PDA

View Full Version : UNC @ WIU...

ISUMatt
September 8th, 2005, 09:17 AM
...is on CSTV tonight at 7pm Central. CSTV can be found on channel 610 on DirecTV!!!

Mr. C
September 8th, 2005, 03:28 PM
And it can also be found on Dish Network, Channel 152 as of today. I can't wait to watch it tonight.

NoCoDanny
September 8th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I have no idea what to expect out of UNC tonight. How's that for insight?

putter
September 8th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Always tough to tell after playing your first game against a lower opponent. I think UNC will do fine. They looked pretty good against Mines

ISUMatt
September 8th, 2005, 03:37 PM
WIU got shellacked vs Toledo, they should be nice and pissed off

igo4uni
September 8th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Matt.

I will have to tune in.

peace

igo4uni

youwouldno
September 8th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I bet on this game, WIU -4.5. I'll say this... there are going to be points on the board. UNC really looked weak defensively against the D2 team they played (from the stats) and I question the physicality of their defense. Doughty is going to have a ridiculous game, probably a million tackles and some interceptions on top, but it won't be enough because Glasford will get his yards. LaFalce is not a bad QB, and WIU is a big, physical team on both sides of the ball.

UNC has some great athletes, but ultimately I think they're not a good matchup vs. WIU (especially @WIU). WIU runs a wack defense-- like a 3-3-5-- and they are weak against the run but very effective against the pass. Hager probably will throw a couple picks. And no more Vincent Jackson to overpower coverage in the secondary... Birkel and co. are not bad, but they aren't going to win the game by themselves.

The Bears might need 250 yards rushing to win this one, and I don't think it will happen on short rest, away, against a good coach and historically solid I-AA program.

My prediction:

WIU 41
UNC 27

Hansel
September 8th, 2005, 04:40 PM
internet radio links?

Ronbo
September 8th, 2005, 05:33 PM
WIU Live (http://www.wiu.com/live/)