PDA

View Full Version : McNeese loses four players to reported bar fight incident

JohnStOnge
November 3rd, 2007, 06:45 AM
Well...if I'm correct in thinking nobody else has posted this yet I guess it means other McNeese fans don't want to broadcast it and I understand that. But it's in the news (http://www.kplctv.com/global/story.asp?s=7304246 ) and will eventually come out.

Four McNeese players, including a starting safety who was conference defensive player of the week two weeks ago and has, to me, looked like a very good player did not make the trip to SFA yesterday because they reportedly got into a bar fight. The referenced starting safety was arrested for battery and resisting arrest.

The other three players have not been arressted nor have they been identified in the media. Rumor has it that they're not starters. I guess we'll find out more when the team takes the field.

From a football standpoint: McNeese has done well in the face of attrition due to injury this year. Now this. There's only so much attrition any team can take without showing effects.

appfan2008
November 3rd, 2007, 07:07 AM
wow should be interesting to see how they handle this... they were my number one team this week in the polls... if they play well they should be able to beat SFA

sharkeycox
November 3rd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Well...if I'm correct in thinking nobody else has posted this yet I guess it means other McNeese fans don't want to broadcast it and I understand that. But it's in the news (http://www.kplctv.com/global/story.asp?s=7304246 ) and will eventually come out.

Four McNeese players, including a starting safety who was conference defensive player of the week two weeks ago and has, to me, looked like a very good player did not make the trip to SFA yesterday because they reportedly got into a bar fight. The referenced starting safety was arrested for battery and resisting arrest.

The other three players have not been arressted nor have they been identified in the media. Rumor has it that they're not starters. I guess we'll find out more when the team takes the field.

From a football standpoint: McNeese has done well in the face of attrition due to injury this year. Now this. There's only so much attrition any team can take without showing effects.

I don't think he is a starter. He plays a lot. Sort of the Cowboy style.

JohnStOnge
November 3rd, 2007, 09:31 AM

Ok. I guess I just assumed he's a starter because he makes so many plays.

PantherRob82
November 3rd, 2007, 10:02 AM
That's too bad for those guys.

McNeese_beat
November 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM

Quayhagen does not start. And it was Brant Linde who was conference defensive player of the week a couple weeks back. I guess all those white guys look alike to John xeyebrowx

JayJ79
November 3rd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Must be the week for safeties to cause trouble.
Sad.

SeattleGriz
November 3rd, 2007, 10:38 AM
All I can say is to just wait and see.

This summer, one of the Griz players was thrown off the team because he was supposedly involved in an altercation during the zero tolerance policy.

The zero tolerance policy was in place due to a different player comitting murder.

Anyway, after he was thrown off the team, it came to light that he didn't do what the police said he did, and pretty much looked as if we booted him for the wrong reason.

Now, with that being said, he did know the policy and seemed to "push it" quite a bit.

JohnStOnge
November 3rd, 2007, 01:00 PM
Quayhagen does not start. And it was Brant Linde who was conference defensive player of the week a couple weeks back. I guess all those white guys look alike to John xeyebrowx

Well...never happier to be off the mark. I sure like Linde as a player. I can't even say the two names sound the same!

JohnStOnge
November 3rd, 2007, 01:06 PM
I guess all those white guys look alike to John xeyebrowx

Yeah that's it. I know it can't be the alcohol.

McNeese72
November 3rd, 2007, 04:21 PM
From what I have heard, I wouldn't take the KPLC view of the fight as literally what happen. More behind the scenes.

KPLC makes it look like some McNeese players jumped on the guys and beat the crap out of them. That's not how it went down.

From what I have heard the three victims" made the mistake of hassling and tangling with one football player who happens to be a 3rd degree black belt that competes and paid for it.

And the "victims" were the instigators.

Doc