PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the Rhody players!!

Brad82
November 3rd, 2007, 02:09 PM
Hats off to the kids who have really been trying (especially the RB's).
First game all year the defense played well.

Seawolf97
November 3rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Solid win against a powerful opponent ! Way to goxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Ram Ball
November 3rd, 2007, 03:32 PM
Agreed - Nice win. Not to take anything away from the players but I nominate Hurricane Noel for the game ball.

Anyone know what happened when the game ended? They said on the radio that UMASS players refused to shake hand with the Rhody players..

ChickenMan
November 3rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/d/d1/180px-Rhod_4708.gif

xthumbsupx :D

SeattleGriz
November 3rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
Agreed - Nice win. Not to take anything away from the players but I nominate Hurricane Noel for the game ball.

Anyone know what happened when the game ended? They said on the radio that UMASS players refused to shake hand with the Rhody players..

Sorry, but I feel that just shows a tremendous lack of respect.

UMass922
November 3rd, 2007, 03:37 PM

Don't know what happened. That's awful and classless if it's true.

Congrats to URI on the win.

Maverick
November 3rd, 2007, 03:37 PM
The Rhody players were probably too busy celebrating to shake hands with the losers!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

mainejeff
November 3rd, 2007, 04:58 PM
If you have to play at Meade in a rain storm in November.....you may as well just forfeit the game.

JayJ79
November 3rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
If you have to play at Meade in a rain storm in November.....you may as well just forfeit the game.

Yes, because rain only affects the visiting team. xcoolx

Uncle Buck
November 3rd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Big win for Rhody. One questions, does Cobblestone still want to fire Stowers?

skinny_uncle
November 3rd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Congrats on a big win.

art vandelay
November 3rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
yes you still have to fire stowers. just because you win one game in a rain storm that does not justify keeping a losing coach

Umass74
November 3rd, 2007, 06:32 PM

The reason was there was a group of Rhody "fans", probably students, that were leaning over the fence behind the UMass bench and spitting on the UMass players.

That provoked several confrontations between UMass parents and the group. Two separate times the UMass fans asked the URI police to step in and one cop just walked away. It was ugly and classless.

That's not hearsay. I was there and have some images of the group.

We did not deserve to win the game. The UMass offense scored zero points, but I've got nothing good to say about the URI fans or their team.

Zoo
November 3rd, 2007, 06:36 PM
Great win by the kids from Rhode Island, they played hard against a UMass team and came away with the win.