PDA

View Full Version : Socon Week Two predictions

BlackSaturday
September 8th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Here goes round 2 with an Animal House theme:

Wofford vs WVU... "Thank you, sir! May I have another?" WVU takes out their offensive frustration to run all over WoCo 53-12.

McNeese St vs GSU "Grab a brew. Don't cost nothin'." Two fanbases collide that really know how to party. GSU has the advantage of Paulson and winning a tough one on the road last week, so Eagles 31- Cowboys 20.

Furman at Western "I hate those guys" In this weeks only intraconference action FU and WCU put on their rendition of "The Color Purple." In a defensive match Paladins 14 Cats 3.

Elon at Savannah "Food fight!" Ok, pillow fight might be more accurate basing off past performances, but I still see the Phoenix rising from last week's loss to trample SSU 38-10.

The Citadel vs Florida State "Zero point zero" Hopefully there are lots of zeros on El Cid's check, because this could be ugly. Free Shoes University 53 Their future employers 14.

Chattanooga at Jax St "Pinto: I won't go schizo, will I?
Jennings: It's a distinct possibility." Is Chattanooga finally going to show some consistency this year? Or will it be a different Moc team every game again. Gotta go with the Cocks over the Mocs 24-10.

Appalachian at Kansas "Otter: Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon: I thought you were pre-med.
Otter: What's the difference?" App fans are still trying to figure out if they are a playoff contender or pretender this season. ASU will find out this week if they are finally back at the level to stay competitive in games with I-A teams (circa late 90s). Personally, don't think we are there quite yet. Rock Chalks 34 Apps 21.

Eagle_77
September 8th, 2005, 11:52 AM
This is awesome. Pretty good predictions set to one of the best movies of all time. Great Job!

blueballs
September 8th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Nice job BlackSaturday!!!!!

FU97
September 8th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I'm sure Western has a great defense, but I simply don't see them holding us to 14 points.

nick9c
September 8th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I'll second what FU97...we have too potent of an offense for WCU to hold us to 14...maybe 21. If we get the run going early, I would expect us to put up at least 28 pts.

GSU Eagle
September 8th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Wofford at WVU. Wofford did not show me much last week with their 10 point win over subD1AA Georgetown College. WVU has lots of talent. I will be surprised if this one stays with 4 touchdowns. WVU 45 Wofford 10

McNeese at GSU. I am clearly not one of the "We will stomp anyone" GSU fans. I expect this to be a very tight game. If our defense does not show up it will be a shootout. I go with the Eagles 35-27

Furman at Western Carolina. Furman in my view is simply the better team. Western has a nice defense but many questions are out there regarding their offense. I say Furman 24 WCU 14.

Elon at Savannah St. This is just what the doctor ordered for Elon after losing to Coastal Carolina last week. Savannah St. is one of the worst if not the worst 1AA team in America. Elon gets a win here 38 to 14.

Citadel at Florida St. Citadel gets a nice payday but gets humbled in the game. I can't see Citadel playing within 4 touchdowns of FSU. FSU 48 Citadel 10.

Chattanooga at Jacksonville St. If Jack St. is a legit playoff contender they should win this game. They showed me a good bit last week is just missing a win over Furman. Chattanooga may be improved but until they actually beat a good team I still doubt them. Jacksonville St. 35 Chattanooga 20.

Appalachian St. at Kansas. This has a reasonable chance of being an upset, but I go with the home 1A Kansas in this one: Kansas 35 Appalachian St. 24.

blueballs
September 8th, 2005, 01:08 PM
The Citadel vs Florida State "Zero point zero" Hopefully there are lots of zeros on El Cid's check, because this could be ugly. Free Shoes University 53 Their future employers 14.

I didn't know the Citadel had a major for future prison guards or garbage truck drivers.

OL FU
September 8th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Good Post Black Saturday. did you do this last week? If so I missed it. Hope you make it a weekly event.

BlackSaturday
September 9th, 2005, 07:02 AM
This is the first time I did this, I'll see if creativity strikes again next week.

buckp
September 9th, 2005, 07:47 AM
This is the first time I did this, I'll see if creativity strikes again next week.

....can I get you a cold one? ;) Fun read BlackSaturday....:bow:

Anyone know what time the McNeese/GSU game starts?

Baldy
September 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM
....can I get you a cold one? ;) Fun read BlackSaturday....:bow:

Anyone know what time the McNeese/GSU game starts?

6pm normal time, 5pm in LA. ;)

buckp
September 9th, 2005, 08:15 AM
6pm normal time, 5pm in LA. ;)

Thanks, Baldy....:bow:

Make sure that you, blueballs, Eaglegus 2 and the rest of the Red Flag gang drink a cold one for me....xprost2x

(.....and take some daymn pictures!)

SoCon48
September 12th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Appalachian at Kansas "Otter: Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Boon: I thought you were pre-med.
Otter: What's the difference?" App fans are still trying to figure out if they are a playoff contender or pretender this season. ASU will find out this week if they are finally back at the level to stay competitive in games with I-A teams (circa late 90s). Personally, don't think we are there quite yet. Rock Chalks 34 Apps 21.[/QUOTE]

Take back the fumble at the goal line and the ugly clunking FG attempt and you were VERY close (not to memtion the PF penalty by Touchhisstones)