PDA

View Full Version : CAA/SoCon

URMite
November 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
CAA & SoCon playoff contenders go 5-7 (1-3 against non-contenders) today.

Overall 10 losses among the 34 teams with 3 or less losses (and capable of 7 DI wins).

Western Illinois, Villanova, The Citadel, & Montana State leave the group with 4 losses.

Holy Cross, JMU, UNH, Wofford, & Elon move to the bubble with 3 losses.

And UMass now has 2 losses.

The other 24 remains the same.

0 Losses - UNI, Montana & McNeese St

1 Loss - SIU, Delaware, Delaware St, Dayton, San Diego

2 Losses - App St, GSU, Richmond, Hofstra, Fordham, EKU, Norfolk St, Morehead St.

3 Losses - EWU, EIU, Jacksonville St, Austin Peay, Cal Poly, Colgate, Albany, Wagner

Bold = AQ

EIU plays Jacksonville ST eliminating 1 team from the list.

Last week the SWAC & Ivy were not listed. I haven't added any SWAC teams ...yet.

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2007, 09:07 PM
The McNeese game is over and they clinched the AQ

URMite
November 3rd, 2007, 09:24 PM
The McNeese game is over and they clinched the AQ

You got to it before I did.

blueballs
November 4th, 2007, 08:41 AM
You can pretty much nix the following teams from playoff consideration from that list:

Dayton, USD, Morehead St., Albany and Wagner. I can't remember the last time a SWAC team was in either.

So that leaves you with:

1 Loss - SIU, Delaware, Delaware St

2 Losses - App St, GSU, Richmond, Hofstra, Fordham, EKU, Norfolk St, Umass

3 Losses - EWU, EIU, Jacksonville St, Austin Peay, Cal Poly, Colgate, Holy Cross, JMU, UNH, Wofford, & Elon.

Bold= autobid

Also, a 3 loss Elon team has a legitimate chance at the SoCon autobid.

ChickenMan
November 4th, 2007, 08:55 AM
You can pretty much nix the following teams from playoff consideration from that list:

Dayton, USD, Morehead St., Albany and Wagner. I can't remember the last time a SWAC team was in either.

So that leaves you with:

1 Loss - SIU, Delaware, Delaware St

2 Losses - App St, GSU, Richmond, Hofstra, Fordham, EKU, Norfolk St, Umass

3 Losses - EWU, EIU, Jacksonville St, Austin Peay, Cal Poly, Colgate, Holy Cross, JMU, UNH, Wofford, & Elon.

Bold= autobid

Also, a 3 loss Elon team has a legitimate chance at the SoCon autobid.

My guess at the playoff field..

UNI
Montana
McNeese St
Delaware
UMass
Richmond
JMU
GSU
ASU
Wofford
Elon
SIU
Del St
Fordham
EKU
JSU/EIU winner

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 4th, 2007, 09:06 AM

UNI
Montana
McNeese St
Delaware
UMass
Richmond
JMU
GSU
ASU
Wofford
Elon
SIU
Del St
Fordham
EKU
JSU/EIU winner

I like your JMU selection ChickenMan...xthumbsupx

WrenFGun
November 4th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Obviously, if UNH loses to UMass next week, their toast. Is UMass on the bubble if they fall to UNH this week?

BlueHen86
November 4th, 2007, 09:31 AM

UNI
Montana
McNeese St
Delaware
UMass
Richmond
JMU
GSU
ASU
Wofford
Elon
SIU
Del St
Fordham
EKU
JSU/EIU winner
Your list looks similiar to mine, but I have Eastern Washington over the JSU/EIU winner.

Uncle Buck
November 4th, 2007, 09:31 AM
A UMass loss this week and an HU win would make for an interesting matchup on 11/17. UMass would be on the bubble with three losses, HU would be 8-2 with a must win for any chance at a playoff birth. Lot's of good football left to be played.

BlueHen86
November 4th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Obviously, if UNH loses to UMass next week, their toast. Is UMass on the bubble if they fall to UNH this week?
If UMass loses to UNH this week I think that UMass/Hofstra may decide the last CAA playoff bid.

Uncle Buck
November 4th, 2007, 09:46 AM
If UMass loses to UNH this week I think that UMass/Hofstra may decide the last CAA playoff bid.

Should it play out the way i said above, i hope we can at least draw 8K for the game. That would be a HUGE matchup for us and it also shows why FCS football is the best brand going. xthumbsupx

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 4th, 2007, 09:47 AM
UNH has 3 conference losses..........A MUST win against UMASS to even have a chance at a bid...IMO.....

Uncle Buck
November 4th, 2007, 09:50 AM
UNH has 3 conference losses..........A MUST win against UMASS to even have a chance at a bid...IMO.....

Absolutely. It's amazing how many things can change in one crazy week for the CAA. Two top teams get snake bitten on a storm soaked Saturday and it could ultimately add to the demise of their playoff chances.

That should be a hell of a game, i think it's a tv game as well.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 4th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Both UNH and Elon are in must-win situations with tough games this week. UNH's is tougher, though.

UNHWildCats
November 4th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Wofford is also in a must win. If they lose to Chatty this week its over. Chatty lost by only 7 to Western Kentucky so Chatty shoukdnt be taken lightly.

Elon is in a must win for the rest of the season, they need both games to be playoff eligible.

Seawolf97
November 4th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Wofford is also in a must win. If they lose to Chatty this week its over. Chatty lost by only 7 to Western Kentucky so Chatty shoukdnt be taken lightly.

Elon is in a must win for the rest of the season, they need both games to be playoff eligible.

The unexpected twist to this is Stonybrook at Elon on the 17th. An upset win by the Seawolves could influence the play off picture or the So Con championship. We would need to play a near perfect game for a win.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 4th, 2007, 04:40 PM
....Quite frankly.....it's a must win for everyone....!!!!!

AppGirl
November 4th, 2007, 08:22 PM
The unexpected twist to this is Stonybrook at Elon on the 17th. An upset win by the Seawolves could influence the play off picture or the So Con championship. We would need to play a near perfect game for a win.

If Stonybrook upsets Elon, it could affect their chances of a play-off bid, if they don't get the AQ, but it won't affect their SoCon championship chances.

terrierbob
November 5th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Having experienced the 2002 "woofing", tell me why I should be optimistic, assuming we come out with a "W" agaist the Mocs?

drpnut
November 5th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Terrierbob,

Here are some things to boost you up.

If we beat Chatty on Sat. and Elon and GaSouth loose then we get the auto-bid.

Worst case we will go as an at large. Unlike 02, there are not that many strong teams outside the SoCon or CAA.

Also, remember that last year we were the very last team out-Montana St. got the bid based on their win at Colo. St. and UNH got in despite 3 league losses, but they finished 8-3 not 7-4 like us.

If we take care of business, we are in. We will be on the road and I've already got Thanksgiving weekend booked for a road trip. I figure we go to McNeese or SIU.

Holla

Uncle Buck
November 5th, 2007, 09:36 AM
....Quite frankly.....it's a must win for everyone....!!!!!

I hear that loud and clear! xnodx

appstate38
November 5th, 2007, 10:15 AM
This year has been the strongest case for playoff expansion in my view. Alot of good teams seeking an every shrinking amount of positions for the big dance.

FCS is the best... You either play yourself in or play yourself out of the playoffs.