PDA

View Full Version : Can we stick a fork in Hofstra?

AZGrizFan
October 29th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Can CAA apologists finally admit that Hofstra has been exposed?

Please?

They may only win one more game all year...

xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

kardplayer
October 29th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I already forked 'em in my poll - not a CAA guy, but an east coaster...

GannonFan
October 29th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Please?

I think a lot of CAA people have been saying this all along - if Hofstra goes 8-3 I wouldn't expect them to be in the playoffs - just not enough good wins. But we'll see with Hofstra - they still have W&M at home, NU on the road, and UMass at home - not that hard of a schedule and they normally do well against UMass at home. I wouldn't count them out yet, but I also wouldn't expect much from them if they did somehow make the playoffs.

Henwatcher
October 29th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Same question could be asked about Montana State, E.Washington, Northern Arizona, Nicholls State, The Citadel, Cal Poly, and San Diego. Why all the bias against the East Coast?

89Hen
October 29th, 2007, 03:19 PM

Please?

Could be, but I expect them to beat W&M and NU. You say this as if it was CAA folk that was propping them up. xconfusedx The opening win over Furman certainly got everyone's attention, not just CAA fans. xpeacex

dbackjon
October 29th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Could be, but I expect them to beat W&M and NU. You say this as if it was CAA folk that was propping them up. xconfusedx The opening win over Furman certainly got everyone's attention, not just CAA fans. xpeacex

Of course, that Furman win looks far less impressive today. Other reason why you should re-evaluate your poll each week, not just adjust from last week's rankings...

WrenFGun
October 29th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Hofstra is toast. They'd need to win out to have a shot.

Cranium716
October 29th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I've been saying this for the past two weeks since the Hofstra-UNH game. They have the Montana/San Diego fluff schedule of the East Coast. To have any shot to make the playoffs, they'd have to beat UMass to give them one quality win, which I think is highly unlikely.

kardplayer
October 29th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Same question could be asked about Montana State, E.Washington, Northern Arizona, Nicholls State, The Citadel, Cal Poly, and San Diego. Why all the bias against the East Coast?

Great question and great list. Of all those schools, only E. Washington is in my poll, albeit at #17

AZGrizFan
October 29th, 2007, 04:05 PM

Well, NAU needed to win out to get 7 D-I wins, so they're officially toast now. Montana State is probably toast after losing to xeekx UNC, but EWU is legit. No doubt about that. Nicholls State is done after losing, San Diego is done with one loss, Cal Poly should not have been in the conversation and The Citadel was exposed.

So, out of your list, the only one I think merits additional consideration is EWU.

89Hen
October 29th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Of course, that Furman win looks far less impressive today. Other reason why you should re-evaluate your poll each week, not just adjust from last week's rankings...
Agreed. xnodx

UNHWildCats
October 29th, 2007, 04:37 PM

Please?

Even before they lost this weekend I( said they can go 9-2 but with losses to UNH and UMass prolly wont get into the playoffs. They played the weak half off the South this year.

UMass and UNH were there only tough games.

URMite
October 29th, 2007, 04:40 PM

I agree but isn't The Citadel East Coast... xsmiley_wix

I do believe NAU and Nicholls are done <7 DI wins

URMite
October 29th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Well, NAU needed to win out to get 7 D-I wins, so they're officially toast now. Montana State is probably toast after losing to xeekx UNC, but EWU is legit. No doubt about that. Nicholls State is done after losing, San Diego is done with one loss, Cal Poly should not have been in the conversation and The Citadel was exposed.

So, out of your list, the only one I think merits additional consideration is EWU.

I agree EWU has the strongest chance of that group and my own bracket comes down to UR, JMU, EWU, and EIU all at 8-3 with 2 at-large, assuming no upsets anyway in the last 3 weeks.

My 5 who need a second look if they run the table are Villanova, The Citadel, WIU, Cal Poly, and Montana St.