PDA

View Full Version : Saturday weather New England

unhfan1
November 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
UNH / Northeastern game. Calling for heavy rains and winds gusting to 50 miles per hour by game time.
What a mess.

citdog
November 2nd, 2007, 05:42 PM
i'm glad you Yankees will be miserable. SERVES YOU RIGHT!xrulesx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 2nd, 2007, 06:10 PM

He never said we'd be "miserable" just a little wet.
We'll just go home after the game a get dry by the fire.

You're not still afraid of fire are you?

unhfan1
November 2nd, 2007, 06:14 PM
Ulysses S. Grant, an American hero.
Long live the battle of Chattanooga.

Col Hogan
November 2nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
UMass at URi is also gonna be a mess...

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 2nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Nothing like a game at Lake Meade

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 2nd, 2007, 07:41 PM
It seams like every season we have one of these weekends.

Col Hogan
November 2nd, 2007, 07:53 PM
For us, last years visit to Northeastern...What a mess....

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 2nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
We had Hofstra at home....the new turf should help.

Maine was at URI....I heard standing water all over the field.

Makes for strange games....something UNH can ill afford.

Col Hogan
November 2nd, 2007, 08:17 PM
We had Hofstra at home....the new turf should help.

Maine was at URI....I heard standing water all over the field.

Makes for strange games....something UNH can ill afford.

If my memory is correct (and I am getting old), that MESS ended up 3 - 0 for URI...

Not Good!

Cobblestone
November 2nd, 2007, 08:41 PM
If my memory is correct (and I am getting old), that MESS ended up 3 - 0 for URI...
Not Good!

Correct!

Cobblestone
November 2nd, 2007, 08:46 PM

So who the ***** is miserable? I love football in the rain, mud and slop. Screw the turf! Football is meant to be played in the worst weather conditions imaginable.

Not to mention Citdog, the many, many times I did Field Artillery training in the rain. *****, "If it ain't raining, it ain't training, soldier!".

puss.

bulldog10jw
November 2nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
It's too bad. The NH Register was saying that with good weather the Yale-Brown game at the Bowl could draw 30,000. If it's raining, forget it. The term "fair weather fan" perfectly describes most Ivy Leaguers.

UMass922
November 3rd, 2007, 01:51 AM
UMass at URi is also gonna be a mess...

Bad weather is a great equalizer. I really hope we don't put ourselves in a position where we have to come from behind, like we did the last two weeks. Just score a touchdown early (somehow), take a safety late (if need be), and get the heck out of there.

PREDICTION: UMass 7 Rhode Island 2

(NESN has apparently cancelled their broadcast of this game. Is the weather really going to be that bad, or were there other reasons?)

appfan2008
November 3rd, 2007, 07:08 AM
should be sunny and right around seventy degrees for kickoff in Charleston!

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 3rd, 2007, 07:21 AM

I hope your beer gets warm.

Col Hogan
November 3rd, 2007, 07:33 AM
Bad weather is a great equalizer. I really hope we don't put ourselves in a position where we have to come from behind, like we did the last two weeks. Just score a touchdown early (somehow), take a safety late (if need be), and get the heck out of there.

PREDICTION: UMass 7 Rhode Island 2

(NESN has apparently cancelled their broadcast of this game. Is the weather really going to be that bad, or were there other reasons?)

According to yesterdays Boston Globe, NESN cancelled the broadcast because of a lack of interest from advertisers...not the weather forcast...

citdog
November 3rd, 2007, 08:21 AM
He never said we'd be "miserable" just a little wet.
We'll just go home after the game a get dry by the fire.

You're not still afraid of fire are you?

only when some invading yankee horde is burning homes down around defenseless women and children.

citdog
November 3rd, 2007, 08:22 AM
Ulysses S. Grant, an American drunk.
Long live the battle of Cold Harbour

corrected for you xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx xreadx

mainejeff
November 3rd, 2007, 08:25 AM
only when some invading yankee horde is burning homes down around defenseless women and children.

Using them as human shields.........xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

citdog
November 3rd, 2007, 08:25 AM
So who the ***** is miserable? I love football in the rain, mud and slop. Screw the turf! Football is meant to be played in the worst weather conditions imaginable.

Not to mention Citdog, the many, many times I did Field Artillery training in the rain. *****, "If it ain't raining, it ain't training, soldier!".

puss.

you liked having your cowardly ass in the rear with the gear huh stone?

FIRE!

citdog
November 3rd, 2007, 08:27 AM

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't tell these damn dirty, stinking, lowdown, cowardly, yankee wretches that, they'll invade us again!

Spoke
November 3rd, 2007, 08:59 AM

Don't tell these damn dirty, stinking, lowdown, cowardly, yankee wretches that, they'll invade us again!

Its funny cause you live in the UNITED States of America. Your Jefferson Davis quote would have been slightly more apt if you guys, you know...didn't own slaves.

citdog
November 3rd, 2007, 09:05 AM
spoke you are an AGS KNOB so i will refrain from smacking you down completely.

wouldn't want to ruin your self esteem little boy.

you may live in the US, but The Great and Sovereign State of South Carolina is in it's 142nd year of occupation by a foreign power!

proasu89
November 3rd, 2007, 09:12 AM

Too late for that CitDog. You know what the town of Cary, NC stands for?

Concentrated
Area (of)
Retired
Yankees
xsmiley_wix

Spoke
November 3rd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Interesting, citidog. I guess in your sovereign nation, the "subjugation by arms" doesn't apply to blacks in chains.

citdog
November 3rd, 2007, 09:51 AM
Interesting, citidog. I guess in your sovereign nation, the "subjugation by arms" doesn't apply to blacks in chains.

NO IT ONLY APPLIES TO ILLEGAL WARS OF COERCION. OUR SERVANTS WERE NEVER THE ISSUE. DON'T FORGET DOUCHEY THAT MASS. HAD SERVANTS TOO. YOU'RE HANDS ARE JUST AS DIRTY AS OURS. OH BUT YOU WAGED THAT ILLEGAL WAR OF INVASION TO FREE OUR SERVANTS DIDN'T YOU?xrolleyesx