PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk State plays @ Del State for all the MEAC marbles next week!

Punchykky
November 3rd, 2007, 11:15 PM
xnodx I wish I could go to this game!xthumbsupx So who do you all think will win it?

UMass922
November 3rd, 2007, 11:53 PM
Very hard game to predict . . . I'm rooting for DSU, but how many times can they come back from behind to win? I might be inclined to pick Norfolk St., but the loss to Howard last week perplexes me. This one is probably a toss up. In any case, it gets my early vote for Game of the Week (two huge CAA matchups notwithstanding).

Punchykky
November 4th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Very hard game to predict . . . I'm rooting for DSU, but how many times can they come back from behind to win? I might be inclined to pick Norfolk St., but the loss to Howard last week perplexes me. This one is probably a toss up. In any case, it gets my early vote for Game of the Week (two huge CAA matchups notwithstanding).

I'm sorry your squad lost today as well.xbawlingx My wife went to UMASS, too. I'm certain this loss was unexpected.

UMass922
November 4th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I'm sorry your squad lost today as well.xbawlingx My wife went to UMASS, too. I'm certain this loss was unexpected.

That's ok. I'm so paranoid and pessimistic a fan that I pretty much expect us to lose every week, no matter who we're playing. Hopefully we'll recover from our perplexing/unexpected loss with a win next week, just as you guys did this week.

Intrepid
November 4th, 2007, 07:59 AM
It's hard to predict who will win, NSU has the edge on offense but I think that DSU will prevail. This is the year for DSU to win the conference, they must win next week.

89Hen
November 4th, 2007, 08:04 AM
If the Hens weren't playing UR next week I'd be tempted to head to Dover for this one. xnodx

Ivytalk
November 4th, 2007, 08:45 AM
I'll predict DSU 23-20 on a late Peter Gaertner FG!:D

Intrepid
November 4th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I'll predict DSU 23-20 on a late Peter Gaertner FG!:D

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ChickenMan
November 4th, 2007, 09:01 AM
The old Del St always lost games like this.. hopefully the 'new' Del St won't.

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Gotta go with DSU though NSU winning would not shock me.

R.A.
November 5th, 2007, 02:59 AM
I'm going with Delaware State.

Tod
November 5th, 2007, 03:32 AM
DSU for the historic matchup with Delaware. NSU for the cool logo.

xnodx xnodx xrotatehx

Ud1Hens
November 5th, 2007, 06:38 AM
It will be an interesting game. Delaware St. has been eeking out wins the last four weeks, coming from behind against lesser opponents. Norfolk St. has looked good minus the bad loss to Howard. I think the score will be 23-23 with 4 seconds left, then Del. St. will return a blocked FG for a TD (they always find a way, haha). But seriously, Del. St. wins late on a crazy play.

HIU 93
November 5th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Spartans in a close one.

DSUHornet
November 5th, 2007, 01:13 PM
It will be an interesting game. Delaware St. has been eeking out wins the last four weeks, coming from behind against lesser opponents. Norfolk St. has looked good minus the bad loss to Howard. I think the score will be 23-23 with 4 seconds left, then Del. St. will return a blocked FG for a TD (they always find a way, haha). But seriously, Del. St. wins late on a crazy play.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Norfolk has a very very sneaky explosive offense, you can think you have them where you want them and the next thing you know they've put 14 points on the board in two consecutive drives. We, on the other hand, seem to be explosive but are very, very, DANGEROUSLY, inconsistent as of late. Norfolk state has a great front line and a respectable linebacker core, while their secondary is known to be suspect and vulnerable this year. we should be able to take advantage of it with our air game but vashon winton has been throwing shot ducks in the last few games. i feel as though the spartans are consistent enough that the outcome relies on us. if we show up for 4 quarters of pigskin, the game is ours. if we decide to take another bye week, the game could get ugly.

andy7171
November 5th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I have to go with Del State.