PDA

View Full Version : Help a brutha owt..

D1B
September 7th, 2005, 05:58 PM
My top 25. I would appreciate any input you all might have.

1. JMU
2. Furman
3. Montana
4. GSU
5. WKU
6.E.Wa
7.NWSU
8. UNH
9. Delaware
10 SIU
11. UNI
12. UMASS
13. Lehigh
14. SHSU
15. Montana State
16. Harvard
17. Maine
18. Hampton
19. Lafayette
20. APP
21.Jacksonville State
22. NDSU
23. Cal Poly
24.Hofstra
25.SCSU

TxSt02
September 7th, 2005, 06:00 PM

1. JMU
2. Furman
3. Montana
4. GSU
5. WKU
6.E.Wa
7.NWSU
8. UNH
9. Delaware
10 SIU
11. UNI
12. UMASS
13. Lehigh
14. SHSU
15. Montana State
16. Harvard
17. Maine
18. Hampton
19. Lafayette
20. APP
21.Jacksonville State
22. NDSU
23. Cal Poly
24.Hofstra
25.SCSU

Donde esta Tejas State???
I know we didnt have the best showing this past weekend but a W is a W!

DuckDuckGriz
September 7th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Griz are overranked, Cats are underranked.............
oh my god what just happened? seriously, I blacked out. :confused:

D1B
September 7th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Griz are overranked, Cats are underranked.............
oh my god what just happened? seriously, I blacked out. :confused:

Steady there! I think you may be right. I moved Montana st up 5 spots after the Oky state loss. Seems to me that no matter how good msu is, they still find a way to get their asses kicked by Montana. Thanks

IaaScribe
September 7th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Steady there! I think you may be right. I moved Montana st up 5 spots after the Oky state loss. Seems to me that no matter how good msu is, they still find a way to get their asses kicked by Montana. Thanks

Except for the two years recently that MSU beat UM to win a share of the Big Sky title.

JMU Duke Dog
September 7th, 2005, 09:41 PM

1. JMU
2. Furman
3. Montana
4. GSU
5. WKU
6.E.Wa
7.NWSU
8. UNH
9. Delaware
10 SIU
11. UNI
12. UMASS
13. Lehigh
14. SHSU
15. Montana State
16. Harvard
17. Maine
18. Hampton
19. Lafayette
20. APP
21.Jacksonville State
22. NDSU
23. Cal Poly
24.Hofstra
25.SCSU

Where are all the William and Mary people? I thought they would be on here at least once saying they should be ranked in the top 25 of I-AA.

blukeys
September 7th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Where are all the William and Mary people? I thought they would be on here at least once saying they should be ranked in the top 25 of I-AA.

Have to agree with doggie. W&M at this stage probably deserves to be ahead of Hofstra and Maybe Delaware. I know there are too many A-10 teams to keep track of.

Tribe4SF
September 7th, 2005, 09:50 PM

Anyone who doesn't even have the Tribe in the top 25 is so clueless they don't deserve a response. :spank:

How's that? :cool:

DuckDuckGriz
September 7th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Except for the two years recently that MSU beat UM to win a share of the Big Sky title.

Blah blah blah. Two squeaks by the Cats has nothing on nearly 20 straight years of blowouts at the hands of their big brother to the west.

But I am worried about this year's Brawl -- Cats look damn good.

D1B
September 8th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Anyone who doesn't even have the Tribe in the top 25 is so clueless they don't deserve a response. :spank:

How's that? :cool:

Cuz I made a mistake, aswipe. Had them at #16 on the poll I submitted Monday. Had trouble putting back together all my notes and scribbles. Don't have to be a prick, and get a life.

Tribe4SF
September 8th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Cuz I made a mistake, aswipe. Had them at #16 on the poll I submitted Monday. Had trouble putting back together all my notes and scribbles. Don't have to be a prick, and get a life.

Time of the month there, D1B? :eyebrow:

OL FU
September 8th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Furman should be #1.

Yes, I have decide to take the UMassFan approach :D

Actually looks close to mine. I have Furman at number 5, But I understand why people rate them higher. They have the potential.

89Hen
September 8th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Cats are underranked.............
I apologize in advance to the MSU fans here who are really great fans and I have no beef with them, but can somebody explain to me why everyone has been so enamoured with the Cats the last couple years?

Does anyone realize that in making the playoffs in 2002 at 7-4 that they beat St. Mary's and Adams State (Adams isn't even a state, is it?) OOC, lost to DII Central Washington? Lost first round.

In 2003 they beat only St. Mary's and Gardner-Webb OOC and finished 0-2 in the Great West losing to Cal Poly and UNC. Lost first round.

In 2004 they again beat Adams and SDSU (5-5) as their only OOC wins. Missed playoffs.

Since this enfatuation with MSU began in 2002, the Cats are 20-18 (0-2 playoffs). FOLKS, they are barely a .500 team. What gives?!?! Perhaps I'm way off base, but I need some help on this one.

89Hen
September 8th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Bump. No takers to back up their pick of MSU in the top 25?! :confused:

WCU LawCat
September 8th, 2005, 07:22 PM
17. Maine
18. Hampton
19. Lafayette

A tad High

Jacksonville St....a tad low. Just my :twocents:

Lafalumni29
September 8th, 2005, 09:40 PM
A tad High

Jacksonville St....a tad low. Just my :twocents:
Lafayette low? Dont think so chief. 11 Returning starters on defense, 7 or 8 returning on offense, all from last years' playoff team. Sick 'em Andy!

catbob
September 8th, 2005, 10:57 PM
It's hard to keep the Cats out of the rankings because they are so talented on both sides of the ball every year. But they rarely play complete games.

I was actually wondering this myself, I sometimes think we do get too much credit. At the same time, we don't get enough credit. We always do well until we start to get ranked, then we seem to choke. If we don't win a playoff game this year, there is no reason to rank us for next year, that is for sure.

But of all the years I've thought the Cats were good, I believe this could be the best team we have fielded in a very long time. But only time can tell.

Question - if the Cats beat SFA, Poly and NDSU, are they a top 5 team?

rcny46
September 9th, 2005, 12:57 AM

1. JMU
2. Furman
3. Montana
4. GSU
5. WKU
6.E.Wa
7.NWSU
8. UNH
9. Delaware
10 SIU
11. UNI
12. UMASS
13. Lehigh
14. SHSU
15. Montana State
16. Harvard
17. Maine
18. Hampton
19. Lafayette
20. APP
21.Jacksonville State
22. NDSU
23. Cal Poly
24.Hofstra
25.SCSU

Your top 7 look good for now.Could be a couple of question marks in that group though.I think that UNI and UMass belong in the top ten,with MSU knocking on the door.I would also place Hofstra,Lafayette,and JSU on a higher level as well.UNH and the Hens could be moved down a few notches.It's early though and what all these teams are really made of will be evident in the coming weeks.

89Hen
September 9th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Question - if the Cats beat SFA, Poly and NDSU, are they a top 5 team?
Not IMO. SFA was down to Henderson State almost the entire game last week. Henderson is not just a DII, they are a bad DII (no winning seasons in 10 years). Poly and NDSU would be a good wins, but not enough to warrant a top 5 spot. Honestly, MSU could win the next 8 games and still not be in the top 5. The biggest tests of the year happen to be the last two games for the Cats (EWU and Montana).

89Hen
September 9th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Lulay/Gatewood for starters.

You forgot to mention they beat Montana in 2002 and 2003 to get in the playoffs. Does that mean anything? I think 100+ other teams were looking in.
Beating Montana is a good thing, but in rivalry games, anything goes. And it wasn't like they went undefeated in the Big Sky. Both years they made the playoffs, they had two BSC losses (to go with their 3 OOC losses).

As for Lulay and Gatewood, they are good, but do you really think two players make for a Top 25 team? Gatewood isn't even eligible to play the first three games of the season.

Kramer sure thinks they are a good team...

‘‘With our leadership, with our expertise back and our strength, I think we're good enough to have a great November,'' Kramer said.

‘‘The way we are going to be able to ensure ourselves a November home (playoff) date is winning three out of four in September,'' Kramer said.

89Hen
September 9th, 2005, 08:06 AM
they are so talented on both sides of the ball every year. But they rarely play complete games.
I rate good teams on wins, not talent.

putter
September 9th, 2005, 10:10 AM
The Cats have had talent the last 4 years but have not put it all together. AFter seeing OSU whip up on Florida Atlantic, it makes the Cats look that much better but they will have to soundly beat SFA at home and continue to get better before people would seriously put MSU in the top 5.

D1B
September 9th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks fellas. Excellent points. I'll keep an eye on W&M, Tribe. BION, they are one of my sleepers. I like Deleware, Lafayette, and Western Kentucky. We'll see.

Again, thanks!