PDA

View Full Version : Question for SIU fans and Gateway fans alike.

JoeNeck90
October 31st, 2007, 09:23 PM
Since the arrival of Kill, the SIU running game has been an overwhelming force. It was pretty darn good with Koutsos but Kill's backs have really done well. There have been so many, it's been hard to rank the best ones, because, if I remember correctly, Jacobs was 2nd or 3rd string. How would you all rank them, lets say #1 thru #8 in the Kill era? If you've got more, go ahead. Not being a homer, I would have difficulty deciding but MO Abdulqadir(sp?) will always stick out as my top one.

skinny_uncle
October 31st, 2007, 09:40 PM
Kill has only been at SIU for six years. You named most of the top runners except for Whitlock. Arkee was probably the most productive although Touchdown Tommy (Koutsos) was close. Jacobs was a one-year wonder (transfer) although he is the only one in the NFL at this point. Abdulqaadir (two As) had 31 TDs in two seasons and filled the gap nicely between Koutsos and Whitlock. This could be the first year since Kill has been here that we don't have a thousand yard rusher. Randle is the closest at this pont with 592 yards despite missing one game and most of another with a sprained ankle. With a good playoff run, he could make it.

JoeNeck90
October 31st, 2007, 10:02 PM
Unc, Unc...
I know this is only his 7th season but there are plenty to rank. Mo, Jacobs, Arkee, Jackson, Randle, Warner and Karim. That's 7. Have I missed any?

Houndawg
October 31st, 2007, 11:05 PM
Mo's first year he had a step on everyone, his second year not so much.

I remember Karlton Karpenter before Koutsos, think he had some trouble with the law, something you don't see from Kill's guys.

Reed Rothchild
October 31st, 2007, 11:10 PM
Got to see them all play

1. Arkee
2. Kutsos
3. Jacobs
4. Mo

JoeNeck90
October 31st, 2007, 11:34 PM
Got to see them all play

1. Arkee
2. Kutsos
3. Jacobs
4. Mo

MO at 4? He was playing with a lot of Q's kids. What about Terry Jackson? There wasn't room for one single guy to shine at that time. Arkee, BJ and Jackson were arguably the best pack in all of division football. Thats no booo sh!!!t. BJ can thank a former Leatherneck for quite a few of his yards this year. xbowx

BearsCountry
October 31st, 2007, 11:52 PM
They all were good lets just leave it at that.

JoeNeck90
October 31st, 2007, 11:58 PM
Mo's first year he had a step on everyone, his second year not so much.

I remember Karlton Karpenter before Koutsos, think he had some trouble with the law, something you don't see from Kill's guys.

Elvis,
You might want to recant that statement.xeyebrowx
I like the story how Kill held a kid out for a whole year who then came back to shine for the Salukis. That was a great story. Heck, he may still be there. I don't remember who it was but it looked good for the coach, the player and the program. I'm beginning to think that Jerry aka June Jones is Randy with rules. I won't post the article with the number of chances one of his projects got because you probably have seen it. I wish probation officers could have this much success in their quest to reduce the recidivism rate.

JoeNeck90
November 1st, 2007, 12:03 AM
They all were good lets just leave it at that.

Yep

skinny_uncle
November 1st, 2007, 06:12 AM
Unc, Unc...
I know this is only his 7th season but there are plenty to rank. Mo, Jacobs, Arkee, Jackson, Randle, Warner and Karim. That's 7. Have I missed any?
Those tailbacks all had some good fullbacks helping them get open, including guys like Brandon Robinson, J. T. Wise and now Rick Burgess.

Houndawg
November 1st, 2007, 08:18 PM
Elvis,
I like the story how Kill held a kid out for a whole year who then came back to shine for the Salukis. That was a great story. Heck, he may still be there. I don't remember who it was but it looked good for the coach, the player and the program. I'm beginning to think that Jerry aka June Jones is Randy with rules. I won't post the article with the number of chances one of his projects got because you probably have seen it. I wish probation officers could have this much success in their quest to reduce the recidivism rate.

I guess I missed that one. When Q was here it seemed like there was always something in the newspapers like a brawl with the Rugby team or fights at a house party and I haven't seen any of that in the papers for years. Maybe it just gets covered up better?

skinny_uncle
November 1st, 2007, 08:22 PM
Elvis,
I think it might have been a defensive back, although the name escapes me at the moment.

Chi Panther
November 1st, 2007, 08:46 PM
Arkee Whitlock is one of a very select few Non-Panther GFC palyers that I wish was a UNI Panther.

Lots of respect!!!xbowx

skinny_uncle
November 2nd, 2007, 08:46 AM
Arkee Whitlock is one of a very select few Non-Panther GFC palyers that I wish was a UNI Panther.

Lots of respect!!!xbowx
A lot of teams would have loved having Arkee.

Killsback
November 2nd, 2007, 09:40 AM
Elvis,

The kids was Brandon Bruner, a DB, who had a great senior season, graduated and is currently in grad school.