PDA

View Full Version : Playoff implications

ChickenMan
November 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
still a lot of games with playoff implications...

tomorrow's games:

JMU @ Delaware - noon

N'eastern @ UNH - noon

W&M @ Hofstra - 1:00

Holy Cross @ Fordham - 1:00

GSU @ Wofford - 1:30

JSU @ Samford - 2:00

NAU @ Montana St - 2:00

Elon @ Furman - 2:00

ASU @ Citadel - 2:00

SIU @ WIU - 2:00

Delaware St @ Winston-Salem - 2:00

Cal Poly @ Southern Utah - 3:00

Villanova @ Richmond - 3:30

Norfolk St @ Morgan St - 4:00

UNC @ EWU - 5:00

Nicholls St @ SHS - 7:00

UNHWildCats
November 2nd, 2007, 01:53 PM
UNH plays its home games at 12:00

URMite
November 2nd, 2007, 01:58 PM
still a lot of games with playoff implications...

tomorrow's games:

JMU @ Delaware - noon

N'eastern @ UNH - noon

W&M @ Hofstra - 1:00

Holy Cross @ Fordham - 1:00

GSU @ Wofford - 1:30

JSU @ Samford - 2:00

NAU @ Montana St - 2:00

Elon @ Furman - 2:00

ASU @ Citadel - 2:00

SIU @ WIU - 2:00

Delaware St @ Winston-Salem - 2:00

Cal Poly @ Southern Utah - 3:00

Villanova @ Richmond - 3:30

Norfolk St @ Morgan St - 4:00

UNC @ EWU - 5:00

You could even add JSU - Samford and maybe Colgate - Lehigh

DetroitFlyer
November 2nd, 2007, 02:03 PM
Butler @ Dayton

Davidson @ San Diego

Drake @ Morehead State

andy7171
November 2nd, 2007, 02:04 PM
Butler @ Dayton

Davidson @ San Diego

Drake @ Morehead State

The PFL Info-mercial continues...

ChickenMan
November 2nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
The PFL Info-mercial continues...

xdizzyx

GannonFan
November 2nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
Butler @ Dayton

Davidson @ San Diego

Drake @ Morehead State

Ah yes, the Gridiron Classic. xrolleyesx

OL FU
November 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Sorry I can't resist, Crapsville's welcome to the mid majors:o
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/14/80/23338014.jpg

Oh Frig, the Mid-majors
Attitude personified

Hattie, Check everyone of their IDsxnodx xnodx xnodx xwhistlex

xsmiley_wix

Syntax Error
November 2nd, 2007, 03:07 PM
Jackson State at Alabama A&M, 1:30 p.m., Louis Crews Stadium, Huntsville, Ala. (ESPNU, tape delay)

Prairie View A&M at Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 2:30 p.m., Golden Lion Stadium, Pine Bluff, Ark.

putter
November 2nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
I will be watching to see if any of the top teams lose which will affect possible seeding. Things could get interesting.

msupokes1
November 2nd, 2007, 03:26 PM
The Nichols vs. Sam Houston game has no playoff implications as both teams are eliminated from an at large bid.xsmiley_wix

mikebigg
November 2nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Jackson State at Alabama A&M, 1:30 p.m., Louis Crews Stadium, Huntsville, Ala. (ESPNU, tape delay)

Prairie View A&M at Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 2:30 p.m., Golden Lion Stadium, Pine Bluff, Ark.

I think TT posted a link to this on the TSPN... What's interesting is that the loser of the A&M vs JSU game might be in contention for a bid, especially A&M as it would be only their 2nd loss. If they run the table, thereafter they sit at 9-2. "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND..." Prairie view is currently 5-2 with 3 games remaining (UAPB this week, JSU next week, and the season ending game against A&M). With a strong 3 game win streak PV might be in the house!xthumbsupx

McNeese_beat
November 3rd, 2007, 01:03 AM
McNeese at Stephen F. Austin has huge playoff implications...a McNeese win makes it the first team in the country to wrap up its automatic bid (I suppose it could happen in another conference, but not without a lot of help).

GeauxColonels
November 3rd, 2007, 01:34 AM
The Nichols vs. Sam Houston game has no playoff implications as both teams are eliminated from an at large bid.xsmiley_wix
Sadly, I was thinking the same thing. :( xbawlingx

Dome fan
November 3rd, 2007, 01:38 AM
Nope... I believe that UNI will as well with a win tomorrow!

grizband
November 3rd, 2007, 02:07 AM
McNeese at Stephen F. Austin has huge playoff implications...a McNeese win makes it the first team in the country to wrap up its automatic bid (I suppose it could happen in another conference, but not without a lot of help).
I believe a Montana win guarantees the Griz at least a share of the Big Sky.

appfan2008
November 3rd, 2007, 07:12 AM
should be an interesting day... id look for a couple of upsets today being that things have gone pretty straight forward this year... still plenty of teams who think they deserve a seed... look for some of them to get knocked off and cause some interesting things to happen in the polls... i can hope cant I!... i guess we need to take care of business first down against the citadel but after that who knows

GaSouthern
November 3rd, 2007, 08:02 AM
SoCon should have plenty of drama today with all the possible scenarios.

skinny_uncle
November 3rd, 2007, 08:29 AM
should be an interesting day... id look for a couple of upsets today being that things have gone pretty straight forward this year... still plenty of teams who think they deserve a seed... look for some of them to get knocked off and cause some interesting things to happen in the polls... i can hope cant I!... i guess we need to take care of business first down against the citadel but after that who knows
Hope springs eternal!
xnodx

GeauxColonels
November 3rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
But with that share are they guaranteed the autobid from the conference?

McNeese_beat
November 3rd, 2007, 10:26 AM

That's the one I was thinking about when I said somebody else can wrap up the autobid, with help.

McNeese gets the autobid with its next win, but NOT the conference title. Central Arkansas can still pass it in the standings if McNeese loses its last 2 but UCA is like the Dakota schools, going through the transition from D-II. So of UCA wins the league, the autobid goes to second place.

citdog
November 3rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Butler @ Dayton

Davidson @ San Diego

Drake @ Morehead State

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

WHO?

TexasTerror
November 3rd, 2007, 10:54 AM

What implications are involved? McNeese wins one game, they win the SLC autobid. No chance either Nich or SHSU gets in the playoffs...no seven wins for either squad...

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2007, 10:59 AM

A win today by Fordham gives them both the Patriot League title and the autobid. Worse case scenario at that point for the Rams is to lose to Bucknell and finish 5-1 in the League, possibly tied with Holy Cross or Colgate. In either case, they'd hold the tiebreaker over both. With that said, come on Crusaders! xthumbsupx

McNeese_beat
November 3rd, 2007, 11:23 AM
then they can just pencil in Fordham at McNeese for Thanksgiving weekend and everybody will be happy...xpeacex

Dome fan
November 3rd, 2007, 11:41 AM
10/29/07
#1 UNI Looks to Clinch Gateway Title at Missouri State
The No. 1-ranked University of Northern Iowa football team will take to the road for the final time this regular season on Saturday at Missouri State in Springfield, Mo. UNI can clinch its 13th Gateway Football Conference championship this week. UNI needs only one win in its final two Gateway contests to clinch the league's automatic berth into the FCS playoffs.