PDA

View Full Version : Matt Dougherty's predictions

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Link Extra Point (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN3978563.htm)

rokamortis
September 7th, 2005, 06:24 PM
He's certainly giving us more credit than we deserve.

saint0917
September 7th, 2005, 06:42 PM
And he's picking Lehigh over Delaware, Wow

umassfan
September 7th, 2005, 07:24 PM
And he's picking Lehigh over Delaware, Wow
I too am picking Lehigh over Delaware!

ChickenMan
September 7th, 2005, 07:42 PM
I too am picking Lehigh over Delaware!

Wow there's a shock... umassfan picking Lehigh over Delaware... :eek:

Hoo-ah
September 7th, 2005, 07:57 PM

He might be called many things--but he is consistent. :) :D

umassfan
September 7th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Hey I call them like I see them... If I think UD will lose I pick them to lose... if I think they will win then I pick them to win... simple as that.

rufus
September 7th, 2005, 08:03 PM
He's certainly giving us more credit than we deserve.

Actually Matt Dougherty has just never thought much of JMU. I'm actually surprised he picked us at all. I believe he only picked JMU to win 4 out of 14 times last year. We could be playing Marist and he would most likely pick Marist in a close game.

eagleskins
September 7th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Baldy, his prediction for the GSU-McNeese looks really similar to mine. Just curious as to your prediction Baldy.

ngineer
September 7th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Matt's LU/UD pick is close to mine--27-21, which I came up with Tuesday. However, LU's sports site lists the injury list and several defensive players are 'questionable', including cb Andrew Nelson who missed last week, and which lead to alot of Monmouth's passing yardage. I'm not sure what 'questionable' means--I've interpreted it as 50/50 chance of playing, as opposed to 'probable' which is more than 75% chance. Is this correct. If Nelson can't go, or even if he can go, but is not near 100%, then LU could have another tough night, unless Gilliard learned something last week. Possilble the Monmouth's wr's are just as good if not better than UD's due to inexperience, so maybe there will be balance out. Regardless, I'm still picking my Brown & White. Da' Boys need to stay within themselves, though, and not get 'too high' which can cause overplay. Looking forward to a great atmosphere Sat. Night!

ChickenMan
September 8th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Possilble the Monmouth's wr's are just as good if not better than UD's due to inexperience

Do you REALLY believe that... :D

Pard94
September 8th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Ah the lack of respect continues...excellent!

89Hen
September 8th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Most dead on comment of the week. :nod:

89Hen
September 8th, 2005, 08:31 AM
if I think they will win then I pick them to win... simple as that.
Usually after the fact though. :p

Lafalumni29
September 8th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Ah the lack of respect continues...excellent!
94, he will never give us any credit. A LC victory by a field goal or less will be a "so what?" to him. We need to blow them out to open some eyes. Is there a final injury report for LC? Fisher? Stovall?

BlueHenBill
September 8th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Dougherty has Lehigh ranked 12th and UD 16th, and picks LU to win. I like it when UD is the underdog. I hope that UD can spring the upset.

LUHawker
September 8th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Dougherty has Lehigh ranked 12th and UD 16th, and picks LU to win. I like it when UD is the underdog. I hope that UD can spring the upset.

This underdog position must be new ground for you guys.

youwouldno
September 8th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I'm just hoping for a close game. I took Lehigh +14, which frankly I don't think Blue Hen fans can say was a bad move, though certainly I could lose.

The PL is a tough defensive league, but personally I think UD will win in a close one... they have pretty good talent on both sides of the ball, as usual, and Lehigh may not have the firepower to pull it out.

UD 20
LU 13

LUHawker
September 8th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I'm just hoping for a close game. I took Lehigh +14, which frankly I don't think Blue Hen fans can say was a bad move, though certainly I could lose.

The PL is a tough defensive league, but personally I think UD will win in a close one... they have pretty good talent on both sides of the ball, as usual, and Lehigh may not have the firepower to pull it out.

UD 20
LU 13

Interestingly, I have the opposite point of view. If anything, I think Lehigh does have the offensive firepower; there are however more questions on defense and its ability to stop UD. It will be interesting to see how it materializes.

saint0917
September 9th, 2005, 10:43 AM

It just doesn't seem to matter how many players they lose, UD is always strong. UD-23, Lehigh-20

89Hen
September 9th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Lehigh +14, which frankly I don't think Blue Hen fans can say was a bad move, though certainly I could lose.
That's a ton of points, I'd probably take LU too. However, I was terrible on the point spreads last week so listening to me would not be wise.

FightinBluHen51
September 9th, 2005, 02:19 PM
That's a ton of points, I'd probably take LU too. However, I was terrible on the point spreads last week so listening to me would not be wise.
I'd take those points to. What was the over under?