PDA

View Full Version : Eastern and the Brawl

kalm
October 31st, 2007, 02:44 PM
Another playoff hypothetical if Eastern wins out.

What would increase Eastern's chances of receiving an at large more,

The Cats run the table and:

UM 10-1
EWU 8-3
MSU 8-3
NAU 5-6

or lose only to the griz and:

UM 11-0
EWU 8-3
MSU 7-4
NAU 5-6

lose only to NAU and

UM 10-1
EWU 8-3
MSU 7-4
NAU 6-5

or lose to UM, NAU and:

UM 11-0
EWU 8-3
NAU 6-5
MSU 6-5

Just wondering who to rout for in the upcoming weeks.

NE MT GRIZZ
October 31st, 2007, 02:47 PM
I think you want the Griz to win out.

You guys outplayed us, so I think the better the Griz do, the better it looks for you guys.

89Hen
October 31st, 2007, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure any of those really have an effect on EWU. In any of those cases you're still the pick over MSU. Even at 7-3 with no wins over ranked teams, you still have a pretty good chance of a bid IMO because of the lack of other western teams. I think the team you need to be rooting for is NDSU over Cal Poly. If CP can run the table, their 8-3 gets them in the mix epecially if SDSU runs the table too, because then CP would have two wins over ranked teams. xpeacex

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2007, 02:50 PM
Take care of your own business, and see how things shake out. If anything, root for NDSU against Cal Poly.

89 was faster than me!

URMite
October 31st, 2007, 03:06 PM
Other than winning, I think the two most important things for EWU is for Cal Poly & WIU to both lose once more. Yes, you are slightly better off if MSU loses one more but not sure it is a lot.

And by now I'm sure you know limiting the available CAA and SoCon 8-3s couldn't hurt.

RE/MAXGriz
October 31st, 2007, 03:14 PM
I'd think if the Griz win out and EWU wins out we'll both be post-season bound. The committee should like the fact that both Big Sky teams last year won in the 1st round and had much better attandance draws than many eastern schools. I could see UM landing a 2 or 3 seed and EWU headed to either UMass or UNI - first round. And EWU would play UNI or UMass better than Richmond, IMO.

BestOfBreed
October 31st, 2007, 03:17 PM
What everyone else said plus Holy Cross beating Fordham this weekend would help too.

Looks like either Eastern Illinois or Jacksonville State have a chance at an at-large too. They play each other next week so one will be eliminated but if the other one could lose before or after then it would help clear up the bubble teams a little too.