PDA

View Full Version : Coastal vs Liberty

SuperJon
October 31st, 2007, 10:03 AM
Since Coastal's board has been dead all week, I thought I'd throw this one up to the AGS crowd so I can read something from people other than Liberty fans.

Coastal at Liberty this weekend. Who ya got and why?

ElonPride
October 31st, 2007, 10:42 AM
This is not a a crack at Coastal (as all schools take their hard knocks with bad football years), but I would pick Liberty by at least 3 Tds.

Liberty has a very balanced offense, CCU gives up 235 rushing yards a game and LU has 2 big backs.

Judging by CCU's loss to Presby, and how you easily handled the Blue Hose, I figure it will be a BIG win for LU.

I've seen you guys play in person at Elon, and you do have some talent on that team!

SuperJon
October 31st, 2007, 10:45 AM
We came out so flat against you guys. I'd love to have that game over again. You'd likely move on us almost as well as you did earlier just because Riddle and Hudgins are that good, but our offense was terrible. It'd be a great game now. Oh well. We get to try again next year.

The Gadfly
October 31st, 2007, 02:02 PM
Zzzzz. . . zzzz . . . WOW, no Coastal "fans" to be seen anywhere. Weird how things happen when the tide turns. May the chicken curse continue.

Jon, I absolutely love the site you guys started up for Liberty. Keep it it up and I'm pullin' for you guys to win the "big" South.

CCUCheer
October 31st, 2007, 02:44 PM
Zzzzz. . . zzzz . . . WOW, no Coastal "fans" to be seen anywhere. Weird how things happen when the tide turns. May the chicken curse continue.

Jon, I absolutely love the site you guys started up for Liberty. Keep it it up and I'm pullin' for you guys to win the "big" South.

xcoffeex xcoffeex xreadx xblahblahx xblahblahx

WMTribe90
October 31st, 2007, 03:37 PM
The Flames gave W&M a game and then some. I'll go with flame-broiled beach chicken in this match up...it's getting close to dinner time.

Coastal-Effect
October 31st, 2007, 05:06 PM
Kick us while were down we have KICKED AZZ and BROKE HEARTS xnodx xlolx for the past three years.I guess it's time for teams to start beating us TO BAD IT TOOK US LOSING 36 SENIORS BEFORE YOU COULD DO IT.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx.

IT'S NOT SMACK JUST TELLING THE TRUTH BROTHA.

CCUCheer
October 31st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Kick us while were down we have KICKED AZZ and BROKE HEARTS xnodx xlolx for the past three years.I guess it's time for teams to start beating us TO BAD IT TOOK US LOSING 36 SENIORS BEFORE YOU COULD DO IT.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx.

I couldn't agree more! xthumbsupx

CoastalFan2005
October 31st, 2007, 05:43 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4751&d=1178915152

Coastal-Effect
October 31st, 2007, 05:46 PM
I couldn't agree more! xthumbsupx

Everybody Know it but hate to admit it. xbangx

IaaScribe
October 31st, 2007, 07:18 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4751&d=1178915152

That is the greatest smilie ever.

SuperJon
October 31st, 2007, 08:04 PM

Ehh, not really. Eight points in two years and three overtimes isn't necessarily the beat down you're making it out to be.

Coastal-Effect
October 31st, 2007, 08:36 PM
Ehh, not really. Eight points in two years and three overtimes isn't necessarily the beat down you're making it out to be.

A win is a win it don't matter if you win by 1 point 3 points or 10 points.and you never heard me say anything about a beat down.xnonox xeyebrowx

SuperJon
October 31st, 2007, 08:39 PM
If you're kicking "azz" then that would mean it's a fairly significant win.

I'm not discounting the wins, please don't take it as that. Liberty has played you closer than anyone else over the past two years (other than CSU's fluke win).

justsaying
October 31st, 2007, 08:42 PM

Coming from a GW fan I could not agree more, I remember a time not to long ago when Liberty and Elon were laughing stocks of the their conferences. to tell the truth, they haven't even proved anything yet......

Like my man said, IT'S NOT SMACK JUST TELLING THE TRUTH

Coastal-Effect
October 31st, 2007, 08:55 PM
If you're kicking "azz" then that would mean it's a fairly significant win.

I'm not discounting the wins, please don't take it as that. Liberty has played you closer than anyone else over the past two years (other than CSU's fluke win).
I was not pointing liberty out we have beat some topnotch teams in the past three years.and now that were down everybody wants a piece of us.

SuperJon
October 31st, 2007, 09:23 PM
Coming from a GW fan I could not agree more, I remember a time not to long ago when Liberty and Elon were laughing stocks of the their conferences. to tell the truth, they haven't even proved anything yet......

Elon has. We're still working on it. We've fallen a point or two short in all of our chances to prove it (Coastal 06, W&M 07, Toledo 07, etc).

CoastalFan2005
October 31st, 2007, 10:31 PM
Either this game is a somehow miracle win for CCU (I'm talking 3 points or less), or the Flames beat us by several TD's. We have absolutely got to start figuring out or QB spot - Will Richardson is not getting it done. xsmhx

gophoenix
November 1st, 2007, 08:32 AM

What more do you want proven????
Elon vs Gardner-Webb 20-9
Elon vs Charleston Southern 4-0
Elon vs Liberty 7-3
Elon vs Presbyterian 22-18-2
Elon vs Coastal Carolina 1-1
Elon vs VMI 1-1

So I am having trouble seeing how a Gardner-Webb fan has any smack leg to talk on here? Not one Big South team has a lifetime winning record against Elon.

justsaying
November 1st, 2007, 12:58 PM
What more do you want proven????
Elon vs Gardner-Webb 20-9
Elon vs Charleston Southern 4-0
Elon vs Liberty 7-3
Elon vs Presbyterian 22-18-2
Elon vs Coastal Carolina 1-1
Elon vs VMI 1-1

So I am having trouble seeing how a Gardner-Webb fan has any smack leg to talk on here? Not one Big South team has a lifetime winning record against Elon.

I'm "JUST SAYING" the past 5 years your program has been 17-39 against competition, granted Elon is having a good year, and Liberty is doing well also, but don't forget how far you have come!!!!!!

gophoenix
November 1st, 2007, 01:42 PM
I'm "JUST SAYING" the past 5 years your program has been 17-39 against competition, granted Elon is having a good year, and Liberty is doing well also, but don't forget how far you have come!!!!!!

Trust me, I know where we have come. Which is why I am really not smacking with anyone or talking down to the other schools like certain fans have done to us.

CSUBUCDAD
November 1st, 2007, 02:39 PM
After what I saw last week, Coastal better have a strong day or it will be a long one. Liberty is damn good this year. Impressed the heck out of me while they were kicking my Bucs down the street.

rokamortis
November 1st, 2007, 10:02 PM

Sorry - I've been looking for the Columbia College (SC) football helmet avatar.

GO FIGHTING KOALAS!
http://www.columbiacvb.com/images/listings/columbia_college_lowres.jpg

ElonPride
November 2nd, 2007, 10:52 AM

Really, Elon hasn't this season? And this is coming from a GWU fan.......

SuperJon
November 2nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
We've seen Riddle first hand in a game where our offense didn't get off the bus. We get a chance to make up for it next year in the last game of the season.

ElonPride
November 2nd, 2007, 11:32 AM
We've seen Riddle first hand in a game where our offense didn't get off the bus. We get a chance to make up for it next year in the last game of the season.

Yes you do, should be a good game :)