PDA

View Full Version : Playoff talk is so much fun

GSU Eagle
November 3rd, 2007, 06:11 PM
With GSU now being prominently discussed as being a playoff team I must say this is fun stuff. Last year under Van Goober we struggled to a 3-8 record and looked like a shell of the GSU teams over the last 20 years. This year new coaches and the excitement is back.

We are 7-2 right now with both losses being in overtime. We are close to being a 9-0 team right now, but I will take it. Instead of finding ways to lose games we are finding ways to win games.

If we win at home next week vs. Furman we will be at worst tied for the SoCon championship.

A pipe dream at season's beginning is now a very real possibility-- not only to make the playoffs but to actually get a playoff game at home.

Whatever happens the rest of the way I say Coach Chris Hatcher deserves serious consideration as 1AA coach of the year.

drpnut
November 3rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
GSU Eagle,

He has my vote for SoCon coach of the year. I'm disappointed int Wofford's play calling today, especially at the end of the game. Ayers is usually a great strategist, but today he let us down.

By the way, good game. I don't believe anyone can stop Foster. That little 5'6'' munchin is torturing everybody. I hope he gets a chance at the NFL. I can see him as a Dante Hall type.

Peace

BestOfBreed
November 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Lembo is probably coach of the year in the SoCon. I like Hatcher but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to call Foster left, Foster right, and Foster up the middle :)

GSU Eagle
November 3rd, 2007, 07:09 PM
I guess the coach we had last year was not a rocket scientist then :)