PDA

View Full Version : how far does montana..

grizzpaw
November 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
fall this week? they win and drop so i expect they won and are the only team that drops!xpeacex

Houndawg
November 3rd, 2007, 06:41 PM
fall this week? they win and drop so i expect they won and are the only team that drops!xpeacex

Fall? Hell, I would have moved them into the top 10 today even if UNH and Umass hadn't lost.

Griz0383
November 3rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
I say 5th! That's seems to be a good number! I have never seen a team lose spots while in the top 5 for not whooping someone's ASS! We beat the teams we were supposed to beat and I can't understand why the amount of points matters. SOS was many games ago and conference play is conference play! I smell a conspiracy!xrulesx

SeattleGriz
November 3rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
I say 5th! That's seems to be a good number! I have never seen a team lose spots while in the top 5 for not whooping someone's ASS! We beat the teams we were supposed to beat and I can't understand why the amount of points matters. SOS was many games ago and conference play is conference play! I smell a conspiracy!xrulesx

I smell some comeuppance for those fans that squawked about the Griz SOS, only to lose to cellar dwellars.

RE/MAXGriz
November 3rd, 2007, 07:03 PM
The Griz just keep on winning!

But watch UMass will stay in the top 10 and the Griz will drop, sigh...

Honestly though, if the Griz can win out I now see this UMass loss as a clear path to them grabbing the #2 seed.

CCU97
November 3rd, 2007, 07:06 PM
The Griz won't drop.....I see them staying at 4 maybe even going up to #3

Chi Panther
November 3rd, 2007, 07:08 PM
IF UNI and Montana win out.....#1 and #2 Seeds......

grizzpaw
November 3rd, 2007, 07:10 PM
they NEVER should have dropped last week! when they were ranked #1 an ajustment was needed because they were not playing like the #1 team but after that ... you know the rest of the story!

FCSFAN
November 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
they NEVER should have dropped last week!What are you talking about??? Montana did not drop last week. They stayed #5 after MOVING up from #6 the week before. xrolleyesx Check your AGS poll.

GreatAppSt
November 3rd, 2007, 09:11 PM
But watch UMass will stay in the top 10 and the Griz will drop, sigh...

They should drop a ways down losing to an unranked team with a losing record at this time of the season.xsmhx your punished more for losing late as you should be.xnodx

skinny_uncle
November 3rd, 2007, 09:16 PM

UNI has games left with Indiana State and Southern Utah. Explain the "if" in your sentence.

Chi Panther
November 3rd, 2007, 09:35 PM
UNI has games left with Indiana State and Southern Utah. Explain the "if" in your sentence.

tru, but I don't want to Jinx it.....

FCSFAN
November 3rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
IF UNI and McNeese win out they are the top two seeds hands down. IF Montana wins out they will get a seed. IF ASU wins out they will get the final seed.

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2007, 12:14 AM
IF UNI and McNeese win out they are the top two seeds hands down. IF Montana wins out they will get a seed. IF ASU wins out they will get the final seed.

You got a crystal ball?

Hands down? I don't think so. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

HensRock
November 4th, 2007, 12:23 AM

And I don't agree with this part either.

swaghook
November 4th, 2007, 12:29 AM
UNI has games left with Indiana State and Southern Utah. Explain the "if" in your sentence.I can see UNI looking past a winless SUU and getting bit in the @$$ or get a good scare out of the game.

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2007, 12:58 AM

And all UMass had to do was beat Rhode Island in a walkover, right?

And what about New Hampshire's pushover game against Northeastern?

UNI still has to play the games....ain't no such thing as a sure thing.

Hence, the "if". ;)

McNeese75
November 4th, 2007, 01:16 AM

BS xsmhx

WyomingGrizFan
November 4th, 2007, 01:50 AM
What are you talking about??? Montana did not drop last week. They stayed #5 after MOVING up from #6 the week before. xrolleyesx Check your AGS poll.

I believe the reference may have been alluding to the Sports Network polls, if not mistaken. Once, the Griz were #1, Griz win, then #3, Griz win, #4, like in the poll the week of 29 October 2007, previous ranking number three, etc. etc. etc.....something like that, at least the way its been going over on that site; now 9 - 0. Gawd knows how bad that's going to be viewed.

But at least they got 112 voters; or is it one guy casting 112 votes? Can't tell for sure.

FCS Go!
November 4th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Griz won't drop but McNeese will pass them to get the # 3 spot. xnodx

I agree with FCSFanboy that App St gets the final seed if they win out. Montana still has a shot at the #2 seed though xprayx

TokyoGriz
November 4th, 2007, 04:01 AM
I predict a #3 seed going into the playoffs as well.

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 06:35 AM
tru, but I don't want to Jinx it.....

A man after my own heart. My biggest source of paranoia would be the potential for running into bad weather. I think that's probably what happened to UMass yesterday. UNI's remaining games at home indoors?

Course, you're not likely to get impacted by a hurricane turned extra-tropical storm in Indiana or Utah anyway.

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Remember, what the polls say is supposed to have nothing to do with where teams are seeded.

Gil Dobie
November 4th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I have reservations about keeping Montana #2. I had Montana high because of their defense.

nmatsen
November 4th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Win out and UNI gets the #1, Montana gets the #2. The selection comittee will not pass up a nationally telivised semi-final game at Wa Griz, I know McNeese is something else but they are not Montana. Don't have to agree with it, but deal with it. An 11-0 Montana gets all three playoff games at home. Besides, IF we make it to Chatanooga I want a piece of the Griz off their own turf. McNeese will get the #3 and no way they pass up Southern Illinois for the four seed for Appy. 10-1 with their only loss coming on the road to the number one team in the nation by LESS THAN A TOUCHDOWN?

GrizFanIRAQ
November 4th, 2007, 10:29 AM

How is McNeese ahead of MT?....they have the weakest schedule in the nation....even easier than MT, and we have been blasted the whole season about our stregnth of schedule!

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/toughest%20schedule/iaa_9games_cumm.pdf

UDBlueLotFan
November 4th, 2007, 10:39 AM
No one thinks the CAA champ gets a seed? xconfusedx IF, UD wins out and is 10-1, I would be hard pressed to think they wouldn't get the #3 or #4 seed.xnodx

McTailGator
November 4th, 2007, 10:47 AM
How is McNeese ahead of MT?....they have the weakest schedule in the nation....even easier than MT, and we have been blasted the whole season about our stregnth of schedule!

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/toughest%20schedule/iaa_9games_cumm.pdf

What is McNeese's average margin of victory vs the Griz's average margin of victory?

THAT is what will propel McNeese over the Griz if it is more impressive to the committee.

They will not take into account Wash-Griz when determining seeds. Only records, and strengths of the TEAMs'

Hansel
November 4th, 2007, 10:52 AM
No one thinks the CAA champ gets a seed? xconfusedx IF, UD wins out and is 10-1, I would be hard pressed to think they wouldn't get the #3 or #4 seed.xnodx

If the season ended today it would be

#1 UNI
#2 Montana
#3 McNeese
#4 Delaware

IMHO

McTailGator
November 4th, 2007, 10:53 AM

I think it will be:

1-UNI
2-McNeese
3-Montana
4-Delaware

And it could be a toss up between the 3 and 4 seeds, so the Blue Chickens might move ahead of the Griz if the committee considers the Griz's SOS and what could be considered a less than impressive margin of Victory? But it's a super secret top secret coin toss formula, so who knows.

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 10:55 AM

Are you serving in the military over there?

Anyway, there are some reasonable basis for ranking McNeese higher.

The NCAA schedule you linked only looks at won/loss records of opponents. It does not take into account that one opponent can be stronger than another even if the other has a better won/loss record. By some strength of schedule measures, such as Sagarin's, McNeese's schedule to date has actually been slightly tougher (186 vs. 192 among all D-I schedules). Sagarins' rating only counts D-1 opponents, but counting non D-I would only increase McNeese's slight edge because the Cowboys played what is still at this point a top 25 D-II team (South Dakota) while Montana played one (Fort Lewis) that is 1-8 at this point.

Another point is that there isn't a whole lot of difference in the schedules even if you use the NCAA ratings (102 vs. 109) and McNeese has not been challenged in any game. The Cowboys have only won by fewer than 20 points once (by 10 against Sam Houston) and that was one in which they fumbled the ball away two (or was it three) times in the red zone and still led by 17 until the opponent put up a cosmetic TD with a 1:04 remaining in the game.

Finally, McNeese has been somewhat more impressive against their two common opponents, Portland State and Southern Utah. The Cowboys beat Southern Utah by 21 on the road while Montana beat the Thunderbirds by 20 at home.

Additionally, the final McNeese score was another "late cosmetic touchdown thing." McNeese led Southern Utah 41-7 until Southern Utah scored two TDs in the final 5 minutes of the game as McNeese cleared the bench. The final TD came with 1:38 left to make the final score 41-20.

In contrast, Southern Utah trailed Montana by "only" 27-17 until Montana scored a TD with 3:16 left in the game. The Griz tacked on a field goal with 1:49 left to make the final 37-17.

Then there's Portland State. McNeese beat the Vikings 35-12. Montana beat them 34-31.

Yes, one could argue that McNeese played Portland State in the Vikings' first game under the new system. And none of the stuff noted above will matter if the two teams meet in the playoffs. But if you're someone without a dog in the fight and just trying to rank teams, it's perfectly reasonable to have McNeese ranked higher at this point. If you're going to go with schedule strength ratings you'd have to say the two schedules are comparable and McNeese has been more dominant than Montana has.

D1B
November 4th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Win out and UNI gets the #1, Montana gets the #2. The selection comittee will not pass up a nationally telivised semi-final game at Wa Griz, I know McNeese is something else but they are not Montana. Don't have to agree with it, but deal with it. An 11-0 Montana gets all three playoff games at home. Besides, IF we make it to Chatanooga I want a piece of the Griz off their own turf. McNeese will get the #3 and no way they pass up Southern Illinois for the four seed for Appy. 10-1 with their only loss coming on the road to the number one team in the nation by LESS THAN A TOUCHDOWN?

Case closed.xnodx

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

D1B
November 4th, 2007, 11:08 AM
They will not take into account Wash-Griz when determining seeds. Only records, and strengths of the TEAMs'

Yes they will.xnodx

Cleets
November 4th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Yes they will.xnodx

26,000 screaming loony-tunes Montana fans in a beautiful setting at a fabulous stadium...

Yeah, why would we want that on TV...xlolx

Hansel
November 4th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Yes they will.xnodx

Indeed xnodx

SeattleGriz
November 4th, 2007, 11:16 AM
26,000 screaming loony-tunes Montana fans in a beautiful setting at a fabulous stadium...

Yeah, why would we want that on TV...xlolx

Exactly.

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/vs_Massachus/um-mass-2006.wmv

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2007, 11:21 AM
... Anyway, there are some reasonable basis for ranking McNeese higher. ... Sagarins' rating only counts D-1 opponents, but counting non D-I would only increase McNeese's slight edge ... it's perfectly reasonable to have McNeese ranked higher at this point. ...Massey SOS:
McNeese State=57
Montana=89

GPI:
McNeese State=4
Montana=11

AGS Poll:
McNeese State=3
Montana=5

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah, why would we want that on TV...xlolxNot that attendance matters for seeding teams but Washington-Grizzly Attendance in 2006 Playoffs: 20077, 18883, 23454, not 26000.

Cowboy Stadium, better known as "The Hole" is also a beautiful setting and fabulous stadium.

GrizFanIRAQ
November 4th, 2007, 11:55 AM
What is McNeese's average margin of victory vs the Griz's average margin of victory?

THAT is what will propel McNeese over the Griz if it is more impressive to the committee.

Your rightxthumbsupx .....WA-griz doesnt bring NCAA anymore money than the average FCS stadium!!!xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I have reservations about keeping Montana #2. I had Montana high because of their defense.

And the same offense that scored 68 against Weber last weekend only got 24 off UM...and the first TD came on a VERY short field (29 yard drive).

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Are you serving in the military over there?

Anyway, there are some reasonable basis for ranking McNeese higher.

The NCAA schedule you linked only looks at won/loss records of opponents. It does not take into account that one opponent can be stronger than another even if the other has a better won/loss record. By some strength of schedule measures, such as Sagarin's, McNeese's schedule to date has actually been slightly tougher (186 vs. 192 among all D-I schedules). Sagarins' rating only counts D-1 opponents, but counting non D-I would only increase McNeese's slight edge because the Cowboys played what is still at this point a top 25 D-II team (South Dakota) while Montana played one (Fort Lewis) that is 1-8 at this point.

Another point is that there isn't a whole lot of difference in the schedules even if you use the NCAA ratings (102 vs. 109) and McNeese has not been challenged in any game. The Cowboys have only won by fewer than 20 points once (by 10 against Sam Houston) and that was one in which they fumbled the ball away two (or was it three) times in the red zone and still led by 17 until the opponent put up a cosmetic TD with a 1:04 remaining in the game.

Finally, McNeese has been somewhat more impressive against their two common opponents, Portland State and Southern Utah. The Cowboys beat Southern Utah by 21 on the road while Montana beat the Thunderbirds by 20 at home.

Additionally, the final McNeese score was another "late cosmetic touchdown thing." McNeese led Southern Utah 41-7 until Southern Utah scored two TDs in the final 5 minutes of the game as McNeese cleared the bench. The final TD came with 1:38 left to make the final score 41-20.

In contrast, Southern Utah trailed Montana by "only" 27-17 until Montana scored a TD with 3:16 left in the game. The Griz tacked on a field goal with 1:49 left to make the final 37-17.

Then there's Portland State. McNeese beat the Vikings 35-12. Montana beat them 34-31.

Yes, one could argue that McNeese played Portland State in the Vikings' first game under the new system. And none of the stuff noted above will matter if the two teams meet in the playoffs. But if you're someone without a dog in the fight and just trying to rank teams, it's perfectly reasonable to have McNeese ranked higher at this point. If you're going to go with schedule strength ratings you'd have to say the two schedules are comparable and McNeese has been more dominant than Montana has.

a) Comparing your game against PSU to our game against a conference opponent who has been gunning for us ALL year is absurd.

b) Once again, Bobby Hauck's propensity to clear the benches throughout the game in games he fully expects to win, and his willingness to kneel and not score late in the game drives the impression that the Griz are "weak". The Griz ended the SUU game on the 6 yard line. Would you be more impressed if they'd pushed across another score?

Keep thinkin' like that, John. See how far it gets you in the playoffs.

Mountain Panther
November 4th, 2007, 12:46 PM
b) Once again, Bobby Hauck's propensity to clear the benches throughout the game in games he fully expects to win, and his willingness to kneel and not score late in the game drives the impression that the Griz are "weak". The Griz ended the SUU game on the 6 yard line. Would you be more impressed if they'd pushed across another score?

First of all, congrats to the Griz on another Big Sky title. xthumbsupx

Second, I listened to the last quarter of your game yesterday. Did Hauck really have his bench cleared? If so, then he must be a gamblin' man, because the way I heard it, the Griz were lucky to get that last first down, otherwise they would have had to give it back to PSU with enough time for a long FG try to tie. xconfusedx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2007, 01:05 PM
a) Comparing your game against PSU to our game against a conference opponent who has been gunning for us ALL year is absurd.

“We've been practicing for (Montana) since the spring,” Glanville said. “To be honest with you, we dedicated two days every week to it. We dedicated a lot to beating them.” -Jerry Glanville PSU

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Did Hauck really have his bench cleared?No, Hauck did not clear his bench against PSU.

Syntax Error
November 4th, 2007, 01:14 PM
a) Comparing your game against PSU to our game against a conference opponent who has been gunning for us ALL year is absurd.Absurd is rather strong language but it is true that comparing MSU vs. PSU and UM vs. PSU is illogical considering UM vs. PSU are conference rivals.

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 01:32 PM

All I said is that it's not unreasonable for somebody who has no particular loyalty to either school to rank McNeese ahead of Montana at this point. McNeese plays a lot of players throughout the game too and kneels late in the game. But the bottom line is that Montana's been challenged in some games this year and McNeese has not.

As far as the SUU game, the Thunderbirds were in the game with Montana into the fourth quarter. The score was 17-9 at the end of three and Montana was playing at home. Playing on the road, McNeese led by 34 - 7 over SUU after three quarters.

And the Portland State game? I think the better argument for that one involves the fact that it was the Vikings' first game under the new coaching staff and their systems so that they hadn't ever applied what they'd learned under real-game circumstances. McNeese was their very first game under the new staff and I think they were pretty focused as well as revved up. I think the idea that a difference that big in terms of how easily each team handled the common opponent can be "explained" by them being more focused and revved up for Montana given the circumstances of the McNeese game (i.e., opening game of the season, first game of the Glanville tenure, etc.) is pretty weak.

Again, none of that means anything in the playoffs. But if you're a person with no dog in the fight trying to decide which team to rank higher ranking McNeese higher AT THIS POINT based on what has happened THIS SEASON is very defensable. It's not like it's crazy to do it.

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2007, 01:33 PM
First of all, congrats to the Griz on another Big Sky title. xthumbsupx

Second, I listened to the last quarter of your game yesterday. Did Hauck really have his bench cleared? If so, then he must be a gamblin' man, because the way I heard it, the Griz were lucky to get that last first down, otherwise they would have had to give it back to PSU with enough time for a long FG try to tie. xconfusedx

No, Hauck did not clear his bench against PSU.

THe "benches cleared" comment was in reference to his substitution patterns in the early season OOC games (SUU being no exception). He routinely plays all 95 guys in uniform, and doesn't really concern himself with the final score, as long as we have more points than the other guy. xnodx xnodx xnodx

uofmman1122
November 4th, 2007, 01:44 PM
And the Portland State game? I think the better argument for that one involves the fact that it was the Vikings' first game under the new coaching staff and their systems so that they hadn't ever applied what they'd learned under real-game circumstances. McNeese was their very first game under the new staff and I think they were pretty focused as well as revved up. I think the idea that a difference that big in terms of how easily each team handled the common opponent can be "explained" by them being more focused and revved up for Montana given the circumstances of the McNeese game (i.e., opening game of the season, first game of the Glanville tenure, etc.) is pretty weak.“We've been practicing for (Montana) since the spring,” Glanville said. “To be honest with you, we dedicated two days every week to it. We dedicated a lot to beating them.” -Jerry Glanville PSU

PSU has been looking past their opponents all year long, it seems. So, even while they were preparing to play McNeese St., they were still practicing and preparing for a Montana game that was 2 months away. I don't see how that's so hard to understand. You seem to be turning every single Montana thread into how much better McNeese St. is than Montana. xlolx

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Absurd is rather strong language but it is true that comparing MSU vs. PSU and UM vs. PSU is illogical considering UM vs. PSU are conference rivals.

It's just one piece of information.

What I wonder is why the poll thing bothers people anyway. It doesn't make any difference. If people are really under rating Montana the Griz are going to get a chance to prove them wrong.

Green26
November 4th, 2007, 01:56 PM
"Lucky" to get the last first down? What are you talking about, Mountain Panther? UM needed one yard for the first down on that play, and Hillard picked up 4 yards. What's lucky about that?

UM drove down the field in 14 plays to run off the last 5:59 of the game. Hillard's last run was to the 17. There were about 40 seconds left at that time. UM's defense had held PSU scoreless in the second half. UM's defense had limited PSU's offense to 88 yards in the second half. PSU had 112 yards of total offense in the second half, of which 24 came on a fake punt.

Your statement has no basis in fact, and is total BS.

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 02:15 PM
“We've been practicing for (Montana) since the spring,” Glanville said. “To be honest with you, we dedicated two days every week to it. We dedicated a lot to beating them.” -Jerry Glanville PSU

PSU has been looking past their opponents all year long, it seems. So, even while they were preparing to play McNeese St., they were still practicing and preparing for a Montana game that was 2 months away. I don't see how that's so hard to understand. You seem to be turning every single Montana thread into how much better McNeese St. is than Montana. xlolx

No, all I did was say that there is a reasonable basis for ranking McNeese ahead of Montana in a poll. And, frankly, I think what Glanville said in that regard is an exaggeration (Glanville exaggerating...what a shocker). I don't think Portland State was spending two days of every week practicing for Montana. That would be flat out stupid.

Besides, even if you toss the Portland State thing out, there's a reasonable basis in the remaining information for somebody ranking McNeese ahead of Montana in a poll vote at this point. It's still a situation where one can point to schedule strength ratings that indicate the two schedules are comparable and McNeese hasn't been challenged while Montana has been. And if Southern Utah is the only common opponent one wishes to consider it's still reasonable to conclude that McNeese handled the Thunderbirds easier on the road than Montana did at home.

No, that doesn't mean we "know" one team is better than the other. But if you're just trying to decide where to rank teams in a poll it's not unreasonable to rank McNeese higher. And if you look at where things were last week (this week's hasn't come out yet) at http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm , you can see that a lot of rankings did that. I don't think anything happened this past weekend that's likely to change that much. It's not an outlandish thing.

Green26
November 4th, 2007, 02:21 PM
McNeese may be very good this, but they don't deserve to ranked above Montana, in my view.

McNeese75
November 4th, 2007, 03:01 PM
McNeese may be very good this, but they don't deserve to ranked above Montana, in my view.

xthumbsupx And in my view the Griz will be right where they belong when they are seeded behind the Cowboys.

Check with the PSU fans on their forum and ask about comparing the Griz to the Cowboys. I don't think you will like what you hear xwhistlex

grizzpaw
November 4th, 2007, 03:02 PM
McNeese just does't want to come back to montana again xthumbsupx and be one and DONE AGAIN!:D xpeacex

McNeese75
November 4th, 2007, 03:04 PM
McNeese just does't want to come back to montana again xthumbsupx and be one and DONE AGAIN!:D xpeacex

Ohhhhh, I don't think the Griz want to travel down here either :D

grizzpaw
November 4th, 2007, 03:08 PM
YES I DO! the fans are great or the ones that came up here last year and i want to tailgate with ya

McNeese75
November 4th, 2007, 03:21 PM
YES I DO! the fans are great or the ones that came up here last year and i want to tailgate with ya

:D xthumbsupx I made my first trip to Wash/Griz last year and it was a great experience. If it is in the cards, I will be there again this year xnodx

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 04:24 PM

You're right. But...remember...Montana's been one and done both times it's gone to McNeese. It's important. Of COURSE I'd be delighted if McNeese got a seed high enough to mean the Cowboys wouldn't have to go to Missoula. I think Montana's got the greatest home field advantage in all of FCS.

Grizaholic17
November 4th, 2007, 04:51 PM
xthumbsupx And in my view the Griz will be right where they belong when they are seeded behind the Cowboys.

Check with the PSU fans on their forum and ask about comparing the Griz to the Cowboys. I don't think you will like what you hear xwhistlex

I did what you asked, and messaged a couple of them, they seemed to have Montana as a better team. Sorry.

Grizaholic17: Do you think McNeese or Montana was a better opponent?
VikingPride02: It is clear to me as many PSU fans would believe, that Montana hails the better opponent. Granted McNeese was a worthy opponent, Montana is Montana...good.

McNeese75
November 4th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I did what you asked, and messaged a couple of them, they seemed to have Montana as a better team. Sorry.

PSUVikings Today at 10:32 am

McNeese75 wrote:MM, I know the games were at opposite ends of the season and things have changed a lot for the Vikes but do you or anyone else have any insight in comparing the Griz and Cowboy teams this year? Inquiring minds want to know.

You guys are 1 Billion times faster then Montana and more athletic.

xrolleyesx Funny, I got this from their Site Administrator, xwhistlex

Those and $5 might get us a xcoffeex

Grizalltheway
November 4th, 2007, 05:08 PM
PSUVikings Today at 10:32 am

McNeese75 wrote:MM, I know the games were at opposite ends of the season and things have changed a lot for the Vikes but do you or anyone else have any insight in comparing the Griz and Cowboy teams this year? Inquiring minds want to know.

xrolleyesx Funny, I got this from their Site Administrator, xwhistlex

Those and $5 might get us a xcoffeex

Nice hyperbole. I think someone was a little disappointed after their coach got them all excited about taking down the mighty Griz. xcoffeex

McTailGator
November 4th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Yes they will.xnodx

NO THEY WILL NOT...

McTailGator
November 4th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Your rightxthumbsupx .....WA-griz doesnt bring NCAA anymore money than the average FCS stadium!!!xthumbsupx

Wow,

I thought yo Grix fans above all knew how the SEEDINGs worked...

Guess I was wrong. In fact the 1994 McNeese vs Griz game is the basis for NOT using money as a factor in chosing the seedings.

LOOK IT UP. xrulesx

McTailGator
November 4th, 2007, 05:24 PM

Care to read my view?

Or the view of the PSU fans and S. Utah fans?

http://portlandstatefans.realbb.net/portland-state-football-f1/portland-state-montana-thread-t1439-15.htm

by PSUVikings Today at 11:32 am

McNeese75 wrote:
MM, I know the games were at opposite ends of the season and things have changed a lot for the Vikes but do you or anyone else have any insight in comparing the Griz and Cowboy teams this year? Inquiring minds want to know.

MM's response:

Griz0383
November 4th, 2007, 05:50 PM
If memory serves I think Mcneese was 1 and done receintly in missoula but who cares! The cowbows are tough, UNI is tough, ASU is tough and Montana is tough and the tough go on and on. There is no shame in losing be it the 1st round or the NC game. Generally the best team wins and most importanly Montana looks good and TV and if Griz win out $$$$ = #2 seed!xthumbsupx

McNeese75
November 4th, 2007, 05:56 PM
If memory serves I think Mcneese was 1 and done receintly in missoula but who cares! The cowbows are tough, UNI is tough, ASU is tough and Montana is tough and the tough go on and on. There is no shame in losing be it the 1st round or the NC game. Generally the best team wins and most importanly Montana looks good and TV and if Griz win out $$$$ = #2 seed!xthumbsupx

The fear is showing in your eyes there Griz :D

MSU_77
November 4th, 2007, 05:56 PM

If you look at the playoff game result at Montana in 2006, you'd be right. However, based on the 2007 season so far, I think it's apparent that McNeese has had the better team so far. Both of us have have fairly weak opponents on average, but the McNeese point differential (22 PPG vs. 18.5) is greater. We've had two common opponents, and McNeese dominated both from start to finish while Montana did not.

See you in Lake Charles! xsmiley_wix

McTailGator
November 4th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Yea,

Well good thing this is an entirely new year! xsmiley_wix

And dispite what you poor Griz fans think,

$$$$
or
TV looks has ZERO to do with SEEDINGS, and you should know that.

Besides, Cowboy Stadium is pretty darn impressive on TV too. And I think our press Box alone gets the nod for faclity choice as far as the TV and media goes. Not that that even counts AT ALL as a top 4 seed.

With a head coach that now has his team, his system, and his coaches in place.

Do not judge this McNeese team with ANY other McNeese team (including those in 1997 or 2007 that beat the Griz). This McNeese team would beat last years McNeese team by 60 Points.

Ask any of our SLC opponets that we have already played.

McTailGator
November 4th, 2007, 06:00 PM

Do the years 1997 and 2002 have any meaning to Griz Fans?

I don't think the Griz want a trip to "The Hole" either do ya?:p

Peems
November 4th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Care to read my view?

Or the view of the PSU fans and S. Utah fans?

http://portlandstatefans.realbb.net/portland-state-football-f1/portland-state-montana-thread-t1439-15.htm

by PSUVikings Today at 11:32 am

McNeese75 wrote:
MM, I know the games were at opposite ends of the season and things have changed a lot for the Vikes but do you or anyone else have any insight in comparing the Griz and Cowboy teams this year? Inquiring minds want to know.

MM's response:

I bet you are faster in certain positions than the Griz and possibly more athletic(how that is determined, I don't know). But are you a better team? That is yet to be decided.

JohnStOnge
November 4th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I bet you are faster in certain positions than the Griz and possibly more athletic(how that is determined, I don't know). But are you a better team? That is yet to be decided.

It is very difficult to get a read on McNeese because of their schedule. It turned out to be weak...but McNeese has totally dominated every team on it so far.

Again, I'm not talking about being able to "prove" McNeese or Montana is better. I'm just saying that...given what's happened so far this season... it's not unreasonable for somebody to decide to rank McNeese higher than Montana when they decide on how they're going to vote in a poll.

McNeese75
November 4th, 2007, 07:36 PM

What would be your "standard" for a "better team" other than the obvious head to head game. Tell us where you think the Griz might be a "better team" than the Cowboys this year ?? Team Chemistry? (I seriously doubt it). Offensive performance? Not likely, Defense? Possibly based on some of your stats but I bet if we compile the amount of time the McNeese Defensive starters have been off the field compared to the Griz Starters I would bet the starting Cowboys have been on the sidelines more.

We understand with some of the close calls you have had this year it was not always possible to pull the D.

OH, and tell me where the true team speed is on the Griz Team. Where do you think the Griz have more speed than McNeese. Be careful, its a trap :D

Just making conversation here Peems xnodx xsmiley_wix

WyomingGrizFan
November 4th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Do not judge this McNeese team with ANY other McNeese team (including those in 1997 or 2007 that beat the Griz).

Excuse me for a moment. This above statement confuses me. I know not of any team in 2007 that has beaten the Griz yet. We're 9 - 0 the latest I've looked.

That being said, I think the discussion of whether of two teams, a perceived #3 and a perceived #4 being one way better than the other here is really misdirected. As if they're going to meet each other in the First Round of the FCS Play-offs?

Besides which, any typical lowlife rats' ass passed out in the gutter can easily rank #1 versus #16, #2 versus #15, etc. etc. etc. instead of some concocted 'regional, geographical' bracketing of teams that has become all so familiar in previous years. Only four teams seeded?

Any equitable consideration would warrant necessarily to rank all sixteen teams chosen for the Play-offs fairly and justly, in order to really deliver the true National Champion. Not arguing with the past way of doing things, that's done and gone anyways, but I would imagine that the peoples of the Southland Conference are rather tired of this West versus West (...of the Mississippi, that is) so the East can clean up, so to speak, once the playoffs are underway with the 'real' homefield advantage in Tennessee.

Its been done before, Cal Poly in Missoula for the second time in the same season, Cal Poly versus Texas State afterwards, EWU versus Northern Iowa, NAU versus McNeese St., S Houston St., NW St., & McNeese St. all having to go through Missoula in recent years; Why isn't it #1 versus #16, #2 versus 15, etc...instead of #3 versus #4, just because they're Western State teams?..meeting in the First Round? That's what has been burning me in recent selections. It should be eight teams seeded and the other eight at-large teams being the travelling teams to the individual conference champions; why isn't it?

P.S.-And I can just about imagine the answer; well,.."of those eight at-large teams some might be rated higher in the Polls." You know, like Hampton was seeded #4 a couple years back when the highest rated team they beat all of that year was rated no higher than #19.

Of course they sent Furman to Bozeman last year, thinking that Furman would walk all over the Bobcats. Didn't quite turn out that way did it?

McNeese75
November 4th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Excuse me for a moment. This above statement confuses me. I know not of any team in 2007 that has beaten the Griz yet. We're 9 - 0 the latest I've looked.

Hummmm sounds good to me. Just remember that when the Griz fans start chanting about the first playoff game last year and think that should have some bearing on something this year. xcoffeex

FormerPokeCenter
November 4th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Actually, I know this is going to be an upopular sentiment with most Cowboy fans, who want a home game....but.....

I kinda wanna go back to Montana this year.

I'd like to be a little healthier this year and I'd want officials who'll actually call holding, but I wouldn't have a problem at all if they sent us back to Montana...

I don't think the kids would mind, either...

McNeese75
November 4th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Actually, I know this is going to be an upopular sentiment with most Cowboy fans, who want a home game....but.....

I kinda wanna go back to Montana this year.

I'd like to be a little healthier this year and I'd want officials who'll actually call holding, but I wouldn't have a problem at all if they sent us back to Montana...

I don't think the kids would mind, either...

Good luck on the holding thing but I understand the thought of going back.

GeauxColonels
November 4th, 2007, 09:50 PM
They moved up to #4 in my poll this week.

AZGrizFan
November 4th, 2007, 09:52 PM
They moved up to #4 in my poll this week.

My poll was a little more difficult this week, since I didn't complete a ballot last week I had to go back through two weeks of data to determine poll positions...thus, this week's poll looks considerably different from that of two weeks ago, particularly with the CAA and SoCon messes.... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Chi Panther
November 4th, 2007, 10:04 PM
A man after my own heart. My biggest source of paranoia would be the potential for running into bad weather. I think that's probably what happened to UMass yesterday. UNI's remaining games at home indoors?

Course, you're not likely to get impacted by a hurricane turned extra-tropical storm in Indiana or Utah anyway.

They are in the UNI DOMExthumbsupx.....funny thing is, our Defense has played better outside all year.....but that also could have to do with the competition.....at home vs the road....

putter
November 4th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I don't know why I am stepping into this pissing match but what the heck. On the year both Montana and McNeese have been criticised becuase of their SOS and yet they have played very well. I have not seen McNeese play and I doubt most of the McNeese fans have seen Montana play so everything is conjecture. Believe it or not, I think last years game is one you can use. I thought that last year McNeese had excellent speed and was a very good team and while i don't know whom or how many players they lost, the Montana team on defense is almost identical to last years. I think that no matter where the game is played it will be a good one with Montana prevaling because of their defense. Again, this is based on what I saw last year in that game and nothing more. The McCowboys have played well enough to be seeded and we will see in a couple of weeks, provided everyone takes care of business and does not pull a UMass.

MaroonMafia
November 6th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Speaking of last years match-up between McNeese and Montana, here are the highlights to refresh your memories xthumbsupx

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/vs_McNeese_S/um-mcneese-2006.wmv

GolfingGriz
November 6th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Speaking of last years match-up between McNeese and Montana, here are the highlights to refresh your memories xthumbsupx

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/vs_McNeese_S/um-mcneese-2006.wmv

If they do play again this year, hopefully McNeese knows how to tacklexlolx . I mean i know big montana boys can be hard to tackle, but those DB's didn't want anything to do with him.

Go Apps
November 6th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Looks like Montana exits in round 2

Mountain Panther
November 6th, 2007, 09:16 AM
but those DB's didn't want anything to do with him.

They were too busy trying to figure what those big piles of white stuff on the sidelines were.

McNeese75
November 6th, 2007, 10:55 AM
If they do play again this year, hopefully McNeese knows how to tacklexlolx . I mean i know big montana boys can be hard to tackle, but those DB's didn't want anything to do with him.

Based on your performance so far this year you better hope Montana's offense starts stepping up. Your marginal performance this year has been surprising to everyone. And that touted defense you keep talking about has come close to giving it up to EWU, PSU, yada yada.

If we play you in your place, it will be a good game. If you have to come here, well, I don't think you are going to fair so well. Of course you still have to get by the Cats in Bozeman :D

McNeese75
November 6th, 2007, 10:57 AM

While we are at it, lets pull up the Montana vs Umass playoff game. That was an outstanding one by the Griz too xlolx

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM
While we are at it, lets pull up the Montana vs Umass playoff game. That was an outstanding one by the Griz too xlolx

Remind me again how many playoff games McNeese played last year?

MCFAN
November 6th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Remind me again how many playoff games McNeese played last year?

About the same number the Griz play when they play one on the road.

MSU_77
November 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM

Double rimshot - cymbal.

uofmman1122
November 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Of course you still have to get by the Cats in Bozeman :DNo gimme, of course. As always, it'll be our toughest regular season game.

About the same number the Griz play when they play one on the road.Well then, I guess people better hope and pray that we don't win out and get that #2 seed. xlolx ;) xpeacex

Stubbins
November 6th, 2007, 11:35 AM

I would personally love to see the Griz a number 3 and McNeese a number 2

MaroonMafia
November 6th, 2007, 11:35 AM
After watching those highlights, I do have a more serious question: Your stud DE Smith was definitely explosive, but seemed to over persue in his speed rush and create big holes underneath him. Seemed like we had quite a few big plays when we stepped under his pressure... Has he improved on keeping contain in his pass rush this year? That is something about Kroy Biermann that's always impressed me, he gets a good rush without losing contain of the pocket. (No smack intended!)

FormerPokeCenter
November 6th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Smith has gotten stronger, so I think he's probably able to run through being held this year, whereas last year, he had to run around being held to be effective...

But, probably the biggest difference for us, on the defensive line, has been the return of Vaalyn Jackson in the middle, and the maturity and development of our other defensive tackles.. Vaalyn was academically ineligible last year, so he had to sit on the sidelines and hit the books and watch. That's made him pretty hungry....He's not overly big at 6'0, 290 or so, but he's very, very, very strong and very, very quick. Most people have to double him, wereas last year, you could effectively single block us up front.....

I think what you're seeing on last year's highlights is not so much Smith losing containment as it is a dearth of pressure in the middle last year.

This year the pressure up the middle is much stronger....

The other thing is that we're not blitzing nearly as much as we have in years past. We're playing straight up base defense....

MaroonMafia
November 6th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Smith has gotten stronger, so I think he's probably able to run through being held this year, whereas last year, he had to run around being held to be effective...

But, probably the biggest difference for us, on the defensive line, has been the return of Vaalyn Jackson in the middle, and the maturity and development of our other defensive tackles.. Vaalyn was academically ineligible last year, so he had to sit on the sidelines and hit the books and watch. That's made him pretty hungry....He's not overly big at 6'0, 290 or so, but he's very, very, very strong and very, very quick. Most people have to double him, wereas last year, you could effectively single block us up front.....

I think what you're seeing on last year's highlights is not so much Smith losing containment as it is a dearth of pressure in the middle last year.

The other thing is that we're not blitzing nearly as much as we have in years past. We're playing straight up base defense....

Thanks for the reply! Sounds like it would be an awesome match-up in the playoffs this year, regardless of where it's played.

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 12:34 PM

I just find it humorous that a McNeese fan would attempt to slam the Griz for losing when they were playing in the SEMIFINAL game, after the Cowgirls lost their opening round game---for the 5th time in their last 6 playoff appearances (albeit, however brief those appearances may be).

nevadagriz
November 6th, 2007, 01:05 PM
They play in a much tougher conference so they are wore out before the first round game! AZ don't you know nothing????:p

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 01:06 PM
They play in a much tougher conference so they are wore out before the first round game! AZ don't you know nothing????:p

Sorry, I thought that was their excuse for only making the playoffs 2 out of every 5 years. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

McNeese75
November 6th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Sorry, I thought that was their excuse for only making the playoffs 2 out of every 5 years. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Same ole story xrotatehx Griz will not make it out of the semi's this year no matter where they are played xwhistlex

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Most of what you say here is true but what I notice about McNeese is the O-line is very good this year. The interior of the D line is stronger as you said. But I don't see in Foster what some of the McNeese fans see in him as he is taken out of plays fairly easily with one lineman. he is not double teamed very often. and can also be easily taken out by a single back if they hit him with a good block. he is very fast and can run down plays but is not very strong and gets pushed out of the way a lot. Fourroux is good but has a tendency to throw behind his receivers like out QB does about 1/2 the time. Bush and Pendaland are also real good backs. Good receivers as well...Lawrence and Franklin are very good at WR. McNeese's screens are well executed and usually get good yardage. You guys seem to be going to the tight ends a lot more later in the season and Mangan is a good one. Your offense is very strong but your D can be exploited or so it looks like once you get past the D line.

mlbowl
November 6th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Same ole story xrotatehx Griz will not make it out of the semi's this year no matter where they are played xwhistlex

Yeah...cuz we've never made it to the Championship....one of these years....one of these yearsxprayx

McNeese72
November 6th, 2007, 03:25 PM
After watching those highlights, I do have a more serious question: Your stud DE Smith was definitely explosive, but seemed to over persue in his speed rush and create big holes underneath him. Seemed like we had quite a few big plays when we stepped under his pressure... Has he improved on keeping contain in his pass rush this year? That is something about Kroy Biermann that's always impressed me, he gets a good rush without losing contain of the pocket. (No smack intended!)

Vaalyn Jackson wasn't playing Defensive Tackle last season.

Doc

MCFAN
November 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM
No gimme, of course. As always, it'll be our toughest regular season game.
Well then, I guess people better hope and pray that we don't win out and get that #2 seed. xlolx ;) xpeacex

Yeah, I guess thats right, but you should probably pray that you do since you're 0 for 2 in playoff games in Lake Charles.

MCFAN
November 6th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I just find it humorous that a McNeese fan would attempt to slam the Griz for losing when they were playing in the SEMIFINAL game, after the Cowgirls lost their opening round game---for the 5th time in their last 6 playoff appearances (albeit, however brief those appearances may be).

You're the one that started the "humorous" cracks about last year. We've both got two left to play. If we both win out, I'm sure both teams would want the #2 seed. Your record in Wash-Griz speaks for itself, but if we get you at our place I like our chances.

DuckDuckGriz
November 6th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I guess thats right, but you should probably pray that you do since you're 0 for 2 in playoff games in Lake Charles.

By a combined score of 5 points -- one of which where we blew a 17 point lead, and you went to the national championship both times. I'd say we still have a fair shot xrolleyesx

McNeese75
November 6th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Most of what you say here is true but what I notice about McNeese is the O-line is very good this year. The interior of the D line is stronger as you said. But I don't see in Foster what some of the McNeese fans see in him as he is taken out of plays fairly easily with one lineman. he is not double teamed very often. and can also be easily taken out by a single back if they hit him with a good block. he is very fast and can run down plays but is not very strong and gets pushed out of the way a lot. Fourroux is good but has a tendency to throw behind his receivers like out QB does about 1/2 the time. Bush and Pendaland are also real good backs. Good receivers as well...Lawrence and Franklin are very good at WR. McNeese's screens are well executed and usually get good yardage. You guys seem to be going to the tight ends a lot more later in the season and Mangan is a good one. Your offense is very strong but your D can be exploited or so it looks like once you get past the D line.

Does Foster = Smith?

Seems a fair assessment although I probably do not agree about Smith. The only time he is usually taken out by one lineman is if he is being tackled or having his jersey ripped off. A big physical team that can control the ball with no errors and score every possession could be a problem for the defense. McNeese is 3rd in the Nation in turnover margin (+15) and that is not the result of opposing players just dropping the ball.

McNeese75
November 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM
By a combined score of 5 points -- one of which where we blew a 17 point lead, and you went to the national championship both times. I'd say we still have a fair shot xrolleyesx

Just as we would in your house this year. I mean come on, if the Griz play McNeese like they did SUU, EWU or PSU this year they will probably be looking at a 3-4 TD deficit late in the game

MCFAN
November 6th, 2007, 03:48 PM

Well that's true, but I've seen Griz fans say all year long that margin of victory isn't important. A "w" is a "w".xnodx

DuckDuckGriz
November 6th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Just as we would in your house this year. I mean come on, if the Griz play McNeese like they did SUU, EWU or PSU this year they will probably be looking at a 3-4 TD deficit late in the game

Or look at it this way - Sacramento State was the only Big Sky team we pounded on worse than McNeese. I do not believe in comparative scores, but just because we struggle in our own league - obviously doesn't mean isht since we have a tough time every year yet often roll in the playoffs.

MaroonMafia
November 6th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Well that's true, but I've seen Griz fans say all year long that margin of victory isn't important. A "w" is a "w".xnodx

Absolutely!!! Ask LSU if a "w" is a "w"!xnodx

MCFAN
November 6th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Absolutely!!! Ask LSU if a "w" is a "w"!xnodx

THey are kinda stretching that theory.

DuckDuckGriz
November 6th, 2007, 03:59 PM

As an Oregon fan I say they are. As a Montana fan I say they aren't. :D

Grizzaholic
November 6th, 2007, 04:00 PM

Maybe just a little bit when they went for the touchdown in the 4th with 7 seconds left and if the guy hadn't made an amazing catch the game would have been over and they would have lost when a field goal would have won it.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Does Foster = Smith?

Seems a fair assessment although I probably do not agree about Smith. The only time he is usually taken out by one lineman is if he is being tackled or having his jersey ripped off. A big physical team that can control the ball with no errors and score every possession could be a problem for the defense. McNeese is 3rd in the Nation in turnover margin (+15) and that is not the result of opposing players just dropping the ball.

Foster does = Smith. I must have confused him with the GSU QB due to his speed.

Some of you guys are talking about Smith being held all the time and he is held once in a while but I watched just him specifically on several games and did not see it to the extent that is reported. Not trying to start something but I just think the viewpoint is skewed as are Griz fans with our team.

McNeese's turnover margin is great but to detract a little it is not due to an overwhelming physical defense. Nichols gave up three fumbles and was barely touched on one and not on the other two if memory serves me. But no matter how you get the turnovers a ball Hawking D is good to have.

McNeese75
November 6th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Foster does = Smith. I must have confused him with the GSU QB due to his speed.

Some of you guys are talking about Smith being held all the time and he is held once in a while but I watched just him specifically on several games and did not see it to the extent that is reported. Not trying to start something but I just think the viewpoint is skewed as are Griz fans with our team.

McNeese's turnover margin is great but to detract a little it is not due to an overwhelming physical defense. Nichols gave up three fumbles and was barely touched on one and not on the other two if memory serves me. But no matter how you get the turnovers a ball Hawking D is good to have.

The first fumble at Nicholls was the result of a two Cowboy defenders hitting the Colonel player at the same time with one of them putting their headgear directly on the ball (so that one was caused by contact). The second was a wild option toss by the QB when the Pokes had pushed the OL back and he was about to get sacked and just got rid of the ball.

:D Again, I think you have a pretty good assessment of the Cowboys and they are what they are (and we are happy with what we have xnodx )

McNeese75
November 6th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Or look at it this way - Sacramento State was the only Big Sky team we pounded on worse than McNeese. I do not believe in comparative scores, but just because we struggle in our own league - obviously doesn't mean isht since we have a tough time every year yet often roll in the playoffs.

Keep looking in that rearview mirror DDG and you will never see the train that is coming xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2007, 10:15 PM
The first fumble at Nicholls was the result of a two Cowboy defenders hitting the Colonel player at the same time with one of them putting their headgear directly on the ball (so that one was caused by contact). The second was a wild option toss by the QB when the Pokes had pushed the OL back and he was about to get sacked and just got rid of the ball.

:D Again, I think you have a pretty good assessment of the Cowboys and they are what they are (and we are happy with what we have xnodx )

As well you should be and I hope you understand as well that Griz fans have seen a lot of good playoff football and we are able to recognize a good team when we see it. We will also stick up for the relative merits of our own team as well.

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 10:32 PM

And what will the Cowboy's excuse be when they don't get out of the first round for the 6th time in their last 7 appearances? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

McNeese75
November 6th, 2007, 10:38 PM
And what will the Cowboy's excuse be when they don't get out of the first round for the 6th time in their last 7 appearances? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Hey were not the one with the DB1 curse hanging over us. Keep looking in the mirror xnodx

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Hey were not the one with the DB1 curse hanging over us. Keep looking in the mirror xnodx

xcoolx

No, you've got the "Curse of the Crappy Conference" hanging over your head. xlolx xlolx xlolx

srgrizizen
November 6th, 2007, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE=McNeese75;725199]Based on your performance so far this year you better hope Montana's offense starts stepping up. Your marginal performance this year has been surprising to everyone. And that touted defense you keep talking about has come close to giving it up to EWU, PSU, yada yada.

Montana's 2007 offensive production can be reduced to a simple mathematical formula:

MO = OO + (1 to 5 pts)

MO = Montana Offense
OO = Opponent's Offense

xsmiley_wix

DuckDuckGriz
November 6th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Keep looking in that rearview mirror DDG and you will never see the train that is coming xlolx

I would say the same goes for you......

Hope to see you again in December - we know you how you southern boys like that cold weather - make it past round 1 this time. xasswhipx

Tod
November 7th, 2007, 03:34 AM

If the Griz play McNeese the way they did SUU, EWU and PSU this year, I'd guess that would be a Griz victory, right? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

McNeese75
November 7th, 2007, 11:57 AM
If the Griz play McNeese the way they did SUU, EWU and PSU this year, I'd guess that would be a Griz victory, right? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

No, they will probably get embarrassed by the Cowboys xnodx xwhistlex

McNeese75
November 7th, 2007, 11:58 AM
xcoolx

No, you've got the "Curse of the Crappy Conference" hanging over your head. xlolx xlolx xlolx

xlolx Yep and you have a lot of room to talk :D