PDA

View Full Version : Flacco impresses

ChickenMan
October 29th, 2007, 06:37 PM
From Mel Kiper at ESPN.com

Some observers may have been surprised by Delaware's 59-52 victory over Navy, but in reality, this qualified as anything but a shocker. The Midshipmen were completely overwhelmed by the Blue Hens' senior QB Joe Flacco, and they also failed to contain Delaware's talented senior RB Omar Cuff. Flacco clearly is the best QB Navy will face this season, and he had absolutely no trouble carving up the Middies' deep patrol. A pro-style signal-caller, Flacco (6-6, 235) completed 30 of 41 passes for 434 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions. On a number of occasions he had all day to throw, but Flacco's accuracy, arm strength and decision-making grabbed the attention of NFL scouts who were in attendance and he is a very intriguing prospect. Keep in mind, Flacco began his college career at Pittsburgh, where he was recruited by former coach Walt Harris, and worked as the backup to Tyler Palko. Flacco has completed 72.8 percent of his passes, with 13 touchdowns and just three interceptions. I know we're still early in the draft process, but I view Flacco as a potential third-round draft choice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=3085178

uofmman1122
October 29th, 2007, 06:43 PM
From Mel Kiper at ESPN.com

Some observers may have been surprised by Delaware's 59-52 victory over Navy, but in reality, this qualified as anything but a shocker. The Midshipmen were completely overwhelmed by the Blue Hens' senior QB Joe Flacco, and they also failed to contain Delaware's talented senior RB Omar Cuff. Flacco clearly is the best QB Navy will face this season, and he had absolutely no trouble carving up the Middies' deep patrol. A pro-style signal-caller, Flacco (6-6, 235) completed 30 of 41 passes for 434 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions. On a number of occasions he had all day to throw, but Flacco's accuracy, arm strength and decision-making grabbed the attention of NFL scouts who were in attendance and he is a very intriguing prospect. Keep in mind, Flacco began his college career at Pittsburgh, where he was recruited by former coach Walt Harris, and worked as the backup to Tyler Palko. Flacco has completed 72.8 percent of his passes, with 13 touchdowns and just three interceptions. I know we're still early in the draft process, but I view Flacco as a potential third-round draft choice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=3085178Delaware's starting to look rather scary. A Wash-Griz rematch would be epic. xthumbsupx

YoUDeeMan
October 29th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Delaware's starting to look rather scary. A Wash-Griz rematch would be epic. xthumbsupx

We've been to your place. Drop your game with MSU and come on out our way; we'll show you some good ol' Delaware hospitality! xsmiley_wix

mikebigg
October 30th, 2007, 08:13 AM
I've always wanted Grambling to play Delaware...when I was in high school, we played the Blue Hens in a College Division playoff game. I was impressed with Coach Tubby Raymond's version of the single wing and have always found myself checking your scores on Sunday in the Sport page listings. Don't know why, but I always wanted to see a rematch game.

Now that we've ended the 7 game conference mandate, I'd like to play the Blue Hens at least for 1 home and home...but a 4 year deal would be more to my liking!

SunCoastBlueHen
October 30th, 2007, 08:23 AM
I've always wanted Grambling to play Delaware...when I was in high school, we played the Blue Hens in a College Division playoff game. I was impressed with Coach Tubby Raymond's version of the single wing and have always found myself checking your scores on Sunday in the Sport page listings. Don't know why, but I always wanted to see a rematch game.

Now that we've ended the 7 game conference mandate, I'd like to play the Blue Hens at least for 1 home and home...but a 4 year deal would be more to my liking!

I think that is a game many Hens fans, me included, would like to see also. Any program with a history as rich as Grambling's would be a welcomed opponent.

andy7171
October 30th, 2007, 08:23 AM
I look forward to the day Flacco and Cuff graduate! :o

mikebigg
October 30th, 2007, 09:32 AM
I look forward to the day Flacco and Cuff graduate! :o

After watching them against Navy, I can understand why!

putter
October 30th, 2007, 10:10 AM
I give Kiper credit he will notice talent no matter what schools they play at. That said, did he really have to say that Flacco was a transfer?

89Hen
October 30th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I've always wanted Grambling to play Delaware...when I was in high school, we played the Blue Hens in a College Division playoff game... Don't know why, but I always wanted to see a rematch game.
YOU want a rematch?... we want revenge. :p xthumbsupx xnodx

mikebigg
October 30th, 2007, 02:19 PM
YOU want a rematch?... we want revenge. :p xthumbsupx xnodx

Take it out on McNeese...they're from Louisiana xlolx I warn you though, those Rodeo boys are tough this year...ULL was expecting to be pretty good this year, then McNeese went there and they haven't been the same since.

Maybe our paths will cross on the gridiron soon... I was told by a reliable source that Coach Broadway wants to play other FCS schools as non-conference games to build up our home schedule. Since our BC obligation makes the playoffs unrealistic, I also favor playing some of the other FCS schools as ooc.

BDKJMU
October 30th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I give Kiper credit he will notice talent no matter what schools they play at. That said, did he really have to say that Flacco was a transfer?

Yes.

blukeys
October 30th, 2007, 09:28 PM

No he didn't but Kiper believes that saying he came from Pitt inflates Flacco's credentials. The odd thing is that Delaware has had some pretty good QB's that have gone on to play in the NFL, Komlo, Brunner, and Gannon. All three have won as many Super Bowls as Dan Marino!!!

If Kiper wants to bring up the transfer angle, why not tell the whole story of how Wannstadt screwed Flacco out of a year of playing for the Hens by not releasing him from his scholarship. I'm sure this is a piece ot news many in the ESPN family would be interested in hearing. Please Mel Tell the WHOLE STORY!!!xnodx xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 30th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I watched Delaware play Towson earlier this year and I was very impressed with Flacco he was everything Kiper says he is. Delaware looks reaaaaaly tough this year.

MR. CHICKEN
October 31st, 2007, 05:59 AM
FLACCO WAS RECRUITED BAH WALT HARRIS........WHO ACCEPTED DUH STANFORD JOB........WANNSTADT COMES TA PITT....PALKO IS HIS CHOICE.........DUH FLACCSTER WANTS OUT......CHOOSES DUH REAL BLUE 'N GOLD........AS WORD HAS GOTTEN OUT....DAT CARTY'S ARM IS BEST SUITED.......FO' SIGNALIN' IN DUH PLAYS..........PITT REFUSES TA RELEASE FLACCO FROM HIS SKOLLY....(HE WANTS HIM FO' WHEN PALKO GRADS)......SO JOE LOSES UH YEAR & PAYS HIS WAY TA NEWARK.....IT WAS ONCE RUMORED DAT MIGHTY JOE....BECAUSE O' DUH COACHIN' CHANGE.....WOOD PETITION DUH NCAA TA GET BACK DUH LOST YEAR.....(WHICH DUH HENS SURE COULD USE).......BUT WHIFF NFL SCOUTS SINGIN'.....HIS PRAISES..........GUESSIN' HE WOOD RATHERAH PLAY SUNDAY'S....DAN SATURDAYS...................xwhistlex....BRAWK!