PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern Offensive Playbook

colgate13
November 3rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
Anyone got an electronic copy of the Paul Johnson era Georgia Southern playbook that they'd like to share? I want to read up on the flexbone/triple option.

xthumbsupx

GaSouthern
November 3rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
FB dive, trip option right, trip option left

Repeat ten times and then hail mary.

Any questions? :)

PS: this was not smack, it's my lame try at being funny.

This may help....
http://www.dailymotion.com/draglimited/video/2665222

Seven Would Be Nice
November 3rd, 2007, 08:57 AM
FB dive, trip option right, trip option left

Repeat ten times and then hail mary.

Any questions? :)

Isn't the fullback dive part of the three options?

So its really just triple option left, triple option right, mix in pass option if secondary moves in.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
Anyone got an electronic copy of the Paul Johnson era Georgia Southern playbook that they'd like to share? I want to read up on the flexbone/triple option.

xthumbsupx

Come on, man! Jordan Scott is hard enough to stop... couldn't you just wait one weekend? xnodx xlolx

GaSouthern
November 3rd, 2007, 09:07 AM
Isn't the fullback dive part of the three options?

So its really just triple option left, triple option right, mix in pass option if secondary moves in.

got me :(
xthumbsupx

colgate13
November 3rd, 2007, 10:56 AM
I get that it wasn't smack! I've got some interest in the flexbone for my own team and went looking for a Navy playbook. I read that they don't print a playbook! Johnson says it will only end up on eBay! So they give the players a blank notebook and have them write it as they go.

So I thought I'd delve further and try and find an old GSU one... not that there is anything too difficult in drawing up the triple option R/L and maybe counter R/L with a pass or too. I was also looking for all that great stuff in playbooks that cover blocking schemes, names of things, coaching points, etc...

So if you've got it, want to share it? :)

bobbythekidd
November 3rd, 2007, 11:24 AM
I get that it wasn't smack! I've got some interest in the flexbone for my own team and went looking for a Navy playbook. I read that they don't print a playbook! Johnson says it will only end up on eBay! So they give the players a blank notebook and have them write it as they go.

So I thought I'd delve further and try and find an old GSU one... not that there is anything too difficult in drawing up the triple option R/L and maybe counter R/L with a pass or too. I was also looking for all that great stuff in playbooks that cover blocking schemes, names of things, coaching points, etc...

So if you've got it, want to share it? :)
A copy of PJ's playbook was available last season for $10 on Ebay. It was an electronic download. I am too lazy to search for it.

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
I have it. Printed it out and it is part of the bathroom reading material. Great stuff to read. It is very technical and describes literally inch for inch, second for second what is supposed to happen. Shoot me a PM