as I am concerned.

Retro
November 5th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Retro you just sound retarded so I had to respond. Who cares if this is up early, we are excited about the upcoming week so get off our backs. If you really want to read everyones thoughts on the past week then scroll through the pages. Is it really that hard???

As for football: Looks like a competitive week.

Nicholls State - Texas State: Nicholls is just to strong on the ground. I think Texas State will have a hard time stopping the option.
Central Arkansas - Stephen F. Austin: Coach Conque will fire them up after losing to a tough SDSU squad.
Sam Houston St - Southeastern Louisiana: This is a tough one, I am only picking SELU if they play like they did against UCA and Lucas has a great night.
McNeese State - Northwestern State: McNeese is rated in the top 5 for a reason

I can tell by your 5 posts this whole year, that your excited... Anyway, that's my opinion, like it or not.xnonox

McNeese72
November 6th, 2007, 07:59 AM
If there is a tie, then the head-to-head competition determines the champion, at least as far as the auto-bid is concerned. Officially, the two teams are co-champions. UCA is not eligible for the playoffs, but if they beat the Pokes, they deserve to be known as the SLC champs as far as I am concerned.

Correct. The head to head competition would only determine the autobid if UCA was eligible for the playoffs. According to conference rules, it would be a co-championship.

I know it sucks but go back to 1997 when we beat Northwestern St. 50-7 and then lost to SFA and ended up tied with Northwestern St. Northwestern St. got to be co-champions.

Doc

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Perfect...

TT's Predictions
OOC Record: 22-10
SLC Record: 20-4
Overall: 42-14